Frsky compatibility

More
23 Nov 2014 22:10 #26542 by AntonBit
Replied by AntonBit on topic Frsky compatibility
Guys,
Can you please post your version with telemetry working?

I'm using latest nightly version ( www.deviationtx.com/repository/Deviation...-v4.0.1-92e1705.zip/ ) with devo7E and frsky receiver D4R-II but don't get any telemetry numbers at all (all values 0).

BTW I've tried this version with dsmx receiver and no telemetry (such as RSSI) as well, so it might be general telemetry issue of that version or something related to 7E in particular.

Both DSMX and D4R-II receivers work fine but as mentioned no telemetry (RSII and analog power values - both 0)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2014 05:22 #26564 by Alexfmx
Replied by Alexfmx on topic Frsky compatibility
Can anyone confirm that they have a working cc2500 module in a devo 8s and working with frsky receiver?.

Best regards Alex

More
25 Nov 2014 06:21 #26567 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Frsky compatibility

AntonBit wrote: Guys,
Can you please post your version with telemetry working?

I'm using latest nightly version ( www.deviationtx.com/repository/Deviation...-v4.0.1-92e1705.zip/ ) with devo7E and frsky receiver D4R-II but don't get any telemetry numbers at all (all values 0).

BTW I've tried this version with dsmx receiver and no telemetry (such as RSSI) as well, so it might be general telemetry issue of that version or something related to 7E in particular.

Both DSMX and D4R-II receivers work fine but as mentioned no telemetry (RSII and analog power values - both 0)

Hi..... to monitor the voltage, you need to design you own cable including a voltage divisor to range voltage whitin [0-3.3V]. For the RSSI, I did a first try scaling linearly the RSSI values. See my last videos in this thread

More
25 Nov 2014 07:20 #26568 by AntonBit
Hi SeByDocky, I saw your vidios. This is indeed nice job. THanks for your comments. As for the voltage devider it is clear to me. the issue is that I'm getting all values 0. I just realized that this issue is related to my particular setup. I use 7E transmitter (I love his compactness) with the latest nightly build (mentioned above). Right after bind procedure I get the telemetry values (5v on A and 1.7-2.1v on B) but once I turn off the transmitter and turn it on again the values become 0 static. I'm quite sure this is SW version related issue. I also get 0 values in case of using DSMx transmitters.

Anyway, SeByDOcky, have you pushed your changes to the nighty build? Is there some way to get it? I liked your devider ratio feature as well as RSSI percentage representation, so I wanted to test it with 7E and see if I start getting the telemetry values.

More
25 Nov 2014 12:46 #26569 by SeByDocKy

AntonBit wrote: Hi SeByDocky, I saw your vidios. This is indeed nice job. THanks for your comments. As for the voltage devider it is clear to me. the issue is that I'm getting all values 0. I just realized that this issue is related to my particular setup. I use 7E transmitter (I love his compactness) with the latest nightly build (mentioned above). Right after bind procedure I get the telemetry values (5v on A and 1.7-2.1v on B) but once I turn off the transmitter and turn it on again the values become 0 static. I'm quite sure this is SW version related issue. I also get 0 values in case of using DSMx transmitters.

Anyway, SeByDOcky, have you pushed your changes to the nighty build? Is there some way to get it? I liked your devider ratio feature as well as RSSI percentage representation, so I wanted to test it with 7E and see if I start getting the telemetry values.

Try with this version .... Hope it will work at least for the RSSI

File Attachment:

File Name: deviation-...beta.zip
File Size:565 KB
Attachments:

More
26 Nov 2014 18:26 #26587 by AntonBit
thanks a lot for your version. Tried it with my setup. I see the % but unfortunately it has the same problem - the values can be seen only one time right after I bind the receiver. Once I've turned off/on - the connection works but all values of telemetry are 0s and color is inverted (like no connection in terms of telemetry)

I will investigate it more in depth and post the problem in repository.
I don't think it is related to frsky in particular since I get the same behavior with DSMx receiver as well.

More
04 Dec 2014 02:23 #26754 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Frsky compatibility
Hi SebyDocky,

Got a CC2500 on my multimodule (thanks for everyone's help with that). a FrSky Rx (D4R-II), and I bought a FrSky FBVS-01. From watching your video, it's an adjustable voltage divider - you solder your battery leads to different pads to get the right divider for various battery sizes.

I'm using the hexfet repository, and I get a voltage reading on the telemetry page, but no way to adjust the gain in the module setup. If I multiply the value by 6.2 because I'm using the 5S divider pad, I get close to the right value. I also don't get the RSSI values.

Unfortunately, the Devo7E build you posted won't work on my Devo10 or Devo6S. Any chance of you providing either a patch file for the FrSky telemetry or a bitbucket repository with your code? I can build from those. If you'd like, I can also create a pull request for PBR's repository for this code.

Thanks,
Mike

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
04 Dec 2014 07:21 #26757 by SeByDocKy

mwm wrote: Hi SebyDocky,

Got a CC2500 on my multimodule (thanks for everyone's help with that). a FrSky Rx (D4R-II), and I bought a FrSky FBVS-01. From watching your video, it's an adjustable voltage divider - you solder your battery leads to different pads to get the right divider for various battery sizes.

I'm using the hexfet repository, and I get a voltage reading on the telemetry page, but no way to adjust the gain in the module setup. If I multiply the value by 6.2 because I'm using the 5S divider pad, I get close to the right value. I also don't get the RSSI values.

Unfortunately, the Devo7E build you posted won't work on my Devo10 or Devo6S. Any chance of you providing either a patch file for the FrSky telemetry or a bitbucket repository with your code? I can build from those. If you'd like, I can also create a pull request for PBR's repository for this code.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

I should do a repo.... here please find the devo10 version (it's also including my tiny modification of the V2x2 protocol to include the 250K data rate for the bradwii project)

File Attachment:

File Name: deviation-...beta.zip
File Size:282 KB
Attachments:

More
05 Dec 2014 09:09 #26783 by mwm
Hi SebyDocky,

Thanks for posting that, but it didn't work. While I did get RSSI values, the voltage reading was 0. Adjusting the gain didn't seem to help. Does it need a reload of some kind if you change the gain adjustment? I did change back to the old firmware and verified I was seeing the same values.

Also, it doesn't have the Safety value fixes I'm running, which I suspect means it also doesn't have the DSM telemetry fixes I'm running, but I didn't check that.

Finally, are you planning on adding AD1GAIN adjustment? Some of the newer Rx's allow that to be hooked up to an external source.

More
05 Dec 2014 14:29 #26784 by SeByDocKy

mwm wrote: Hi SebyDocky,

Thanks for posting that, but it didn't work. While I did get RSSI values, the voltage reading was 0. Adjusting the gain didn't seem to help. Does it need a reload of some kind if you change the gain adjustment? I did change back to the old firmware and verified I was seeing the same values.

Also, it doesn't have the Safety value fixes I'm running, which I suspect means it also doesn't have the DSM telemetry fixes I'm running, but I didn't check that.

Finally, are you planning on adding AD1GAIN adjustment? Some of the newer Rx's allow that to be hooked up to an external source.

What is your input voltage (before the diviser) ? 3S.... in this case you have select (12.4/3.3)*10 = 38

More
05 Dec 2014 19:25 #26786 by mwm
I'm using a 3S battery charged at 3.8V per cell (it came out of storage). I tried setting the gain to 38, but it still read zero.

Since I'm using an FBVS-01 in 4s mode as a voltage divider, I should actually be using 60 as the gain, which would make the value of 1.9 that I get in my build be 11.4 volts, which is correct.

More
05 Dec 2014 20:37 #26787 by SeByDocKy

mwm wrote: I'm using a 3S battery charged at 3.8V per cell (it came out of storage). I tried setting the gain to 38, but it still read zero.

Since I'm using an FBVS-01 in 4s mode as a voltage divider, I should actually be using 60 as the gain, which would make the value of 1.9 that I get in my build be 11.4 volts, which is correct.

Ok sorry it's my fault, I changed something in the code and the division is not correctly, I will update the corrected version

More
05 Dec 2014 21:09 #26788 by SeByDocKy
Ho here are some new version for Devo7E and Devo10. You have to write 38 in AD2gain then restart the radio

File Attachment:

File Name: deviation-...nown.zip
File Size:565 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: deviation-...nown.zip
File Size:282 KB
Attachments:

More
06 Dec 2014 05:09 #26797 by mwm
Thanks again SebyDocky.

That version works. However, it only loads the gain value when you load the model. Changing the gain value doesn't change the displayed voltage value. It really ought to update the value when it changes in the GUI as well. While I'm at it, setting the default value to something (pretty much anything) other than zero would be useful as well. I'd suggest 1.0, since that shows you the actual read voltage, which is a good start on figuring out what it should really be.

More
06 Dec 2014 07:16 #26801 by SeByDocKy

mwm wrote: Thanks again SebyDocky.

That version works. However, it only loads the gain value when you load the model. Changing the gain value doesn't change the displayed voltage value. It really ought to update the value when it changes in the GUI as well. While I'm at it, setting the default value to something (pretty much anything) other than zero would be useful as well. I'd suggest 1.0, since that shows you the actual read voltage, which is a good start on figuring out what it should really be.

Yes you are right.... I will set 1.0 by default. For the online AD2grain update, I should look more closely the actual PB code...
It can parse the values when:
if (state == FRSKY_DATA1) {
            unsigned len = CC2500_ReadReg(CC2500_3B_RXBYTES | CC2500_READ_BURST);
            if (len && len < sizeof(packet)) {
                CC2500_ReadData(packet, len);
                //CC2500_WriteReg(CC2500_0C_FSCTRL0, CC2500_ReadReg(CC2500_32_FREQEST));
                //parse telemetry packet here
                frsky2way_parse_telem(packet, len);
            }
so when FRSKY_DATA1 and len && len < sizeof(packet). These two conditions are probably meet only at model loading ....

More
06 Dec 2014 18:46 #26807 by NIcolas31417
Replied by NIcolas31417 on topic Frsky compatibility
hi everyone, could someone tell me if his module
www.banggood.com/fr/CC2500-PA-LNA-Romote...F24L01-p-922595.html
can be binded with this rx:
www.banggood.com/fr/Wholesale-FrSky-V8R7...eceiver-p-68587.html

thx a lot !

More
06 Dec 2014 22:42 - 06 Dec 2014 22:43 #26816 by SeByDocKy

NIcolas31417 wrote: hi everyone, could someone tell me if his module
www.banggood.com/fr/CC2500-PA-LNA-Romote...F24L01-p-922595.html
can be binded with this rx:
www.banggood.com/fr/Wholesale-FrSky-V8R7...eceiver-p-68587.html

thx a lot !

Yes it's working with this module

But take a D4R-II for few buck more. You have CPPM and telemetry ....
Last edit: 06 Dec 2014 22:43 by SeByDocKy.

More
07 Dec 2014 11:25 #26837 by NIcolas31417
isn't the d4r-II designed to support 4 channels only ?

More
07 Dec 2014 12:21 #26838 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Frsky compatibility
On pinheader four channels, with CPPM output eight channels.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
07 Dec 2014 23:11 #26843 by NIcolas31417
sorry for noobism, but what does it mean?

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds