Frsky compatibility

More
25 Sep 2016 14:46 - 25 Sep 2016 19:07 #54251 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Frsky compatibility
Note that even the best available gps module (genuine M8N) only updates the FC at 1hz (1 time per second), even if it's sold as a "5hz" or even "10hz" GPS the flight controller doesn't not care, it only accepts gps input data at 1hz so there's no real reason to waste a real HW UART just to run it faster. 9600baud is more than enough for a 1hz update and that's more than enough for softserial.

I HIGHLY DOUBT this matters but do you configure your GPS module manually or let CF do it at each power cycle? I DO NOT LET CF reconfigure the gps module, I set it once (then lock those settings in U-center) then tell CF NOT TO mess with it.
If you want to try follow the settings in the CF wiki / docu.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 25 Sep 2016 19:07 by Cereal_Killer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2016 18:02 - 25 Sep 2016 18:02 #54256 by Pegaz
Replied by Pegaz on topic Frsky compatibility
Thanks for that Cereal_Killer, have u had a chance to see the video of how my telemetry is working? (I've got nothing else to compare it with) Cheers
Last edit: 25 Sep 2016 18:02 by Pegaz.

More
29 Sep 2016 09:11 #54392 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Frsky compatibility
Just grab an Eachine X73 micro.. with a nanoRX D8... and I got an extremely poor range (~3-4m)....... with my 7E+CC2500 BG chip. In general I got s super good range with such receiver...

I guess the XTAL of this new receiver is totally crapp and FH poorly done ?

More
30 Sep 2016 03:33 #54418 by C0ckpitvue 777
Replied by C0ckpitvue 777 on topic Frsky compatibility
Wow that's scary to know.I appreciate confirmation one way or the other.I would like to know is it safe to fly my eachine 250 racer with my frsky D4r2 receiver with the deviated frsky protocol with my devo 10 with a 3in1 from banggood installed?.I wish I would of read up on these posst before flying my xk-x251,trust me you don't want to know,lol.Any feedback is greatly appreciated and thanks very much to all that makes deviation aviation a pleasant experience for this awesome community.

More
30 Sep 2016 20:16 #54454 by C0ckpitvue 777
Does anyone know how to set the fail safe for the d4r-ii receiver on a devo 10?I tried to do it the way it's done on the taranus holding bind button for 2 seconds but it didn;t set or beep like on the x9.I'm using the frsky protocol.

More
01 Oct 2016 07:03 - 01 Oct 2016 07:04 #54459 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Frsky compatibility
Just follow the d4r-ii manual. Set the Devo 10 controller to the failsafe values, then tap the f/s button on the Rx. The light blinks to let you know it's set.

Then change things and turn off the Tx to test it.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2016 07:04 by mwm.

More
01 Oct 2016 09:18 #54461 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Frsky compatibility
With my Frsky DHT-U transmitter, there is also a failsave button on the TX, when pressing it set store the failsave at the RX (once and for all), tested with D series D4R-II and D8R.

Indeed another option is set failsave by pushing button at the R, but once inside the model at the field is not so practical.

More
01 Oct 2016 13:57 #54466 by C0ckpitvue 777
Thanks for your reply,I will test it when my racer gets here but still didn't see no indicator(blinking lights).

More
01 Oct 2016 14:01 - 01 Oct 2016 14:02 #54467 by C0ckpitvue 777
Thanks,I will be putting this in a 250 racer,don't want to assume it's set .If that racer loses signal and it's not set correctly to failsafe,it can be ugly.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2016 14:02 by C0ckpitvue 777.

More
02 Oct 2016 06:33 #54497 by mwm
I don't know of any deviation protocol that has a "set failsafe" option. Those that set it from the Tx either do it at bind time, or pretty much all the time. Given that it can be triggered from the Tx, we could probably add it using the existing channel failsafe mechanisms, setting it from them either after binding or connecting. However, it'll take someone with a Tx that supports that doing a data capture so we know how. Since the FrSky protocols are being worked on now, it's a good time to do this.

More
02 Oct 2016 16:47 #54516 by C0ckpitvue 777
Thanks for the feedback mwm,I got an analyzer,Is it possible to take captures of the receiver?I am very much willing just need some assistance with the pinout.

More
02 Oct 2016 21:44 - 02 Oct 2016 21:50 #54524 by Pegaz
Replied by Pegaz on topic Frsky compatibility
I really don't know what is the hassle with failsafe??? Got 2x d4r-ii and devo 7e. I never cared if it blinks , beeps or whatever. I just set my tx to failsafe values I want to have and then press fs button on my receiver - can't remember if it's just one quick press or holding down for second or two. Why is it so difficult to check? All you need to do is going back to "normal operation tx
settings" connect the whole thing via usb to cleanflight or whatever you're using ,switching off the transmitter and you see straight away whether failsafe works/activates or not... Is this what you ment?
Last edit: 02 Oct 2016 21:50 by Pegaz.

More
02 Oct 2016 22:48 - 02 Oct 2016 22:49 #54527 by C0ckpitvue 777
My understanding with this receiver D4r2 is that if the fail safe is not set correctly once the signal is breached the vehicle will continue to fly.I set the receiver up to my devo 10 using the regular frsky protocol but when attempting to set fail safe according to frsky instructions and the way you explain it with the fs button press there was no indication (blinking) it was set.I watched a you tube video with someone setting it to the taranus getting the indication it was set.Waiting for my racer to arrive to walk it out of range idled low to see if it was set successful,or I might go the route and check it in libre pilot.I'm a noob at much of this,don't want to hurt nobody and catch no charges by cracking someones cranium flying a quadcopter,just want to fly safe and take every precaution to enjoy this hobby.Thanks for the feedback,I greatly appreciate it.God bless.
Last edit: 02 Oct 2016 22:49 by C0ckpitvue 777.

More
02 Oct 2016 23:43 #54529 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Frsky compatibility
If you can get a capture we can look at implementing this feature. Seems like you need a DHT-U or an opentx transmitter to initiate the failsafe command.

How would we trigger sending the command in deviation? It can't be automatic because you don't want to overwrite the failsafe values in the receiver at every connect or bind. And this feature is intended to be used in flight, presumably after you've trimmed your aircraft for stable slow descent.

The deviation mechanism for telling a protocol "do this now" is by inputs assigned to channels. Taking a cue from the toy quads, would we add a phantom 9th channel that sends the "set failsafe" command on negative to positive transition? Then you can set a mixer to control the channel if you want? That seems awkward, especially for a well-defined hobby protocol.

More
04 Oct 2016 09:23 #54576 by mwm

C0ckpitvue 777 wrote: Thanks for the feedback mwm,I got an analyzer,Is it possible to take captures of the receiver?I am very much willing just need some assistance with the pinout.

You have to do the captures on the transmitter. We have to emulate what the transmitter is doing.

You want to capture the spi command to the cc2500 module.

More
04 Oct 2016 15:58 #54590 by C0ckpitvue 777
Which tx,the devo 10?

More
08 Oct 2016 00:03 - 08 Oct 2016 00:04 #54704 by C0ckpitvue 777
Today I walked my eachine 250 racer out of range,not to mention a very long walk,lol great range with the 3in1 cc2500 from banggood installed using the frsky d4r2 rx and devo 10 @150 mw.Once the signal was lost the motors shut down.The failsafe w/out any indication does work but I would still suggest doing a like test to be definite.Thanks for all the feedback and help in this,I greatly appreciate the willingness of your time.In particular mwm and hexfet.God bless.
Last edit: 08 Oct 2016 00:04 by C0ckpitvue 777.

More
10 Oct 2016 19:52 #54801 by sfersystem
Replied by sfersystem on topic Frsky compatibility
Same setup with cc2500 pa lna and OSH multimodule in my DEVO10 and DR4-II on my 250 quad, i got about 400meters before RSSI bip (50db) in open space.

Could we expect more range with this setup ?

i'm using a standard 3dbi 2.4 antenna.

More
10 Oct 2016 20:06 - 10 Oct 2016 20:11 #54802 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Frsky compatibility
Yes, your rssi warning is set too high. Try 45 /1rst and 42/sec warning.
Link termination will be about 35-37....(frsky & devo old style setting)

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 10 Oct 2016 20:11 by aMax.

More
11 Oct 2016 05:00 #54813 by sfersystem
Replied by sfersystem on topic Frsky compatibility

aMax wrote: Yes, your rssi warning is set too high. Try 45 /1rst and 42/sec warning.
Link termination will be about 35-37....(frsky & devo old style setting)

Will try, thx

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds