Mjx Bugs 3

More
03 Aug 2018 20:20 #70062 by C0ckpitvue 777
Replied by C0ckpitvue 777 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
When using full pitch and ail with the bugs 8 pro you might experience oscillation,I added 3 rates and scaled the highest rate down to 80 which resolved the oscillation.I also scaled the pitch ele channel back to 90 on the bugs 3 do to awesome but to excessive pitch.I also scaled the yaw down a bit.Here are devo 10 and 7e model inis with dual rates.Devo 10 mix0=high,mix1=medium and mix2=low.
Devo 7E,swa0=high,swa1=medium and swa2=low

Bugs 3 Devo 10-http://www.mediafire.com/file/6pqqr27y9uman4z/model28.ini/file
Bugs 8 Devo 10-http://www.mediafire.com/file/k3gzd2d223v6zdq/model26.ini/file
Bugs 3Devo 7E-http://www.mediafire.com/file/z6l20z5zq6w5n0l/model23.ini/file
Bugs 8Devo7E-http://www.mediafire.com/file/z6l20z5zq6w5n0l/model23.ini/file

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 21:36 #70064 by JayDrone
Replied by JayDrone on topic Mjx Bugs 3
hmmmm -- see on the jumper all i had to do was load the dfu file on it and that was that -- idk if it is worth really messing with if there is more to it than just uploading dfu file -- the drones on the last dfu file lack rates and it would be nice to have them in the higher rate , so hopefully some one on the t8sg can explaine the process - I would think that if I loaded new dfu file it would do one of 2 things -- update last bugs protocol or create a new one, and if it did either than I would be down to mess with it SOMEONE PLEASE INFORM ME THANX

More
03 Aug 2018 21:39 #70065 by davdrone1
Replied by davdrone1 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
For the Jumper, we only have to flash the new dfu file. The model.ini and all other files should not be updated.

Time flies like a banana

More
03 Aug 2018 21:44 #70066 by JayDrone
ok great so load new dfu file -- then inside the jumper what happens -- updates current protocol to higher rates or adds another bugs protocol

More
03 Aug 2018 21:45 #70067 by JayDrone
also the current bugs programed to the t8sg will they stay

More
03 Aug 2018 21:57 #70068 by C0ckpitvue 777
The only thing the recent hexfet bugs 3 dfu file does is modifies the latest changes to the bugs 3 which all are improved upgrades from the last version.It will not alter any of your channel assignments etc,The latest test build is more stable and can be modified because of the higher rate,ex;you can make dual rates do to the aggressiveness and added high rate.

More
03 Aug 2018 21:57 #70069 by davdrone1
The test dfu file contains all the protocols we use with the four different RF chips the Jumper contains. The latest code that we select as BUGS3 is intended to set the Jumper to high rate. For experienced pilots that's great. Newer pilots might need to set up a switch to enable 1 or 2 settings for throttle, AIL, ELE and RUD that are steps down from the 100 percent defaults.

Time flies like a banana

More
03 Aug 2018 22:08 #70070 by JayDrone
ok i think i got info i need -- update dfu and BAM higher rates -- no other changes done to t8sg and prior saved models under bugs will remain

More
03 Aug 2018 22:11 #70071 by JayDrone
apreciate all the info I am deff no tech guy a jock by nature and drones r turning me into a nerd so I have much to learn

More
03 Aug 2018 22:24 #70072 by davdrone1
Hi C0ckpitvue 777 - nice work on setting switchable rates in your ini files, I've just downloaded and had a look inside your model23.ini

Jaydrone - you may want to check it out. It uses switch A for 100, 75 and 50 percent values. In our case, we use SW A to arm, but we could use switches C and D. You might want to give it a go if your Bugs 8 Pro starts vibrating itself to bits at full rate - lol

Time flies like a banana

More
03 Aug 2018 22:52 #70073 by C0ckpitvue 777
I set it on the swa,it's a 3 way switch I added to my devo 7e,if you got another unoccupied 3 way switch you can set it to that switch.It's still a bit aggressive but you can scale it to your liking once you get the feel.

More
03 Aug 2018 22:59 #70074 by JayDrone
NO WAY IM FULL THROTTLE NEXT FLIGHT WILL BE AT 125% WITH NEW DFU FILE -- IT WORKED EPIC TY GUYS FOR ASSISTANCE

More
04 Aug 2018 00:24 #70076 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Nice video. Fun to hear the excitement :) Thanks to all for testing.

The max rate with bugs3 is at 100% (true for most non-hobby protocols). Scaling to 125% won't make a difference in performance.

Just played with the telemetry a bit. With tx next to rx the RSSI was 101. At about 20m distance through trees it dropped to 88. The low voltage alarm happens at a battery voltage about 6.8V. (The VOLT1 telemetry value changes from 8.40 to 6.00 when the low voltage alarm is received.) The bugs does not change this alarm voltage when using a 3s battery.

More
04 Aug 2018 01:41 #70079 by davdrone1
hexfet - thanks so much for all the work and info. For someone who just wanted to fly and keep it simple, you've taken me a long way.
I'll work on setting up Bugs telemetry when I find time.

Time flies like a banana

More
04 Aug 2018 03:49 #70082 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Test build is updated (dc7544a). This build incorporates mmakai's code (thanks!) for automatically setting the radio id.

This works with my receiver, though it sets a different radio id than the one found manually. Please try binding your aircraft with the procedure below and make sure it works for you. Thanks!

"Hence, the binding procedure changes as follows:
1) In the bugs3 model delete all the digits of the fixed id. The display should say fixed id None.
2) Click Bind on the model screen.
3) Apply power to the bugs3. The bugs3 should react but deviation bind dialog will remain.
4) Turn the transmitter off (this saves the model with radioid stored in the fixed id).
5) Turn the transmitter on, go to the model screen, the fixed id should be the radioid.
6) With the right radioid bind should succeed. Click Bind on the model screen.
7) Apply power to the bugs3. Now it should connect. (If not, then repeat 6-7)."

More
04 Aug 2018 04:19 #70083 by davdrone1
Seems odd that you get a different radio id.
I'll make sure to back up every modelxx.ini for Bugs with it's correct unique fixed id before trying this.

Time flies like a banana

More
04 Aug 2018 04:26 - 04 Aug 2018 04:35 #70084 by JayDrone
hexfet so just y going into telemitry I can see the 101 n the voltge -- are you saying once low battery the contoller will chime on its own without setting anything up?
Last edit: 04 Aug 2018 04:35 by JayDrone.

More
04 Aug 2018 07:02 #70085 by davdrone1
Just tested build dc7544a using deviation-t8sg-v5.0.0-dc7544a on my backup Jumper.
I deleted and reinstated the fixed id on my Bugs 6 as per your instructions without any problems.
I then flew a Bugs 3 with it's existing fixed id successfully.

hexfet, I hadn't realized that you had not yet added mmakai's code to previous builds.
If I had snapped up another Bugs on special and tried to set the fixed id, I'd have been puzzled, before
thinking to look up your spreadsheet, or to go back and identify mmakai's version
to reflash. All part of the excitement of being on the bleeding edge!

Time flies like a banana

More
04 Aug 2018 17:16 - 04 Aug 2018 17:17 #70096 by xalex75
Replied by xalex75 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Hi.
Is T8SG V2 plus now compatible?
I googled and found people that bricked it while flashing.
Last edit: 04 Aug 2018 17:17 by xalex75.

More
04 Aug 2018 20:24 #70099 by kaseym
Replied by kaseym on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Wondering the same thing
Has anybody besides Jay Drone tried this with a Jumper_v2-plus? I am aware of his getting bricked and getting a replacement board but it is not clear to me why it bricked.
I have emailed Jumper asking the same, but have not gotten a reply. I have a Bugs 3 and a v2 plus but not sure if I should proceed.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds