Devo 12s 3in1 / 4in1 RF module neat installation.

More
15 Dec 2016 09:54 #56833 by corlija
Replied by corlija on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

aMax wrote:

povlhp wrote: Did mine a few days ago. Worked right away with my E010. Have yet to test other receivers. But I do have DSMX, and plenty of FlySky to test on

Are there any serious results for range and reliability of the 4in1 module, especially for the main chips (CC2500/A7105/CYRF) ?

I have to make the decision to continue with an additional Devo10/white and this module or to keep my 7e for Deviation only and go for a Taranis 9XD as the main transmitter.

+1 It would really be beneficial if someone could do a range test.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2016 03:48 #56875 by sjforever1880
Replied by sjforever1880 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

Fer wrote:

DaveyP wrote:

At this time, they're only available from one web site which only has a Chinese version. I can't read it, haven't ordered from it, so won't post a link because there are multiple versions

Google Chrome browser has a built in translate option :)

There are 2 versions available on the web page, a 3 in 1 that's named / translated as 'navy blue' @ 150 and the 4 in one that's named 'blue' @ 220 Chinese yuan (CNY) which is about $33 + shipping

But as said before, and iffffffffffffffff you can wait (some thing I have never been very good at, lol) then Banggood could maybe be a better option, but remember that their 'free shipping' cost is built into the retail price.

Hope this helps.

Patience is not one of my thousand virtues. So i searced around for a way to order from Taobao, and i don't know if this has been sayed before, but there are Taobao agents that act as a medium to deliver whatever you want from Taobao. Before using a Taobao agent, i tryed with translators to order the 4in1 myself, but in vein, the further i could go is just to manage to register in Taobao. Taobao does not even ship to where i live.

So, then i registered to a site called bhiner.com and followed the instructions and 4in1 is on the way to me. That is the good news. The bad news is that the price is almost doubled with all the fees, double shipping costs, exchange rates, and money deposit to their site. I wish banggood would sell this soon, because they sell all other versions, except for this one...

I know a Taobao shopping agent called Superbuy. It does not charge any service fee and offers low international shipping rates (Sending a 2KG item to US using DHL only costs $32.8.) Maybe you can give it a shot. Its official website: https://www.superbuy.com . Good luck!

More
19 Dec 2016 20:16 #57012 by Twilight_Sun
Replied by Twilight_Sun on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
my 3-in-1 in devo 10 after a half of year started to eat too much current. After turning on TX voltage "+3.3V" is slowly dropping down and after a minute or half TX turns off by itself.
When I unsoldered "+3.3V" from module TX starts to work OK. So I've already ordered 4-in-1 from BG.
have anybody had this problem?

More
20 Dec 2016 06:12 - 20 Dec 2016 06:13 #57029 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Common problem with 3-in-1 module. Too high load for internal 3.3V source.
Last edit: 20 Dec 2016 06:13 by vlad_vy.

More
20 Dec 2016 17:50 #57049 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
After a false start the support for the module I design (last mention is in www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...ule?start=1080#56313 ) is in Nightly Builds.

The support is turned on by default for traditional Devo's - Devo 6, 8, 7e, 10, 12, 12e.

It is turned off for platforms which require (or benefit from) on-board flash - Devo F-series and Radiolink AT9.

Devo F12E and Radiolink AT9 will be supported by dual filesystem support - both FAT FS for large flash and DevoFS for small flash will be compiled into single image and it will detect flash module presence and choose correct option.

We don't have this ability for Devo F4 and F7 - they use the same limited MCU as Devo 7E and just will not fit this amount of code. For these we'll need to have separate builds, not unlike "Ultimate" 7E now.

Now as the module is not available yet it is important that we test that these modifications work for TXs WITHOUT it, with traditional modules, either 4-in-1, or separate, or multimodule. If you can, install mentioned Nightly Builds on your TX and see is it OK.

More
20 Dec 2016 19:02 #57058 by Twilight_Sun

vlad_vy wrote: Common problem with 3-in-1 module. Too high load for internal 3.3V source.

but it worked for a long time ... what could have changed? it's strange...

More
21 Dec 2016 17:15 #57107 by DaveyP
Replied by DaveyP on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

but it worked for a long time ... what could have changed? it's strange...

Indeed it worked, but was supplying more current than it was designed for.... and overloaded components don't have a very long life

More
22 Dec 2016 05:18 #57113 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

victzh wrote: Now as the module is not available yet it is important that we test that these modifications work for TXs WITHOUT it, with traditional modules, either 4-in-1, or separate, or multimodule...

I've installed the nightly dated 12/21(v5.0.0-9e722cc) in a Devo 6S standard & on a Devo 12S containing a multi module with NRF & A7105 radios.
The 6S started normally when I turned it on & behaved normally from there on.
The 12S reported missing modules NRF & A7105 the first time I started it, however there were no asterisks when I checked the protocols. I powered off and restarted the Devo and this time, no errors were reported. Also, no asterisks anywhere.
The 12S contained the modified hardware.ini file to enable the added modules.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?

More
22 Dec 2016 06:53 #57114 by victzh
Thanks, Arnold!

More
22 Dec 2016 09:57 #57119 by bjr981s
Replied by bjr981s on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
If this was the case unsoldering the 3.3V would not have rectified the problem.

The 3.3V supply is on the Devo 10 not the module so It would have destroyed the Devo 10 3.3 Regulator not the module.

The correct answer must be that:

The module has blown "something" internally that is dragging down the devo 10 3.3V source.

More
22 Dec 2016 16:01 - 22 Dec 2016 16:02 #57133 by wasp09
Replied by wasp09 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Not only HW can change the current drawn, FW can affect it as welll.

On my devo 7e before adding another LVO to feed the extra RF modules, the screen with gradually white out and reset with only certain versions of KN protocol. The buffered current drawn would depend on how often we transmit.
Last edit: 22 Dec 2016 16:02 by wasp09.

More
22 Dec 2016 17:09 #57135 by victzh
3.3v supply on all Devo's is only for MCU, not for RF modules. For them there is a separate LDO on module. It is good practice to reduce noise, on Radiolink AT9 there are 3 3.3v LDOs - one for MCU, one for RF module, and the third one is for vibration motor only!

More
23 Dec 2016 20:32 - 23 Dec 2016 20:35 #57174 by Twilight_Sun
So I've found a LDO and soldered 3-in-1 with it. Now it works (tested for 50 min), but module is quite hot. I hope it will work for some time, untill 4-in-1 arrives.
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Dec 2016 20:35 by Twilight_Sun.

More
29 Dec 2016 08:42 #57315 by MAZA
Replied by MAZA on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hi. Some "how to" to use the 4in1 module with my devo 8S?

More
30 Dec 2016 19:39 #57367 by pepit
Replied by pepit on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hello from France, here a little simplified tutorial explaining the installation of a 4 in 1 and deviation tx on a devo 12s that I built with the help among others of your forum.
aeromodelisme.forumactif.org/t1910-trans...ecommande-univeselle

More
30 Dec 2016 19:50 #57368 by raimcomputi
Replied by raimcomputi on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module - legal in Europe, or not?
Are these modules legally to be used in Europe? There is neither a valid CE marking nor a declaration of conformity.

More
13 Jan 2017 08:41 #57875 by Rotaryknight
Replied by Rotaryknight on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
File Attachment:

hey guys, I was in the process of installing my 3 in 1 chip when one of my solder points pulled the trace out. Should I solder onto the chip leg or is there another point that I can solder a wire to instead?
This is on a DEVO10

More
13 Jan 2017 09:57 #57877 by bjr981s
This is how an Electrical Engineer installs a 4 in 1 module. All plug and play.

The module can be unplugged and the OEM swapped back in and all the cables removed. They are all on header pins. I do the same with the 3 in 1 module.

The B3 and A1 labelling on the mainboard is done with Letraset.

B3 and A1 can be swapped by just moving the single pin cable and the alternate pin is available for future function.

Attachments:

More
13 Jan 2017 16:35 #57900 by pepit

raimcomputi wrote: Are these modules legally to be used in Europe? There is neither a valid CE marking nor a declaration of conformity.

Bah, France loves to legislate on everything, soon even the air that one breathes will end up being contabilized and of course taxed.
They are trying to know all the flying models that the French modelists or not possess in order to add them of the chips of license, lights everywhere or even loudspeakers sound.
So I do not know if I have the right or not but the toys that French merchants sell to non-modelists work with the protocols included in the 4 in 1 sold on Banggood. So if everyone can use them why model makers declared as I will not be entitled to it?
In this so-called free country there will soon remain only the dream to the population! And even.

More
13 Jan 2017 18:10 - 13 Jan 2017 18:13 #57901 by aMax
Yeah, this was typical input from a user of a german Rc forum, e.g. like this....
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...of-deviationtx#25318
They like to stay 120% legal. So we are...lol

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 13 Jan 2017 18:13 by aMax.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds