Frsky compatibility

More
28 Feb 2016 21:42 #43859 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic Frsky compatibility
Thx djdazzy

I'm losing my Latin here with all these protocol versions. What a load of crap!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2016 23:38 #43864 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Frsky compatibility
..let me add something to this, EU sucks with all the regulations.
I am one of their citizens. :sick:

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
29 Feb 2016 02:47 #43868 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Frsky compatibility
Are you saying the current EU versions of the Taranis and the upcoming Horus can't be flashed with new versions of OpenTx? Wow, that really does suck.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
29 Feb 2016 11:27 #43874 by Thomas.Heiss

More
29 Feb 2016 12:07 #43876 by djdazzy
Replied by djdazzy on topic Frsky compatibility

mwm wrote: Are you saying the current EU versions of the Taranis and the upcoming Horus can't be flashed with new versions of OpenTx? Wow, that really does suck.

The opentx is ok and can be reflashed, the internal XJT module is going to be locked down with fixed firmware which can only be reflashed by the local distributer.

More
29 Feb 2016 12:10 #43877 by djdazzy
Replied by djdazzy on topic Frsky compatibility

More
01 Mar 2016 07:05 #43927 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic Frsky compatibility
Nice info Thomas thank you..

More
06 Mar 2016 10:19 #44183 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Frsky compatibility
I did some realtive measurements on radiated output Power. I made a small Rf detector 100uA meter with Rf diode and resitor. Just picking up signal in the air.
I found Frsky defenitively have the most radiation! More than 5 time that of dsm2?
But it seem correct because also my stock Frsky DHT-U module output a lot of power, maybe even bit more.Second is Flysky a7105, half power of Frsky.
Devo protocol seem output not so much but still double the power of Spectrum DSM2

But what I found interesting is setting output level to minimum 100uW, the output of Frsky protocol is still quite strong, about power level of Sepktrum dsm 2 at full power.

When testing in range check with my original Frsky DHT-U, my detector does not anymore detect RF output.
Basically that mean that setting deviation at minimum power 100uW, it is not equal to do a range check mode.
That also does confirm my finding as I have still huge range on 100uW minimum power using Frsky, I stopped walking......
Maybe we should fully disable PA in range check?

More
06 Mar 2016 13:32 #44191 by aMax
We better remove the range check as it is misleading with all these different modules.
It would be better to set a reasonable output power for each one as we did before this check was introduced.
I never used this check and removing would save some bytes on the 7e....;-)

More
07 Mar 2016 08:19 #44209 by mwm
The range check was added after users requested it because they wound up accidently tried flying at the "range check" level after doing it manually. If your rf module doesn't have a PA, then it won't do the range check and tell you that. So the only problem with it is that the actual output value and the reported value are only vaguely related, but that also a problem if you do the range check manually. So no, don't expect it to go away. Maybe on the 7e, but frankly I'd rather the 7e went away...

More
07 Mar 2016 18:42 #44228 by Fernandez
Oh actually I did not use range check function, just wentto power and selected lowest setting 100uW. When testing Field strengt at 100uw Frsky D protocol, I could still detect quite a lot of power. (about same strength as dsm2, at full power)

Using stock Frsky DHT-U, at range check there is no signal measured with my detector.

Therefore I want to make clear that 100uW setting is too high output power and is not representative for a range check. Maybe we need to switch off fully the PA at the module?

More
05 Apr 2016 00:51 - 05 Apr 2016 00:55 #45808 by aMax
Can anyone tell me if the RSSI output has been recalculated since the nightly of 1.October (devo7e-v4.0.1-2cde795)?
The rx value on my 7e was all the same as on the FLD-02, but now with version devo7e-v4.0.1-f5d851e it is less.
Old (2m distance) >115 to 121 and now 99 to 105.
To verify this I used two receivers of the same type for testing.

Bear with me if I missed a posting on that.

Last edit: 05 Apr 2016 00:55 by aMax.

More
05 Apr 2016 16:04 #45842 by mwm
My accidental merge of my FrSky telemetry rework was backed out since then. Since I'm not sure when that happened, I can't say if that was already in what you had before. I also don't think that change included a change to RSSI calculations.

One quick check - did the old version present it as a percentage and the new one as a dB value? If so, then the calculations changed from SebyDocky's percentage to use FrSky's RSSI values.

At this point, we're waiting on the FrSky X telemetry code to get done and merged back into the FrSky telemetry. The current code has a lot of known issues that that should address.

More
05 Apr 2016 19:53 - 05 Apr 2016 20:18 #45860 by aMax
Only digits, no notation...
Long story short, if I find some time i will reflash the Devo and take my DFT & the FLD-02 as reference.

Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Apr 2016 20:18 by aMax.

More
06 Apr 2016 12:25 - 06 Apr 2016 12:37 #45914 by aMax
Flashed back and forth, no noticable difference. So the special nightly seems not to cause this issue.

The main reason might be a newer firmware version on the receivers which I had flashed after the second one arrived.
Sorry, forgot about it.
Well, they give me different readings, 101 vs 107(older one, different antenna cable).
The DFT is now in the same range.

In addition it is most likely I even used an older nightly on the first testings.( July??).
I have to investigate on this.

Hence I will stop here and continue at RCGroups( rx firmware)
Thanks for attention.

Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Apr 2016 12:37 by aMax.

More
06 Apr 2016 13:30 #45917 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Frsky compatibility

mwm wrote: My accidental merge of my FrSky telemetry rework was backed out since then. Since I'm not sure when that happened, I can't say if that was already in what you had before. I also don't think that change included a change to RSSI calculations.

One quick check - did the old version present it as a percentage and the new one as a dB value? If so, then the calculations changed from SebyDocky's percentage to use FrSky's RSSI values.

At this point, we're waiting on the FrSky X telemetry code to get done and merged back into the FrSky telemetry. The current code has a lot of known issues that that should address.

I agree it's better to display in dB ...

More
06 Apr 2016 14:04 #45919 by Fernandez
My preference would to follow the same RSSI indicator as also used by Frsky Open Pilot in Taranis.
Doing that way we can setup alarms and compare RSSI tests and fuctioning using Manufacturar recommendations.

More
06 Apr 2016 16:13 #45938 by mwm

Fernandez wrote: My preference would to follow the same RSSI indicator as also used by Frsky Open Pilot in Taranis.
Doing that way we can setup alarms and compare RSSI tests and fuctioning using Manufacturar recommendations.

That's why I changed it from the percentage value. Since SebyDocky prefers it, I don't believe this is under debate at this point. The only reason I mentioned it is the possibility that it was a known change that might aMax might have seen.

More
10 Aug 2016 12:01 #52648 by petsmith
Replied by petsmith on topic Frsky D8 Telemetry
I can get the basic telemetry from a D4R-II to my Devo 7e, such as RSSI & receiver voltage. I've hooked up a Telemetry connection from a Cleanflight FC to D4R-II via the data port. But I couldn't get any additional telemetry data on the Devo 7e, such as the Lipo voltage of the the model. I understand this additional telemetry is supported on the new FrskyX protocol. Does anyone know if it works on the older D series receivers?

More
10 Aug 2016 13:35 #52652 by Nitro_123
Replied by Nitro_123 on topic Frsky D8 Telemetry
I believe it doesn't petsmith. The devo 7e has limited hardware capabilities and thus cannot run the full set of telemetry even with the new x receivers.
If you want full telemetry you will have to make your 7e an ultimate 7e. Googling around a bit and searching the forums will give you heaps of info :D

If i said something wrong someone please correct me :D

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds