JJRC X1 capture

More
20 Mar 2016 19:19 #44879 by Nsthiesfeld
Replied by Nsthiesfeld on topic JJRC X1 capture
All the links take me to a blank page, can someone please put up a new link to the build. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2016 20:39 #44885 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic JJRC X1 capture
X1 support should be in regular nightly builds already.

More
20 Mar 2016 20:40 #44886 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic JJRC X1 capture

victzh wrote: X1 support should be in regular nightly builds already.

In a Banyang protocol suboption ...

More
24 Mar 2016 22:03 - 24 Mar 2016 22:06 #45123 by naude
Replied by naude on topic JJRC X1 capture
Channel 9 Headless
channel 10 RTH

possible to add these lines in a file model.ini
What way could you add one its modes in a model having its channel

File Attachment:

File Name: model2.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Mar 2016 22:06 by naude.

More
26 Mar 2016 12:55 #45216 by crash7X
Replied by crash7X on topic JJRC X1 capture
I have flown my X1! I collected model.ini files that I have found for the X1 here and elsewhere and I can report that they are, with minor differences, equivalent.

I flew using the stock transmitter first. Well, first and last as it turns out. I flew the X1 for a total of 3:18 in two runs.

The first run, at the lowest rates, went fairly well. I noticed some drifting but mostly blamed the wind. At low rates I kept the craft close. It felt heavy and just adequate for power. I find the larger quads to require a bit more planning and patience. Mostly I fly real toys, the JJRC 1000A being a favorite!

I landed the X1 a bit roughly as I am not accustomed to needing to shut motors down at 0 percent throttle, so it danced a bit and flopped over.

I've landed many quads way harder, this was nothing I was worried about in the least. No prop damages.

I upped the rate to medium and took off again. This felt a little better and I started to rock and roll just a wee bit. Still it is a big vehicle and needs thinking and attention. I began looking into the yaw rates.

I crashed again. But crash is too strong a word. Let's just call it a quite bad unplanned landing. It seemed to lock the motors again. Or something else caused me to power down transmitter and quad for a reboot.

Imagine my dismay when I find that now unlocking and arming the motors results NOT in a nice anticipatory idle but rather in the random energizing and de-energizing of all four motors between (it seems) 0 and 60-70 percent wide open.

Needless to say, this results in some scary and amusing behaviour at the take off spot.

I tried several times every way I could think of, and even used my Devo "UTX" (universal transmitter). The result always the same - wild motor actions, nothing like idling waiting for take off, and no evident consistent response to stick input.

I have not yet gotten my money's worth out of this... toy. I'll have to think of where to start when I try to fix it. It would be hard to believe that I've croaked the IMU stuff, but it feels like an uncontrolled control loop.

I'll have fun taking it apart to see if I can anything. If anyone has an idea of where to start, I am all ears!

I think the most exciting future for _my_ X1 will involve the retrofitting of an alternate flight controller and receiver. This has been described in these threads and seems like a plausible repurposing of the less critical hardware (frame, ESCs and motors) in the X1.

Thank you all in both these forums! I have posted this at deviationtx and rcgroups. I knew of neither area a few years ago and would be almost nowhere without all your good work and help.

--
rob

More
27 Mar 2016 13:58 #45266 by crash7X
My face is red...
Short version: Calibrate your X1.

How: Hold both sticks to the lower right hand max position.

-->This seems to be effective right after power up - mode 1, locked and not armed.

I think the sequence should be added to the preflight checklist.

Longer version:

I got in and out of the X1 without incident. Trickiest: getting all the wires tucked in just so before closing. There are a few more screw sizes than strictly necessary, so be careful.

I was not impressed by the work on the circuit boards, but there were no problems to fix.

I ran it a bit when it was opened up. Obvious (now): The X1 won't finish initializing until the flight control board is level.

I was seeing the bad motor behaviour (props off!) and waggling the sticks around in some hope of accomplishing anything. At some point I happened to apply the calibration stick input, and the X1 settled down. Normal idling!

I was not even trying to calibrate. I will admit to seeing something about calibration in these threads but it went in one ear and out the other. Of course I should have tried that first. In the manual there is a picture of stick calibration (again, both sticks lower right) but no text. The Chinese title no doubt says "CALIBRATION - IMPORTANT!".

But I blame myself not the manual because it seems to be common knowledge or just something I should have tried... I try to calibrate the toy quads but am quite unruffled by quads with no user-available calibration. Also some calibrate automatically when they have the opportunity. And I've flown uncalibrated (or uncalibratable) crafts that misbehaved - nothing so radical as the X1. But

One should always have the calibration voodoo handy and use it liberally.

Now that I search for it, it does turn up and I did see it and forgot to remember. The X1 was fine out of the box, but something in my flying/crashing/powering up and down knocked it off. That is my theory and I am ready to fly again. Weather permitting as they say.

--
crash7X

More
11 Jun 2016 15:18 #50402 by Florin
Replied by Florin on topic JJRC X1 capture
Hello. I don't know if I have writing correct here but i'm at end of ideas. :unsure:
I have trying to connect the receiver to jjrc x1 another FC (naze32). I made some identifications (see photos). At first I thought it was a type receiver xn297 because sn32f705 controller is used like ht-801 drone. I tried FW cleanflight for nRF24 with linked channels 5,6,7,8. There exist a tutorial on the net for this.
Can someone tells me if jjrc x1 receiver can connect to Naze32 or it's usless to search? :dry:
Thank you.
Attachments:

More
11 Jun 2016 19:34 #50414 by Florin
The drone has a channel for start the video cam. It has a analog out. 0 = 0V and 1 = 3.3v. Photo 1 => 0 for 1 second and Video 1 => 0 for 2 seconds. We can use that channel for arming Naze?

More
12 Jun 2016 19:13 #50484 by Florin
I solved. Thanks for everything. :lol:

More
14 Jul 2016 02:28 #51626 by C0ckpitvue 777
Replied by C0ckpitvue 777 on topic JJRC X1 capture
Good evening everyone,does anyone know the arming a disarming sequence for the jjrc x1 for the devo 10?Any feedback is greatly appreciated,thank you in advance.

More
14 Jul 2016 12:18 #51635 by crash7X
Arming and disarming is on the FMODE switch. This is the model I have tried. I did not write it. It is [probably] identical to others you will have found. I do not have the chops for modifying!
Attachments:

More
14 Jul 2016 22:38 #51665 by C0ckpitvue 777
Thanks crash,but I tried this with the devo 10 and does not work,I have this already working with the 7E,I was looking for the model ini and arming/dis sequence for the devo 10.

More
15 Jul 2016 13:12 #51712 by crash7X
Can't explain the fail! I use a Devo 10. The model I attached flies my JJRC X1 just fine, with arming and disarming accomplished with the FMODE switch.

Binding is a bit unpredictable. Power up the craft, place it level. You'll hear the initial tones from the motors. Power up the Devo 10 and perhaps flip FMODE around and you will get the rest of the start up tones. Now FMODE should arm/disarm you. Don't disarm in the air - the X1 will cheerfully obey and drop like a stone...

I flew it this very morning. I don't much like the X1 but it certainly functions with Devo 10 and my model. I saw "my" but it is just what I found when I went looking. There were a few variants with no substantial differences.

Perhaps you should carefully try my model again or look at it and then compare it with the one you are trying and see where they differ. It appears arming/disarming uses Channel 5 as a logic level.

Note: the calibration sequence does not trigger with this model! The X1 seems to forget its calibration from time to time. So I keep the stock TX handy and use it just to power up and calibrate.

More
17 Jul 2016 03:02 #51778 by C0ckpitvue 777
Crash x,thanks a lot.I appreciate your feedback it has been very helpful and you were correct..There was a loose wire on my fmod switch.Went inside the 10 and fixed it,it binds and flys like a gem.Btw,the antenna on the x1 needs to be on the outside of the quad it flies like a navigating hawk now.

More
25 Jul 2016 16:40 #52144 by EVERNIN
Replied by EVERNIN on topic JJRC X1 capture
would this .ini file work on a Devo8s ?? Thank you in advance.

More
27 Jul 2016 01:59 #52197 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic JJRC X1 capture
Other than the GUI, the switches and settings in this file should work exactly the same as the 10. This model file uses only the FMODE and trim switches (along with the sticks, of course) that are common to all Devos.

That said, I haven't tried this on a model yet so I suggest trying it first with the blades removed.

Happy flying!

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
28 Jul 2016 04:37 #52228 by EVERNIN
Replied by EVERNIN on topic JJRC X1 capture
DO NOT BIND WITH F MODE ON DEVO8?????

More
03 Jun 2017 21:54 #62814 by colin911
Replied by colin911 on topic JJRC X1 capture
Not sure if this is possible...

I dug out my JJRC X1 the other day and set it up with my Devo 7e with a 4in1 module. It binds and flies well with the devo. One thing that really bugs me with the X1 is that the motors are always running when armed. Arming with the model ini I have is done with the FMOD switch (CH5).

I was thinking... is there a way to make the minimum throttle stick position equal the unarmed status of CH5? Then once the throttle (CH3) leaves the minimum position, the CH5 status changes to arm the motors? Like make the throttle act as a switch for CH5 as well instead of FMOD0? I've tried messing around with things but no luck.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds