Frsky compatibility

More
30 Aug 2014 06:51 #25425 by Ceasar
Replied by Ceasar on topic Frsky compatibility
Amazing!! have been using Devo10 with cc2500 and D4R-II[CCPM] successfully without any issues for around 6 flights now (Mini-H FPV 250 Quad).

I have telemetry incoming and working as much as is currently implemented I believe.
I have voltage A[rx] but what's B is that the RSSI as it can be shown as voltage in some threads ?
It's around 1.7v see attachment.
I'm using an older nightly build [devo10-v4.0.1-f5f04d4]

Also I have external telemetry send by my FC[naze32] to the D4R digital port, but I understand telemetry part is still under development, so no GPS position is displayed.

Thanks for all work by devs on deviationtx, to me frsky is fully usable so far.
Thanks again..
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2014 07:56 - 30 Aug 2014 08:05 #25427 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Frsky compatibility

Ceasar wrote: Amazing!! have been using Devo10 with cc2500 and D4R-II[CCPM] successfully without any issues for around 6 flights now (Mini-H FPV 250 Quad).

I have telemetry incoming and working as much as is currently implemented I believe.
I have voltage A[rx] but what's B is that the RSSI as it can be shown as voltage in some threads ?
It's around 1.7v see attachment.
I'm using an older nightly build [devo10-v4.0.1-f5f04d4]

Also I have external telemetry send by my FC[naze32] to the D4R digital port, but I understand telemetry part is still under development, so no GPS position is displayed.

Thanks for all work by devs on deviationtx, to me frsky is fully usable so far.
Thanks again..

Well ... I though also that the B field was the RSSI but it's seems to be not. When you look the temetry part of the FrSky code, you can see these two fields are filled from raw telemetry data and for me as I understand the code, the RSSI is not (yet) retrieved and displayed from received packets.

Concerning the Telemetry port, for me, informations are sended also coz I am planning to install a minimOSD ....with a naze32.

But I confirm that FrSky protocol (1way & 2 ways) is actually close to be perfectly supported. I hope to see full support of telemetry (at least to add the RSSI) and this new FrSky long range protocol variation ....

EDIT : maybe by uncomment the line

//Telemetry.p.frsky.rssi = pkt[5];
Last edit: 30 Aug 2014 08:05 by SeByDocKy.

More
30 Aug 2014 08:34 #25428 by Ceasar

SeByDocKy wrote: Well ... I though also that the B field was the RSSI but it's seems to be not. When you look the temetry part of the FrSky code, you can see these two fields are filled from raw telemetry data and for me as I understand the code, the RSSI is not (yet) retrieved and displayed from received packets.

Concerning the Telemetry port, for me, informations are sended also coz I am planning to install a minimOSD ....with a naze32.

But I confirm that FrSky protocol (1way & 2 ways) is actually close to be perfectly supported. I hope to see full support of telemetry (at least to add the RSSI) and this new FrSky long range protocol variation ....

EDIT : maybe by uncomment the line

//Telemetry.p.frsky.rssi = pkt[5];

Ok thanks for the info !!
Maybe OT ;-) but I use RSSI connected directly to OSD Skylark tiny III port, and rouing back GPS data from SkylarkOSD to naze32 so it is also becomes GPS aware.
I don't use a DVR to record FPV video yet so it would be great to have the last sent GPS position in my Devo10 for easier lost quad retreval..
But I could probably save weight using a minimOSD instead.

More
30 Aug 2014 13:25 #25429 by Ceasar
Don't know what I did but frsky GPS Latitude/Longitude telemetry are working..

My fault seems naze32 isn't sending telemetry if not in armed mode :oops: , so actually GPS coordinates are beeing send fine from naze32 to D4R-II digital port and displayed on GPS telemtry tab in devo10.
Perfect..
Attachments:

More
30 Aug 2014 16:15 #25431 by SeByDocKy

Ceasar wrote: Don't know what I did but frsky GPS Latitude/Longitude telemetry are working..

My fault seems naze32 isn't sending telemetry if not in armed mode :oops: , so actually GPS coordinates are beeing send fine from naze32 to D4R-II digital port and displayed on GPS telemtry tab in devo10.
Perfect..

Yes it's good ... but the battery voltage is not :( ... I just make a test ...
Well in fact, I should check if I was armed ...

More
30 Aug 2014 16:38 #25432 by SeByDocKy

Ceasar wrote: Don't know what I did but frsky GPS Latitude/Longitude telemetry are working..

Perfect..

IS the battery voltage also displayed correctly ?

More
30 Aug 2014 19:36 #25434 by Ceasar

SeByDocKy wrote:

No sadly not, battery voltage is not beeing displayed only A, B and GPS.

More
30 Aug 2014 20:51 #25435 by SeByDocKy

Ceasar wrote:

SeByDocKy wrote:

No sadly not, battery voltage is not beeing displayed only A, B and GPS.

The battery voltage should be either A or B .... if I am understanding the code.

More
30 Aug 2014 21:23 #25436 by SeByDocKy
I found this page
stefan.gofferje.net/arduino/arduino-frsky

It seems there are 2 RSSI, one uplink and downlink ...

PB are you aware of this ?

More
02 Sep 2014 06:41 #25460 by Birdman
Replied by Birdman on topic Frsky compatibility
Will the vario be supported?

tia

Bm

• ovres
  • definitely in control ;)
More
04 Sep 2014 08:10 #25490 by ovres
Replied by ovres on topic Frsky compatibility
Hi i want to start using FrSkyI on my DEVO 10 I am looking for a powerful module.
To use for fpv quad flying. I have found the module link below, is there someone who has experience
with powerful modules ? Or someone that can judge whether the module in the link is useful ?

www.electrodragon.com/product/long-dista...reless-module-palna/

www.electrodragon.com/w/CC2500L_%E2%80%9...less_Module_PA%2BLNA

More
04 Sep 2014 09:44 #25491 by SeByDocKy
I don't know for this module but seems to be the classic one...

I saw this one also ... announced to output +23dBm

www.banggood.com/CC2500-PCBA-2_4GHz-Wire...Module-p-922598.html

More
04 Sep 2014 14:11 - 04 Sep 2014 14:38 #25500 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic Frsky compatibility
I have that module from banggood, i have a question about that module. The antenna obviously must be soldered on the left upper corner. But were goes what. i guess the center wire goes on the small piece in the middle and the ground on the 2 bigger pieces on either side. So the antenna "exits" on the left. Is that correct?

Thank you.

Tom

Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Sep 2014 14:38 by TomPeer.

More
04 Sep 2014 14:38 #25501 by SeByDocKy

TomPeer wrote: I have that module from banggood, i have a question about that module. The antenna obviously must be soldered on the left upper corner. But were goes what. i guess the center wire goes on the small piece in the middle and the ground on the 2 bigger pieces on either side. So the antenna "exits" on the left. Is that correct?

Thank you.

Tom

Correct ...

• ovres
  • definitely in control ;)
More
More
18 Sep 2014 16:28 #25723 by SeByDocKy
As far I understood, the displayed voltage corresponds to A1 and A2 respectively. Both are analogic. A1 is the voltage on BEC so this is why we are reading 5V and A2 in one of input pin in dataport for a D4R-II for example. A2 input should be within [0 - 3.3V]. So if you plan to plug your lipo, you must use voltage divisor to be in [0 - 3.3V]....
RSSI are in fact 2 values for the uplink and downlink respectively so we need 2 empty field to display them.
Finally, if you have a compatible FC such as acro naze32 for example, it should be also possible to read the main battery voltage but from the UART.
Actually, only GPS informations are displayed if I am not wrong ?

More
19 Sep 2014 06:35 #25726 by Ceasar
Hi
Yes that's my understanding also.
I did get the following input on Devo10 telemetry screen with
A(5v),B(1.7-1.9v),GPS(lon+lat) and occational L (even if these numbers are highly irregular and doesn't fit the box).

Also I think the naze32 is emulating the FAS100 voltage sensor so the naze32 batt voltage port should be sent correctly.
I'm not a devloper but I have read throu the telemetry code in deviation, and RSSI seems to be prepared but not activated as you said.
For FAS100 sensor input packets I'm lost.

My setup is the following
D4R-II+NAZE32 where digital telemetry is connected to softserial RC input pin 6.
Have used this guide..
www.netraam.eu/nazewiki/pmwiki.php?n=Howto.FrskyTelemetry

More
19 Sep 2014 12:46 #25728 by Chispas
Replied by Chispas on topic Frsky compatibility
I recommend using github.com/hydra/cleanflight rssi can activate the naze32 analog CH2

More
19 Sep 2014 15:21 #25729 by SeByDocKy

Chispas wrote: I recommend using github.com/hydra/cleanflight rssi can activate the naze32 analog CH2

For which goal ?

More
19 Sep 2014 15:25 #25730 by SeByDocKy

Ceasar wrote: Hi
Yes that's my understanding also.
I did get the following input on Devo10 telemetry screen with
A(5v),B(1.7-1.9v),GPS(lon+lat) and occational L (even if these numbers are highly irregular and doesn't fit the box).

Also I think the naze32 is emulating the FAS100 voltage sensor so the naze32 batt voltage port should be sent correctly.
I'm not a devloper but I have read throu the telemetry code in deviation, and RSSI seems to be prepared but not activated as you said.
For FAS100 sensor input packets I'm lost.

My setup is the following
D4R-II+NAZE32 where digital telemetry is connected to softserial RC input pin 6.
Have used this guide..
www.netraam.eu/nazewiki/pmwiki.php?n=Howto.FrskyTelemetry

Do you have also an OSD and/or GPS ?. Do you think it's possible also to plug the TX pins of the FrSky to output RSSI for the OSD such as minimOSD ?... Well actually, I can display RSSI by plugging analog converted CH2... But I am wondering if this information is not also send via the TX pins of the D4R-II for ex...

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds