Frsky compatibility

More
25 May 2015 23:49 #32987 by Jon.m.barter
Replied by Jon.m.barter on topic Frsky compatibility

mwm wrote: The point of trying 4.0.1 isn't to use it, it's to see if it may be a software issue with the nightly builds. If the problem doesn't happen on 4.0.1, then we can try and figure out what changed. if it does, then we can eliminate any changes since then as the source of the problem.

Thanks. I did as you recommended.

The issue only shows when I load a protocol such as hubsan or frsky and shut down the radio. when I turn it back on the battery voltage meter goes haywire back and forth. If i use walkera protocol, or devo protocol, etc, it does not act this way.

If I scroll the protocols the issue immediately goes away. It only happens when I turn on the radio on certain protocols related to a7105 or cc2500.

I tried with regular release as well as nightly build and the issue remains. I strongly suspect there is a bad connections somewhere although it seems odd that everything else works with zero issues.

Oh well, looks like I will get to it next weekend. Love this radio, hate having to open it again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2015 20:02 - 26 May 2015 20:40 #33028 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Frsky compatibility
I'm trying to get direct voltage telemetry from the D4R-IIs AD2 pin. When I hook up a 10:1 divider (10kohm on +, 1kohm on -) I get a reading of roughly 1.1v on a pack with 10.9 volts. However, the telemetry shows me 0.10v. Any way to adjust that, or does the divider have to have a specific value to work?
Edit: Just checked against another lipo, voltage is again 1/100th of the lipo voltage. 0.06v displayed, 6.9v actual.
Edit2: Using a much older nightly from august, the voltage shown is 0.6v, so only 1/10th of what it should be.
Last edit: 26 May 2015 20:40 by Arakon.

More
26 May 2015 21:03 #33032 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Frsky compatibility

Arakon wrote: I'm trying to get direct voltage telemetry from the D4R-IIs AD2 pin. When I hook up a 10:1 divider (10kohm on +, 1kohm on -) I get a reading of roughly 1.1v on a pack with 10.9 volts. However, the telemetry shows me 0.10v. Any way to adjust that, or does the divider have to have a specific value to work?
Edit: Just checked against another lipo, voltage is again 1/100th of the lipo voltage. 0.06v displayed, 6.9v actual.
Edit2: Using a much older nightly from august, the voltage shown is 0.6v, so only 1/10th of what it should be.

Did you play with the AD2gain option ? it must be set to the (inverse of the divisor)*10. For example, from a 3S, it should be around 36 (3.6*10)

More
26 May 2015 21:25 - 26 May 2015 21:32 #33034 by Arakon
Uh.. where do I find that option? I went through all the menus and couldn't find that.. I'm running e 7E.
In the frsky protocol menu I only see telemetry on/off, freq-fine and freq-course.
Last edit: 26 May 2015 21:32 by Arakon.

More
27 May 2015 13:16 #33048 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Frsky compatibility
I have a sneaking suspicion this option didn't make it into the nightly builds. IIUC, correctly, it should be in the Protocol Options that you get to by selecting the Protocol name on the Model setup page, and I don't see it there.

+SebyDocky, any chance you could show us a bit of code here, and I'll set it up for the nightly build? Or are you interested in contributing to them yourself now?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
27 May 2015 16:41 - 27 May 2015 16:44 #33060 by Arakon
According to one of the nightly commits some weeks back, it should be in there.. either the code is faulty or the commit was removed again for some reason.
Edit: Here: bitbucket.org/deviationtx/deviation/comm...fe7ac0b?at=telemetry
Last edit: 27 May 2015 16:44 by Arakon.

More
28 May 2015 03:39 #33095 by mwm
Merged in bcf42d683435, removed in 5ea9606bda2b. Not sure why. Maybe Indigo1 will comment, since he removed it.

I've just pushed test builds that add it back. I'll create a pull request if there aren't any problems with it.

More
28 May 2015 10:37 #33104 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Frsky compatibility

Arakon wrote: According to one of the nightly commits some weeks back, it should be in there.. either the code is faulty or the commit was removed again for some reason.
Edit: Here: bitbucket.org/deviationtx/deviation/comm...fe7ac0b?at=telemetry

yes should work like this ... I set AD2gain to 33 personally (from a 3S LiPo)

More
28 May 2015 12:03 #33108 by Robert1917
Replied by Robert1917 on topic Frsky compatibility
I am about to add a CC2500 to my Devo 8s.

I found two different wiring options in the documentation:

https://bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/wiki/ModuleList

Module
CC2500 Aliexpress 1=Power 6=Ground 3=SCK 2=MOSI 4=MISO 8=CSN and Connect 5->10 and 7->9 (*)

And in the module installation PDF is:
CC2500-PA 6=(GND) 1=(Vcc)&9(PA_EN)&10(LNA_EN) 8=(CSN) 3=(SCLK) 2=(SI) 4=(SO)

The difference is 3.3V - should 9&10 be connected to power or to 5 and 7?
I am sure it's an easy one for you experts - I don't want to fry my module ..

Thanks for your help!
Robert

More
28 May 2015 13:32 #33114 by mwm
Do what the wiki says. The PDF is dated.

More
28 May 2015 14:48 - 28 May 2015 14:49 #33122 by midelic
Replied by midelic on topic Frsky compatibility
The one from BG it works with DEVO default settings, no need any mod.
The one from Aliexpress need tweaked fine variable.
Usually I used fine= -41(the range is -127 to 128)
The recommendation from the list are not updated..The BG is the one useful directly with devo.ALso BG marketing said the same for devo multiprotocol replacement

mwm wrote:

midelic wrote: No these are the modules below.
Ali express module and BG one
They look the same but they are different.
www.aliexpress.com/item/CC2500-PA-LNA-wi...-2-4G/359941652.html
www.banggood.com/CC2500-PA-LNA-Romote-Wi...F24L01-p-922595.html

I believe the Aliexpress one have base channel frequency shifted(the famous offset),

The aliexpress one is the one recommended buy PB in the modules list.

The BangGood one is the one linked to in SebyDocky's tutorial video. I've tried playing with fine on mine, and managed to get the RSSI to be about 10 to 15% higher - whatever that means (Bueller?). It certainly didn't make any difference in the piss-poor range I was getting from FrSky.

If someone can tell me what that means, I'll verify that the same procedure works after I get a replacement. Of course, first I need to order a replacement. So the question is - which one should I order? The one recommended in PB's documentation that apparently needs FINE tweaked, or the one used by SebDocky to presumably do the FrSky RSSI work?

Last edit: 28 May 2015 14:49 by midelic.

More
28 May 2015 15:25 #33124 by mwm

midelic wrote: The one from Aliexpress need tweaked fine variable.

PBR said the one(s) he got from AliExpress worked fine for him. Could AliExpress have the same problem that Amazon does, where vendors are free to attach their product to a listing? This means that if two orders for "the same" item can get two very different things. Particularly troublesome when one vendor lists a part as "genuine", and a second vendor attaches to the listing selling an unlicensed clone. Or possibly this is just one vendor sourcing "identical" modules from different places.

In any case, adjusting the fine variable shouldn't take more than a few minutes. I'll post a tutorial after I get a CC2500 that works properly.

More
28 May 2015 18:26 #33139 by Arakon
I just installed the test build. AD2gain option is now there. I have to set it to 110 for the reading to match, but oddly, I also get an immediate connection with telemetry with this version, unlike the previous ones.

More
28 May 2015 18:30 #33140 by mwm

Arakon wrote: I just installed the test build. AD2gain option is now there. I have to set it to 110 for the reading to match, but oddly, I also get an immediate connection with telemetry with this version, unlike the previous ones.

Possibly there was another change between what you were running and those builds as well as this change. If you have the change number for the previous version, I can check that. In either case, you might note this on the issue you opened about it (that is yours, right?).

I'll create the pull request later today.

More
28 May 2015 20:52 #33147 by Arakon
Yeah, that's mine.
Previous version numbers I tried are also in that issue, if I recall right.. otherwise I'll have to see if I find the zip files in my junk pile.

More
28 May 2015 21:04 #33148 by mwm
I got it. Lots, and lots, and lots of changes other than just adding back AD2GAIN. UI fixes, changes in irq handling, main page setup, new transmitters, new protocols, etc. And much of it is merges from elsewhere.

I could try and chase down an exact reason, but it'd be a PITA.

More
29 May 2015 00:52 - 29 May 2015 00:53 #33155 by midelic
Replied by midelic on topic Frsky compatibility
That one was long time ago,Now aliexpress don'T provide anymore the same module as before,
John Barter above and 2 guys from my thread on RCG bought from aliexpress and module was not working,,,with default fine=0.
One guy bought another from BG and voila working with default value.
Imo there is a need for a tutorial on what to change, how to change for other modules with CC2500 with different makers or sellers.
Otherwise new guys will spend a lot of money and time around.

mwm wrote:

midelic wrote: The one from Aliexpress need tweaked fine variable.

PBR said the one(s) he got from AliExpress worked fine for him. Could AliExpress have the same problem that Amazon does, where vendors are free to attach their product to a listing? This means that if two orders for "the same" item can get two very different things. Particularly troublesome when one vendor lists a part as "genuine", and a second vendor attaches to the listing selling an unlicensed clone. Or possibly this is just one vendor sourcing "identical" modules from different places.

In any case, adjusting the fine variable shouldn't take more than a few minutes. I'll post a tutorial after I get a CC2500 that works properly.

Last edit: 29 May 2015 00:53 by midelic.

More
29 May 2015 05:41 #33166 by Robert1917
Replied by Robert1917 on topic Frsky compatibility
Thanks for the confirmation

Robert

More
03 Jun 2015 17:17 - 03 Jun 2015 17:56 #33397 by Xoneoo
Replied by Xoneoo on topic Frsky compatibility
Hello
at first I want say: Thank you to all of you that developed DeviationTX, this project is awesome!

to my Question:

I would use a FRSky receiver X4RSB with SBUS on the Devo 10.
I have seen that in the configuration are only 8 channels used, at maximum, Is it possible to expand the number of channels to 12 or more in the Frsky-Protocol? The X4RSB can handle up to 16 Channels via SBUS.
Thank You!
Last edit: 03 Jun 2015 17:56 by Xoneoo.

More
04 Jun 2015 21:22 #33435 by mwm
Since no one else has answered....

Enabling more than 8 channels is straightforward. Deviation already supports up to 12 for other protocols, so anything up to that is a fairly simple change.

However, I'd guess that the protocol developers have only looked at 8 channel radios. Since older hardware only supports up to 8 channels, there's a fair chance that the protocol changes once you go beyond 8 channels. So while I could create a test build that allowed up to 8 channels, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it didn't work when set to more than 8 channels. Such protocol extensions are effectively a new protocol, and have to be treated as such.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds