PB, request for code review and merge back(2)

More
24 Nov 2012 14:06 #3116 by suvsuv
I rewrote the whole view logic for devo10:
1) Let GUI_RefreshScreen() periodically handles refreshing of objects in a view. So the page scrolling up/down won't pile up GUI redraw events, hopefully the page crash in EXPO&DR could be fully resolved
2) Improve performance a lot for refreshing of objects in a view, by skipping objects which are not in the active viewpoint.

Above are critical updates for devo10, please review the codes and have them merged back to your repo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2012 17:24 #3122 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PB, request for code review and merge back(2)
I've merged everything but the timer change. the timer actually works as intended. it beeps when the timer runs out, not when it shows 0.
it is like a stopwatch.
between 0 and 1 second, it shows '0' but doesn't beep until the actual timer runs out (at which time it inverts and shows '-0:00'

We've had lots of discussion about this in the past, and general consensus was this was the proper behavior.

I'm writing the docs now, so I only expect to merge bugfixes between now and the release.

More
26 Nov 2012 02:30 #3201 by suvsuv
I found you add icon config in devo10 and I had my repo synced with it. I made the following minor changes as well:
1) In the fixed id editing, only save change when DONE is pressed
2) Allow long-press for all keys in the keyboard widget
3) Add saving tone and key-press tone in the sound.ini
4) Update lang.cn and lang.tw

BTW, when I read another thread in this forum, I want to ask you if we really need the semi-colon for all labels. In both devo8 and devo10, editable widgets can distinguish themselves from labels. Adding semi-colon for labels not only adds more different lang strings between devo8 and devo10, but also increase unnecessary size in translated lang files. If you agree, I will clear all this things from source files and langfiles

More
26 Nov 2012 02:47 #3203 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PB, request for code review and merge back(2)
I don't want to remove the colons in this release. You may be right that they aren't needed, but I'd need to go through every page and make sure there is sufficient space for that to be true. I want to release tomorrow, and this isn't that major of an issue. we can fix it after release.

At this point assume a string freeze until the release (until a showstopper comes up). Anything else

I'll take everything else. If you have any other changes you really want in the release you have ~12 hours to get them to me.

I also recommend taking a look at the Devo10 manual in the 'proofreading' thread and see if there is anything you'd like to see changed.

More
26 Nov 2012 03:08 #3204 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: I don't want to remove the colons in this release. You may be right that they aren't needed, but I'd need to go through every page and make sure there is sufficient space for that to be true. I want to release tomorrow, and this isn't that major of an issue. we can fix it after release.

I agree with you. No hurry before this release

More
26 Nov 2012 03:12 #3205 by PhracturedBlue
I've incorporated your changes. The save on exit from the keyboard was a bug so I fixed it in the devo8 as well, and kept the code merged.

More
28 Nov 2012 07:34 #3332 by suvsuv
I) In the model_page, allow user to turn on/off telemetry scanning
2) If the telemetry is off or not supported by the protocol, the telem monitor and config pages are not usable
3) Merge common methods in the Pages.c/h into the common folder

Attachments:

More
28 Nov 2012 14:04 #3347 by PhracturedBlue
Can you move the Telemetry configuration into the DEVO's custom page? See the wk2601 for an example.

More
28 Nov 2012 14:12 - 28 Nov 2012 14:47 #3349 by suvsuv
Ok, will do it
Last edit: 28 Nov 2012 14:47 by suvsuv.

More
28 Nov 2012 14:47 #3351 by suvsuv
Just check the way that wk2601 implements. It is good for GUI drawing, but it not good to save the protoopts into model ini files. Currently, you don't save the proto_opts array into the model files yet. If I save the array for devo protocol, that will be really hard to understand what the proto_opts stand for when reading a model file

More
28 Nov 2012 15:05 - 28 Nov 2012 15:05 #3353 by PhracturedBlue
yes, it will be harder to understand, but it is a worthwhile tradeoff in my opinion. The number of people looking at the model.ini file is quite small. we could probably write a comment in the file if necessary quite easily.
And saving is necessary for the 2601 stuff anyway.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2012 15:05 by PhracturedBlue.

More
28 Nov 2012 15:28 #3356 by PhracturedBlue
After further thought, I have an elegant solution to how to savethe options properties so they are meaningful.
You don't need to update the model config code to save the properties at the moment.

More
28 Nov 2012 15:56 #3360 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: After further thought, I have an elegant solution to how to savethe options properties so they are meaningful.
You don't need to update the model config code to save the properties at the moment.

I am modifying it and save the proto_opts in model files, you can continue to refactor it in you way after I check in the codes

More
28 Nov 2012 17:15 #3364 by suvsuv
Please review the codes

More
28 Nov 2012 21:03 #3375 by PhracturedBlue
I merged everything.
Note that I did not enable the telemetry page slowdown. That isn't because it isn't necessary, but I don't have my Tx in front of me, and I want to root cause the issue before I commit this specific fix.

More
29 Nov 2012 02:43 #3390 by suvsuv
You forget to merge the pages/h under the pages/128x64x1 folder

More
29 Nov 2012 03:20 #3393 by PhracturedBlue
Sorry, I've added those now too.

More
14 Dec 2012 16:36 #3996 by suvsuv
PB, I checked in some bug fixes and changes, please review them
1) _main_page.c: 1st DMA reading is much slower then main page initialization, so the battery value is incorrect at the beginning.
2)telemetry.c: When Minicp is poweroff, it still send some invalid telemetry voltage data and trigger telem alarm , which is annoying. I disable telem alarm if the telem packet is not received for a long time
3)_model_page.c: When fixed-id is cleared, the keyboard page shouldn't show PROTOCOL_CurrentID.
4) Introduce negative servo scale to support asymmetry scale setting.
5) Make PPM's Period Frame Width configurable

More
14 Dec 2012 16:39 #3997 by PhracturedBlue
1) This should have been fixed by d66713fda604. Do you actually need the change still?
3) This is done on purpose. It is the only way for a user to see the random ID that was used, and was specifically requested by the DSM2 folks I think.

More
14 Dec 2012 23:24 #4003 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: 1) This should have been fixed by d66713fda604. Do you actually need the change still?
3) This is done on purpose. It is the only way for a user to see the random ID that was used, and was specifically requested by the DSM2 folks I think.

d66713fda604 doesn't work in Devo10. Each time during reboot, devo10 shows incorrect voltage, e.g. 0.42v, untill 2-3 seconds later. So I would rather to hide the incorrect voltage display until it is ok.

3) If it is specificlly for dsm2, we should do it on for dsm2. In devo protocol, it doesn't make sense to ask user to delete the Protocol_ID first when switching from Non-fixedid to Fixed id

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds