Frsky compatibility

More
11 Nov 2015 09:50 #39919 by djdazzy
Replied by djdazzy on topic Frsky compatibility

mwm wrote:

djdazzy wrote:

mwm wrote:

petr512p wrote: Hello, and failed to connect X4SB?

As mentioned repeatedly in the thread, not supported. Unless you're using the older 8-channel protocol, which some of them don't do. Hope to have the 16 channel protocol soon, though.

Are you going to support both EU and international versions of the protocol please?

Is there a difference? I know the international radio gear doesn't support the old 8-channel protocol, and that there are power differences in them, but will the EU gear and international gear not work together?

There is 2 versions of the firmware for the X series tx and rx which isn't intercompatible. My understanding is the EU version has to listen when initially powered up and does not transmit over an occupied frequency. Firmware versions need to match on the taranis to allow this to work - it must only be the initial binding part which is different.

The new EU taranis cannot bind with D/V series receivers as standard but I have found this is only due to opentx having the menu option removed fo comply with the EU directive. Reflashing Frsky Opentx with the international version and this works ok so it is not dependant on any module firmware.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2015 15:19 #40010 by Monkas
Replied by Monkas on topic Frsky compatibility
Hi guys!

With D4R-II which was the maximum range that have reached without RSSI alarm?
I flied a maximum of 200m for now. :unsure:

More
13 Nov 2015 15:22 #40011 by mazi
Replied by mazi on topic Frsky compatibility

mwm wrote: I had that issue with mine as well, because I didn't install the jumper between the pins on the CC2500. Installing that fixed it.

If you've already done that, make sure all the connections are solid, and post photos of our install for the hardware guys to inspect.

I installed XL2500 module to my DEVO 10 too and I am facing low range (several meters) with D8R XP as well :-( I checked the jumpers between 3 and 10 plus 8 and 9 and they seem to be OK. Before I set Freg-Fine to -41 I wasn't able even to bind. I am running nightly V4.0.1-a4e6135.

I bought CC2500 SI4432 module from Banggood and I am going to build multimodule so I hope I will be succesfull then.

More
13 Nov 2015 16:32 - 13 Nov 2015 16:34 #40014 by djdazzy

mazi wrote:

mwm wrote: I had that issue with mine as well, because I didn't install the jumper between the pins on the CC2500. Installing that fixed it.

If you've already done that, make sure all the connections are solid, and post photos of our install for the hardware guys to inspect.

I installed XL2500 module to my DEVO 10 too and I am facing low range (several meters) with D8R XP as well :-( I checked the jumpers between 3 and 10 plus 8 and 9 and they seem to be OK. Before I set Freg-Fine to -41 I wasn't able even to bind. I am running nightly V4.0.1-a4e6135.

I bought CC2500 SI4432 module from Banggood and I am going to build multimodule so I hope I will be succesfull then.

I use a CC2500 PA+LNA module ( www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CC2500-PA-LNA-SI4432-...?hash=item19d726245b ) in my 7e.
Just range tested it with a D6FR and I can get over 40m in 100uW (range test) mode. It was dropping into failsafe mode at 60m.
Last edit: 13 Nov 2015 16:34 by djdazzy.

More
13 Nov 2015 16:44 #40015 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Frsky compatibility

Monkas wrote: Hi guys!

With D4R-II which was the maximum range that have reached without RSSI alarm?
I flied a maximum of 200m for now. :unsure:

I've been out to roughly 880 meters before the first RSSI alert (set at 42) happened.

More
19 Nov 2015 06:32 #40204 by mazi

mazi wrote:

So I've built multimodule and have all modules (protocols) enabled. I can bind different models except FrSky receiver :-( I am pretty sure, wiring is OK. What else can I check? I have bad luck with CC2500 transceivers :-( Module from Banggood looks a little bit different from one listed in wiki (eBay), but another user reported it as working with multimodule. I tried different Fine Freg values of course.

More
19 Nov 2015 14:42 #40214 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Frsky compatibility
Have you played with the Fine frequency in the protocol settings? If that's far enough off (and the correct value varies depending on the module), that could keep it from binding.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
19 Nov 2015 16:41 #40218 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Frsky compatibility
@mazi
..just buy the BG one, works like a charm and NO fine tuning needed.
www.banggood.com/CC2500-PA-LNA-Romote-Wi...F24L01-p-922595.html

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
19 Nov 2015 16:56 #40219 by mazi
The module is from BG! And I tried different Fine freq values :-(

More
19 Nov 2015 20:08 #40223 by aMax

mazi wrote: The module is from BG! And I tried different Fine freq values :-(

...search function..? Two and a half years old but something you might find usefull.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...ility?start=100#8446

More
20 Nov 2015 07:54 #40235 by mazi

aMax wrote:

...search function..? Two and a half years old but something you might find usefull.

Thank you for link. I will try it with my XL2500D03 module. But what is wrong with the CC2500 module from BG? You suspect they changed pin order as well?

More
20 Nov 2015 11:01 #40239 by aMax
No, the link was mainly intended for the XL2500.
On the CC2500 (BG) the pin imprint is right.

More
22 Nov 2015 09:32 #40290 by mazi

aMax wrote:

I have tried connect PA_EN and/or LNA_EN pins of XL2500 module to Vcc, GND, GDOo or GDO2, but nothing helped :-( Range with 150mW is still only 2m. I propably fried PA, because when I tried this module for the very first time, I noticed after while, that connection to antenna had been broken. Is it possible to somehow check it?

But why I can't bind D6R XP with the BG module? Devo doesn't report "CC2500 is missing".

More
29 Nov 2015 06:40 - 29 Nov 2015 06:41 #40474 by djarchow
Replied by djarchow on topic Frsky compatibility
While I love my 6s, I also like the range others get with a Taranis and an frsky rx. From reading this thread it looks like deviation supports some older frsky receivers with a module. Will a devo tx with the right module and an frsky rx get similar range to a taranis and one of the newer frsky receivers?

Thanks!
Last edit: 29 Nov 2015 06:41 by djarchow.

More
29 Nov 2015 09:40 #40477 by djdazzy

djarchow wrote: While I love my 6s, I also like the range others get with a Taranis and an frsky rx. From reading this thread it looks like deviation supports some older frsky receivers with a module. Will a devo tx with the right module and an frsky rx get similar range to a taranis and one of the newer frsky receivers?

Thanks!

I have a taranis and a 7e and for line of sight flying I find no difference in either transmitter. I have a 5db antenna which I can connect to my 7e which theoretically gives higher gain and longer range. The module is the same for both but the varying results shown in this forum suggests there can be range issues but I think this could be mainly down to the skills of the installer and other installation issues.

I fly mainly frsky D series receivers with the odd X series one on my taranis.

More
30 Nov 2015 04:46 #40495 by djarchow
Replied by djarchow on topic Frsky compatibility

djdazzy wrote:

djarchow wrote: While I love my 6s, I also like the range others get with a Taranis and an frsky rx. From reading this thread it looks like deviation supports some older frsky receivers with a module. Will a devo tx with the right module and an frsky rx get similar range to a taranis and one of the newer frsky receivers?

Thanks!

I have a taranis and a 7e and for line of sight flying I find no difference in either transmitter. I have a 5db antenna which I can connect to my 7e which theoretically gives higher gain and longer range. The module is the same for both but the varying results shown in this forum suggests there can be range issues but I think this could be mainly down to the skills of the installer and other installation issues.

I fly mainly frsky D series receivers with the odd X series one on my taranis.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. With my 6s and a Devo recieiver, I get about 1500 feet of range on flat ground no obstructions. With my 6s and a LemonRx or OrangeRx DSMX/PPM I get less than 1000 feet. Throw in changes in elevation, trees etc. and when flying fpv my quads are dropping from the sky at under 500 feet on DSMX. Another flier I know has flown in the same spot with me with a Taranis and is easily getting to 1200 feet (the edge of the park so he can't go any further) with no real loss of signal. While I do get longer range with a Devo receiver than I do with a.LemonRX or orangeRX, it is still less than my friends Taranis. The other issue is that newer flight controllers like the Dodo, or the Tornado don't support PWM receivers.

I really don't want to move to a Taranis as I just like the size and feel of my Devo 6S, so would adding the proper module to the 6s allow me to use and get good range with an Frsky X4rSB receiver?

Thanks again!

More
30 Nov 2015 06:11 #40496 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Frsky compatibility
Your range with an X receiver if liable to be 0. Deviation doesn't support the D16 protocol they use. Some (but not all) of those receivers support the D8 protocol for backwards compatibility. If you can get one of those, it will work in that mode, but they tend to lose functionality like telemetry when you do that.

Most of us using deviation and FrSky use the older D series receivers. For quads, the D4R-Ii is popular, as it does PPM with up to 8 channels.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
30 Nov 2015 06:55 #40497 by djdazzy

mwm wrote: Most of us using deviation and FrSky use the older D series receivers. For quads, the D4R-Ii is popular, as it does PPM with up to 8 channels.

You have to be careful using all 8 channels on a standard D4R-II in CPPM mode. It can run out of frame length if all channels are full deflection. There is a patched firmware which give you a wider frame length.

More
30 Nov 2015 09:26 #40499 by aMax

djdazzy wrote:

mwm wrote: Most of us using deviation and FrSky use the older D series receivers. For quads, the D4R-Ii is popular, as it does PPM with up to 8 channels.

You have to be careful using all 8 channels on a standard D4R-II in CPPM mode. It can run out of frame length if all channels are full deflection. There is a patched firmware which give you a wider frame length.

If you do not flash the 27ms firmware, one work around is to limit the range (e.g.for switches) on aux1 to aux3 in its range( e.g. -80 to +80 ).
In this case the frame length is still ok.
A nice video about this problem....

More
30 Nov 2015 13:20 #40502 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Frsky compatibility
Yup thats correct I run the D4R in ppm for CC3D and Cleanflight/Betaflight.
The upper 4 channels are just the switches, so I put min/max in deviation at -50%-0-+50%, this is perfectly fine to switch functions on your quad as you can set them werever you want and keeps a bit faster reaction time.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds