New FrSkyX protocol

More
15 Oct 2016 17:45 - 15 Oct 2016 18:06 #54982 by midelic
Replied by midelic on topic New FrSkyX protocol
In base of LQi value you can adjust the fine variable on the fly.If the values are less than 50 you are set.Keep some distance from RX to avoid swamping.
This way you can get more accurate lock on the channel.
Fine variable takes value from -127 to 127..Need adjusting one time and set for protocol selected not for every flight
So you increment up from -127 till you get right values for LQI.Make it on the fly.The LQi you read it from telemetry frames The TX and RX channels should be in sync.
LQI as the name said is the best indicator of the link quality, is better than RSSI.
Last edit: 15 Oct 2016 18:06 by midelic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2016 12:54 #55189 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Hi,

Had a strange lock-up yesterday. Took a full format and flash (even just a format and reload didn't fix it, hae to flash the DFU).
No issues last use, powered on and nothing...

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
29 Oct 2016 07:57 #55498 by sfersystem
Replied by sfersystem on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Hi all,

If i good understand, for telemetry with the xsr on my devo10, i should buy this converter and put it on my quad ?
S.port to uart converter

we need nothing else on the Tx ?
i go to the telemetry menu and setup the lines i need ?

Thank you

More
29 Oct 2016 19:36 #55506 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic New FrSkyX protocol
That particular sensor is for serial data transfer and is not supported yet. Any of the s.port sensors for voltage, vario, gps, and current are supported. Or a s.port telemetry source such as a flight controller board.

And you need a cc2500 module in your devo.

More
29 Oct 2016 21:22 #55508 by sfersystem
Replied by sfersystem on topic New FrSkyX protocol
cool, i have the CC2500 working now very well with the XSR, i have the RSSI, but voltage sensor would be great !

More
30 Oct 2016 06:48 #55513 by zipray
Replied by zipray on topic New FrSkyX protocol
As same far telemetry distance and control distance? Can Deviation firmware make the LNA enable?

More
30 Oct 2016 17:46 #55525 by hexfet
Yes, if your cc2500 module has PA/LNA then deviation enables them at the proper times.

More
02 Nov 2016 14:39 #55613 by zipray
Replied by zipray on topic New FrSkyX protocol

hexfet wrote: Yes, if your cc2500 module has PA/LNA then deviation enables them at the proper times.

Thanks you,I mean if I use the Multiprotocol TX Module, all the LNA can be enabled?

More
06 Nov 2016 13:01 #55741 by Cereal_Killer
I've now had a second instance of file system corruption during data logging that required a format and reload (of the file system only, not the dfu).

Will load video later. This time it happened in flight but thankfully this issue doesn't cause a loss of control (but note it does cause a loss of internal devo safety including allowing startup without throttle check) and obviously lack of any data on screen at all.

More
06 Nov 2016 18:54 #55746 by hexfet
What is the data logging configuration?
Can you estimate how much data had been captured when it happened?

More
07 Nov 2016 12:47 #55773 by Cereal_Killer
It's setup to log RSSI TEMP and throttle % whenever the arm switch is on (well technically it's ¡Mix2!)

Both times it's happened now it's been after multiple days / weeks of use so the log was getting pretty big. Probably over 20000k.

Really busy but I have an interesting video to upload ASAP...

More
07 Nov 2016 13:48 #55774 by hexfet
Probably best to start a new thread if it's related to logging. That feature is independent of the protocol used.

More
09 Nov 2016 16:12 #55820 by hexfet
The addition of S.Port telemetry output through the trainer port is in the latest nightly build. The bit rate is changed to 57600bps.

The User Manual test build contains pdf files of the latest manual updates.

The frsky_lqi test build adds LQI and LRSSI telemetry to Frsky and FrskyX. Text I put in the user manual is below (mistakenly since it's not merged yet :oops:).

The LQI (Link Quality Indicator) and LRSSI (Local RSSI) indicate the quality and signal strength of the telemetry
signal from the receiver. The LQI can be used as a guide for adjusting the fine frequency protocol option. Lower LQI
is better and values under 50 are typical. The LRSSI units is (approximately) dBm.

More
10 Nov 2016 13:11 #55835 by Cereal_Killer
Hi, I know I was one of the ones asking for telemetry output on the trainer (and for that im thankful) but right now with my datalogging causing file sys corruption issue im looking for the last usable build before that was implimented while I try to get ahead of my issue. Can you twll me which one to try first (thats still available)?

EIther that or a way to disable the output, either in a menu somewhere or in the tx / hardware.ini

More
10 Nov 2016 13:34 #55836 by hexfet
You can disable it in the model setup by changing the PPM In setting to something other than None. Don't need to do anything else.

More
10 Nov 2016 19:11 #55840 by LumpyLouis
Replied by LumpyLouis on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Hi, I posted this over on rcgroups but didnt get any replies.

Is it possible to transmit lipo voltage to my non-ultmate 7e via my FrSky XSR? I have the XSR hooked up to my SPR F3 flight controller with my lipo plugged into the battery voltage monitoring port on the FC. I get RSSI strength and Volt1 which shows my rx voltage (4.8v) but Volt2 is 0V. I just want a low voltage alarm so i dont have to strap a battery alarm to my quad.

More
10 Nov 2016 20:50 #55843 by hexfet
Yes it's possible but you'll need to make some hardware.

The 7e doesn't support s.port telemetry from the FC. You'll need to feed the lipo voltage to the XSR AD2 analog input. Use a resistor voltage divider so you put no more than 3V on the analog input when the lipo is fully charged.

The XSR doesn't provide a connector for the analog input but looks like someone on rcgroups has figured out where to make the connection.

Use the AD2GAIN protocol option to scale the voltage display to the actual voltage of the lipo.

More
12 Nov 2016 05:17 #55861 by petsmith
Replied by petsmith on topic New FrSkyX protocol

LumpyLouis wrote: Hi, I posted this over on rcgroups but didnt get any replies.

Is it possible to transmit lipo voltage to my non-ultmate 7e via my FrSky XSR? I have the XSR hooked up to my SPR F3 flight controller with my lipo plugged into the battery voltage monitoring port on the FC. I get RSSI strength and Volt1 which shows my rx voltage (4.8v) but Volt2 is 0V. I just want a low voltage alarm so i dont have to strap a battery alarm to my quad.

The reason why the 7e doesn't support s.port telemetry is because of the smaller size flash on the MCU. You can free up the flash space by compiling your own 7e firmware without the standard GUI. Most people don't need standard GUI and you will free up enough space to include s.port telemetry. No hardware hack is required.

More
12 Nov 2016 05:40 #55862 by petsmith
Replied by petsmith on topic New FrSkyX protocol

hexfet wrote: You can disable it in the model setup by changing the PPM In setting to something other than None. Don't need to do anything else.

hexfet, is there any reason why the telemetry serial out for FrskyX is enabled by default? You only check whether the PPM In is active. However, it will still conflict with other modules that use the UART port, such as Voice, and probably debug output too.

IMHO, I think the majority of FrskyX protocol users won't be using the telemetry serial out, and having it enabled by default is not a good idea. I believe it will be better to have an option (such as protocol option) to explicitly turn it on.

More
13 Nov 2016 04:23 #55884 by hexfet
My thought was that using PPM In to disable the s.port output is sufficient and no separate control is needed. If you're actually using PPM this happens automatically. If you're making your own debug build for serial output, and using frskyx, then I expect you're savvy enough to disable the s.port echo. So why complicate things with another option to set?

Compatibility with voice alerts will be addressed when a voice alerts PR happens. Likely by disabling s.port echo if voice alerts is using the trainer port. Just got a few DFPlayers so I'll be looking at this soon.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds