Installing Frsky M9 Gimbal into Walkera Devo12S

More
11 Dec 2017 20:54 #66454 by jejeg
Thank you ; I will order the "Frsky M9 classic model
I ordered a friend the impression of platinum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2017 18:13 #66648 by pulpfiction15
Replied by pulpfiction15 on topic Installing Frsky M9 Gimbal into Walkera Devo12S
Hi,

Succesfully made the mode, all went smoothly, only at the end to remount the sidesliders, a little sanding was needed.
Thanks richardclli for the tuto and the file of the parts.

Started this rainy afternoon at 14:00 and at 18:00 all was finnished.

More
31 Dec 2017 17:37 - 31 Dec 2017 17:42 #66650 by jejeg
Hello
one more ....B)
Thank you all .

Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Dec 2017 17:42 by jejeg.

More
11 Feb 2018 04:24 #67462 by sar315
Replied by sar315 on topic Installed gimbals on Devo 10
Successfully installed gimbals on Devo 10.

Used only 2 big printed parts. Had to cut off a little bit so they fit.
Didn't use 3d printed "pressure plates". Instead everything together using glue E6000.

Had to trim some plastic from gimbals where they go under top central transmitter board.
Also removed one screw from one of gimbals. Cut off some connector legs from underside of top transmitter plate, otherwise it was touching gimbals.

Also had to rotate ALL four magnets.

Also had to extend 2 set of wires - one on each gimbal, otherwise they didn't reach connectors.

See picture.
Attachments:

More
13 Feb 2018 17:44 #67494 by saidem
Replied by saidem on topic Installed gimbals on Devo 10
Hello,
Can you tell me if it's easy to turn the magnets and how to adjust?

More
13 Feb 2018 18:36 #67499 by sar315
First of all it is much easier to rotate and adjust magnets when gimbals are not glued or screwed into transmitter.
But of course they should be plugged it.
I've mistakenly already glued gimbals into TX and had to drill small holes in sides of TX to access screws then hold magnet in place (left and right ones, top and bottom ones were accessible)
So it is not a big deal if you did glued gimbals in.

See photo in attachment.

Magnets are under assembles (small circuit board and plastic casing) circled in red.
You need to remove 2 screws to lift each assembly. Screws are marked by red arrows for top assembly.
Left assembly screws are not visible on this photo because they are covered by long metal flat springs.
But they are accessible.

After removing two screws, lift assembly. Now you will see the magnet. It is where green arrow points to.
You'll need to loose (no need to remove completely) another screw that holds magnet in place.

Rotate magnet 180 degrees (using small pliers or something like that), put back assembly (no need to screw it back, just hold it there),
switch on TX, remove all trims and see what values are displayed when sticks are centered.
(for now it is better to keep throttle spring in place so that it auto centers the stick)

You want to see as close to 0 as possible.

In my case I was getting up to +/- 20.

Now you need to adjust magnet position - remove assembly , loose screw that hold magnet in place, rotate magnet little bit,
put everything back see the values. Keep doing it until you reach desired result.

I was able to adjust everything to 0 and 1 after about 3-5 attempts.
Attachments:

More
14 Feb 2018 16:46 #67515 by saidem
Replied by saidem on topic Installed gimbals on Devo 10
Thank you for all this information, as soon as I have the opportunity, I'll do it, I have all the equipment and I'll let you know.

More
17 Feb 2018 21:41 #67562 by Gbaquero

richardclli wrote: I am quite busy these few weeks. I will continue to work on Devo8S when I have spare time. I think the gimbals would fit in Devo8S even better than Devo12S, however the 3D printing parts need to be modified.

I'm also interested in the parts for the Devo8S, my original gimbal has a lot of use

Many Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More
12 Jun 2018 11:07 #69618 by Hobee
Replied by Hobee on topic Installed gimbals on Devo 10
Thanks for the description. This looks very good. I love my Devo 10, but a while ago it fell on the sticks and they are sometimes a tiny bit notchy, which drives me insane. So I went ahead and bought the M9 gimballs and will try my luck.

One question, you wrote that you did not use the pressure plates. Didn't they fit or why?

Thanks,
Tobias

More
13 Jun 2018 14:48 #69629 by Hobee
richardclli, thanks a lot for sharing the 3d model! I am very excited to get this started.

This is the first time ever I have something 3D printed, so I am a little bit confused by the options. So material is ABS, but which layer height do I have to choose? 100 μm, 200 μm or 300 μm?

Thanks!

More
14 Jun 2018 02:27 #69637 by richardclli
Replied by richardclli on topic Installing Frsky M9 Gimbal into Walkera Devo12S
Well, that depends on what do you want, thinner layer can give better finishing and you need more time to print. I choose ABS because it can stand a higher temperature. Think about that when you playing the heli and stay under sun and the material becomes soften..........

More
17 Jul 2018 04:56 #69891 by sar315

One question, you wrote that you did not use the pressure plates. Didn't they fit or why?

They don't fit right away, and glue keeps front gimball parts good enough.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds