PB, request for code review and merge back(2)

More
15 Dec 2012 00:33 #4004 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PB, request for code review and merge back(2)
On 3 why would they need to? it works exactly like the production firmware in that regards. you don't need to change the ID to bind. Unless they care about the ID, providing a random one (which is what they get) is good enough.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2012 06:10 - 15 Dec 2012 06:10 #4006 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic PB, request for code review and merge back(2)

suvsuv wrote: 3) If it is specificlly for dsm2, we should do it on for dsm2. In devo protocol, it doesn't make sense to ask user to delete the Protocol_ID first when switching from Non-fixedid to Fixed id

It's requested by Walkera users. With some models custom Fixed ID doesn't work, they can use only Protocol_ID as Fixed ID.
Last edit: 15 Dec 2012 06:10 by vlad_vy.

More
15 Dec 2012 16:27 #4016 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PB, request for code review and merge back(2)
I've merged everything that I think I'm going to for now.
Note that I changed the semantics of the negative servo-scale.

More
16 Dec 2012 06:29 #4026 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: I've merged everything that I think I'm going to for now.
Note that I changed the semantics of the negative servo-scale.

Update lang.cn and lang.tw accordingly, please have them merged to your repo

More
21 Dec 2012 14:06 #4158 by suvsuv
PB, since the V2.1 is released and not too much thing to do at this moment, please do a code review for the simplified GUI and decide whether you will merge it to your repo.
The codes are in bitbucket.org/sunvsuv/devil10 , and synced with your latest codes

More
22 Dec 2012 07:42 #4164 by PhracturedBlue
I do plan to incorporate it, but it will take a little time for me to go through the code and see if anything needs to be changed. I'll let you know what I find as I go.

Thanks!

More
27 Dec 2012 14:03 #4300 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: I do plan to incorporate it, but it will take a little time for me to go through the code and see if anything needs to be changed. I'll let you know what I find as I go.

Thanks!

Following the implementation in DSX9, I refactored MIXER_UpdateTrim() to generate different tones when trims are changed, please check them out

More
30 Dec 2012 19:03 #4373 by PhracturedBlue
I merged the traditional mixer code, and implemented a (very rough) set of menus for the Devo8.
Mostly I took things as is, though I renamed 'Traditional' to 'Simple' and reorganized the file directories a little.

It probably needs some more cleanup. I made some changes that may need to be reverted/tweaked, bu tit should mostly be ok.

I'll look at the trim beeper soon.

More
30 Dec 2012 19:15 - 30 Dec 2012 21:03 #4374 by RugWarrior
Replied by RugWarrior on topic PB, request for code review and merge back(2)
Hi. Can you please have a look at my pull request "#28: Updated german language and make file" if you have time. It is about the MinGW environment for native Windows users someone asked me to do. I already finished it but need to polish the documentation a bit and optimize the installer so I will probably post it tommorow. But the actual make file is a bit rough with the zip program used and the only one I could find for MinGW is not used to the --move command. And the second thing is the make clean... it was not really cleaning up files in my case. But now with the MinGW environment developing with any editor you like under Windows as you can directly edit the source code and build it straight away. MinGW starts in a second and is really fast. The installer will be <150MB so that might also be interesting. Cu soon B)
Last edit: 30 Dec 2012 21:03 by RugWarrior. Reason: Installer is even smaller

More
30 Dec 2012 20:53 - 30 Dec 2012 21:04 #4383 by RugWarrior
Replied by RugWarrior on topic PB, request for code review and merge back(2)
Hi again :)

Can you tell me what was wrong with the make clean up?

My problem with the "old" code was that it does not delete the "objs" folder for example and if I did "make devo6" and then "make clean" it did not clean devo6 stuff e.g. because devo8 is the default target.

My intention was to really clean up all files the "make" command did to keep the source code folder "clean" ;)

But maybe I am missong something?!
Last edit: 30 Dec 2012 21:04 by RugWarrior.

More
31 Dec 2012 05:21 - 31 Dec 2012 05:22 #4399 by PhracturedBlue
'make clean' should only undo what 'make' does.
So if you want to clean up devo6, you do:
make TARGET=devo6 clean

I need to work on a lot of different builds concurrently, and the compile time is actually a factor for me, so I am sensitive to this.

I would take a patch implementing:
make distclean
which would remove all build files for all platforms though.
Last edit: 31 Dec 2012 05:22 by PhracturedBlue.

More
31 Dec 2012 05:23 #4400 by PhracturedBlue
I believe I've merged everyone's code now. Please let me know if I missed anything or any issues you see.

I did not take all translations yet. I want to wait for the strings to stabilize before updates for the new 'simple' mixer

More
31 Dec 2012 07:10 - 31 Dec 2012 07:11 #4405 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: I believe I've merged everyone's code now. Please let me know if I missed anything or any issues you see.

I did not take all translations yet. I want to wait for the strings to stabilize before updates for the new 'simple' mixer

I have checked out all your update and have them updated into my repo. Everything looks great, but I have some minor changed
a) Naming the GUI to "Simple" is not good. Firstly, it will confused users with the Simple template, especially after translated into other languges. Secondly, the Simple GUI is not simple, as it can do almost everything except Program Mix(I will add support for prog mix sooner or later) and free mapping of channels. Last but not least, all commercial TXes, such as Futaba, JR and Walkera, adopt this style of GUI, which means it is Common instead of Simple. So I would suggest to rename it to ”Enhanced" and "Common", or any better names you could come up with.
b) The older model ini uses mixermode=1 , so I add backward compatibility support in the model.c
c) In the _mixer_limit.c and _throttle_hold.c, I change the range of safeval to (-120, +120). When I config my mini Vbar, I have to adjust TRVADJ to (-105, +105) in order to let the Vbar outputs from -100 to +100. As a result, setting safeval to -100 in the TX only makes the vbar's throttle ouput to -95
d) In the drexp_page.c and _drexp_page.c, allow "LIN" to be a i18n string
c) Update lang.cn and lang.tw
e) In the wk2x01.c, options for "COL Inv" should be "Normal" and "Inverted", instead of "On" and "Off"
Last edit: 31 Dec 2012 07:11 by suvsuv.

More
31 Dec 2012 07:52 #4407 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic PB, request for code review and merge back(2)
Naming the two GUIs - taking both your arguments we should perhapse not try to describe the 2 interfaces if eventully they can do almost the same. Suggestions from my side would be naming suvsuv's version Generic or Standard and Enhanced or Alternative for the original.

More
31 Dec 2012 11:19 #4414 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic PB, request for code review and merge back(2)
Maybe 'Standard' and 'Mixers'?

More
31 Dec 2012 12:39 - 31 Dec 2012 12:40 #4416 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic PB, request for code review and merge back(2)
Hi
I vote for : 'Standard' and 'Enhanced'
Have an happy new year!

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:
Last edit: 31 Dec 2012 12:40 by domcars0.

More
31 Dec 2012 13:06 #4420 by PhracturedBlue

suvsuv wrote: e) In the wk2x01.c, options for "COL Inv" should be "Normal" and "Inverted", instead of "On" and "Off"

I agree with you, but the problem is that with the way things are saved, this would break backwards compatibility. It is probably not a much-used option atthe moment, so perhaps it is fine to break it and just add it to the changelog, but we generally need to be very careful with strings in the proto-opts. I do't like breaking backward compatibility.

More
31 Dec 2012 13:09 #4422 by PhracturedBlue
'Standard' is fine. I'll leave 'Advanced' as is.

More
31 Dec 2012 13:27 #4424 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote:

suvsuv wrote: e) In the wk2x01.c, options for "COL Inv" should be "Normal" and "Inverted", instead of "On" and "Off"

I agree with you, but the problem is that with the way things are saved, this would break backwards compatibility. It is probably not a much-used option atthe moment, so perhaps it is fine to break it and just add it to the changelog, but we generally need to be very careful with strings in the proto-opts. I do't like breaking backward compatibility.

I didn't think of the model saving issue, I am fine with it as 2x01 stuffs should be used rarely.

More
31 Dec 2012 13:29 #4425 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: 'Standard' is fine. I'll leave 'Advanced' as is.

I like either Standard or Generic. So please just change the selection to Standard and Advanced.

Frankly speaking ,the “Simple” GUI is even more complex than the Advanced Mixer GUI from coding point of view :)

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds