Frsky compatibility

More
22 Jul 2015 12:17 #35790 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Frsky compatibility
Maybe, there are two separate boards, piggyback......

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2015 14:25 #35797 by midelic
Replied by midelic on topic Frsky compatibility
If that RX is based on my design/code.it was done without my knowledge.Normally the minimum courtesy is when you take something from somebody is to mention the source and the name of the originator..Otherwise is plagiarism or intellectual theft.
Anyway I need to see the pinout of this thing to be sure is based on my RX design.

More
22 Jul 2015 20:32 #35810 by stevecox
Replied by stevecox on topic Frsky compatibility
I'm not sure if it is midelic, I have just been following your build/development progress and am itching to put one together myself but haven't gotton round to it yet. It just seemed the second I glanced at the Banggood one it seemed awfully close visually to what yours could look like. If they did leech off your design without notifying you it would be quite disgraceful of them. One wonders when/if this would happen with the universal tx module.

Adelaide

More
30 Jul 2015 02:02 #36341 by noypi808
Replied by noypi808 on topic Frsky compatibility
Did you get a solution to your problem. Like you I just bought the X4RSB and CC2500 from Banggood but I don't have it yet (still coming from slow boat from China). I hope I can get it to work. I read this whole thread and I did not see any report of someone successfully binding an X series receiver. I got the X series receiver so I can use SBUS connection to my pixhawk FC.

Xoneoo wrote: I have tried bind the FrSky X4RSB again with the Testbuild from mwm but without success.

Have anyone runing a frSky X-Series Receiver on DeviationTX?
If anyone have time to implement the Protocoll it would be nice!

More
30 Jul 2015 16:48 #36361 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Frsky compatibility
I'm curious about that too.. currently I just have a D4R-II in use, but I was about to order an X4r.

More
30 Jul 2015 17:03 - 30 Jul 2015 17:04 #36363 by midelic
From what I know you cannot bind with Frsky X series RX it is different protocol.
It was mentioned before so people should stop trying.
I see there a niche here,So I'm thinking to add SBUS output to my RX.
Last edit: 30 Jul 2015 17:04 by midelic.

More
30 Jul 2015 17:36 #36365 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Frsky compatibility
I thought the x series receivers supported both D8 and D16 modes. The first should bond to deviation, but not the second. They may also loose capabilities in D8 mode, like S-Port sensor reports and S-Bus output.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
30 Jul 2015 17:56 - 30 Jul 2015 18:04 #36366 by midelic
From what I know is not compatible with D8 mode...D16 Yes.
It is written at the bottom page on HK site...

www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__65...er_w_telemetry_.html

Maybe X8R but I'm not sure.
On the site said X8R compatible with D8............. but X4 is not..
www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__41...er_W_Smart_Port.html
Last edit: 30 Jul 2015 18:04 by midelic.

More
30 Jul 2015 18:17 #36367 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Frsky compatibility
Some words from the distributor in Germany.......>>new radio standard EN 300 328 V1.8.1
"As already known, products of 2015, which are provided with the stickers 2015, not be combined with products older 2015 (old norm). In order to produce this combination again, update the firmware of each product must be carried out.

Please note that after updating the TARANIS X9D-plus transmitter the bind mode D8 and LR12 is no longer available. Receiver of the V-, D- and LR- series can no longer be used."

So stay with the D serie and it will work with the CC2500.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
30 Jul 2015 21:24 #36374 by mwm
Do you know if this means there is yet ANOTHER new FrSky protocol, such that D16 for 2015 wand later on't work with D16 pre 2015, or it just that the 2015 & later products have dropped support for the D8 protocol that we currently support?

If it's the former, then I think I may be switching from FrSky to the new OrangeRx Rx's. 12 channels support in deviationtx, SBUS or CPPM available, and Telemetry (mostly) built into the Rx. I prefer the FrSky D series except for SBUS or >8 channels, but if they're going to get hard to find, maybe not.

More
30 Jul 2015 21:30 #36376 by Arakon
Where did you see orangeRX with telemetry built in? None I see on HK have telemetry.. I'm also really careful around DSM2/X now after I had multiple dropouts at 300m range.
The D series is no longer supported, but this only goes for europe.. the new regulations require a special firmware for the transmitter and receiver.
On the other hand, DSM2 is also no longer legal in europe due to this.. you are allowed to use whatever you already have, but anything bought after the new regulation is illegal.

More
30 Jul 2015 22:17 - 30 Jul 2015 22:20 #36379 by mwm
All of the OrangeRx #20X Rx;'s have built-in telemetry. I'll probably be adding one of these hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__79338__O...lsafe_and_S_Bus.html to my next order from HK, just to play with it.

From the reports on line, flight log data works. However, the Rx battery voltage doesn't, which is why I'm only considering for things that need either SBUS or more than 8 channels. At least, until I decide I want a D-series sensor and can't find them to buy. They're listed on the FrSky web site, but last time I looked HK only had the hub, with nothing to plug into it.

I've not had any DSM range problems, with either DSM2 or DSMX, using Spektrum-licensed Rx's, one old OrangeRx clone (though there are reports of problems with the older #05 and #10 Rx's, as well as QA problems with them that may be related, so I'd avoid the few that are still available) or a couple of LemonRx DSM2 clones. Of course, I fly in the middle of nowhere so DSM2 is fine, and seldom beyond 500 meters, though I have video proof that both a Spektrum-licensed DSM2 Rx and one of those LemonRx Rx/s were working properly over a km away.

Really funny thing with DSM. There's some weird quirk once you go beyond 6 channels. So deviationTx doesn't work properly with some of the Spektrum-licensed Rx's with 6 or fewer channels if you set it to more than 7channels, and while OrangRx's T-6 Tx works with all Spektrum-licensed Rx's, and they claim their Rx's work with all Spektrum Tx's, the T-6 won't work with the OrangeRx Rx's with more than 6 channels.

Last edit: 30 Jul 2015 22:20 by mwm. Reason: fix DSM channel #

More
31 Jul 2015 04:12 #36383 by Arakon
Interesting about the new orange receivers.. however: Telemetry range – up to 100m.
That's the dealbreaker for me right there.
As long as I can get some D4R-II, I'll stick to them now.. and if they are no longer sold, there's still midelic's DIY receivers.

Is the D16 protocoll known and could be implemented in deviation, to support X receivers?

More
31 Jul 2015 06:22 #36385 by RedSleds
Replied by RedSleds on topic Frsky compatibility

Arakon wrote: Interesting about the new orange receivers.. however: Telemetry range – up to 100m.

Where did you see that spec? I see range <1K meters = <1000 meters in the specs.

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)

More
31 Jul 2015 06:25 #36386 by Arakon

RedSleds wrote:

Arakon wrote: Interesting about the new orange receivers.. however: Telemetry range – up to 100m.

Where did you see that spec? I see range <1K meters = <1000 meters in the specs.

100m for telemetry, 1km for normal signal. It's in the manual of the receiver.

More
31 Jul 2015 07:24 - 31 Jul 2015 07:31 #36387 by midelic
I think is the same as those Corona rx(John made me buying) ,,have only LNA(rated 30mA) not PA for telemetry(120mA)...for this reason RX >1Km and telemetry 100m.

The DIY RX came cheaper now at Goodluckbuy 18USD.
www.goodluckbuy.com/rx-f802-8ch-dual-way...-x9d-xjt-for-rc.html
Last edit: 31 Jul 2015 07:31 by midelic.

More
31 Jul 2015 09:29 #36388 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Frsky compatibility
I am also using Frsky and have to say range and reliability is excellent.
The DIY FRSKY DIY rx is for me no option as I only rely on diversity antenna rx.

Guys here tapping all the protocols, is the X series protocol difficult, or just nobody tried worked on it? would be really nice.

More
31 Jul 2015 09:47 - 31 Jul 2015 09:50 #36389 by midelic
It worth a discussion about that,diversity antennas is basically 2 antennas with diffrent polarisation or wave path.In theory when one antenna loose signal in one direction the other antenna(on different posityion) picks up the signal.
The problem is that original cheaper Frskt RX provided 2 simple monopole antenas(basically simple wires).The more expensive frsky have diversity dipole antennas and play on different price range
Somehow I doubt that 2 single wires diversity or not are better than one receiver.with one dipole antennas.
Last edit: 31 Jul 2015 09:50 by midelic.

More
31 Jul 2015 10:21 #36390 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Frsky compatibility
I think range will n ot be better with two antenna, but the reliability will be better.
Plane is moving any direction, could be object such as a lipo pack, or engine could reflect signal if in some angle situation. and lead to signall loss etc. 2 antenna gives much lower likely ness that both antenna are affected at same time.

More
31 Jul 2015 14:09 #36394 by mwm
A proper diversity Rx shouldn't have just two antennas, but two receivers as well. In the extreme case, you add a second CPU, put it on it's own board in it's own case and let the two communicate via an external cable, then call it a "satellite" and sell it for a fair chunk of the cost of an Rx. Given that it's basically an Rx with a single line comm instead of a bunch of servo connectors, that's not an unreasonable price. I'm not sure how much difference the two types of antenna's will make with that.

As noted, these don't improve range, but reliability. You can position the two antennas so they suffer signal fade under different conditions: different orientations, on different sides of your hardware, etc.

Bruce Simpson did some DIY diversity circuitry on his rcmodelreviews channel on youtube. He was working with 5.8GHz FPV Rx's, so they might not be adaptable to the DIY FrSky Rx, but it's probably worth looking into by those of you working on that Rx.

Sounds like Orange built in a TM-1100 instead of a TM-1000. I wonder if you can plug in a real TM-1000 module as well as the built-in stuff? After all, they offer both satellite connections and diversity on the things.

As for the D16 protocol, the person to ask is PB. He did the original V8 & D8 protocols. If you have an X-series Rx you aren't using and really want D16, you might PM him and ask if he could get it working if you sent him the Rx. Or you could buy me a taranis B)

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds