Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: bootloader)

• FDR
04 Apr 2017 16:12
Replied by FDR on topic devo 12e wont power on

devo 12e wont power on

Category: Feedback & Questions

Now that you can flash a working bootloader, if I were you I would give it a try to upgrade the 12e dfu.
But there is a chance that it won't work having a devo10 bootloader, but it shouldn't affect the bootloader, so you will probably only need to put back the devo 10 fw.
  • nathaniel52441
04 Apr 2017 14:48 - 04 Apr 2017 14:53
Replied by nathaniel52441 on topic devo 12e wont power on

devo 12e wont power on

Note that I also had to flash the Devo 10 deviation firmware, when I tried to flash the 12e it wouldn't let me in the deviation tool and in the walkera tool it bricked the radio so I had to flash the bootloader again.

(Edit)
I saw under the dfu tab on the deviation tool it would let me send the 12e dfu but I didn't want to brick it once again so I just stuck to the 10 dfu. If you think that sending the dfu over the deviation tool will work then I'll try that. I just didn't want to mess with it anymore last night
  • FDR
04 Apr 2017 04:01

devo 12e wont power on

I'm glad it's working.
The bootloader has nothing t do with the pots, you probably just need to calibrate them...
  • nathaniel52441
04 Apr 2017 01:33

devo 12e wont power on

Flashed the Devo 10 bootloader and it works now, I effectively have a Devo 10 now because the 2 extra pots don't work but I guess it's better than having a dead remote.
  • nathaniel52441
03 Apr 2017 20:17

devo 12e wont power on

The only reason I went the bootloader way is because I saw power to the board from the switch
  • FDR
03 Apr 2017 20:16

devo 12e wont power on

No.
Honestly it wasn't wise to install a different bootloader into it, but I think the problem rather is the power circuit, then the bootloader.
There is a diagram floating over the forums, which should help to identify the problem if you have a multimeter to check some voltages.
Sometimes it is simply the power button, which is the weakest link...
  • FDR
03 Apr 2017 20:05

devo 12e wont power on

Rather try the DEVO 10 bootloader.
That's the most similar to the 12E...
  • nathaniel52441
03 Apr 2017 20:02

devo 12e wont power on

I tried flashing the bootloader but it didn't fix it, the flash worked but still nothing from the screen and no response on the USB port. I suspect it's because it's the Devo 12 bootloader not the 12e bootloader but that's all they had on the deviation bootloader page, any idea where I can find the Devo 12e bootloader? I tried searching google but didn't find anything, any help would be greatly appreciated
  • nathaniel52441
02 Apr 2017 17:31
Replied by nathaniel52441 on topic Re-flashing Devo 7e bootloader?

Re-flashing Devo 7e bootloader?

Category: General Discussions

I don't know if this thread is dead or not but I just did this process on the 12e and it writes successfully but still nothing happens when I turn it on nothing happens still. Is there something I'm missing in this process? The one thing I did notice is there's not 12e bootloader just the f12e and 12, I've tried both to no avail
  • TinuZ
26 Mar 2017 18:26
Replied by TinuZ on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade

Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade

Category: Tutorials

I have one lifted pad on the board (pin 2) from earlier attempts (received stm32's from china with bent pins), so I went back to the factory installed MCU, TX ran fine without that pin though.

Finally the new ones arrived so I replaced the MCU (third attempt), flashed the bootloader successfully, uploaded Deviation. So far so good...
I did notice that it started immediately in the 'Program update' screen ever since I flashed the bootloader. But it starts always in update mode.

I guess it is one of the pins that has a loose connection, any idea which pin(s) I would have to focus on?
  • robocog
11 Mar 2017 19:14
Replied by robocog on topic Wishlist for a custom Transmitter board

Wishlist for a custom Transmitter board

Category: Development

Just wired the flash to a separate board - as you have...reflashed bootloader (std 7e)
Wired as per my last post
(left WP and Hold floating on the spi flash)
Reflashed deviation 7e std nightly...still no usb with ent held in on powerup :(

Regards
Rob
  • mwm
11 Mar 2017 02:13
Replied by mwm on topic Wishlist for a custom Transmitter board

robocog wrote: Noticed the internal flash start address is 0x08003000 under deviation uploader
Under the STM flash utility I used with the CP2102 it was 0x080000000

The bootloader loads at the start of flash - 0x080000000 - and the Tx firmware loads above that, rounded to 0x3000 on these chips. So this is what you'd expect.
  • robocog
10 Mar 2017 23:08 - 11 Mar 2017 01:39

LOL...so they are!

Not taken a soldering iron to either board till just now (just swapped flash on the RBT board)
What do I need to do on the pin1 of the spi flash on the RCT board?

I have just flashed the std 7e bootloader on the RBT board using the cp2102 serial!
I flashed the latest nightly for std 7e using DfuSe
I have swapped the SPI flash on the RBT board for a sst25vf016b

It's just a straight swap of components making sure the dot is aligned with the board marking's dot yes?

Pressing Ext gets me into DFU mode
holding ent however does not get me a a removable usb device - just an unknown device with blank vid/pid
Re-flashing deviation does not change this behavior

This is the same for both boards :/

Is there any way of checking the flash memory via the flash tool? (or maybe another tool)
I can get into DFU mode from USB and I can use serial

Do I need to re flash the bootloader after swapping the flash memory on the RBT board?

Regards
Rob
  • robocog
10 Mar 2017 19:27 - 10 Mar 2017 20:24

Just flashing the zip now with the Java uploader....

My RBT board does not have serial (unlike the RCT) - so using a CP2102 to get the bootloader on is no go - does yours have one?

I have an STlinkV2 clone on its way - hopefully tomorrow and I can try and flash the RBT board with bootloader and try again flashing

Have emailed the seller of the RCT board and they replied - and said they have some info on the board (hoping to clear up where key1 and key2 goes to etc...
Unfortunately the attachment got stripped by eBay and it was playing up trying to let me give them my email address to send it to
I did manage to send an image with my email address on- so fingers crossed they will send me something of use rather than just an image of the board I have in front of me

Will edit this after it has done flashing......fingers crossed...

Edited to add using the Java uploader (complete zip file) it says complete - and has assigned it a com port and it seems no matter what I do - including erasing and re-flashing the bootloader again via the CP2102 can't get it out of DFU mode - regardless of button matrix
- like your own experience - walkera DFU now refuses to work with it as it can't see it- tried all the drivers on zdiag :/
Noticed the internal flash start address is 0x08003000 under deviation uploader
Under the STM flash utility I used with the CP2102 it was 0x080000000

and under the deviation uploader @SPI Flash:Library - it is blank

Edited /again/ - removed the comport assigned (66) dfu driver from device mangler - and gained back the std STM DFU driver - and have connected back using DfuSe and reflashed the provided deviation zip file a few posts above

I am at least back to being able to select DFU mode by using the button matrix at power on - and get unknown USB device if EXT is not held in on boot
(ENT does nothing as far as PC seeing a USB drive)

This behavior is the same as my std 7e - DFU mode by holding EXT on powerup does not assign a com port

- sorry I missed your earlier question ref what am I going to do about the power switch...its something I have asked on here on how to implement
The closest to a diagram I have found is www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...power-switch-circuit

Till I have a working board with a file system and screen and stuff happening fairly predictably I am not worrying about it just yet
I have no doubt there will be a few getchas from not looking too deeply into this

Regards
Rob
  • 2hry
10 Mar 2017 18:41
Replied by 2hry on topic Wishlist for a custom Transmitter board

@robocog
I have the same boards, but no display.
rbt6 board: removed i2c-flash, soldered sst25vf016 to the right pins.
rct6 board: removed spi-flash, soldered sst 25vf016 to the right Pins (onboard flash ce is not connected to boot1)
Bootloader flashed with flashloader Demonstrator.

I was not able to flash the dfu with the Walkera Dfu Tool, after driver change (wouldn´t recognize it).
But with deviation uploader I could flash the 2 boards with zip files. In Deviation uploader I can see the filesystem.

The rbt board works in USB mode, the rct board does not.

Maybe its the connection of boot0 and boot1 (different resistors)

Whats your plan for the power switch?
  • robocog
09 Mar 2017 17:04

It appears the 7e 256 ultimate Deviation Bootloader has gone on and is happy and the flash of deviation for 7e ultimate has worked

When I power the board with B8 and C9 shorted (button matrix for EXT) it goes into DFU mode !

However when shorting C7 B6 (ENT) it does not pick up as a USB drive - windows is showing unknown device
(could be the Winbond flash is incompatible?- or drivers?)

I could really do with a screen to be hooked up to it so I can "see" what is going on

The board has an OLED or TFT plug
pins are labelled left to right
NC A0 RST CS SCL SDI GND 3V

Still trying to find if there is a schematic or any info out there for the board
STM32F103RC
STM_32Mini V2 1503

Beyond this
wiki.stm32duino.com/index.php?title=File...6-07-02_12.24.49.jpg

I have not found much out about it
Will keep searching

Regards
Rob
  • robocog
08 Mar 2017 23:04 - 08 Mar 2017 23:37

STM32F103rct6 board arrived
flash is a winbond 25Q16dvsig

All looks very neat

Have flashed the 256 7e bootloader, got the DFU prompt on USB insertion, and have installed the driver

Going to flash it, although there is nothing plugged in at all, just a bare board.

Journey has not been easy so far...but uphill I go

Regards
Rob
  • Fernandez
01 Mar 2017 10:07
Replied by Fernandez on topic Wishlist for a custom Transmitter board

In my u7e I installed the 512k flash version of the CPU. However the current U7E bootloader only address 256k of it leave have of it unused, it will function and perform fine all the same as RCT6 256k. (see also the U7E topic)
  • vlad_vy
25 Feb 2017 05:43 - 25 Feb 2017 05:56
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Ultimate Devo F12E (devof12e-4MB) builds

Ultimate Devo F12E (devof12e-XMS) builds

Category: Builds

I don't think that problem related to DeviationUpload-0.8.0 java-tool. I my case I havn't reboot with "Model menu --> Model setup --> Icon", but the icon image is not displayed. If I select "heli.pbm" then icon image disappeared from main screen. So for the moment we can't use any icon except "Default".

Until now I can't fix problem with load icon image.

Do not use "ST Demo" software, you can erase Tx bootloader. I use Dfuse USB Upgrade Tools v2.31 with my old Windows XP:
walkera-fans.de/download/tools/dfuse/Dfu...e%20Tools%202.31.zip
  • mwm
15 Feb 2017 22:25
Replied by mwm on topic Wishlist for a custom Transmitter board

Gimbals, switches, RF board(s), SD card, trainer serial port, LCD display, etc.

I don't think you need to flash a Devo bootloader. All it does is let you update the firmware via USB. The discovery boards have ST/LINK built into them to do that, so you don't need a bootloader at all. If you want to use Walkera's firmware or a standard deviation distribution, you'd need it. Maybe. Getting an image that can be flashed with the ST/LINK is at most a one-character change in the software; it may even be produced as part of the build process (I'd have to check).

If you want to use a discovery board, you probably want custom firmware anyway - they come with hardware you might want to use but probably not what's in the Devo, or necessarily wired up the same way.

If you really just want a 7E clone, you don't want a discovery board. Better to get something like a Maple mini for about US $6. None of that extra hardware and has the same µ-cu as the 7e.
Displaying 121 - 140 out of 542 results.
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds