Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?

More
21 Jul 2015 22:33 - 21 Jul 2015 23:03 #35752 by Richard96816
Replied by Richard96816 on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
Quadcopter 101 says you can fly the H8 mini with the BayangToys X9 controller, but it doesn't seem to be able to enable headless mode.

Spoke too soon. The video notes say the X9 controller will toggle headless mode with throttle trim up. Return home with throttle trim down.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2015 23:03 by Richard96816.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2015 22:44 #35753 by vasiliy_gr
Replied by vasiliy_gr on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
Quadcopter101 is mistaken. I think that he simply forgot where are on Bayangtoys TX the buttons for headless/RTH.

More
21 Jul 2015 22:47 #35754 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?

vasiliy_gr wrote: Quadcopter101 is mistaken. I think that he simply forgot where are on Bayangtoys TX the buttons for headless/RTH.

1000% Agree :lol:

More
21 Jul 2015 22:59 - 21 Jul 2015 23:00 #35755 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
Come on guys, it's time to see independent not sponsored reviewers. :P
About the Headless mode on H8 mini using the Bayang TX, jump to 1:29 time :

Last edit: 21 Jul 2015 23:00 by Durete.

More
21 Jul 2015 23:08 #35757 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?

hexfet wrote: So we've got the flip and expert mode controls sorted. Still a bit of confusion on the headless/RTH control. It's possible the H8 and Xx models work differently here. Need more captures to figure this out. One that captures both turning on and off headless mode, and another with the same for RTH.

Is there a calibration procedure that should be captured?

I've uploaded a new test build that moves the flip control to channel 6. It also goes back to using random txid, rf address, and rf channels. Please give it a try and let us know.

If that works then we can try some dynamic trims ;)

Hi hexfet,
I captured new SPI data :
www.mediafire.com/download/ku7eouay3om1i...-Headless-Normal.zip

Press one time left stick (one beep) -> RTH
move AIL/ELE (right stick) (non stop beep) -> Headless
Press one more time left stick -> normal mode

More
21 Jul 2015 23:28 #35760 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?

Richard96816 wrote: 1. Flip 'mode' is always cancelled after one flip on each of my H8minis.
2. Headless mode is toggled with the left stick. On and off. And it works quite well. Saved my quad from loss over the weekend. Always calibrate headless mode before outdoor flights now. Easy to switch it on when you lose orientation. No need for RTH. Headless mode is the solution. Not much fun for flying, but great for recovery.
3. Staying in expert mode sounds good on the surface. But the yaw rate is crazy fast. Too fast. I hope we don't lose resolution with expert-only.
4. There are two different calibrations. (This bird has everything!) Both sticks to bottom left calibrates headless mode. To bottom right is standard calibration.
5. At least one of my birds is a little touchy on binding. More reliable with the transmitter held close. Range on all birds is otherwise quite good. Out of sight long before control is lost.

Edit: Knew I forgot something ...
6. Flip is accessible in both rates, low and high (expert.)

1. It's typical for the "flip bit" to be momentary - set it high and the next cyclic stick movement will trigger a flip, even if the bit is already set to low. On my devo 10 I put it on an upper trim button, so one press gives one flip.
3. Need some comments on any loss of resolution. My assertion is it won't matter due to the small max angle, but want to hear from the pilots.
4. Good news - no extra channels for calibration.
5. is thie binding issue with devo or the stock tx or both?

More
21 Jul 2015 23:40 #35761 by Richard96816

hexfet wrote: ...
3. Need some comments on any loss of resolution. My assertion is it won't matter due to the small max angle, but want to hear from the pilots.

I was concerned with yaw resolution. In high rate (for max pitch, which IS significant) the yaw rate is insane. It will need to be dialed back considerably to be flyable.

More
21 Jul 2015 23:42 - 21 Jul 2015 23:43 #35762 by Richard96816
The binding issue was only with stock.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2015 23:43 by Richard96816.

More
21 Jul 2015 23:47 #35763 by hexfet

dc59 wrote: Hi hexfet,

Perfect, thanks!

There is a separate bit for Headless, which I've implemented on channel 9. What was on 9 is the RTH control, which I've moved to channel 10. However the stock tx automatically turns off RTH when enabling Headless. I've left the controls separate in the protocol implementation, but don't know how the quad will react when both are on. Please try (be wary of unexpected behavior) and let us know what happens. My guess is it will just stay in RTH if both controls are on.

The test build and repo are updated.
- random txid and rf params. please test a couple different fixed ids.
- flip control on channel six
- headless on 9
- RTH on 10

More
22 Jul 2015 00:05 - 22 Jul 2015 00:11 #35764 by dc59

hexfet wrote:

dc59 wrote: Hi hexfet,

Perfect, thanks!

There is a separate bit for Headless, which I've implemented on channel 9. What was on 9 is the RTH control, which I've moved to channel 10. However the stock tx automatically turns off RTH when enabling Headless. I've left the controls separate in the protocol implementation, but don't know how the quad will react when both are on. Please try (be wary of unexpected behavior) and let us know what happens. My guess is it will just stay in RTH if both controls are on.

The test build and repo are updated.
- random txid and rf params. please test a couple different fixed ids.
- flip control on channel six
- headless on 9
- RTH on 10

Hi hexfet,

I have tested
- random txid and rf params. please test a couple different fixed ids. => No Problem with different fixed ids,it's OK!
- flip control on channel six => Tested OK!

Stock TX seems not able to enter headless mode directly, when I pressed left stick, it always enter RTH mode first.

Sorry about confusion on headless & RTH !
Because I'm on work now, I could test new build later today , maybe somebody will test it first!

Thank you very much on this protocol.
Last edit: 22 Jul 2015 00:11 by dc59.

More
22 Jul 2015 00:08 #35765 by dc59

SeByDocKy wrote: why flips are not in CH6 ?

Hi Seby,

It's my fault, I provided wrong info. to Hexfet, but now it's fixed in newest test build.

Would you please help for MJX SPI data? I got some problem.
www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...pture-guide?start=20
www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...se-protocol?start=80
Thanks.

More
22 Jul 2015 00:15 #35766 by dc59

Richard96816 wrote: The binding issue was only with stock.

I also have binding problem with stock TX,don't know reason yet.

More
22 Jul 2015 00:59 #35768 by vasiliy_gr
Tested new version (H8mini and X9). Headless now working. Everything else also.

If headless and RTH are together on - works RTH (doesn't matter what was first on). If both are on and we switch off one of them - the remaining works. So no logical problems.

More
22 Jul 2015 01:14 #35769 by T.N.
Replied by T.N. on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
Question please. I currently run the test version that runs Hontai protocol on my Devo 7e. There are 2 other test builds FY326 and Bayang. I can only install and run either one but not all? I'd like to keep the Hontai and at the same time testing FY326 and Bayang.
Please advise. Thanks

More
22 Jul 2015 01:17 - 22 Jul 2015 01:23 #35771 by hexfet

vasiliy_gr wrote: Tested new version (H8mini and X9). Headless now working. Everything else also.

If headless and RTH are together on - works RTH (doesn't matter what was first on). If both are on and we switch off one of them - the remaining works. So no logical problems.

Great, thanks much! Would you please try a couple different fixed ids with the new build?

You mentioned earlier that yaw scales of 40/75/125 match the normal/expert modes of the stock tx. Is that also true for rudder and pitch? Do you notice any flyability issues with control resolution at the lower scales?

The second video also mentioned three rates, but we only have captures for two. Is the middle rate a feature of the X9 tx only?
Last edit: 22 Jul 2015 01:23 by hexfet.

More
22 Jul 2015 01:36 #35774 by hexfet

T.N. wrote: Question please. I currently run the test version that runs Hontai protocol on my Devo 7e. There are 2 other test builds FY326 and Bayang. I can only install and run either one but not all? I'd like to keep the Hontai and at the same time testing FY326 and Bayang.
Please advise. Thanks

Currently you'd need to make your own build. If you have any interest at all it's worth doing - start with setting up the build environment . If not I can make a combined build once the development's done.

More
22 Jul 2015 01:38 #35775 by vasiliy_gr

hexfet wrote: Great, thanks much! Would you please try a couple different fixed ids with the new build?

Already checked 3 different fixed ids. And my in-head RNG failed after that. :)

You mentioned earlier that yaw scales of 40/75/125 match the normal/expert modes of the stock tx. Is that also true for rudder and pitch? Do you notice any flyability issues with control resolution at the lower scales?

I was not right with 125, as it is the same as 100... Now I switched to 40-60-100 for rudder. It is not completely equal for stock TX values (I mean bayangtoys' one). But as for me it is quite comfortable indoors for H8mini (X7/X9 do not need limits lower than 100).

As for pitch I set it to 60-80-100 (independent of rudder limit). It is not related to stock TX values - simply some lower values for my unexperienced friends and neighbours.

As for control resolution - I can feel nothing bad.

The second video also mentioned three rates, but we only have captures for two. Is the middle rate a feature of the X9 tx only?

TX-s of X7/X9 have first rate - the lowest one - that unavailable on H8's TX.

More
22 Jul 2015 02:08 - 22 Jul 2015 02:14 #35777 by T.N.
Replied by T.N. on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
Thanks. I begin to understand a bit more how things work :) so I'll try setting the build environment. But while I do that, a combined test build would be much appreciated.
Last edit: 22 Jul 2015 02:14 by T.N..

More
22 Jul 2015 02:30 - 22 Jul 2015 02:45 #35778 by greenfly
Replied by greenfly on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?

hexfet wrote: Currently you'd need to make your own build. If you have any interest at all it's worth doing - start with setting up the build environment . If not I can make a combined build once the development's done.

I've got my build environment setup in Windows with TortoiseHG. I can clone a repo (like the main Deviation trunk) and build successfully, so I think I have everything in place. Can you describe how to make a combined build?

- Do I need to have a bitbucket account in order to merge branches together and compile a custom build?

- Can you roughly describe the process of
--> Cloning the main trunk
--> Merging in the protocol from branch X
--> Merging in a second protocol from branch Y

(Or let me know if I should start a new topic on this)

Thanks
Last edit: 22 Jul 2015 02:45 by greenfly.

More
22 Jul 2015 03:28 #35779 by hexfet

vasiliy_gr wrote: Already checked 3 different fixed ids. And my in-head RNG failed after that. :)

Good. I'll leave everything random until someone reports a problem.

I was not right with 125, as it is the same as 100... Now I switched to 40-60-100 for rudder. It is not completely equal for stock TX values (I mean bayangtoys' one). But as for me it is quite comfortable indoors for H8mini (X7/X9 do not need limits lower than 100).

As for pitch I set it to 60-80-100 (independent of rudder limit). It is not related to stock TX values - simply some lower values for my unexperienced friends and neighbours.

As for control resolution - I can feel nothing bad.

So far I'm inclined to leave the "expert mode" on. Let's hear from dc, and Durete should have his soon.

I've updated the test build to add the dynamic trim protocol option. After seeing the responsiveness in the video I made the option off by default :) The full trim range is used, which has caused problems the last couple protocols. Be careful when testing. Probably won't spend much time on this if it doesn't work - difficult to do without the quad in hand, and these aircraft seem pretty lively already.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds