Frsky compatibility

More
06 Aug 2015 21:41 #36627 by noypi808
Replied by noypi808 on topic Frsky compatibility
Just a quick report. I got my CC2500 from Banggood and installed it on my Devo 10. I also received the D4R-II and X4RSB and just like what everybody said in this thread the D4R works without hiccup but the X4RSB does not. Now I have to deal with returning the X4RSB to Banggood or just sell it on Ebay.

Thanks for all who replied to my question earlier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2015 22:17 #36629 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Frsky compatibility

noypi808 wrote: Now I have to deal with returning the X4RSB to Banggood or just sell it on Ebay.

Any chance I can talk you into donating it to the deviation community? Find someone with a FrSky Tx that will talk to it, a logic analyzer and a willingness to disassemble the first to apply the second? That way, we could get the data needed to add support for the D16 protocol to deviation.

And no, I don't mean me. I don't have a FrSky Tx. Though I'd be happy to do the capture if you wanted to donate that as well :).

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
07 Aug 2015 04:39 - 07 Aug 2015 04:41 #36634 by thebestvip84
Replied by thebestvip84 on topic Frsky compatibility

ovres wrote: with some description.

hi there, this is my first post on forum, i order a xl2500-D03 exactly the same this. I soldered this module to my Devo 7e with the same diagram like this.
the lastest deviation nightly build reconizge module no problem but i can not bind it with Frsky V8FR-II HV rx. I have tried many ways but still not bind.
Please help, i am dying by headache. Thank you all
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Aug 2015 04:41 by thebestvip84.

More
07 Aug 2015 05:14 #36638 by mwm
Is your Rx in D mode? That's the only one n supported by deviation.

More
07 Aug 2015 05:56 #36639 by midelic
Replied by midelic on topic Frsky compatibility
I think fine variable strike again.I have the same module and I keep fine =-41.

More
07 Aug 2015 06:10 - 07 Aug 2015 06:21 #36640 by thebestvip84

mwm wrote: Is your Rx in D mode? That's the only one n supported by deviation.

oh my god, i think this Frsky V8FR-II HV rx not have D mode, may be only V mode. i order from banggood :
www.banggood.com/FrSky-V8FR-II-2_4G-8CH-...Version-p-69051.html
search youtube and this rx can bind in D mode (youtube..com/watch?v=6s064-cMXQQ) by jumper signal ch1 +2
May be i had order wrong item?need a D prefix-in -name frsky rx to have D mode to bind with deviation?

midelic wrote: I think fine variable strike again.I have the same module and I keep fine =-41.

i am newbie to this? can u explain how can i fine turn the frequency?

if i follow this guide? (http://w.w.w..rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2124647)use devo 7e ppm out -> adruino -> xl2500 to bind with this rx. is that possible?
Last edit: 07 Aug 2015 06:21 by thebestvip84.

More
07 Aug 2015 06:18 #36641 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Frsky compatibility
Try connecting pins 1+2 with a jumper before powering up. That puts it in d-mode. No need to press the button then either, just bind on the transmitter.

More
07 Aug 2015 06:24 - 07 Aug 2015 06:29 #36642 by thebestvip84

Arakon wrote: Try connecting pins 1+2 with a jumper before powering up. That puts it in d-mode. No need to press the button then either, just bind on the transmitter.

sorry, still can not bind
Althought my devo 7e have FrSky and Frsky-v8 protocol enable (not have * before Frsky) i press bind button on tx but notthing happen. try many wiring method but the same. thank you!

have you ever success bind this rX v8FR-ii to cc2500 module? plz help!
Last edit: 07 Aug 2015 06:29 by thebestvip84.

More
07 Aug 2015 06:35 #36643 by thebestvip84

midelic wrote: I think fine variable strike again.I have the same module and I keep fine =-41.

wow. thank you, after some digging on the transmitter, i can access to the fine turn by press on the button FRSKY protocol. change to -41 and able to bind. thank you again!

More
07 Aug 2015 06:52 #36644 by mwm
You Rx has both D and V modes. Since it doesn't do telemetry, there no reason I know of to prefer one to the other. But I was wrong earlier - both are supported, you just have to make sure the Tx and Rx are both in the same mode.

More
07 Aug 2015 16:11 - 07 Aug 2015 16:12 #36648 by midelic
Replied by midelic on topic Frsky compatibility
Many people here end up buying new CC2500 RF module for deviation because not listening to me.You are the first(listening) ...congrats.
Last edit: 07 Aug 2015 16:12 by midelic.

More
07 Aug 2015 17:22 #36650 by noypi808
If someone is willing to develop the D16 protocol I will gladly donate my X4rsb receiver.

mwm wrote:

noypi808 wrote: Now I have to deal with returning the X4RSB to Banggood or just sell it on Ebay.

Any chance I can talk you into donating it to the deviation community? Find someone with a FrSky Tx that will talk to it, a logic analyzer and a willingness to disassemble the first to apply the second? That way, we could get the data needed to add support for the D16 protocol to deviation.

And no, I don't mean me. I don't have a FrSky Tx. Though I'd be happy to do the capture if you wanted to donate that as well :).

More
07 Aug 2015 19:17 #36653 by Arakon
That would be awesome, especially considering the D-Series will eventually run out.

More
07 Aug 2015 19:46 #36654 by noypi808
I agree. I am interested in SBUS function since I have 3 pixhawks.

Arakon wrote: That would be awesome, especially considering the D-Series will eventually run out.

More
07 Aug 2015 21:22 #36655 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Frsky compatibility

thebestvip84 wrote:

Arakon wrote: Try connecting pins 1+2 with a jumper before powering up. That puts it in d-mode. No need to press the button then either, just bind on the transmitter.

sorry, still can not bind
Althought my devo 7e have FrSky and Frsky-v8 protocol enable (not have * before Frsky) i press bind button on tx but notthing happen. try many wiring method but the same. thank you!

have you ever success bind this rX v8FR-ii to cc2500 module? plz help!

A video I did sometimes ago:

More
01 Sep 2015 04:28 #37348 by Arakon
Just to add, I recently flew out about 800m without issue using the CC2500 and a D4R-II. The RSSI alarm sounded the first time then (it's set to 42db), so I turned back.. But I think even more is possible, it beeped just once.

More
03 Sep 2015 15:18 #37402 by Block137
Replied by Block137 on topic Frsky compatibility
I'm completely confused now :pinch:

What are the differences between D4R-II and X4RSB aside from PPM vs S-BUS?
I did a little research and found this vid:

Don't they use the same protocol?

Just installed CC2500 and sure it won't bind to my X4R (D4R-II was out of stock and I wasn't aware of this)

More
03 Sep 2015 16:33 #37404 by Arakon
They use different protocols. The X-Series of receivers is not yet supported.

More
04 Sep 2015 04:08 - 04 Sep 2015 04:10 #37423 by mwm
No, the D series receivers and the X series receivers do not use the same protocol . The D series Rx's (and Tx modules) use a protocol called D8. The X series Rx's (and Tx modules) use a protocol called D16. D8 only supports 8 channels, D16 supports 16. Some of the X series Rx's (and Tx modules) could work in D8 mode, but that is now illegal in the Eu, so newer firmware doesn't support it there. It's also illegal to buy or sell the D series modules there. Not clear if the newer firmware in the US supports it or not.

Besides SBus vs. CPPM, he mentions SPort vs. Data for telemetry. SBus isn't FrSky's name, so his complaint about them isn't really their fault. SPort sensors don't talk to Data Rx's and vice versa, except for (apparently) the SPort vario sensor, which also supports the Data protocol, and apparently translates between the two. I have no verification on that, though. If you put the X series Rx's in D8 mode, they no longer accept SPort telemetry data. Since they don't have a data port, the only telemetry you get is the two analog voltage ports and the RSSI built into the Rx.

Deviation does not currently support the FrSky D16 protocol.

You may be able to use an older X4R module in D8 mode and get SBUS output. You'd still only get eight channels. If you decide to try it, let us know how it works. If you've got an X series Tx module & Rx and are willing to take provide captures from them, we could probably get D16 support - and we'd certainly like to have it!

Last edit: 04 Sep 2015 04:10 by mwm.

More
05 Sep 2015 06:20 #37460 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Frsky telemetry altitude?
I'm looking through the FrSky telemetry code, and the altitude conversions don't seem to match the documentation.

I'm mostly interested in Vario output. Can someone report whether or not that's working properly?

GPS altitude seems to be identical to vario altitude, but the docs imply it's not. So if someone can report on whether or not that's working, I'd appreciate it as well.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds