Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?

More
14 Mar 2016 04:47 #44539 by Hypnotoad
Replied by Hypnotoad on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
Hello,

I have been doing so much reading today that my eyes are bleeding. I finally received my devo 7e in the mail. I just finished updating the firmware to the newest version of deviation. All I really wanted to do was to try to bind with my eachine H8. But I can't seem to find any of the files that I believe I need. The Bayang protocol is no longer available to download. And I am noticing that my deviation is different from what I have seen on others. Oye. This is a lot for one day. So, basically, my question is, where can I download the Bayang protocol?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2016 05:04 #44540 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
Did you install NRF24L01 RF chip ?
If you did, please try nightly build :
www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...s-nightly-2016-03-13

More
16 Mar 2016 23:04 #44679 by linuxworks
Replied by linuxworks on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
here's my h8 mini model file for the 7e:
Attachments:

More
27 Mar 2016 00:43 - 27 Mar 2016 00:47 #45251 by libben
Replied by libben on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?

linuxworks wrote: here's my h8 mini model file for the 7e:

I've tried you config, I liked it alot.

I'm new to Deviation and making a config file. Is it possible to get a short rundown on how I would alter your config file with say less yaw. It's a bit sensitiv in the first stick throw for me.

Also, is it possible to make some of the buttons mapped, except ext and ent button.

Would rather se a button for killing the throtle and add an extra flight mode instead on that switch.

I'm totally new to all this regarding configuring a tx and curves and all that. So if you don't feel to guide me through, please point me to the right direction on how I can learn it :)

I've only flown with crappy stock tx on small quads and old micro helis before 2010.

This is my two first flites with a modded devo 7e, and I love the new life it gives to my quad.

Last edit: 27 Mar 2016 00:47 by libben.

More
09 Aug 2016 08:25 - 09 Aug 2016 08:48 #52606 by sledgehammer1570
Replied by sledgehammer1570 on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
Ok guys. I have a weird problem with my devo 10 and bayang protocol. It doesn't bind anymore. I have a 3 in 1 multimodule from banggood and have been flying bayang protocol with no problems for weeks. Today it just doesn't bind anymore.

I tried multiple quads. 2 different floureon h101 and a few bayangtoys x7's and couldn't fly any of them. It binds ok with v202 protocol (jj1000) and h8 3d mini. I believe they all are working with nrf24l01 module. So why bayang stopped working? It's the only one of nrf24l01 protocols that i would need at the moment so it is frustrating.

I tried reflashing the deviation firmware and it didn't help. I have hexfet's frsky test build because i need it for my other quad.

My problem is solved. I had a stock bayangtoys x7 transmitter turned on in the bag. :whistle: I came home from a trip yesterday and it must have turned on itself in the bag. A huge fuss for nothing. I went and tried different nightlies with stock settings and everything. :pinch:
Last edit: 09 Aug 2016 08:48 by sledgehammer1570.

More
19 Oct 2016 18:57 - 19 Oct 2016 18:58 #55164 by C0br4
Replied by C0br4 on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
Thanks to anyone who was involved in this.

I initially had the problem that my H8 mini wouldn't bind with my Devo7E with trims applied. The original transmitter worked flawlessly but with the Devo it only flashed rapidly after pairing. Took me hours to figure that one out.

Also my Devo 7E *sometimes* just reboots midflight while using the Bayang protocol. Its the first protocol I use with the nrf24l01 module (using beside A7105). Is it possible that the transmitter is overstrained with the current it demands? This never happened when using DSMX.
Last edit: 19 Oct 2016 18:58 by C0br4.

More
16 Aug 2017 22:03 #63830 by Bohba
Replied by Bohba on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
Which channel should I use to put H8 mini into headless mode ? Channel 9 greater than 0 doens't work for me :/

Is it possible to put it into "high rate" mode too ? which channel ?

More
01 Nov 2017 13:35 #65408 by fneuf
Replied by fneuf on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
I have ne trouble using my new T8SG with an silver dual H8 mini. I seem to only get ~30% throttle while at max stick movement on the TX (the quad barely reach a few cm off the ground). I don't find wich parameter I should tweak to get the full range (I also have ~20% deadzone at start on the TX). Right now it is set in the Mixer menu as "Simple", "Offset" set at -100 and "Scale" set as 125 on "1 to 1" curve.
What should I change?

More
01 Nov 2017 21:23 #65419 by Hypnotoad
Replied by Hypnotoad on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
Mine does this with certain batteries. Maybe adjust the voltage settings. Im not at my computer, and I havent had time to play with this, but im pretty sure it lowers the output at a certain voltage.

• BirdBarber
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
02 Nov 2017 00:04 - 02 Nov 2017 00:05 #65427 by BirdBarber
Replied by BirdBarber on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
@fneuf

I think you need to change your offset from -100 to 0. Also your scale should be 100.
Last edit: 02 Nov 2017 00:05 by BirdBarber.

More
02 Nov 2017 08:43 #65435 by fneuf
Replied by fneuf on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
Thanks for the tip. My main problem was that during calibration I did not think that the "center" of the throttle stick was, the usual nominal center. As a throttle stick can only go one way from its starting point (summarized as no up/down, but only up) I thought that zero&center were the same. i.e. when the stick is at the bottom of its range. And I was wrong :cheer:

More
06 Nov 2017 20:34 #65587 by Twilight_Sun
Replied by Twilight_Sun on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?

Bohba wrote: Is it possible to put it into "high rate" mode too ? which channel ?

there are no channel for high rate, it is TX setting. So you should set some mixers for that... but I found that devo10 with simple 1-to-1 curve for all 4 channels work better than stock TX with any rate settings. I can fly both idoor and outdoor with that 1-to-1 setting and don't need any "low/high rate". "always high rate" is ok with devo.

about headless... I set it on some channel .. but can not remembler which ...

More
21 Sep 2018 15:38 - 27 Sep 2018 03:14 #71000 by flyerusa
Replied by flyerusa on topic Eachine or JJRC H8 mini ?
When signal is lost using the stock Eachine H8 mini transmitter, the quadcopter and transmitter will automatically reconnect if the signal is restored.

When using the Jumper T8SG V2 Plus transmitter, this does not happen and the connection must be restored again using the manual sequence: this requires the Eachine H8 mini to be powered off and back on- and can only be done after the quadcopter has fallen out of the sky.

This is a problem because the connection cannot be restored during flight, even if the signal loss was only a minor sporadic interruption.

Also, any timer or stopwatch information gets reset (at least on the Jumper T8SG v@ Plus transmitter I am using) because the transmitter has to be power-cycled also to bind the quadcopter again.

Is there a solution to fix this problem, to restore the connection during flight?
Last edit: 27 Sep 2018 03:14 by flyerusa.

More
23 Sep 2018 01:14 #71013 by flyerusa
BTW, the documentation for Bayang protocol does not include the calibration for Eachine H8 mini.

Moving both joysticks to the lower right corner calibrates the Eachine H8 mini, same as the stock transmitter.

This information was missing in the Deviation user manual for the Jumper T8SG V2 Plus transmitter.

Thanks everyone for making it possible to bind and fly Eachine H8 mini using this transmitter!

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds