Mjx Bugs 3

More
01 Aug 2018 00:08 #70018 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Test build (ac7095d) is updated. Added support for telemetry for RSSI and voltage alarm. This piggybacks on the Frsky telemetry type with signal strength reported in the RSSI field and voltage in VOLT1 (since VOLTA is not available in modular builds.)

The maximum (best) RSSI value in the captures is 86. Lower values are lower signal strength. Not sure where dropouts will start happening.

The bugs3 receiver only reports good/bad voltage. This is translated to VOLT1 values of 8.4V for good and 6.0V for low voltage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2018 00:28 #70019 by C0ckpitvue 777
Replied by C0ckpitvue 777 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Yes hexfet,the ail and rudder,I think those are channels 1 and 4 and the high rate switch from stock still doesn't carry over into the devo 7e or 10,I guess it's a jumper thing only.

More
01 Aug 2018 00:32 #70020 by C0ckpitvue 777
You are an amazing gift to deviation brother,you make the impossible happen,I commend the effort and work ethic you put forth to make us all enjoy this hobby a little more.Hat's off to you and thank you very much.

More
01 Aug 2018 01:46 #70021 by JayDrone
Replied by JayDrone on topic Mjx Bugs 3
so if i am readint this correct u will see on the display some percentage for signal?

More
01 Aug 2018 02:45 #70022 by davdrone1
Replied by davdrone1 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
I flew a Bugs 6 with test build c97afba briefly yesterday. All seemed good.
I have channels 1 (AIL) and 4 (RUD) reversed on my Jumper for Bugs. I'll download and try the latest build soon.
I have noticed with older builds that AIL seems to reverse itself in mid flight at times. Can't replicate
this at low speed and height.

Do I need to configure channels and/or other settings to get beeps for low battery and low RSSI values?

Time flies like a banana

More
01 Aug 2018 02:56 #70023 by davdrone1
OK - I've just started reading about setting up beeps and using telemetry values. Sounds as if I have another learning curve ahead of me. All good fun, keeping the brain active.

Time flies like a banana

More
01 Aug 2018 03:01 #70024 by hexfet
The telemetry values can be observed on the Transmitter menu | Telemetry monitor page. Configure alarms on the Model menu | Telemetry config page. Put telemetry values on the main page from Model menu | Main page config.

So use the standard telemetry and alarm features to get an alert for the low voltage alarm and/or rssi.

More
02 Aug 2018 00:45 #70026 by hexfet
Test build (8ff88f2) is updated. WARNING: The aileron and rudder channels are reversed from previous builds. Don't forget to change model files. Shouldn't need to reverse any channels now.

This build also has the driven trims enabled. It is possible the trim channels could be reversed and reduce rather than increase control range. Please test roll, pitch, and yaw independently and check if max angle (or yaw rate) is better or worse. It's also possible the receiver just won't respond well to driven trims and act strange. Be careful.

C0ckpitvue 777, not sure about the rate not being saved. Will see what I can learn with the receiver I have.

More
02 Aug 2018 02:40 #70027 by C0ckpitvue 777
Thank you very much hexfet,once again we appreciate your hard work,will try this tomorrow after work if Davdrone1 doesn't try it and report back by then.

More
02 Aug 2018 05:25 #70030 by davdrone1
As mentioned yesterday, I flew a Bugs 6 with test build c97afba successfully yesterday.
Have since happily buzzed around indoors with an FPV enabled Eachine E011.
Just realized when I went back to download build 8ff88f2 that I'd installed the version
for the V2 Jumper - deviation-t8sg_v2-v5.0.0-c97afba

I can report that owners of the original Jumper T8SG appear to have backward compatibility!

Time flies like a banana

More
02 Aug 2018 06:45 #70031 by davdrone1
Got out for a quick test of deviation-t8sg-v5.0.0-8ff88f2 on my Black/Silver Jumper with a Bugs 3 and then a Bugs 6 in gusty conditions.
I changed channel 1 (AIL) from Reverse back to Normal first. Checking my other models, I
realized that it was only on the Bugs 6 that I had both AIL and RUD reversed, so changed both to Normal.

Both flew fine. I'd flown the Bugs 6 yesterday to test a SQ12 camera, and noticed that settings
for AIL and ELE now seem to be more aggressive, which is great. Given the windy conditions,
I'll play with trim settings another day.

Time flies like a banana

More
03 Aug 2018 01:05 #70039 by C0ckpitvue 777
I just took my bugs 8 pro and flew it on the latest test build and to call it aggressive is an understatement,hexfet you never cease to amaze with your work,great job it is much more stable and the channels are correct, no more reversing channels.I haven't tried my bugs 3 or my devo 7e as yet because it got dark,It was a lot of oscillation with full pitch (Ele) and (ail) at max stick.The yaw is definitely also more aggressive.Thank you again...

More
03 Aug 2018 02:35 #70040 by hexfet
Thanks for the testing. Hopefully the bugs 8 is the same as the bugs 3 because I just made a change. User kaseym has let me hang onto his bugs3 transmitter for the duration. Testing with it indicates the sense of the rate bit was wrong - deviation was setting it to low rate instead of high rate.

Test build (3b9f821) is updated. The protocol is changed to set the high rate bit for the bugs3 on all the time.

More
03 Aug 2018 02:55 #70041 by C0ckpitvue 777
Thank you sir,if I had your skills I would be to dangerous for my own good,will test tomorrow and report back..

More
03 Aug 2018 03:58 #70044 by kiwi-craig
Replied by kiwi-craig on topic Mjx Bugs 3

hexfet wrote: Thanks for the testing. Hopefully the bugs 8 is the same as the bugs 3 because I just made a change. User kaseym has let me hang onto his bugs3 transmitter for the duration. Testing with it indicates the sense of the rate bit was wrong - deviation was setting it to low rate instead of high rate.

Test build (3b9f821) is updated. The protocol is changed to set the high rate bit for the bugs3 on all the time.

guys can you point me to where I can find the ini files for test build (3b9f821) and could I ask for a brief overview summary on how the frequency pairing stuff works, would really like to try the bugs 3 on my devo 10

many thanks for all the hard work on this one !

More
03 Aug 2018 04:58 #70045 by davdrone1
Hi kiwi-craig - I put up a link to one of my YouTube videos that explains how the unique number for each Bugs is obtained and stored in each ini file, and shows the contents of an .ini file. It's back on the previous page (17) of this forum.

Time flies like a banana

More
03 Aug 2018 05:18 #70046 by davdrone1
Had a careful fly in a room with a high ceiling with my Bugs 6 and Jumper loaded with Test build 3b9f821.
Throttle, AIL, ELE and RUD all responded as expected. Waiting for better weather for a real workout.

Time flies like a banana

More
03 Aug 2018 14:24 #70053 by C0ckpitvue 777
Oh my goodness were my first thoughts when I loaded the latest build (3b9f821) and hit the throttle and pitch with the bugs 3,outstanding all around upgrade on the devos,in fact I believe it exceeds the stock values far as performance and precision,great Job hexfet,now just like davdrone,I have to study the telemetry aspect.

More
03 Aug 2018 18:40 #70057 by JayDrone
Replied by JayDrone on topic Mjx Bugs 3
ok now that a few of u guys have tested this -- how does this work download latest test build for this load it to T8SG -- and will it add another bugs protocol in the controller or will it update the current one -- one other question will the binding remain the same as the 1st download

More
03 Aug 2018 19:41 #70061 by C0ckpitvue 777
I'm not sure about the jumper but the devo 10 the only thing you have to update is the dfu file via defuse tool and the devo 7e you have to upgrade the dfu file+the protocol folder,in other words just delete the protocol folder and replace it with the protocol folder in the latest test build which is (3b9f821).

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds