Frsky compatibility

More
16 Dec 2015 17:47 #40982 by petr512p
Replied by petr512p on topic Frsky compatibility
I look and failed to bind the X4R-SB with CC2500?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2015 17:50 #40983 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Frsky compatibility
Are you trolling?
You ask every few days why the X series doesn't work and every time you are told that the protocol IS NOT SUPPORTED.
You can try binding all year long, it will not happen until the protocol is coded and implemented.

More
16 Dec 2015 20:34 #40990 by djdazzy
Replied by djdazzy on topic Frsky compatibility

Arakon wrote: Are you trolling?
You ask every few days why the X series doesn't work and every time you are told that the protocol IS NOT SUPPORTED.
You can try binding all year long, it will not happen until the protocol is coded and implemented.

Steady.......that is slightly harsh. It is obvious this guy doesn't understand English.

One question I have, is anyone actually working on the X-series D16 protocol please?

More
16 Dec 2015 20:42 #40992 by Arakon
I'm not a native english speaker either. But if he knows enough english or can run a translation tool to ask the question, he can understand the simple "no, doesn't work yet" he got before.
And yes, midelic has figured out much of it I believe, but actually creating the protocol has no high priority for him as he's busy with other things, from what I read.

More
16 Dec 2015 20:47 - 16 Dec 2015 20:49 #40993 by nfnity
Replied by nfnity on topic Frsky compatibility

djdazzy wrote:

Arakon wrote: Are you trolling?

Steady.......that is slightly harsh. It is obvious this guy doesn't understand English.

One question I have, is anyone actually working on the X-series D16 protocol please?

Some guys are tinkering with the protocol itself. No clue if anyone is working on an actual deviation implementation.
Last edit: 16 Dec 2015 20:49 by nfnity. Reason: added link to RC groups thread

More
19 Dec 2015 05:04 - 19 Dec 2015 05:05 #41028 by stevecox
Replied by stevecox on topic Frsky compatibility
Running Devo 10 with the stock devo module and a cc2500 only with F/W devo10-v4.0.1-ef0d76d. 2 things, first, I can bind to a D8R-II Plus with fine Freq-Fine set anywhere between -29 to -100. What would be the best point between those values to use & how important is the setting? Second question, I cant bind with V8 series, for instance the V8FR 8 Channel or the V8R7 I have tried the Frsky-V8 protocol & also with just the Frsky protocol and Telemetry set to off with fine between the above values but no luck, is there anything I can try?
My thanks again to all the developers and their time, it is sincerely appreciated!

Adelaide
Last edit: 19 Dec 2015 05:05 by stevecox.

More
19 Dec 2015 11:39 #41032 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Frsky compatibility
If you turn on RSSI telemetry, you can see how changing the fine tuning affects signal strength. Setting it to the midpoint and then moving away should drop the signal strength, meaning leave it at the midpoint.

IIRC, not all the V series receivers use the V8 protocol, so that may be an issue. Or it could be a fine issue and it needs to be set for it. Or it could be that you need to deal with the Bind ID in some way. I don't have any of them, so these are just WAGs.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
19 Dec 2015 12:02 #41033 by stevecox
Replied by stevecox on topic Frsky compatibility
I tried the RSSI it was a hairline higher near the middle but maybe I had the Rx & Tx too close ~8m at lowest power out. Nonetheless I will use Freq-Fine in the middle. For the V's I will try a few things, not such an issue I only have a couple of those Rx. What does bind is the V8R4-II which can be put into D mode (without telemetry) by shorting signal pins 1 & 2 and then doing a bind in D mode with fine set, just a pity this one doesn't have the CPPM like the D4R-II.

Adelaide

More
26 Dec 2015 15:15 #41153 by z33
Replied by z33 on topic Frsky compatibility
Hi guys,

New here with a newly modded 6s radio.

Just checking if the 6s can receive telemetry from the d4rii?

Tia

More
26 Dec 2015 20:18 #41158 by Arakon
Don't see why not, as long as you install a CC2500 module. Deviation supports it.

More
27 Dec 2015 01:33 #41166 by z33
blog.oscarliang.net/telemetry-frsky-taranis-d4r-ii/

Thanks Arakon. I will be wiring up the d4rii as above and see if it feeds the devo.

More
27 Dec 2015 10:18 #41170 by z33
Worked on my model this pm. I connected the telemetry wires and vbat wire as per Oscar's blog above.

I do have a telemetry page on my devo6s. Only 2 parameters were relevant so I set them up:
1. Voltage
2. Rssi

Could not test rssi at home but the radio did beep when I tried to configure volt1, volt2, volt3 thinking they represent the cells of my 3s respectively. Unfortunately not sure how these work. The radio keeps beeping non stop!

So to shut the alarm off, I turn off volt2 and volt3, leaving volt1 to beep if voltage is less than 3.5v.

Anyone tried this and figure out how to configure it correctly?

Cheers,
Z

More
27 Dec 2015 12:51 #41171 by Arakon
The voltages are up to 3 voltages the receiver can send. Volt 1 ist usually the internal supply voltage (the 5v you run it on), volt 2 the analog voltage reading on the extra port on the side of the receiver (using a voltage divider), volt 3 likely one sent via serial protocol over that port.
Individual cell monitoring isn't even possible on the D4R-II without a seperate sensor, if there even is one (I think there is for the X-series, but I never looked into it).
It can only send out telemetry of data it can get from somewhere, so unless you have some means to read individual cell voltages using the FC, you can only get the general voltage.

More
27 Dec 2015 16:11 #41173 by mwm
Without a telemetry hub, you only get two voltages and RSSI. Volt3 in the nightly builds is a telemetry hub voltage value, though I forget which sensor it comes from.

With a telemetry hub and the right sensor, you can get individual cell voltages. However, it's not supported in the nightly build. There is a test build that has it, but you're better off running the nightly if you don't have a telemetry hub. If you do have a hub, that build hang been tested with one, just with some DYI hardware. And those haven't been tested with known good transmitter firmware, so who knows how well it works.

More
28 Dec 2015 13:08 #41197 by z33
Thanks Arakon and MRM for your helpful replies.

I don't have a telemetry hub in my setup. Just wired the telemetry output/cable from the d4rii to the Naze 32 and I also wired my + from my pdb to the +vbat on the Naze board. (As per Oscar' s blog)

I guess I don't need individual cell voltage if my setup can't support it, happy to just have general voltage for a simple quad setup. If this is the case, I just need to select Volt2?

Rx voltage not necessary I think and rev5 Naze board has no smartport anyway.

Many thanks again!

More
28 Dec 2015 17:11 #41199 by mwm
The naze may be acting like a telemetry hub, in which case you may want volt3. And you may get readings from the naze sensors as well if you try the telemetry hub test build.

The volt1 and volt2 readings are analog input sensors, which will only work in that setup if the naze board passes the voltage through a resistor step-down and doesn't try and read it. In which case there's a telemetry option to set the gain for the network so the displayed value is right.

The Rx voltage is for craft that use both a flight battery and a radio battery. If you only have one battery, you probably want the external voltage unless you don't have a motor.

More
29 Dec 2015 01:57 #41226 by z33
Thanks mwm again.

I will try volt3 now. Volt2 doesn't work in my setup. I tried. It this morning and it keeps beeping regardless of what parameter I select.

Does wiring lipo to the vbat+ connection provide a resistor step down as you mentioned?

More
30 Dec 2015 14:00 #41261 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Frsky compatibility
I am using devo 7e with nightly 4.01-583c486
I tried with 2pcs Frsky d4r-II, I do receive:

Volt 1 = TelemV1 set mainpage config, rx voltage 4.68V displayed on mainpage, I confirm alarm works.
RSSI = TelemeRSSI set mainpage config, max value of around 100 with tx and model on the table, I confirm alarm works

Volt 2 = Zero Volt
Volt 3 = Zero volt

So i do not get the votage (1.68V sent from devider to AD1 pin on the RX), not in main page, it cannot get an alarm on v2 and v3 in telemetry config and is not received in telemetry monitor.

The temetetry monitor in transmitter menu, does not show any voltages and seems mixed up, but it only show RSSI field.
Another thing in main page config, I deleted box3 field, but now I cannot open a new box3 3 field for telemetry.

More
31 Dec 2015 00:51 #41270 by mwm
Volt2 is connected to the external voltage sensor. It's on the same connector as the data line. The data line is labelled Rx and Tx; the input line is AD2 and GND. This is the one you should use for pack voltage, but you need to connect it via a resistor step-down to <4.2V to the flight battery. Do not connect both the GND line on this sensor and a GND servo line!

Volt3 is the Telemetry hub voltage sensor. You might be able to get that one if you set up the Naze32 properly.

If you check the telemetry monitor page, you'll see a bunch of other telemetry hub values. You might check to see if any of those get values, and if they are right. They can't be alarmed, though this is easy enough to fix. The FrSkty test build lets you alarm on all the voltages, among other things.

The 7E doesn't have a layout editor, which is what you need to add the box back on the transmitter. You'll have to edit the file in a text editor to add it back. Or just reset the model.

More
31 Dec 2015 15:30 #41285 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Frsky compatibility
Hmmm not fully clear actually I am sending 1.68V on this small side connector, between pin AD2 and GND. This is actually pack voltage from resistor divider.
The pack voltage also go to a step down swith reg output 5V to feed the receiver on the servo pins. So the GND is common/Same.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds