Mjx Bugs 3

More
15 May 2018 20:32 #69248 by mmakai
Replied by mmakai on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Hi Folks,

Cool. The arming worked for me as well. I could switch motors, lights on off, but that is all what I had in the model file from the previous try. Now it is raining, night, so I did not try to fly yet. Rx id different, radio id negative.

About the rx -> radio map decoding. First 2 hex digits are periodic with length 2 and 16 resp. Byte 2 and 3 can be expressed as a function of byte 4 (beyond the first 2 values) of the previous rows. Byte 4 has some repeating sequences, but I do not have a concise description. So, that data takes about 270 bytes, plus the if-else-heavy code would take some storage as well. My crypto and electronics knowledge is very limited, but I hope this is not the end of it yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2018 05:44 #69251 by davdrone1
Replied by davdrone1 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Have now bound and flown with two different Bugs 3s. One is 9 months old, the other is new with the Vo4 fcb.
Had to reverse AIL, and to set the scale back to 100 for RUD as it had a value of 0.

Time flies like a banana

More
16 May 2018 08:07 #69253 by davdrone1
Put a video together of my first (indoor) flights. Looking good.

Time flies like a banana

More
16 May 2018 10:06 #69254 by C0ckpitvue 777
Replied by C0ckpitvue 777 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Hexfet you're the man bro and greatly appreciated,you cracked futaba and now doing awesome work with the a7105 protocols.Ijust want to thank you,Davdrone,Blade01 and mmakai for your determination in getting this great feat accomplished.Also a big thank you to goebish.

More
17 May 2018 03:13 #69264 by davdrone1
Tried to bind to a Bugs 6 using the test Bugs3 protocol.
An rxid of 64929 was returned to the fixed id.
I looked it up and matched it to -1382767019 and entered and saved this as fixed id.
However, no bind appeared to occur, beeping continued from the Bugs 6, and I could not arm the motors or turn off LEDs.
I can bind and fly the Bugs 6 using a Bugs 3 Tx, although beeping continues as I fly.

Time flies like a banana

More
17 May 2018 05:05 #69267 by davdrone1
Re trying to to bind my Bugs 6 - realised I had a low battery.
Tired again with fully charged battery, and no beeping with either the Jumper or the Bugs 3 Tx.
The bind with the Jumper worked - the lights stopped flashing after connecting the battery,
as per using a Bugs 3 or 6 Tx. If battery is attached with no Tx, the LEDs flash for a long time.
However, the Bugs 6 must have a slightly different arming process to the Bugs 3, as the switches
would not arm or turn off LEDs.

Time flies like a banana

More
17 May 2018 18:44 #69282 by mmakai
Hi Folks,

I've just made a quick flight, everything went smoothly. RUD, AIL reversed, I have devo 10.

@hexfet: I hope you are not fed up with my annoying updates on the my rx -> radio map findings. First, I did not find any algebraic rules. However, from the periodicities and relation of values of neighboring bytes, I have now an if-else-heavy experimental code in java, generating the map, and with hardcoded data that could be stored in 80 bytes. Is that about in the acceptable size?

More
18 May 2018 23:46 #69304 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Happy to have others looking at this. Eighty bytes of data is good as long as the if-else isn't 1K :) The branch is here if you'd like to pull it and do some testing. Be another week or two for me.

Not sure about the bugs6 behavior. Sounds similar to the bugs3 behavior without the correct radio id so maybe the bugs6 has a different mapping and the stock tx recognizes the model from something in the bind packet from the rx. Need a capture of the bind.

More
20 May 2018 07:33 #69331 by davdrone1
Hi hexfet, I seemed to have raised a bit of interest in trying the test build on the Jumper T8SG.
I've been refering people to your rxid to txid csv lookup table about halfway down Page 14 of this forum.
If you have the time to put it somewhere easier to find, I'll get the word out.

Time flies like a banana

More
20 May 2018 15:58 #69339 by DPyro
Replied by DPyro on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Hey I'm a bit new with deviation. How can I start testing to see if this will work with the bugs 3 mini? I have finally got everything working on the transmitter.

More
20 May 2018 16:07 - 20 May 2018 16:16 #69340 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Thanks davedrone1. Spreadsheet is available at this link

You can try the same bind procedure with the Bugs3 mini. It might work :)
Last edit: 20 May 2018 16:16 by hexfet.

More
20 May 2018 18:09 #69344 by C0ckpitvue 777
Replied by C0ckpitvue 777 on topic Mjx Bugs 3

hexfet wrote: Thanks davedrone1. Spreadsheet is available at this link

You can try the same bind procedure with the Bugs3 mini. It might work :)

Just tried the b3 mini had no response,I'm waiting on jumper wire fro China to take future captures...

More
23 May 2018 14:20 #69379 by Exiter
Replied by Exiter on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Not sure if this is the right place to ask a question, but here goes. Where is the CSV lookup table. I have been following and trying the DFU's as you guys have been developing. Thanks for your efforts!

More
23 May 2018 14:48 #69380 by Exiter
She binds, the monster is being slayed. Great work guys! My lights flash after binding. Not sure what if anything needs to be reversed for flight on the Jumper. Not sure what switch settings beyond bind are available. As I discover stuff, I will report what I needed to do if this is at all helpfull.

More
23 May 2018 15:48 - 23 May 2018 16:50 #69384 by Exiter
It fly's. Had to reassign the ail and ele in the jumper, they were assigned to the wrong position on the controller gimbal. Also needed to reverse the rudder. After that she flew. Cool Beans. The next time I bound the reassigned ail and ele were put back somehow to the stock assignments and worked fine, not sure why that happened. Not sure why it works now... More flight testing coming.
Last edit: 23 May 2018 16:50 by Exiter. Reason: The results changed unexpectedly for parameters set.

More
23 May 2018 19:26 #69390 by davdrone1
Here's a link to a video I made about installing and using the using the test build.
There is another link in the comments to Matt's video that is even more detailed in a pure MS Windows environment.

Time flies like a banana

More
23 May 2018 21:13 #69391 by kaseym
Replied by kaseym on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Exiter do you have the black and silver tx, or the newer yellow one?

More
23 May 2018 21:33 #69393 by mmakai
Hi Folks,

A bit more work on the rxid -> radioid map. I managed to put an implementation of the map into a build, it adds 520 bytes to the dfu of the devo 10 (218653 -> 219173). Unfortunately, the firmware is too large for some tx's, does not fit for 7e, f4, f7.

Codewise, the only change to hexfet's branch is that radioid is written into fixed id instead of rxid, so binding should be possible without carrying excel to the field.

Hence, the binding procedure changes as follows:
1) In the bugs3 model delete all the digits of the fixed id. The display should say fixed id None.
2) Click Bind on the model screen.
3) Apply power to the bugs3. The bugs3 should react but deviation bind dialog will remain.
4) Turn the transmitter off (this saves the model with radioid stored in the fixed id).
5) Turn the transmitter on, go to the model screen, the fixed id should be the radioid.
6) With the right radioid bind should succeed. Click Bind on the model screen.
7) Apply power to the bugs3. Now it should connect. (If not, then repeat 6-7).

Source
Builds (I do not have test build upload credentials.)
The only real world test of these builds is that with the devo10 one I can bind and arm my bugs3.

More
23 May 2018 22:49 #69395 by davdrone1
Hi mmakai,

I can confirm deviation-t8sg-v5.0.0-3133d6d.dfu works on the black/silver Jumper T8SG. Well done!

My only concern with the increasing image size is the possibility of adding
code to process telemetry data in the future - the Bugs 3 Tx sounds limit of range
warnings, and low battery alerts. It would be nice to have these features in a future build.

Time flies like a banana

More
23 May 2018 22:56 #69396 by davdrone1
I've already hacked my black/silver Jumper T8SG to replace a failed USB port.
I wonder if we can locate the teeny weeny 2MB memory chip and replace it with something larger?

Time flies like a banana

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds