New FrSkyX protocol

More
22 Nov 2016 16:43 #56169 by sfersystem
Replied by sfersystem on topic New FrSkyX protocol

petsmith wrote:

sfersystem wrote: on my Devo10, is it now possible to have the battery voltage with the XSR ?

Yes, extended telemetry is supported on Devo 10. That is, you can see your model's battery on your Devo 10, provided your FC can supply the battery info to XSR via s.port.

Must i buy something else to make it works, or just setup in the devo ?
I have a X-Racer F303 V3.1 FC.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2016 18:52 #56177 by LumpyLouis
Replied by LumpyLouis on topic New FrSkyX protocol

petsmith wrote: okay, I took the time to move the FrskyX Extended Telemetry code from RAM to ROM and created a special version for Devo7e.

Thanks so much for the hard work! That was really above and beyond my man. I will try and flash this tonight and report back.

More
22 Nov 2016 20:46 - 22 Nov 2016 20:50 #56182 by LumpyLouis

sfersystem wrote: Must i buy something else to make it works, or just setup in the devo ?

Thank you

It looks like your FC has VBAT which is what you would need. You would wire your battery's direct voltage (not filtered or stepped down) directly to that port (observing polarity and checking it more than twice) and set up battery voltage monitoring through cleanflight. No additional hardware needed other than 2 pieces of wire to connect your PDB to your FC.
Last edit: 22 Nov 2016 20:50 by LumpyLouis.

More
22 Nov 2016 21:09 #56184 by sfersystem

LumpyLouis wrote:

sfersystem wrote: Must i buy something else to make it works, or just setup in the devo ?

Thank you

It looks like your FC has VBAT which is what you would need. You would wire your battery's direct voltage (not filtered or stepped down) directly to that port (observing polarity and checking it more than twice) and set up battery voltage monitoring through cleanflight. No additional hardware needed other than 2 pieces of wire to connect your PDB to your FC.

Oh yes, i got it, i'll connect direct the lipo power 3s and / or 4s on these pin i setup on the Devo, thank you very much

More
22 Nov 2016 22:54 #56192 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic New FrSkyX protocol
I looked at what comprise a protocol module and found that RF chip code goes there to save space for the main body. Maybe we can remove CYRF6936 code from the module and move it to main body, freeing some space which can be used for telemetry. CYRF6936 maybe used directly from the main code and is there anyways.

More
22 Nov 2016 22:59 #56193 by Nitro_123
Replied by Nitro_123 on topic New FrSkyX protocol
@petsmith thank you so much for the work you did. You didn't have to and you still went out of your way to do it.
Thank you so much again !
And sorry for my lack of understanding regarding this. I should read the source code a bit :P

More
23 Nov 2016 02:57 #56197 by LumpyLouis
@petesmith: I flashed your custom firmware and received the following message when i power on:

Protocol Mismatch:
0801dd6c
6c6e4f3b

I hit "OK" and went to my model to rebind but received the same message as above. Any suggestions?

More
23 Nov 2016 04:01 #56200 by petsmith
Replied by petsmith on topic New FrSkyX protocol

LumpyLouis wrote: @petesmith: I flashed your custom firmware and received the following message when i power on:

Protocol Mismatch:
0801dd6c
6c6e4f3b

I hit "OK" and went to my model to rebind but received the same message as above. Any suggestions?

Did you copy the protocol directory from the zip to your 7e? Besides flashing the firmware, you also need to update the protocol modules.

More
23 Nov 2016 04:18 #56201 by LumpyLouis
I must have missed something, I reflashed and recopied and no more error now! On the main page config the battery voltage is displayed when I choose "TelemVAmp" but I cannot seem to select TelemVAmp as an option under Telemetry config page. Im trying to set the low battery alarm.

More
23 Nov 2016 04:28 #56202 by petsmith

LumpyLouis wrote: I must have missed something, I reflashed and recopied and no more error now! On the main page config the battery voltage is displayed when I choose "TelemVAmp" but I cannot seem to select TelemVAmp as an option under Telemetry config page. Im trying to set the low battery alarm.

It's called VoltA under Telemetry config.

More
23 Nov 2016 04:48 #56203 by LumpyLouis
I am an idiot and you are the man. Thanks so much!

More
23 Nov 2016 12:33 #56212 by petsmith

LumpyLouis wrote: I am an idiot and you are the man. Thanks so much!

I'm glad that it works.

More
23 Nov 2016 12:35 #56213 by petsmith

victzh wrote: I looked at what comprise a protocol module and found that RF chip code goes there to save space for the main body. Maybe we can remove CYRF6936 code from the module and move it to main body, freeing some space which can be used for telemetry. CYRF6936 maybe used directly from the main code and is there anyways.

The CYRF6936 code isn't used by FrskyX, it wouldn't help in this case. It may help if there is a need to support DSM2 extended telemetry on 7e. For FrskyX, the RF CC2500 code is used, but it's quite small and I doubt it will help after moving to ROM space.

More
23 Nov 2016 16:48 #56223 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic New FrSkyX protocol

petsmith wrote:

victzh wrote: I looked at what comprise a protocol module and found that RF chip code goes there to save space for the main body. Maybe we can remove CYRF6936 code from the module and move it to main body, freeing some space which can be used for telemetry. CYRF6936 maybe used directly from the main code and is there anyways.

The CYRF6936 code isn't used by FrskyX, it wouldn't help in this case. It may help if there is a need to support DSM2 extended telemetry on 7e. For FrskyX, the RF CC2500 code is used, but it's quite small and I doubt it will help after moving to ROM space.

You're right, and even for DSM it will not add much.

More
23 Nov 2016 20:05 - 23 Nov 2016 20:53 #56231 by sfersystem

petsmith wrote:

LumpyLouis wrote: I must have missed something, I reflashed and recopied and no more error now! On the main page config the battery voltage is displayed when I choose "TelemVAmp" but I cannot seem to select TelemVAmp as an option under Telemetry config page. Im trying to set the low battery alarm.

It's called VoltA under Telemetry config.

That's right i get now a voltage on the DEVO, but the value is not correct.
I have a 3s lipo with 3.8v at each cell, and in Telem V1 i have 4.8V and in Telem V2 i have 2.67V
Is it possible to have the sum of the 3 cell ?

I found the AD2GAIN to adjust voltage ''factor'' but if i change to a 4s lipo it doesn't show the good voltage.

Is there something special to setup in betaflight too ?

Thank you for help.
Last edit: 23 Nov 2016 20:53 by sfersystem. Reason: i'm searching and find some solution.

More
23 Nov 2016 23:31 #56241 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic New FrSkyX protocol
If you use the vbat input to the FC, you'll need to also make a connection from the xsr s.port pin to a uart on the FC and set up betaflight to output s.port on that uart. Then you'll get extended telemetry (not available on 7e) for the total voltage.

Alternatively you can use this information to use the AD2 input on the xsr. A voltage divider is needed to limit AD2 to about 3V. The AD2GAIN is then used to calibrate the reported value.

More
24 Nov 2016 06:18 #56248 by sfersystem

hexfet wrote: If you use the vbat input to the FC, you'll need to also make a connection from the xsr s.port pin to a uart on the FC and set up betaflight to output s.port on that uart. Then you'll get extended telemetry (not available on 7e) for the total voltage.

I think that is the best way, i'll do that.
The s.port pin (3rd) on uart 2 for example.

But on uart i have :
Tx
Rx
5V
Ground

Must i connect 4 wire to make it work or just the s.port on RX ?

Thank you hexfet, i'm almost ok

More
24 Nov 2016 14:55 #56255 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic New FrSkyX protocol
The s.port pin on the receiver both transmits and receives. Don't know how that connection is made with your FC and betaflight. I haven't done it myself, but google says for the naze FC and cleanflight the uart TX and RX are tied together and connected to the s.port pin.

More
24 Nov 2016 15:26 - 24 Nov 2016 22:21 #56256 by sfersystem
Ok, thank you for the time spend, i'll try tonight and will give some news.

Edit : You're rigth, will try it tomorow
Explanation here !!
Last edit: 24 Nov 2016 22:21 by sfersystem. Reason: Confirmation

More
25 Nov 2016 12:36 - 25 Nov 2016 18:11 #56269 by sfersystem
I bridged the rx and tx pin from my F303 V3.1 and connected to smartport of the xsr, on the telemetry menu from my DEVO10 i saw 4.8v (maybe the voltage of the FC) and always the 2.6v. I've done the modification in betaflight (activated the softserial, the telemetry and the vbat) and selected smartport in port menu for the softserial line.

i miss something ?

I have the right voltage in Betaflight
Last edit: 25 Nov 2016 18:11 by sfersystem.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds