Model File Utility (Updated)

More
22 Oct 2015 19:10 - 22 Oct 2015 19:11 #39138 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic Model File Utility for Android?

greenfly wrote: Who else would like to see an Android application for managing model files?

Count me in :P
Last edit: 22 Oct 2015 19:11 by Durete.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2015 17:23 #39145 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Model File Utility for Android?
I have a feature request...
I now have two identical 7E's (but use them to control different things). I can go threw and remember what time / date stamp backup file name is to which tx but if there was some automated way to have it label them that would be awesome.

Again not really complaining, I can use it to backup / maintain / restore the two different transmitters but if there was an easier way to label which backup came from which that would be awesome, I've already restored the wrong backup to the wrong tx several times (why I started noting the date stamps).

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
23 Oct 2015 18:25 #39147 by greenfly
Replied by greenfly on topic Requested Feature
In order to differentiate the two identical devos I would have to be able to identify which transmitter was which. Do you have any suggestions on what I could check?

Otherwise, one suggestion is to use two shortcuts with different config files... with different setting for [BackupPath]. Then create two shortcuts to the ModelFileManager.exe file, passing the config filename as a parameter. For instance...

planes.config
    <add key="BackupPath" value="C:\\Backups\\Devo\\Planes" />
    <add key="ConfigName" value="Planes TX" />

boats.config
    <add key="BackupPath" value="C:\\Backups\\Devo\\Boats" />
    <add key="ConfigName" value="Boats TX" />

You just have to run the right shortcut for the transmitter you are going to work with.

Attachments:

More
26 Oct 2015 17:06 #39214 by robbe
Replied by robbe on topic Model File Utility for Android?

greenfly wrote:
Who else would like to see an Android application for managing model files?

I would love it to have an Android version :)

More
27 Oct 2015 05:18 #39230 by Richard96816
Replied by Richard96816 on topic Model File Utility (Updated)
An Android version seems like the perfect thing. Plenty of space for a whole bunch of models and a nice interface on a tablet or phone. And possibly the solution to freeing up much needed space on the Devo 7e, too.

How much space would it save on the 7e if it only had to hold one model and one protocol at a time?

More
27 Oct 2015 06:36 - 27 Oct 2015 11:26 #39233 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic Model File Utility (Updated)
I would say ten is a little more realistic, I wouldn't want to plug the OTG cable every time I switch models.

Anyway, aren't the models stored into the SPI Flash: SST25VF016B 2MB on the 7E ?
How does having less models on the SPI chip relates to more room on the ST32 flash ?
Last edit: 27 Oct 2015 11:26 by blackmoon.

More
27 Oct 2015 16:42 #39252 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Model File Utility (Updated)

blackmoon wrote: I would say ten is a little more realistic, I wouldn't want to plug the OTG cable every time I switch models.

Anyway, aren't the models stored into the SPI Flash: SST25VF016B 2MB on the 7E ?
How does having less models on the SPI chip relates to more room on the ST32 flash ?

He's saving memory on the ST32flash by not having model config facilities in it.

And yes, since the models are in SPIFlash, there's no need to have to use the OTG connection to change models. You can leave in the load model code, but take out templates, moving models, etc.

Not sure how much of the rest of the configuration you can take out. Some things you really want to be able to change while the model is active!

Also not clear whether how this stacks up to replacing the boot loader to free up space.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
28 Oct 2015 01:19 #39276 by Richard96816
Replied by Richard96816 on topic Model File Utility (Updated)
I haven't looked at the code yet. So my guesses might be way off. I have two 7e's, and great admiration for Deviation and the wonderful things it lets me do. I don't like the flow of advances and new models slowing down.

It may sound odd/silly to consider gutting Deviation to run just one model (and protocol.) But the exercise might present some possibilities that haven't been explored yet. OTG might be replaced with Bluetooth. And the attached phone/tablet could hold a lot of different copies or plug-ins for Deviation. Hopefully freeing up space. If you can swap things out quickly enough you might not lose anything in the process.

I'm not the only one thinking about this. Just hadn't seen it mentioned recently ... (Maybe for good reason. :-)

More
23 Nov 2015 20:18 #40321 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic Model File Utility (Updated)
Hi,

i use your Model File Utility for al long time and it is almost great. Almost because of the following issue:
The "Rename" Function is a bit buggy. I guess your algorithm searches for the line "name" and exchanges the text found there, right?. I think this causes that every line in the .ini is searched for the string and it's gonna be exchanged. But if you use some virtual channels and gave them a different name, the line "name" appears in the virtual channel, too. In my case, every line called "name" was exchanged by the name I wrote in the "rename" field in the Utility.
I attach a model file here. The name of the Model is "Windy". Scroll down to the Virtual Channels - there you can see it.
Perhaps you could change the search algorithm and restrict it to the first line - or first few lines of the .ini. Assuming that your algorithm works as i supposed to.

Apart from that - great work!

Greetz
Domsen
Attachments:

More
14 Mar 2018 21:42 #68065 by guilleclos
Replied by guilleclos on topic Model File Utility (Updated)
I'm using for my tx irangex ir8m and it's beautiful...thanks

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds