JD 395 cx-10

More
12 Apr 2015 21:59 #31116 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic JD 395 cx-10
Sorry to disappoint, but it uses 3 different protocols and 2 of them use a chip not totally compatible with nRF24L01+. If you're willing to add another radio chip to your Devo - it's available yesterday (actually, for quite some time). The red board works with already existing Deviation protocol and nRF chip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2015 22:03 #31117 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic JD 395 cx-10
You guys never disappoint.

I didn't realized the green board used a different chip. That's lame. Especially since the red board was fine already. :) I thought only the blue board used a different chip. Thanks for the info and getting me up to speed.

More
12 Apr 2015 22:05 #31119 by victzh
Actually, by chance I have red and green board. I like how green flies better, despite flying red with Devo. Also, sometimes red flips for no reason, may be an error in protocol implementation and some stick values leak into flags.

More
13 Apr 2015 01:31 #31125 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic JD 395 cx-10
Flag data is completely separate from stick channels in the YD717 protocols. If your red board CX-10 is flipping when channel 5 is less than zero, then we need some SPI captures from the red board CX10 to see what the protocol difference is.

Does the red board CX10 stock tx have a flip control? The original yd717 does not. The protocol data showed flag bits being set when in high rates, and it turned out the flag byte controlled the flips separate from the rate control. Maybe the CX10 firmware is not exactly the same.

More
13 Apr 2015 03:14 #31126 by victzh
I checked my config file - channel 5 is mapped to AUX4, which - you guess - happened to be positive. It leads to FLAG_FLIP to be constantly on and heli reacting to it, let's say, less predictably ;-)

And I checked behavior turning AUX4 back and forth - it is consistent.

Sorry for the confusion.

More
13 Apr 2015 10:50 #31132 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic JD 395 cx-10

Daryoon wrote: CX10 would be the holy grail for me as I have one of those. So surprise it still hasn't been deviated yet. LOL

Always appreciate you guys developing and continuing to push Deviation forward.

Note that you can make an external PPM to XN297 module to control the green and blue CX10s with your Devo:
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t...&page=3#post31068187

Join this thread if you want to make yours and need some help :)

More
13 Apr 2015 12:35 #31133 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic JD 395 cx-10

victzh wrote: I checked my config file - channel 5 is mapped to AUX4, which - you guess - happened to be positive. It leads to FLAG_FLIP to be constantly on and heli reacting to it, let's say, less predictably ;-)

And I checked behavior turning AUX4 back and forth - it is consistent.

Sorry for the confusion.

No worries. Thanks for testing. Wouldn't surprise me if some differences appear someday among the quads using the protocol.

More
14 Apr 2015 13:59 #31166 by victzh
I had another setback with XN297 - this time it does not work in my test setup, Arduino. I suspect it gets too much voltage, my Arduino works on USB power and does not have down regulator to 3.3v. Or I am doing something radically wrong - it just does not appear to be alive for me - no response, or one response only - then silence. I resoldered it back to check whether I ruined the module with 5v signals (I put 3.3v power, but Arduino uses 4.8v or so on signal lines) - no, the original TX works fine.

More
14 Apr 2015 15:06 #31173 by goebish
According to the datasheet the IO pins are not 5V tolerant, I used a logic level converter for my first tests with a 5V Arduino.

More
05 May 2015 21:38 #32133 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic JD 395 cx-10
Not DeviationTx related, but I want to thank you closedsink for his Arduino code and Hexfet for his protocol Analysis.
Cheers guys!

More
06 May 2015 15:25 #32173 by victzh
I have an intermediate result - maiden flight of CX-10 green board with my TX code using nRF24L01+/Beken.

I will finish up the XN297 emulation layer and make Deviation module in coming days. There can be problems with bidirectional protocols - it's easier to generate acceptable packet than to decode with Nordic/Beken.

More
06 May 2015 20:21 #32187 by camousse
Replied by camousse on topic JD 395 cx-10
Great Job !!!!
So you manage to scramble the packet by software just like XN297 does...
My green board CX10 is waiting for your protocol !!!
Thanks for your research !!!

More
06 May 2015 20:36 #32188 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic JD 395 cx-10

victzh wrote: I have an intermediate result - maiden flight of CX-10 green board with my TX code using nRF24L01+/Beken.

I will finish up the XN297 emulation layer and make Deviation module in coming days. There can be problems with bidirectional protocols - it's easier to generate acceptable packet than to decode with Nordic/Beken.

Wow, that sound great! :woohoo:
So probably finally we could replicate XN297 protocols using our beloved nRf24L01 in our Devo TXs?

More
07 May 2015 18:44 #32217 by victzh
Couple of kinks, and no blue board yet (I don't have blue board and as you know it is impossible to tell what they gonna send you). As soon as my Devo10 works reasonably well I'll put it in Builds subforum.

More
07 May 2015 20:42 #32225 by goebish
Awesome !
I wish you make a blog or forum post with some in-depth explanations of this "hack" if you have a chance :)
The blue board is bi-directional (at least for bind stage), do you think there's a chance of making it work ?

More
07 May 2015 21:19 #32227 by victzh
I wish too ;-) I actually plan this, but I'm a lousy blogger. We'll see.

Yes, the reading is totally untested, even conceptually. I think that it's possible, but not sure.

More
08 May 2015 07:36 #32237 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic JD 395 cx-10

goebish wrote: Awesome !
I wish you make a blog or forum post with some in-depth explanations of this "hack" if you have a chance :)
The blue board is bi-directional (at least for bind stage), do you think there's a chance of making it work ?

What I can say :) He did amazing and tricky stuffs :)

More
08 May 2015 11:18 #32243 by lebowitz
Replied by lebowitz on topic JD 395 cx-10
victzh: Would it help if I mail you a blue board?

More
08 May 2015 15:36 #32251 by victzh
Generally, I prefer to have a model I'm deviating (though I had a good experience of making a model just by traces - SeByDocKy was very helpful in providing them for me). In this case I need to make sure first that nRF24 is able to receive ANY packets from XN297 at all. Theoretically it's possible, but not verified yet.

I may ask you about the board later, now I still have problems to solve with hardware I already have. But thanks for the offer.

More
09 May 2015 05:33 #32285 by victzh
Check out Builds subforum, I uploaded Devo 10, Devo 7E, and my Devo 10 model file for CX-10 green board.

The build is based on hexfet's code with my addition of XN297 emulation layer.

Please report success/failure.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds