Frsky compatibility

More
10 Aug 2016 16:00 #52659 by petsmith
Replied by petsmith on topic Frsky D8 Telemetry
I forgot to mention I had already modded my 7e to a Ultimate 7e. It's running Ultimate 7e firmware by HappyHarry. Do I have to do anything to enable the additional telemetry data?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2016 17:24 #52664 by petsmith
Replied by petsmith on topic Frsky D8 Telemetry
Finally got the extended telemetry working. Initially, I used UART2 of my FLIP32 for telemetry output. The UART2 didn't support signal inversion which Frsky needs. I switched it to soft serial and it's now working properly.

More
16 Aug 2016 04:59 #52795 by sfersystem
Replied by sfersystem on topic Frsky compatibility
Hi,
Does this receiver is fully compatible with version 5 on my DEVO 10 ?
I have dropouts problems with the XSR and range issues with all my satellites and receivers.

Thank you.

More
24 Aug 2016 18:57 #53075 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Frsky compatibility
A fast question to version 5.0.0-dd199b1 and older FrSky-V8 receivers / protocol.

Is the code still there, is it still supported? Should RX bind well?
Any better Frsky thread to ask this question?

German RCN FrSky-V8 bind problems with 5.0.0-dd199b1: www.rclineforum.de/forum/board49-zubeh%C...%B6sung/#post3972701

More
27 Aug 2016 03:10 #53129 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Frsky compatibility

Thomas.Heiss wrote: A fast question to version 5.0.0-dd199b1 and older FrSky-V8 receivers / protocol.

Is the code still there, is it still supported? Should RX bind well?

I don't think there were any changes in the V8 code from 4.0;1 to 5.0.

More
27 Aug 2016 05:20 #53132 by Ryou
Replied by Ryou on topic Frsky compatibility
Hello.
I is Frsky-V8 knowledge has not changed from before. BIND can be normally.
But it contains a bug in the Scale.

Correct program
LINE248: s32 value = (s32) Channels * 600 / CHAN_MAX_VALUE + 0x8c8;

I'd like a fix anyone.

More
17 Sep 2016 08:08 #53952 by vincentimes
Replied by vincentimes on topic Frsky compatibility
Hello, I have of the evil with English and my translator is not still clear.
I would like to fly one naze32 with the telemetry (tension battery(drum kit)) on my devo12s v5.
What receiver and where does module need me?
Thank you

Vince

More
20 Sep 2016 01:29 #54045 by hexfet

Pegaz wrote: Guys I'm jaded - I can not make it to work. I'm running the latest Harry's build on my Ultimate devo 7e. I'm using FrSky protocol to bind to D4R-II , i've got the telemetry option checked in cleanflight and on my receiver's telemetry port green wire which is Rx connected to "+" on naze and black GND to "-" on naze. No gps data no matter if it's armed or not. I'm getting rssi ,receiver voltage and some other voltage and that's it. Do I need to configure anything else in devo / cleanflight ? I'm really struggling, please help me as I took a lot of effort to get those data displayed and don't want all of this to go to waste now :(

Pegaz wrote: Yes, the gps is connected correctly to naze32 rev.6 as it shows up after a few seconds in cleanflight. Today i was testing at home so didn't catch 3d lock, but other data like main battery was missing too- this surely is not gps related parameter and should come up. I can only see rssi, i believe receiver voltage as it shows around ~5v , and some other voltage that shows ~0.18v

Do you see seven rows on the first telemetry test page (which indicates it's built with extended telemetry support)?

Do you have a way to verify data is coming out of the naze on the RX line - logic analyzer or scope? See the post above about signal inversion.

If all that looks okay I'll make a test build to see where things might be going astray.

More
20 Sep 2016 07:20 - 20 Sep 2016 07:52 #54051 by Pegaz
Replied by Pegaz on topic Frsky compatibility
Thank you hexfet for your interest and help - here are some more details:

Reading above post and folowed petsmith's hints I decided to use soft serial1 instead , and made sure telemetry_inverted is ON in CLI. Softserials are ok as i got GPS connected to softserial2 and it's working fine so i assume softserial1 is OK too. I'm using FrSky protocol and the telemetry is on (keept all those setting inside the protocol as default, no fine frequency tunning etc, it binds OK)
I've got "telemetry" slider in cleanflight "on" as well. Softserial1 in cleanflight settings has FrSky telemetry selected and baudrate set to "AUTO", Green wire from D4R-II which is RX is connected to 4th pin from the end on AfroFligt32/naze32 rev6 which is sofserial1 TX. Running HappyHarry's 256 build from the 7th of sept. Do I need to modify hardware.ini or anything else in the Devo 7E to "enable" extended telemetry ? I've got not clue why this bloody thing is not showing up. I did try on armed/running , and disarmed- nothing apart from those 3 fields in the pictures displays :( Don't know if it matters but i've resored "models" directory, hardware.ini and tx.ini from normal not 256kb version of deviation

This is my board:
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Sep 2016 07:52 by Pegaz.

More
20 Sep 2016 07:41 #54052 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Frsky compatibility
Did you try the "UP" button on the left to switch to the Latitude-Logitude gps section?

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
20 Sep 2016 10:37 #54060 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Frsky compatibility
It is not something to do with the difference between telemetry serial hub protocol for D series and telemetry for X series, so called smart port? what does the firmware of flight controller state, can you select D or X telemetry?

More
20 Sep 2016 13:25 - 20 Sep 2016 13:27 #54065 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Frsky compatibility

Pegaz wrote: ... Softserials are ok as i got GPS connected to softserial2 and it's working fine so i assume softserial1 is OK too. I'm using FrSky protocol and the telemetry is on (keept all those setting inside the protocol as default, no fine frequency tunning etc, it binds OK)

Your problem (maybe not all of it but one part FOR SURE) is that the two softserial ports on an F1 target MUST RUN THE SAME BAUD RATE. the f1 processor isn't capable enough to bit-bang two different baud rates. I discovered this trying to run frsky telemetry on SS1 plus OSD on SS2 (which I did get working after setting the OSD to 38500 to match SmartPort). Obviously you can't Reconfigure the frsky rx so that leaves reconfiguring the GPS to match it

Change the gps to run at 9600 baudn then they'll both work together on softserial.

Softserial, even though its 2 different outputs is based on the same clock and is technically just a single port so automatically you can not configure accessories at different baud speeds or it simply won't work cause of baud speed mismatch from FC to accessory.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 20 Sep 2016 13:27 by Cereal_Killer.

More
20 Sep 2016 20:08 #54073 by Pegaz

Cereal_Killer wrote:

Pegaz wrote: ... Softserials are ok as i got GPS connected to softserial2 and it's working fine so i assume softserial1 is OK too. I'm using FrSky protocol and the telemetry is on (keept all those setting inside the protocol as default, no fine frequency tunning etc, it binds OK)

Your problem (maybe not all of it but one part FOR SURE) is that the two softserial ports on an F1 target MUST RUN THE SAME BAUD RATE. the f1 processor isn't capable enough to bit-bang two different baud rates. I discovered this trying to run frsky telemetry on SS1 plus OSD on SS2 (which I did get working after setting the OSD to 38500 to match SmartPort). Obviously you can't Reconfigure the frsky rx so that leaves reconfiguring the GPS to match it

Change the gps to run at 9600 baudn then they'll both work together on softserial.

Softserial, even though its 2 different outputs is based on the same clock and is technically just a single port so automatically you can not configure accessories at different baud speeds or it simply won't work cause of baud speed mismatch from FC to accessory.

I was full of hope after what u've said but unfortunately it does not work. I've been trying different baudrates (same on both serials as u advised) , i've even removed gps from softserial2 and tried setting up the telemetry on that port but still nothing! I tried on different quad with a different d4r-ii and still nothing... Can someone please show me a picture of this actually working? I just can't belive why the hell it's causing so many problems as it should be a piece of cake. Can also someone tell me which exactly build works fine with d4r-ii?

More
21 Sep 2016 21:56 #54111 by hexfet
Nothing to be done on the tx other than turn on the telemetry protocol option.

I added a frsky_telem test build. The Misc rows 2 and 3 will show the raw hub telemetry id and value, if hub (stream) telemetry is being received. If those boxes don't show activity then no stream telemetry is being received.

Recommend checking for a good signal at the RX pin on the receiver.

More
23 Sep 2016 19:43 - 23 Sep 2016 19:45 #54183 by Pegaz
Thanks hexfet,
A bit on an updates:
I have flashed with your test build but still no luck, and then i went mental and started doing weird things. I have moved telemetry connection to softserial1 RX pin (labeled nr. "6" in the picture of my board that i've attached in previos post) i know it sounds ridiculous as i should be "sending data out from the FC board to the RX" not receiving them BUT it started working after a while!!! Can someone explain me that? I've checked the same thing on a different board (naze32 thin running iNav) and after moving connection to Rx from TX it started working too! I flashed back to the latest HappyHarry's biuld and it worked too. It doesn't make any sense for me- two differnt boards , two different firmwares. Also the telemetry resfresh is VERY slow it makes it almost unusable to check the speed and altitude. Is this how it suppose to be? Any chance to have a 'live' data??
Last edit: 23 Sep 2016 19:45 by Pegaz.

More
23 Sep 2016 20:32 #54185 by hexfet
I haven't used softserial on the naze. If I'm understanding your post correctly you've got it working with the same config on two different boards? If so seems like the arrowheads on the picture are misleading. And you can't trust "TX" or "RX" to indicate data direction - even in the RS232 standard DCE devices transmit on RXD..

The telemetry screen updates shortly after new values are received. The extended telemetry was recently reworked so there may be bugs. Do you know how often the naze is sending speed/altitude updates?

More
25 Sep 2016 00:02 - 25 Sep 2016 00:03 #54227 by Pegaz
Unfortunately , i don't know and have no idea how to check how often the naze is sending the telemetry updates, but it's all very slow .
Last edit: 25 Sep 2016 00:03 by Pegaz.

More
25 Sep 2016 00:37 - 25 Sep 2016 00:39 #54228 by Cereal_Killer
Mine is instantaneous, zero noticeable lag for things like altitude / Vspeed and voltage, every second for GPS. Running one s.port and one frsky telemetry, running cf1.13 and iNav, telemetry on port SS1 on both.

Last edit: 25 Sep 2016 00:39 by Cereal_Killer.

More
25 Sep 2016 06:31 - 25 Sep 2016 09:08 #54234 by Pegaz
Same setup here so how come?? Could you tell me a few things:
1. Which exactly version of fw for devo 7e Ultimate you've got installed?
2. Are u running frsky telemetry @9600 ?
3. What are the settings of your frsky protocol: any course/fine frequency tuning or all stock there?
4. What flight controller board are you using?

I even moved the gps to uart2 to run it at higher baud (38400 now). Also I was wondering if parameter in CLI frsky_unit = IMPERIAL does matter or makes any difference, as I'd prefer it in METRIC ?
Video of how my telemetry is working:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B7SacC_0VeiwTmcxQ1pVeWlIMVk
Last edit: 25 Sep 2016 09:08 by Pegaz.

More
25 Sep 2016 14:36 #54250 by Cereal_Killer

Pegaz wrote: Same setup here so how come?? Could you tell me a few things:
1. Which exactly version of fw for devo 7e Ultimate you've got installed?
2. Are u running frsky telemetry @9600 ?
3. What are the settings of your frsky protocol: any course/fine frequency tuning or all stock there?
4. What flight controller board are you using?

I even moved the gps to uart2 to run it at higher baud (38400 now). Also I was wondering if parameter in CLI frsky_unit = IMPERIAL does matter or makes any difference, as I'd prefer it in METRIC ?
Video of how my telemetry is working:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B7SacC_0VeiwTmcxQ1pVeWlIMVk

l have GPS on one [naze based] so I'll assume you want to know if most about it.

It's my wife's flying wing:
+ D4R-ii w/ updated FW
+ Naze32 rev6 (which I converted to rev6a by adding the diode to block 5v from usb getting to the servo rail)
+ iNav current release build
+ I've just updated my 7e again (however everything's worked correctly for the last several builds I've had on it)
+ ports like this:
-UART1 Bluetooth module @115k (because of how BT works it doesn't conflict with USB)
-UART2 GPS @56K
-SS1 FRSKY telemetry @ 9600 (NOT AUTO, though I don't think it matters much if it's auto but I specify). Note its hooked up "correct"; pin 5 TX to receiver input
-SS2 OSD @ 9600 (at this baud I'm not able to use the AH as it updates to slow to read correct so OSD info is more basic, home direction indicator and distance, batt & rssi, gps ground speed,vertical speed and altitude and gps coordinates.
+ zero course / fine tuning (left as is)

Funny you ask about imperial vs metric as I CAN NOT get mine to read in imperial units lol. I prefer meters but it's my wife's plane and she prefers feet.

May as well list the other build I fly with my 7e...
+ X4R-SB
+ F3 mini FC
+ betaflight stable
+ ports like this:
-UART1 Bluetooth module @115k (F3 boards don't use a UART for usb so no conflict there)
-UART2 S.BUS input
-UART3 S.Port telemetry @ 38500 (no real reason not to use auto but why not set it...)
-SS1 OSD @ 19200
+ +20 fine tuning

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds