tinyFISH FC - bind to 7E with CC2500

More
04 Nov 2017 07:32 #65485 by Newman
tinyFISH FC - bind to 7E with CC2500 was created by Newman
I just built myself a tinyFISH FC, successfully flashed BetaFlight and the uSky firmware. I was hoping to use my Devo 7E with the CC2500 module and one of the later nightly builds (v5.0.0-6255503) that I have already installed.

I got this version of Deviation and module working with the Frsky XM receiver recently (FrskyX / FCC setting) so I thought that the tinyFISH may work as well. So far I have had no luck binding and have tried Frysky, FrskyX and Frsky-V8 V8 protocols with no success. Being a home built FC I realise that it may well be a hardware problem but I thought that if I can just get some feedback on the Deviation suitability/ setup side of things, it may make diagnosing my problem a little easier. Can anyone offer me any help or advice in regard to using tinyFISH with a Devo7E as I have modded it please.

I see that brummel used Frsky protocol with his 4 in 1 module in a 7E

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2017 08:33 #65487 by ajtank
Replied by ajtank on topic tinyFISH FC - bind to 7E with CC2500
You probably need to consult fishpepper. This receiver works on d8 mode which is supported by frsky protocol. As your xm receiver (d16 mode) works properly on frskyx protocol, your devo transmitter is good. This implies something wrong on the receiver end.

More
04 Nov 2017 08:36 #65488 by Newman
Replied by Newman on topic tinyFISH FC - bind to 7E with CC2500
Thanks I just thought that it was worth a try here :)

More
04 Nov 2017 08:38 #65489 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic tinyFISH FC - bind to 7E with CC2500
Try Frsky protocol and try to bind with different Freq-Fine option values, with step 10.

More
04 Nov 2017 09:44 #65492 by Newman
Thanks I am just trying that now :)

More
04 Nov 2017 09:46 #65493 by Newman
Frsky or FrskyX?

FrskyX worked with my 8bit AlienWii boards and XM receiver?

There are so many different combinations to try:)

More
04 Nov 2017 10:00 #65494 by vlad_vy

The FC uses the Frsky D8 / Open Sky protocol and I am able to bind to the 7e with BG 4in1 Module even my stick inputs are noticed by BetaFlight. Protocol on TX used = Frsky

More
04 Nov 2017 10:59 #65495 by Newman
Thank you I will try Frsky and different Freq-Fine option values in steps of 10.

More
04 Nov 2017 13:25 #65498 by Newman

vlad_vy wrote:

The FC uses the Frsky D8 / Open Sky protocol and I am able to bind to the 7e with BG 4in1 Module even my stick inputs are noticed by BetaFlight. Protocol on TX used = Frsky

I greatly appreciate your suggestions vlad_vy, but what I cannot understand is that when I select the Frsky option, I do not have the FCC and EU options available as I do in FrskyX, which strikes me as strange. I thought that those two options are crucial seeing as there are two different versions of the firmware - one for Europe and another for the rest of the world.

Do you have those options available with your 4 in 1 module using Frsky protocol?

Having those two options available in Frsky is the only thing that enabled me to bind the XM receiver with an AlienWii 8bit board :)

More
04 Nov 2017 14:04 #65499 by vlad_vy
I think it's implemented for FrskyX only. You need ask hexfet, protocol developer.

More
04 Nov 2017 17:33 #65510 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic tinyFISH FC - bind to 7E with CC2500
I don't think there is an EU version of the D8 protocol. Don't see any EU firmware on Frsky's website for D4R or D8R.

More
04 Nov 2017 17:38 - 04 Nov 2017 17:42 #65511 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic tinyFISH FC - bind to 7E with CC2500
There is no EU version of D8 protocol...
Try D8 (Frsky without X) Freq Fine -40
this works most time for me, if it doesn`t bind straight ahead

What does the LED on RX Side say?
Last edit: 04 Nov 2017 17:42 by Wene001.

More
05 Nov 2017 00:03 #65524 by Newman
Thank you all for your replies and advice. Particularly Wene001 who as well as vlad_vy pointed me to the Frsky protocol (as opposed to FrskyX that worked with the XM receiver and AlienWii 8bit) and the -40 Freq fine setting.

It did not seem to work at first, but when I tried again later it was definitely bound. I still have to reverse and swap around some control channels but this has been a great start and should see me with a fully functioning tinyFISH FC using Deviation and Devo 7E.

Thanks again gents you are all The Best. Pedro :cheer:

More
05 Nov 2017 03:42 #65527 by ajtank
Replied by ajtank on topic tinyFISH FC - bind to 7E with CC2500

Newman wrote: Thank you all for your replies and advice. Particularly Wene001 who as well as vlad_vy pointed me to the Frsky protocol (as opposed to FrskyX that worked with the XM receiver and AlienWii 8bit) and the -40 Freq fine setting.

It did not seem to work at first, but when I tried again later it was definitely bound. I still have to reverse and swap around some control channels but this has been a great start and should see me with a fully functioning tinyFISH FC using Deviation and Devo 7E.

Thanks again gents you are all The Best. Pedro :cheer:

How did you get XM working with FrskyX? I need to adjust freq-fine for both Frsky and FrskyX receivers in order to bind. I thought you already knew about freq-fine since you got no problem with XM. Anyway congratulations to your DIY FC. It is a neat project. As a last note you can adjust freq-fine to get the upper and lower values when the receiver will not bind and use the middle value as the optimised value.

More
05 Nov 2017 06:11 - 05 Nov 2017 06:50 #65529 by Newman

ajtank wrote: How did you get XM working with FrskyX? I need to adjust freq-fine for both Frsky and FrskyX receivers in order to bind. I thought you already knew about freq-fine since you got no problem with XM. Anyway congratulations to your DIY FC. It is a neat project. As a last note you can adjust freq-fine to get the upper and lower values when the receiver will not bind and use the middle value as the optimised value.

Firstly thanks for congrats on the FC I will be glad when all the setup problems are over. This may help with using the XM with FrskyX but if I can help at all just ask :) Note that the FC that I did this with was an 8bit AlienWii derivative of mine and I had to remove the inverter chip from the XM and bridge two pads to allow for an uninverted signal to be produced. I think that this can be done in BetaFlight with the 32bit FC's.

I did not have to adjust Freq fine with that receiver whereas this CC2510 receiver and the CC2500 module in the Devo necessitated this adjustment. I assume that it is a function of which TX module is used possibly?

The problem that I am having now is that all channels are operating in the correct direction except Aileron. If I reverse it in the mixer it does not change direction in the BetaFlight GUI and also it changes the direction of the throttle even though I have not touched the throttle setting :sick: . I did have to also reverse the throttle channel but it did reverse the direction in the GUI.

So to summarise all channels are operating in the correct direction except Aileron. If I reverse it then that affects the throttle direction in the GUI.

What am I missing here please?
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Nov 2017 06:50 by Newman.

More
05 Nov 2017 10:03 #65538 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic tinyFISH FC - bind to 7E with CC2500
Do you have matching channel order?

More
05 Nov 2017 10:13 - 05 Nov 2017 10:15 #65540 by Newman
Wene001 I was wondering about that actually :)

Do you mean how these do not match? I couldn't find out how to change, presumably the left column order?

Sorry I am very weak on setting up TX's
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Nov 2017 10:15 by Newman.

More
05 Nov 2017 10:36 #65541 by vlad_vy
Your flight controller has TAER channels order, you need change it to AETR.

More
05 Nov 2017 10:39 #65542 by Newman
Thanks but I have no idea how to do that and I cannot find out how to do it sorry.

More
05 Nov 2017 10:45 - 05 Nov 2017 10:51 #65543 by vlad_vy
Betaflight -> Receiver -> Channel Map = AETR1234 (Frsky/Futaba/Hitec)-> Save
Last edit: 05 Nov 2017 10:51 by vlad_vy.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds