JJRC X1 capture

More
18 Jan 2016 18:44 #41914 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic JJRC X1 capture
I tested you last build and it's no more binding :( ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2016 20:36 #41918 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic JJRC X1 capture
Okay, the arm signal is in this capture. I added control for it on channel 5.

However at the end of the capture the arm value changes. Was there some disarm sequence done at the end of the capture?

I've changed the bind code a bit, but not all the way back to fixed value. Please give it a try.

More
18 Jan 2016 20:44 #41920 by SeByDocKy

hexfet wrote: Okay, the arm signal is in this capture. I added control for it on channel 5.

However at the end of the capture the arm value changes. Was there some disarm sequence done at the end of the capture?

I've changed the bind code a bit, but not all the way back to fixed value. Please give it a try.

Yes at the end I pressed twice down the "idle trim" for a fast desarm

More
18 Jan 2016 20:50 #41921 by SeByDocKy
Good news :) it's working now :) at least to arm/desarm ... :)

So there is a specific channel for arming/desarming ? We can't reproduce this spefic arming sequence ?

More
18 Jan 2016 21:00 - 18 Jan 2016 21:07 #41922 by SeByDocKy

Well I can't fly indoors but everything seems not bad at all :)
Last edit: 18 Jan 2016 21:07 by SeByDocKy.

More
18 Jan 2016 21:51 #41923 by hexfet
Is there also a slow disarm? What is the difference?
Do the motors always run when armed?

Detecting the stick arming sequence would be more code than it's worth. Tracking a sequence over time is on the order of a small state machine. Should be able to do a multiwii-like stick arm with mixers, but would have to give it some thought.

The headless and RTH controls should work on channels 9 and 10 (when your weather improves :) ). There's one other bit that seems to set in all the captures - are there any other controls on the stock tx?

More
18 Jan 2016 22:09 - 18 Jan 2016 22:11 #41924 by SeByDocKy

hexfet wrote: Is there also a slow disarm? What is the difference?
Do the motors always run when armed?

Detecting the stick arming sequence would be more code than it's worth. Tracking a sequence over time is on the order of a small state machine. Should be able to do a multiwii-like stick arm with mixers, but would have to give it some thought.

The headless and RTH controls should work on channels 9 and 10 (when your weather improves :) ). There's one other bit that seems to set in all the captures - are there any other controls on the stock tx?

Originally, you have to wait 10s to disarm in idle and yes motors are always run when armed (same RPM vs stock transmitter I checked)

For the other bit ... I don't have any idea yet ... Maybe is to switch to rate mode :) It would be fantastic :)
Last edit: 18 Jan 2016 22:11 by SeByDocKy.

More
19 Jan 2016 08:11 - 19 Jan 2016 08:11 #41939 by SeByDocKy
First indoors take off :)

controls sound really good :) Clap Clap one more time to HexFet ;)
Last edit: 19 Jan 2016 08:11 by SeByDocKy.

More
19 Jan 2016 14:54 #41946 by SeByDocKy
Small demo flight

More
19 Jan 2016 16:13 #41949 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic JJRC X1 capture
Nice :)
Good work hexfet, as usual.

More
20 Jan 2016 07:13 #41965 by hexfet
Thanks gents :) hopefully they'll keep using slight mods to protocols we've already implemented!

More
21 Jan 2016 02:33 #42006 by C0ckpitvue 777
Replied by C0ckpitvue 777 on topic JJRC X1 capture
First of all thank you for your effort and hardwork in getting this protocol for the Jjrc x1.I was wondering if you can send me the zip file,I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks again.

More
21 Jan 2016 02:48 #42007 by hexfet
This test build includes the JJRC X1 protocol. Please let us know how it works for you.

More
21 Jan 2016 15:44 #42036 by crash7X
Replied by crash7X on topic JJRC X1 capture
I seem to have the new HonTai/JJRC X1 protocol flashed correctly. It took me a while to notice that booting for file system (ENT button) and booting for programming (EXT button) are different. The test build ZIP linked above has only the DFU and debug.zip - I assume all the other files are just the original 4.0.1 files...

Which means I have no *.ini for the X1. I have tried modeling before, let's just say it isn't yet my strong suit.

There's a major storm coming and otherwise months until I get this beast outdoors, but I would like to spin it up with the Deviation just to wet my appetite. Is there a basic [or better] model for the X1 linked somewhere?

BTW I must say I am impressed with the X1 and CANNOT WAIT for flying time!

--
crash7X

More
21 Jan 2016 17:30 #42042 by C0ckpitvue 777
Thank you very much Hexfet,your hard work is well appreciated.Also Goebish,Seby and Victzh.I haven't tried it yet because my comp is down,only thing I have access to is my iPad mini.Off topic is there any protocol on deviation that binds to the Sj x300-2?

More
23 Jan 2016 09:42 #42108 by slo_rider
Replied by slo_rider on topic JJRC X1 capture
Thanks! Took me a minute to figure out I had to press ENT on the Hontai protocol to select JJRCX1 format.
Is there any way for the calibration to work with both sticks bottom right?

More
09 Feb 2016 05:37 #42825 by C0ckpitvue 777
I tried to click on the hontai file nothing happened.Can you please tell me how to get it working and what I need to download.Thanks in advance.

More
09 Feb 2016 09:14 #42830 by vasiliy_gr
Replied by vasiliy_gr on topic JJRC X1 capture
I tried yesterday latest nightly - nothing with X1 support found... Strange, it seems to me that X1's Hontai variant incorporation was anounced in nightly by bugtracker. So I had to use protocol_combo. And this succeeded at last.

Several words on testing. Not very much - as I received X1 yesterday and very low on free time from then and up to several next days.

It works. Binding ok. Basic controls - ok. Rudder seemes to be meditative a bit. It likes only smooth turns. :) But it is not deviation related issue. On the other hand yaw is not fast in general (separately from beeing meditative in changing). May be there are some ways to improve it by deviation means? I mean some dyn-trims technics or so.

Other channels. Arming and calibration - great and simple, I like it. Headless - strange but it works. :) RTH - not tested yet. Are there anything else that I missed but may/should work?

Anyway, X1 together with devo - is a very good quad for home training during winter indoors. :) It is simplier in control than typical ZMR250 with 1806.

More
21 Feb 2016 08:02 #43399 by jimw1956
Replied by jimw1956 on topic JJRC X1 capture

hexfet wrote: This test build includes the JJRC X1 protocol. Please let us know how it works for you.

This link is not working...however I downloaded the protocol_combo test build and flashed it. When I go to the Hontai protocol however there is no option for JJRC X1. When I press enter on protocol, nothing happens. Is the JJRC X1 option still supposed to be there?

More
21 Feb 2016 08:04 #43400 by jimw1956
Replied by jimw1956 on topic JJRC X1 capture

C0ckpitvue 777 wrote: I tried to click on the hontai file nothing happened.Can you please tell me how to get it working and what I need to download.Thanks in advance.

Same here. Help Please!

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds