JJRC X1 capture

More
21 Feb 2016 09:18 #43403 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic JJRC X1 capture
It's true, no more X1 protocol in the combo build ....

It would be great to add also the Yi Zhan I6S goebish last hacking

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2016 13:58 #43407 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic JJRC X1 capture
The X1 support has already been merged to default, but something was wrong with the pull request and I didn't notice when I merged. Somehow no changes were made to the repo by the merge. Won't be difficult to fix, but won't have time till this evening.

More
21 Feb 2016 14:09 #43408 by jimw1956
Replied by jimw1956 on topic JJRC X1 capture
I'm very new to deviation, so I don't know what some of that means Hex lol. Do you mean I need to reflash using a corrected test build when you put it up or will it be a nightly?
Please let me know when it is available for download. Will I still need to enter the hontai protocol and select.the X1 as outlined in previous posts? Thanks for your help so much.

More
21 Feb 2016 17:31 #43423 by crash7X
Replied by crash7X on topic JJRC X1 capture
I again ask here for help with a model.ini for the X1 to go with the improvements to the deviation software.

I would be happy with something that works. Without, I am unable to proceed. In the absence of a basic or even better model.ini, I might be able to hack something - I have worked a few model.inis successfully.

But I would still need to know which channels are in control of which features beyond what might I am guessing are standard assignments of the four basic channels.

I have searched in vain for any such information. I'll admit to being stupid but not lazy - some info is obvious, but imagine trying to find which wire, red or black, means positive and which motors spin CCW or CW! Not everyone just "knows" these things.

I'm pretty sure red is positive and black negative, and those motors spin clockwise when viewed from the top, and white is positive on the white/black motors, which go counter clockwise. :-)

Thanks for any help!

More
21 Feb 2016 18:16 #43425 by jimw1956
I have an ini that I got from somewhere on here, but am waiting on the quad to come in, so I don't know how well it works. On my cell phone now, I can t r y and get it to you in a bit when I get home.

More
21 Feb 2016 23:46 #43435 by hexfet
I straightened things out. The JJRC X1 support will be in the next nightly build, and I also updated the protocol_combo test build.

The test build is not a full install and expects the nightly build filesystem, so install the nightly first if you haven't already.

More
22 Feb 2016 00:49 #43438 by C0ckpitvue 777
Replied by C0ckpitvue 777 on topic JJRC X1 capture
Thanks Hexfet,another great job.

More
22 Feb 2016 00:52 #43439 by C0ckpitvue 777
Replied by C0ckpitvue 777 on topic JJRC X1 capture
Sorry for the late response,I just got in from work,I hope you got it squared away.

More
22 Feb 2016 03:09 #43444 by crash7X
Thank you jim1956!

Please post it here, but also, if you found it in these forums or another website tell me where!

More
22 Feb 2016 03:55 - 22 Feb 2016 03:59 #43446 by slo_rider
Replied by slo_rider on topic JJRC X1 capture
I made a video and a brief write up. See the youtube description for more details.

And here is my model.ini
pastebin.com/Ck8e6D2B
Last edit: 22 Feb 2016 03:59 by slo_rider.

More
23 Feb 2016 00:47 - 23 Feb 2016 00:48 #43481 by jimw1956
Here you go Crash7X

I would give credit for this to whoever posted it first, but I don't know who it was. I have not tested this so be careful.
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Feb 2016 00:48 by jimw1956.

More
23 Feb 2016 00:50 #43482 by jimw1956

hexfet wrote: I straightened things out. The JJRC X1 support will be in the next nightly build, and I also updated the protocol_combo test build.

The test build is not a full install and expects the nightly build filesystem, so install the nightly first if you haven't already.

Hex, when you say it is merged does this mean I don't have to select the JJRX X1 by pressing Enter on the Hontai protocol?

I ask this because I just installed the nightly from last night and still get no X1 option on the Hontai protocol button.

Sorry, but I'm a newbie to deviation.

More
23 Feb 2016 01:14 #43483 by hexfet
Merging is combining the software code on one branch with that on another. I like to be specific so other devs know what the changes are.

I just verified the X1 option is in the 4fc5268 nightly build. Not sure what might be wrong. Do you see a format option after pressing ENT? Then R to change to JJRCX1. Does repeating a full install (dfu and filesystem) work?

More
23 Feb 2016 01:30 #43484 by jimw1956
No, I'm not seeing that option. Installed the nightly, then the file system then copied my models folder over. I'll try again.

More
23 Feb 2016 01:50 #43485 by jimw1956
Tried it again, still no X1 option available...can anybody help...I don't really want to be stuck on that stock transmitter. I just don't understand what is wrong, protocol options on other protocols (Syma, CX10 are there when I press enter. I even re-formatted the 7e and started with fresh model ini's...no luck. Can someone possibly test this on their 7e?

More
23 Feb 2016 03:02 #43487 by crash7X
Thanks and a tip of the hat. The weather will dictate when I crash next!

More
23 Feb 2016 03:20 #43488 by jimw1956
Mystery solved...and I feel really dumb. In all of the installing and copying the file system I had forgotten one thing...to modify the hardware.ini file and enable the module!

Sorry for any confusion I might have caused. Everything is back to normal now and the JJRC X1 option is there on the Hontai protocol.

Thanks again Hexfet.

More
02 Mar 2016 19:35 #43987 by Nsthiesfeld
Replied by Nsthiesfeld on topic JJRC X1 capture
Forgive me if this is pretty elementary, just getting into this stuff. I have a X1 and was interested in the Devo 7e, if I have the Devo would I need to install the NRF24L01 module, or is there a protocol now you can use the Devo without the NRF23L01 module in it?

More
02 Mar 2016 20:54 #43993 by slo_rider
Replied by slo_rider on topic JJRC X1 capture
You still have to mod the 7e and install the nRF24L01 module.

More
13 Mar 2016 06:36 #44493 by 3D Ambitions
Replied by 3D Ambitions on topic JJRC X1 capture
Hello all and thanks for all you hard work to help the community.
I have a Devo 8s with the nrf module installed tempted to purchase the X1 what else do I have to do to get this quad binded? Thanks for the help!

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds