Bugs 3 mini

More
16 Apr 2019 15:16 #73923 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic Bugs 3 mini
I've no solution for that, seems it can't be changed once bound.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2019 01:18 #73950 by jbuck
Replied by jbuck on topic Bugs 3 mini
I got the Dropbox to work (had to register dropbox to make the downloads work correctly) and upgraded with the dfu file. Much sportier and aggressive roll and pitch now on this little rocket. Nice work goebish!

More
17 Apr 2019 08:21 #73958 by goebish
Thanks for testing, it will be merged into nightly builds.

More
18 Apr 2019 00:00 #73974 by jbuck
I did a full test with 3 batteries today and it is a supersport for sure. Very acrobatic and the rates now match the powerful throttle great. One thing I have always noticed and just figured was a quirk of the b3 mini is the hesitation or jerkiness it has when the throttle is completely off and comes back on mid flight. Maybe it's just the gyros stabilizing or something. I have learned to just not go completely off throttle and it flies great. Has anyone else noticed this? It has acted like this pretty much since I got it, not just after the last .dfu upgrade

More
18 Apr 2019 00:08 #73975 by goebish
is it the same with stock transmitter ?

More
18 Apr 2019 01:06 #73976 by jbuck
I will try with stock transmitter tomorrow and post back

More
21 Apr 2019 11:02 #74059 by goebish
I've read on a blog that it's the same with stock transmitter, their "air mode" isn't working very well, there's nothing we can do on Tx side.
Set a mixer switch that prevents throttle from going to 0 when it's airborn, taht's the best you can do.

More
21 Apr 2019 11:06 #74060 by goebish
Oh, I was given a Bugs3 Mini yesterday, I'm not sure I'll like it as I'm used to overpowered DIY quads, but I'll give it a try then probably pass it to a beginner to learn flying :)

More
21 Apr 2019 17:11 #74077 by jbuck
I tried with the stock tx today and it acts the same when coming back on throttle after being off it. I'm used to it now. It definitely is more fun to fly deviated with the new update from goebish

More
25 Jun 2019 23:14 #74603 by Wildfire305
Replied by Wildfire305 on topic Bugs 3 mini
Just got a t8sg v2+ and I love it. Having a little trouble with this model. Need a little help. I'm running the June 9th firmware 28ce50f. I can get the b3mini to bind and function and fly. But as soon as I turn off the transmitter, I have to rebind it next time I turn it on. I couldn't get the protocol menu to give me the rxid. What am I doing wrong here? Do I need to choose a different build?
BTW, Thanks for all the work you guys do!

More
28 Jun 2019 00:29 #74613 by Wildfire305
If it helps my cause, the board is version 02 b3mini-rx 2017.11.02

More
29 Jun 2019 03:57 #74616 by C0ckpitvue 777
Replied by C0ckpitvue 777 on topic Bugs 3 mini

Wildfire305 wrote: If it helps my cause, the board is version 02 b3mini-rx 2017.11.02

Maybe Jay drone or Dave drone can chime in,I'm strictly a devo guy sorry I can't help.

More
10 Jul 2019 23:38 #74727 by davdrone1
Replied by davdrone1 on topic Bugs 3 mini
Just bought the Eachine EX2mini clone on special, so I'll be setting it up with my Jumper T8SG in a couple of weeks from now.

Time flies like a banana

More
20 Jul 2019 09:56 #74775 by davdrone1
My EX2 mini arrived today, and I've successfully set it up, using deviation-t8sg-v5.0.0-28ce50f.
Unlike my Bugs 3 and Bugs 6, I have to step thru to get to "Bind" and press the ENT button every time I power on the drone and then the Jumper.
Not ideal, but I can live with this.

Time flies like a banana

More
20 Jul 2019 11:02 #74776 by Wildfire305
That is what I experienced, too. If I turn off the TX to use the beeper function it kind of sucks having to rebind it. I have to use the beeper function a lot... Maybe that is the problem. :silly: Is there a developer on here who can tell us what we're doing wrong?

More
28 Jul 2019 02:29 #74808 by JayDrone
Replied by JayDrone on topic Bugs 3 mini
odd im not having this prob- i can power on drone and the controller and it binds no need to rebind - i have a jumper that hobby porter sent to me a 1 of 1 but to my knowladge it is running the same devo as the carbon jumper voice mod one avail on bangood

More
17 Aug 2019 01:13 #74913 by Dregger
Replied by Dregger on topic Bugs 3 mini
I have a Eachine EX2 mini (which I understand is a rebrand of the Bugs 3 mini). I also recently purchased a T8SG v2 Plus, carbon shell from bangood, early July. I am having the same binding problem where the transmitter will bind and rebind fine as long as you do not turn off the transmitter. Once I turn it off, I have to go into the model setup and select "Bind" again to rebind. It is then good again until I power off the transmitter. The T8SG v2 Plus shows "t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-abc5dcf" on the splash screen. The Bugs2Mini protocol options says "Format <Bugs3 Mini>."
If I cycle through the Format options I see <Bugs3 Mini> <Bugs 3H> <RX Id> <-32768> <32767> <1>. I am not sure if I need to update the firmware . . . perhaps what vlad_vy just posted yesterday: Reference nightly build Deviation v5.x.x I am hesitant because the dfu on the T8SG USB drive is "deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-e801244.dfu" which does not seem to match what the splash screen shows, thus I do not think I will be able to go back to what came stock on the tx . . .

More
17 Aug 2019 02:03 #74915 by davdrone1
I'm on my second EX2 mini, after an ESC went bad on the first one. The new one also requires me to select and press "Bind" on my original black/silver Jumper T8SG. I find powering the Jumper on, pressing "Bind" and then inserting the battery in the EX2 mini is the fastest way to set up. I'm playing with settings in DeviationTX to offset the tendency of the EX2 mini to drop tail first when I throttle down at the moment. So far it's looking good in a 30kph breeze - if it works in still air, I'll go ahead and buy a replacement esc board. If not, I'll gut it and go for an F4 stack.
I'll reflash with the latest dfu and get back with a progress report soon.

Time flies like a banana

• Kentuckian
  • Home is Bullitt County, Ky
More
19 Aug 2019 02:55 #74924 by Kentuckian
Replied by Kentuckian on topic Bugs 3 mini
1.) If I upgrade to the current Nightly Build (... 28ce50f at 2019-06-09 ) will that include the Bugs3 Mini improvements that have been tested as read above. I think I read where the guru called "Goebish" ; ) said it would be added to the Nightly Builds. I'm new to this stuff and getting a firmer grip on the learning curve.
2.) After the DfuSe tool upgrading is finished, can I selectively copy the new file folders to my Jumper+ via USB mode? ie. keep the model.ico, model.ini, tx.ini as they are. Also why is it suggested that I not copy the new debug.zip and the new .dfu file to the Jumper via USB mode after upgrade? Why would I want those 2 upgraded ones to remain on the Jumper+? Pls reply and thanks!

Live in FailSafe mode

More
19 Aug 2019 03:18 #74925 by Wildfire305
I'm running the 6-9-19 version and still can't keep the bugs 3 mini bound. Have to rebind it every time. I used the Java based tool to upgrade my firmware and it made it super easy. I will suggest backing up the USB directory. It has the original firmware and I couldn't find that anywhere. I backed it up and have been successful in upgrading /downgrading the firmware.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds