Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?

More
01 Aug 2015 01:19 #36415 by danbo98042
Replied by danbo98042 on topic 7E not binding to H8 mini
Hello everyone,
I have installed devo7e-v4.0.1-fa97112 to my Devo 7E. I have installed and tried three model.ini files from this site. I reset FixedID to None. I can't get any of these to bind to my H8 mini. Can someone please tell me where to look for help troubleshooting this?
Note: My H8 mini will bind with the stock Tx. My 7E will bind to my Walkera Ladybird. It will not bind to my Syma X-1 like it used to. I have also failed to bind to my Tarantula X6 with the V202 protocol and V222.ini.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2015 01:38 #36416 by Richard96816
Replied by Richard96816 on topic 7E not binding to H8 mini
Don't forget to copy over the stuff in the protocols directory. Make sure the H8 mini is on flat, steady ground. And hold the transmitter close to it ...

More
01 Aug 2015 01:57 #36418 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic 7E not binding to H8 mini

danbo98042 wrote: Hello everyone,
I have installed devo7e-v4.0.1-fa97112 to my Devo 7E. I have installed and tried three model.ini files from this site. I reset FixedID to None. I can't get any of these to bind to my H8 mini. Can someone please tell me where to look for help troubleshooting this?
Note: My H8 mini will bind with the stock Tx. My 7E will bind to my Walkera Ladybird. It will not bind to my Syma X-1 like it used to. I have also failed to bind to my Tarantula X6 with the V202 protocol and V222.ini.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Dan

I think you don't have an nRF24L01 module installed at your Devo 7e. Right?
This protocol, requires an nRF24L01 module.

More
02 Aug 2015 23:05 #36494 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic 7E not binding to H8 mini
I've updated the test builds based on some feedback on the pull request. If you have a chance please test. Nothing new, just want to make sure everything still works. Thanks!

More
02 Aug 2015 23:18 - 02 Aug 2015 23:20 #36495 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
Tested, no problem at all. Working as previous build.

Edit. I tested using my local repo with your latest commits, not using your test build at download area. I guess should not be any difference.
Last edit: 02 Aug 2015 23:20 by Durete.

More
07 Aug 2015 19:12 #36652 by ogrope1
Replied by ogrope1 on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
I cant get a bind on mine, what protocol is it on? Any one willing to share there ini. file?

More
07 Aug 2015 22:17 #36659 by Durete

ogrope1 wrote: I cant get a bind on mine, what protocol is it on? Any one willing to share there ini. file?

I replied to you at RcGroups, but I reply here again. You need to install the Combo version from Hexfet under Test Builds at Downloads zone.

www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...exfet-protocol-combo

More
09 Aug 2015 01:14 - 09 Aug 2015 01:17 #36695 by Zaphod
Replied by Zaphod on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
Eachine H8 Model file for Devo 10:

Rud D/R1 = Throttle Hold
FMODE0 = Expo 25, Scale 60 on Ail / Ele / Rud
FMODE1 = Expo 25, Scale 80 on Ali / Ele / Rud
FMODE 2 = Expo 25, Scale 100 on Ail / Ele Scale 125 on Rud
Ele D/R1 = Flip
Ail D/R1 = Headless mode
AUX4 = reset timers (both countdown and stopwatch)
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Aug 2015 01:17 by Zaphod. Reason: Added AUX4 info

More
09 Aug 2015 03:47 - 09 Aug 2015 04:10 #36700 by mgraham
Replied by mgraham on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
I have a Devo 7e with the nrf mod installed and have been using it with my fy326. I tried to load the protocol_combo build and used the 7e .ini posted to this thread, but was unable to bind to my brother's x8. I then tried to bind to my fy326 and was not able to. I'm sure I must be doing something silly?

After I loaded the protocol_combo build, I wiped my filesystem, replaced it with the filesystem from the latest nightly build, copied the protocols from the combo build, and then re-added my ini files. When this didn't work, I tried starting from the beginning: 4.0.1 firmware and filesystem, then nightly firmware and filesystem, and then the fy326 test build firmware, protocols, and ini files. Still no go.

I'm very new to this so I'm hoping that I've just missed / forgotten something obvious? Thanks in advance for any insight any of you can provide.

Edit:

I figured out my problem(s).

1) I forgot to re-enable my nrf module after replacing my filesystem
2) When I flash a new firmware, it looks l need to replace the filesystem. After I re-enabled my nrf module with the fy326 firmware, I tried loading the combo firmware and then tried the h8 without doing anything with the filesystem. When that didn't work, I looked at my hardware.ini and it was munged. I erased everything, put the nightly FS on, put the combo protocols on, re-enabled the nrf, etc and then I was good! I can now fly the fy326 and the h8 no problem!
Last edit: 09 Aug 2015 04:10 by mgraham.

More
22 Aug 2015 10:08 #37132 by ThomasDB
Replied by ThomasDB on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
It is working very well.
I have to make some changes to curve to have it hover at 50% throttle.
These are my 7 point:

point 1 : -100
point 2: -27
point 3: 7
point 4: 30
point 5: 50
point 6: 75
point 7: 100

The link posted previously does not work any more, I have user this link:

http://www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/198-hexfet-bayang

More
25 Aug 2015 17:04 - 25 Aug 2015 17:12 #37205 by Peaceliker
Replied by Peaceliker on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?

dc59 wrote:

Phillycopter8 wrote: Hi I'm still new to deviationtx, would a complete novice be able to put this new protocol on a devo 7e transmitter? Am I better off waiting for a new nightly build to install because I have now idea what to do with the links in this thread? Cheers guys, looking forward to flying the h8 mini with the devo 7e!

EDIT:: I had to be signed in to download the devo 7e test build.. I just install it like a nightly correct? Thanks

Yes, you can download newest test build HERE
or follow these steps to download it.

Installation is almost same as NightlyBuild, after upgrade .dfu file ,you just copy "protocol" directory to usb drive.

HI!

Maybe am an idiot, but i cant flash this version to my devo7e.
I installed deviation 4.0.1 well, its work.
After that i flashed b381655 dfu and copy (without formating) the protocol directory. After that if i wanna go to manu its empty, theres no menu points.
Help please :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Aug 2015 17:12 by Peaceliker.

More
25 Aug 2015 22:03 #37209 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?

Peaceliker wrote: I installed deviation 4.0.1 well, its work.
After that i flashed b381655 dfu and copy (without formating) the protocol directory. After that if i wanna go to manu its empty, theres no menu points.
Help please :)

You might try a full install of the latest Nightly Build first, including the filesystem. If that works then installing the Test Build on top of that should work. I don't remember for sure if there's a filesystem difference from 4.0.1 in the nightly build, but that would explain the symptom.

More
26 Aug 2015 15:35 #37217 by Peaceliker
Replied by Peaceliker on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?

hexfet wrote: You might try a full install of the latest Nightly Build first, including the filesystem. If that works then installing the Test Build on top of that should work. I don't remember for sure if there's a filesystem difference from 4.0.1 in the nightly build, but that would explain the symptom.

This way works well, thanks :)

More
29 Aug 2015 12:03 - 30 Aug 2015 13:14 #37280 by Durete
Since I have an X9 old/original version using different protocol, I captured SPI traces to take a look and try to implement as a protocol option just in case they are similar to latest Bayang protocol. The old/original version from X6/X7 and X9 share this protocol.
I found this protocol as an oddball protocol using a huge data packet, 2 bytes for every function/channel and no frequency hopping :huh:
I guess don't worth to work on this protocol since is a discontinued model and this model started to be famous after Bayang Toys change the protocol, so not a lot of people have this models.
Anyway, just in case someone want to take a look or as future reference here are the captures:

X9 SPI Traces
Last edit: 30 Aug 2015 13:14 by Durete. Reason: Shared file modified

More
12 Sep 2015 04:24 - 12 Sep 2015 04:34 #37668 by retrobits
Replied by retrobits on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
I've flown a half dozen small quads prior to H8 mini, of which the Blade Nano QX was probably the best. The deviated H8 mini blows them all away. Its so quiet and stable for precision flying indoors. Crank up the rate, and with its steep pitch, it has tons of speed and wind fighting power. The highest speed yaw is jaw dropping and just a little hard for me to control, but mid-range is just about perfect. Can't thank you all enough for making this dirt cheap quad so much fun to fly. I like the white one, as the leds light up the whole body at night. I ordered a half dozen more from banggood during the sale for $12 each. Now, what to do with all those tiny controllers? Maybe I can use them for shipment packaging instead of foam peanuts.
Last edit: 12 Sep 2015 04:34 by retrobits.

More
12 Sep 2015 05:41 #37672 by Richard96816
Replied by Richard96816 on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
Hey, retro,

I'm impressed with the H8 mini too. When Durete mentioned that the BayangToys X9 had a compatible transmitter I ordered one of those, hoping to tame the H8. (I was in too much of a hurry to wait for the Deviation protocol to be finished.) The X9 turned out to be a wonderful flier. At least with Deviation. It's transmitter was much better than the H8's, but still pretty awful. But the X9 is a well-balanced, well-behaved, joy. Super light. Jumps skyward faster than anything I can remember. Tilts into the wind like crazy. Descends well too. Makes wonderfully balanced turns. Indoors or out it's a great performer.

I ordered a couple more X9s yesterday. :-)

More
12 Sep 2015 07:49 #37673 by Durete
If you are surprised with the Bayang X9, don't miss the Bayang X7. It's even better! :)

More
12 Sep 2015 08:59 #37678 by Richard96816
Replied by Richard96816 on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?

Durete wrote: If you are surprised with the Bayang X9, don't miss the Bayang X7. It's even better! :)

Hmm. Was wondering about that. But how could it be better, it's a smaller number.
:-)

More
12 Sep 2015 13:24 - 12 Sep 2015 13:27 #37684 by retrobits
Replied by retrobits on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
The X7 looks good except for the non removable battery, which is a deal breaker for me.
I'm tempted to order one and try to solder on a connector and cut an opening in the body.

"THE FIRST ONE WHICH CAN FLY OUTSIDE IN THE WIND WEATHER"

i want it....
Last edit: 12 Sep 2015 13:27 by retrobits.

More
12 Sep 2015 13:54 #37685 by Durete
The X9 is more crash friendly than X7 because his flexible frame, but flying outside the X7 is even better because that.
With very hard maneuvers using Deviation, the X9's frame flexes sometimes doing weird things. The X7 doesn't suffer this problem. :)
IMO the X9 is awesome indoors, the X7 is awesome outdoor (BTW, also indoor ) :)

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds