Corona

More
05 Nov 2013 21:33 #15363 by Birdman
Replied by Birdman on topic Corona
Have already looked at CC2500 data sheet.

Thanks very much for your help.

I think it is time to go back to stock firmware.

Bm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2013 23:47 #15364 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Corona
Don't be discouraged so easily! Frankly, I have no bandwidth - I still have to finish 3 other protocols - HiSky, ESky, and Tactic SLT, all in different states of disarray, otherwise I'd do this. Besides, all mine so far are nRF24L01 based, so I know some commands by heart and can make sense more easily now, but it took me a lot of time to get used to it. But the reward of making things move, or better, fly by your code is enormous.

BTW, how the stock firmware gonna help you?

More
06 Nov 2013 03:52 #15367 by Birdman
Unfortunately i have the time but not the skill. I was 30 when pc's became a household thing. By then had other interests, like flying which i have had all my life.

I don't expect help or someone to do it for me, i thought there was a chance i might get through it.

I would not put deviation on a devo 12. This is a fully featured heli airplane and glider tx. To setup the features this has on deviation would be nothing short of a nightmare, and you will lose some features. I think you lose out on the 8 as well.

The only advantage i see that deviation has over 8 and 12 is the multi protocol. Otherwise it is a step backwards imo, sorry.

Bm

More
06 Nov 2013 03:59 #15368 by Birdman
Hover pit and thr on a heli are just the tip of the iceburg. ;)

Bm

More
06 Nov 2013 04:10 - 06 Nov 2013 04:24 #15369 by Birdman
How about a glider, with: crow, diff ailerons, spoilers, dr, exp, 5 flight modes. Thats just the main wing.

Bm

edit: crow commands aileron, elevator and flaps
i can put corona module on devo with stock firmware
Last edit: 06 Nov 2013 04:24 by Birdman.

More
06 Nov 2013 06:58 #15370 by victzh
Yea, we're coming from different backgrounds. I am a programmer, who did this since 14 (on paper without computer access), and only recently started flying helis (I have only one plane, indoors micro slow flyer), and not very big ones ;-) So this hover pitch and throttle mean nothing for me (yet).

Devo 12 has a professional price tag on it, it is still hard to justify to buy this for myself considering my flying skill level. It better have all these mentioned options, otherwise it is unclear why the price.

Deviation project is very young, it started not even 2 years ago. And the main point (as far as I perceive it) is to make cheaper TXs more powerful and cover more features.

You mentioned that Corona receiver and tx module can be had for $30 somewhere. Is it in US? I may consider it after I'm done with my multitude of nRF projects.

More
06 Nov 2013 07:06 #15371 by Birdman
Thanks for understanding.

HobbyKing sell them, they have warehouses around the world. I would be more than happy to send you one.

What about a Deviation module? A multi protocol module for devo. I think i read PB suggested this at one time. Hobbyking are selling something similar for other tx.

Bm

More
06 Nov 2013 15:16 - 06 Nov 2013 15:17 #15379 by SadSack
Replied by SadSack on topic Corona
Module is kinda done. Have all elements to make cut down 7e module on my FG12. I'm not a coder so its going painfully slow but that 99.9% complete.
Beauty is apart from screen code changes its the same as 7e.
Down side is it's on the limit of code space and needs another PPM input and that I can't do.

Should point out I didn't do this so I could have Knock off devo. I'd hoped it could be insanely cheap way to get people on board with deviation. Take a cheap 4 to 6 channel Tx hopefully with PPM out. With old hardware giving 4 to 6 ch and Deviation adding up to 7+. Would mean 4 pot's/multi pole switch's plus extra trims/switch's or ?????? All using code all ready in place. All this done internally and end up with Budget all singing TX.

I should say PB didn't want to see just another TX module. Honestly wouldn't have have a clue what he may say about it when he gets back. I do have this feeling of "wait till your father gets home!!!" Truly no wish to upset anyone involved with this project.
Last edit: 06 Nov 2013 15:17 by SadSack.

More
06 Nov 2013 15:54 #15382 by victzh
@SadSack - any photos?
@Birdman - may be later when I'm ready I'll ask you for the modules. Apparently, I can't buy off all of the radio equipment in the world ;-) though I would like to. But not until I'm reasonably feature complete with my previous protocols.

I work on the multiprotocol module myself, but not the one you're asking for. If I understand correctly, you'd like to have an external PPM module which can be connected to any TX and serve all the protocols Devo supports with minimal efforts of porting new protocols from main Devo code. It is definitely possible and reasonable to do.

What I am doing is making an easy to solder board with attachment to Devo 7E (though I will make an attachment board for Devo 10 as soon as I have proof of concept) which can be soldered unambiguously and prevent people from many wiring errors. It will contain 3 extra modules, A7105, nRF24L01, and CC2500 and require some extra dispatching code in Devo.

More
06 Nov 2013 16:28 #15385 by SadSack
Its a bit of rats nest

And video
Attachments:

More
06 Nov 2013 17:10 #15387 by victzh
Wow! Looks impressive. Do you use the same chip as Devo 7E? Why not Devo 10's - has more potential.

More
06 Nov 2013 17:22 #15388 by SadSack
stm32f103rb is super cheap and does what i need but do have some stmf103vc + screens so 10/8 are an option and PB has written code for other TFT touch screen.

More
06 Nov 2013 19:54 #15389 by victzh
On DigiKey RB is $7.14 and VC is $8.96 - both are not that dirt cheap, but the difference in $1.82 is negligible. On the other hand, do you really need the whole Devo interface on a module? It's not a radio module anymore, but the whole Devo using your nice gimbals. Even usage of switches is impossible, so more reasonable would be Devo radio code with a switch between Devo's numerous protocols.

More
06 Nov 2013 20:29 - 06 Nov 2013 20:30 #15391 by SadSack
well on www.aliexpress.com/ i got 3 for $8 shipped.

Pretty sure multi protocol could be fitted on smaller mcu. I only want module and I'll be doing a WK 2801 > deviation conversion for a friend. I'll post a guide and then up to who ever to see how it fits there needs.

Ps I don't code so follow main code meaning no constant changes to code.
Last edit: 06 Nov 2013 20:30 by SadSack.

More
06 Nov 2013 21:53 - 06 Nov 2013 21:56 #15394 by Birdman

victzh wrote: @SadSack - any photos?
@Birdman - may be later when I'm ready I'll ask you for the modules. Apparently, I can't buy off all of the radio equipment in the world ;-) though I would like to. But not until I'm reasonably feature complete with my previous protocols.

I work on the multiprotocol module myself, but not the one you're asking for. If I understand correctly, you'd like to have an external PPM module which can be connected to any TX and serve all the protocols Devo supports with minimal efforts of porting new protocols from main Devo code. It is definitely possible and reasonable to do.

What I am doing is making an easy to solder board with attachment to Devo 7E (though I will make an attachment board for Devo 10 as soon as I have proof of concept) which can be soldered unambiguously and prevent people from many wiring errors. It will contain 3 extra modules, A7105, nRF24L01, and CC2500 and require some extra dispatching code in Devo.

A external ppm module which can be connected to Devo 8/12 with other protocols, like DSM2, Corona, Etc.

A stock devo 8 or 12 with multi protocol.

Bm
Last edit: 06 Nov 2013 21:56 by Birdman.

More
06 Nov 2013 22:05 #15395 by victzh
@SadSack I'm a bit wary to give aliexpress my credit card and they generally don't accept PayPal. Regarding the code, I think it can be arranged so it only builds the subset for your purposes from the same sources - you don't need to track the main repo manually.

More
06 Jan 2014 16:10 #18081 by victzh
@Birdman - if you have a Corona TX module and RX, can you make photos around RF chips (CC2500) and post them here? I want to evaluate how easy is it to connect logic analyzer to them.

More
22 Mar 2016 07:26 - 22 Mar 2016 07:38 #44970 by triplea
Replied by triplea on topic Corona
I also have several Corona TX(CT8J) RX(CR8D), and hope it could be integrated into DEVO.

www.corona-rc.com/coproductshow.asp?ArticleID=68
Last edit: 22 Mar 2016 07:38 by triplea.

More
22 Mar 2016 15:10 #44983 by victzh
Can you solder to TX and capture SPI traces for others to decode?

More
25 Mar 2016 19:08 - 25 Mar 2016 19:08 #45174 by triplea
Replied by triplea on topic Corona
I try to capture the csv file as the attached.

www.mediafire.com/download/bie2antogzr43qx/t8j_r8d_03262016.zip

Last edit: 25 Mar 2016 19:08 by triplea.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds