Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z

More
29 May 2019 06:03 - 10 Jun 2019 06:39 #74423 by RAY123
PROPEL Star Wars 74-z speeder bike





RF IC: bk2425 tssop-16
Please help find this protocol,thanks!
Capture files:
www.mediafire.com/download/rat5dudf6k2aae1
Capture files2 :
www.mediafire.com/download/62jdhxaox58lbdq
Capture files3 :
www.mediafire.com/download/1i12b74ea1qb6dr
Last edit: 10 Jun 2019 06:39 by RAY123.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2019 12:25 #74425 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z
This chip is compatible with nRF24L01. Have you tried the existing nRF protocols and format options?

The attached file has the SPI data from the capture. Currently I don't have time to work on an implementation. Maybe in a couple weeks if no one else picks it up.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2019 13:45 - 29 May 2019 14:32 #74426 by RAY123
Replied by RAY123 on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z

hexfet wrote: This chip is compatible with nRF24L01. Have you tried the existing nRF protocols and format options?

The attached file has the SPI data from the capture. Currently I don't have time to work on an implementation. Maybe in a couple weeks if no one else picks it up.

I tried the existing nRF protocols and format options, but it no match.
Last edit: 29 May 2019 14:32 by RAY123.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2019 17:06 #74427 by Alf-1234
Replied by Alf-1234 on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z
Da ich auch den Speederbike 74-z hier stehen habe, interessiert mich das auch sehr. Ich habe alle Protokolle einschl. Unterprotokolle durch getestet, aber leider habe ich es nicht geschafft, den Speederbike zu binden.


Since I also have the Speederbike 74-z here, I am also very interested.
I have tested all protocols including sub-protocols, but unfortunately I have not been able to tie the Speederbike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2019 15:30 - 03 Jun 2019 15:31 #74450 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z
I had a bit of time to spend on this over the weekend. The first hurdle is to determine how the packet checksum is calculated. Without that it will be impossible to implement the protocol.

The first byte of the checksum is just the sum of all the packet data bytes.
The second byte is likely just a transformation of that sum. It appears the second nibble of the second byte is just the second nibble of the first byte xor'd with 0x0A, though maybe other equations would work.
Anyone that can solve this puzzle will move the work forward :)

From the data in the table below:
S1 = sum(data bytes)
S2 = (S2a << 4) + ((S1 ^ 0x0A) & 0x0F)
S2a = unknown (most likely only depends on the value of S1)

|           Data bytes             |S1|S2|
D0 73 D3 31 30 00 00 00 00 03 00 05 7F F5
C0 2F 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 05 F1 5B
C0 2F 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 ED A7
C0 2F 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 04 80 01 F1 5B
C0 2F 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 ED A7
C0 2F 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 00 01 6D 27
C0 2F 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 ED A7
C0 31 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 EF 45
C0 34 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 F2 48
C0 37 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 F5 5F
C0 3B 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 F9 53
C0 40 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 FE 44
C0 47 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 05 4F
C0 4C 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 0A 70
C0 53 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 11 7B
C0 59 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 17 1D
C0 61 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 1F 15
C0 6C 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 2A 10
C0 74 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 32 08
C0 7F 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 3D 17
C0 82 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 40 1A
C0 8B 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 49 03
C0 95 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 53 D9
C0 A0 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 5E 24
C0 A9 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 67 CD
C0 B4 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 72 C8
C0 C0 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 7E C4
C0 CB 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 89 C3
C0 CF 7F 7F 7F 40 40 40 40 00 80 01 8D C7
Last edit: 03 Jun 2019 15:31 by hexfet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2019 00:34 - 07 Jun 2019 00:34 #74469 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z
I've got most of this capture decoded. Details in the attached spreadsheet. Still have to crack the checkbyte algorithm though.

Have made some progress on the checkbyte but really need some more capture data. Not all the possible values appear in the one capture which is leaving some uncertainty. Please make another capture of about the same duration, but only need to be moving the sticks to all possible positions. It will be best to move both sticks around randomly at a medium pace. Hopefully this will generate enough unique packets to capture all possible checksum values.
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Jun 2019 00:34 by hexfet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2019 01:19 #74470 by RAY123
Replied by RAY123 on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z

hexfet wrote: I've got most of this capture decoded. Details in the attached spreadsheet. Still have to crack the checkbyte algorithm though.

Have made some progress on the checkbyte but really need some more capture data. Not all the possible values appear in the one capture which is leaving some uncertainty. Please make another capture of about the same duration, but only need to be moving the sticks to all possible positions. It will be best to move both sticks around randomly at a medium pace. Hopefully this will generate enough unique packets to capture all possible checksum values.

Ok, but I am in other cities these days, and I will do this after June 10th. Thank you for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2019 06:38 - 10 Jun 2019 15:26 #74489 by RAY123
Replied by RAY123 on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z
Capture files3:
www.mediafire.com/download/1i12b74ea1qb6dr

There may be something wrong with this file. Try it. If it doesn't work, I'm going to do it again. :P :P :P :P
Last edit: 10 Jun 2019 15:26 by RAY123.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2019 15:49 #74491 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z
The link is not working. MediaFire says it's likely the file doesn't exist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2019 03:25 - 11 Jun 2019 03:26 #74496 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z
Please try the test build (5e34ea5) here . No guarantees but it might work :)

Here are the channel assignments. For special functions set channel > 0 to activate.
CHANNEL1, // Aileron
CHANNEL2, // Elevator
CHANNEL3, // Throttle
CHANNEL4, // Rudder
CHANNEL5, // Leds
CHANNEL6, // Roll ccw
CHANNEL7, // Roll cw
CHANNEL8, // Altitude hold
CHANNEL9, // Calibrate

The speed is always set to high. Use mixer rates to slow things down.

There is some data that comes back from the quad, but the values are always the same. Probably has to do with the combat modes since the manual doesn't mention low battery warning or anything else that sounds like telemetry.
Last edit: 11 Jun 2019 03:26 by hexfet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2019 05:00 - 12 Jun 2019 03:42 #74497 by RAY123
Replied by RAY123 on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z
Capture files 3new:

www.mediafire.com/download/7aomm3bnrblvljt

Don't forget to download this B)
Last edit: 12 Jun 2019 03:42 by RAY123.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2019 05:22 #74500 by RAY123
Replied by RAY123 on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z

hexfet wrote: Please try the test build (5e34ea5) here . No guarantees but it might work :)

Here are the channel assignments. For special functions set channel > 0 to activate.
CHANNEL1, // Aileron
CHANNEL2, // Elevator
CHANNEL3, // Throttle
CHANNEL4, // Rudder
CHANNEL5, // Leds
CHANNEL6, // Roll ccw
CHANNEL7, // Roll cw
CHANNEL8, // Altitude hold
CHANNEL9, // Calibrate

The speed is always set to high. Use mixer rates to slow things down.

There is some data that comes back from the quad, but the values are always the same. Probably has to do with the combat modes since the manual doesn't mention low battery warning or anything else that sounds like telemetry.

test build (5e34ea5) it not work:( :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2019 21:03 - 12 Jun 2019 01:04 #74511 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z
Thanks for testing. There was one simple change that might help - please try the updated test build (3e2cbd0). If there's no reaction from the aircraft I'll need to inspect the code and captures again.
Last edit: 12 Jun 2019 01:04 by hexfet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2019 03:36 - 12 Jun 2019 03:38 #74513 by RAY123
Replied by RAY123 on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z

hexfet wrote: Thanks for testing. There was one simple change that might help - please try the updated test build (3e2cbd0). If there's no reaction from the aircraft I'll need to inspect the code and captures again.

where is test build 3e2cbd0 Link?:P :P :P
Last edit: 12 Jun 2019 03:38 by RAY123.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2019 03:45 - 12 Jun 2019 03:47 #74514 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z
It's under Downloads -> Test builds on the left.
Last edit: 12 Jun 2019 03:47 by hexfet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2019 06:17 #74515 by RAY123
Replied by RAY123 on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z

hexfet wrote: It's under Downloads -> Test builds on the left.

3e2cbd0 it not work:lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2019 11:29 #74516 by RAY123
Replied by RAY123 on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z
Capture files 3 lost D3 ´╝îplease pass.

Capture files4:
www.mediafire.com/download/9m3mcroa81o4qs1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2019 11:39 #74517 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z
If the Propel protocol doesn't work at all I would expect the screen would just show the "Binding ..." message until ENT is pressed. Is that what is happening?

Thanks for the capture. I'll be able to look at it in the next couple days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2019 22:09 #74523 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z
Test build ( 6888afe ) is updated. The bind sequence in the second capture is a little different, so it may require several experiments to figure out what's significant and what's not.

Please try the Propel protocol. Post what happens on the tx screen and any response by the aircraft (leds, etc).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2019 02:23 - 13 Jun 2019 02:25 #74524 by RAY123
Replied by RAY123 on topic Logic Analyzer SPI Capture for PROPEL 74-z

hexfet wrote: Test build ( 6888afe ) is updated. The bind sequence in the second capture is a little different, so it may require several experiments to figure out what's significant and what's not.

Please try the Propel protocol. Post what happens on the tx screen and any response by the aircraft (leds, etc).


688afe Doesn't work
6888afe Test video:
www.mediafire.com/download/7ubanxo91277bkw
:P :P :P
Last edit: 13 Jun 2019 02:25 by RAY123.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum