Bugs 3 mini

• Kentuckian
  • Home is Bullitt County, Ky
More
19 Aug 2019 20:19 #74939 by Kentuckian
Replied by Kentuckian on topic Bugs 3 mini
These 3 Qs Please and I'll fade away...(as best I can) Thanks in advance.
1.) If I upgrade to the current Nightly Build (... 28ce50f at 2019-06-09 ) will that include the Bugs3 Mini improvements that have been tested as read above. I think I read where "Goebish" said it would be added to the Nightly Builds. I'm 71 and new to this stuff and getting a firmer grip on the learning curve.
2.) After the DfuSe tool upgrading is finished, can I selectively copy the new file folders to my Jumper+ via USB mode? ie. keep the model.ico, model.ini, tx.ini as they are. Also why is it suggested that I not copy the new debug.zip and the new .dfu file to the Jumper via USB mode after upgrade? Why would I want those 2 upgraded ones to remain on the Jumper+? Pls reply and thanks!
3.) When or is it a good idea to reformat the Jumper USB?

Live in FailSafe mode

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2019 23:19 #74941 by davdrone1
Replied by davdrone1 on topic Bugs 3 mini
Hi Kentuckian -here's my take
1. Yes, the latest nightly build 2019-06-09, ... 28ce50f includes the most recent B3 mini improvements.
I flash new versions of the firmware (.dfu files) to the Jumper when they come out, but have not seen any changes to the files that are for the USB area of memory for a very long time.
2. Yes, I treat the USB "drive" on the Jumper like any other small USB stick. I back up the original contents and then modify, remove and upgrade individual modelxx.ini files to suit the various models I fly. I have also modified the sound.ini file, and added additional tiny .bmp files for different models. Since I backup the USB "drive" after any significant change, I don't keep .zip and .dfu files on it.
3. I have never had cause to reformat my Jumper USB, although I will do it if any sign of file corruption appears. I bought the original Jumper within weeks of them appearing on the market. Others who have had problems with the USB "drive" have found that trying different USB cables fixes the problem.
Hope this helps. I am also ancient, and came at this hobby cold a couple of years ago. It's proving to be a lot of fun on multiple fronts!

Time flies like a banana

• Kentuckian
More
20 Aug 2019 02:44 #74943 by Kentuckian
THANKS! I'll get to work on the B3Mini again. I did get it to bind today, armed the motors via D sw, and when I lifted off it went crazy. No control at all. It flies so very great with the OEM tx then bonkers with the Jumper+. I fly a few Bayang proto whoops with the Jumper no prob. Great control and dx. This Bugs Mini is bugging me, Lol. I'll check out the captures tmw and let you know how it goes. I do very much appreciate your help.

Live in FailSafe mode

More
20 Aug 2019 02:59 #74944 by Wildfire305
Replied by Wildfire305 on topic Bugs 3 mini
You might have to reverse the throttle and yaw channels. That might explain the craziness. Test it out with no props.

• Kentuckian
More
20 Aug 2019 19:40 #74948 by Kentuckian
Jumper T8SG user. Would you PLEASE send me a copied text of the working "model.ini" file you have generated for the Bugs3 Mini. It's easily grabbed when the Jumper is put into USB mode. After you open the one it is in the "Models" folder, a simple copy-and-paste to your text editor (ie. Notepad) will do. The B3Mini protocol is what I load to fly the model but none of the channels are set up, ect. It does a bind, beeps continuously, it don't fly.
I use a model.ini file I obtained from Benedikt at Micro Warehouse to fly my Beta 65s Lite and it works great! Without his tweaks to the Bayang proto it flys a bit "wonky". If you will, please email the text file to me:
< This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. >
"Obewan Thejumper", you may be my only hope!" This old guy is determined to solve this mystery and finally fly my Deviated Bugs 3 Mini. Then I'll stick to it and my Whoops. My Parrot Bebop 2 needs no help. :^D
BTW, many thanks to this community. I live in a verrry small berg in Ky. No RC clubs here. I'm an older guy (71) learning but totally enjoying this hobby. I stay near to home and my wife of 52 years but I terrorize her hairdos with mini whoops and a nearby park with the Mini Bugs when school is in session and it's vacant.
Sorry to be so wordy. Thanks in advance for any and all help. Blessings.

Live in FailSafe mode

• Kentuckian
More
21 Aug 2019 03:53 #74951 by Kentuckian
I DLd the "captures" you posted. I also installed Notepad++ to open them. I was intrigued but had not a clue what they were. Computer code of sorts I guess.There must be those who understand and can use ".LOGICDATA" files. I am unabashedly a noob. Sorry but thanks for doing that.
All I'm savvy enough to do at this point is to hopefully load a copy of someone's working Bugs 3 Mini "model.ini" file into my Jumper T8SG via USB. My perhaps flawed thinking is , "If it flies for you it should fly for me." The perfect storm would be to find someone who uses the same model Jumper (mine's the T8SG v.2 PLUS version) who flies the Bugs Mini with it and posts up or sends a copy of that model.ini file to me. Maybe we'd have to be running the same .dfu FW too but maybe not. Let me know your version just in case. That's what I'd like to try. If that don't solve it at least I'll have learned that much more. It worked for me with another quad. I will get this done! (With your help?)
It's strange to me that to have embedded "Bugs3 Mini" as a protocol choice on the Jumper and it not work as is !? Thanks ya'll.
I appreciate any and all help. Love to have that model.ini file!
< This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. > Blessings.

Live in FailSafe mode

More
21 Aug 2019 04:44 #74952 by davdrone1
I've just sent you a copy of my model.ini file. Although I have the original Black/Siver Jumper, it should work on your V2 version.
Switch positions should be the same, and the .dfu file you use should not matter, as long as it has the Bugs 3 mini protocol.

Time flies like a banana

• Kentuckian
More
22 Aug 2019 04:07 #74954 by Kentuckian
Thanks! Your my new best friend! I have been updating you via email but just wanted to acknowledge my appreciation here. I did notice that Channel 10 Acro/Stabil Mode selection is not configd in your .ini file. In my "noobness" I may not have recognized it. It may even be imbedded somehow in the protocol but I guess the switch would still have to be selected in the mixer. (Am I talking this talk or what!? Lol.) Thanks for your help. Find out tmw if I got it together yet or not. I'm saying "YES!" Gonna fire that Mini Bugger up.

Live in FailSafe mode

More
22 Aug 2019 05:25 #74956 by davdrone1
Happy to help.
I had channel 10 (acro/angle) setup on switch C, but after trying acro, I removed it. I agree with those that say it doesn't work well. Less kind flyers say that MJX has no idea how to implement acro. And yes, you do have to turn off and rebind to bring up acro if you set a switch for it.

What I have done in the model, is set it for the throttle to blip whenever the right stick (AIL and ELE) is moved. This effectively corrects the tendency to drop tail first when using ELE or AIL. I had it set too aggressively at first, but I tested the version I sent you today, and it works well. I'll put up a link to a YouTube test flight here soon.

Time flies like a banana

More
22 Aug 2019 09:28 #74962 by davdrone1
Link to my YouTube video showing part of my DeviationTX model.ini for the EX2 mini, and a test flight to assess improvement.

Time flies like a banana

More
28 Aug 2019 12:40 - 28 Aug 2019 12:42 #75047 by pzcato
Replied by pzcato on topic Bugs 3 mini
can you post your model.ini

edit: please
Last edit: 28 Aug 2019 12:42 by pzcato.

More
28 Aug 2019 14:24 #75048 by xalex75
Replied by xalex75 on topic Bugs 3 mini

davdrone1 wrote: I agree with those that say it doesn't work well. Less kind flyers say that MJX has no idea how to implement acro.

Hi.
I flashed my T8SG v2 as soon as support for B3 mini with autobind was introduced, and never updated since then.
Angle mode works quite fine.
Now I'd like to try acro, before buying a real acro quad.
Do you think that acro on B3 mini will not be a good experience then?
I thought that it would suffer lack of power, due to the fact that it's a 2S quadcopter, but reading what you wrote I'm afraid that it will not work very well.
What isn't working well exactly?
Upgrading to the last version will help in some way?
Thanks.

• Kentuckian
More
28 Aug 2019 14:45 #75049 by Kentuckian
Check out 'Frequent Flyer" on YouTube. He kills it in Acro with the Bugs Mini. I'm still trying to get it to fly right in Level.

Live in FailSafe mode

More
29 Aug 2019 00:05 #75050 by davdrone1
This guy has reviewed many MJX Quads over the years. This review put me off buying the Bugs 3 mini when it came out.
Tigger's RC Reviews - "MJX RC BUGS 3 mini extra ACRO flight tests, compare to other ACRO quad" from 26th Dec 2017
From a brief trial using my Jumper, acro with fpv on the EX2 mini feels clunky compared to acro on my iFlight CineBee.
Having said that, I have not flown much in acro, as I'm getting the results I want without it.

I attach my current modelx.ini file for my EX2 mini.

Time flies like a banana
Attachments:

More
29 Aug 2019 07:01 #75052 by xalex75

Kentuckian wrote: Check out 'Frequent Flyer" on YouTube. He kills it in Acro with the Bugs Mini. I'm still trying to get it to fly right in Level.

Mine flies quite well in level mode, I think.
I didn't try acro yet.

More
29 Aug 2019 07:09 #75053 by xalex75

davdrone1 wrote: "MJX RC BUGS 3 mini extra ACRO flight tests, compare to other ACRO quad"

Yesterday I watched a comparison between B3 mini (or ex2 mini, I don't remember) and king kong.
It said that king kong was really smoother and B3 was too nervous, but i think that comparing a brushed and a brushless is not the best.
king kong was smoother, ok, but it was way less powerful too.
Thank you very much for your model.ini, I will update T8SGv2 fw and then try your model.

More
31 Aug 2019 16:53 #75065 by xalex75

davdrone1 wrote: I attach my current modelx.ini file for my EX2 mini.

Hi.
I'm trying your model.
Few questions...
Channel 6 is for leds on/off.
Your channel 6 config is:

[channel6]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch6
switch=SW B0
scalar=-100
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=SW B1
dest=Ch6
switch=SW B1
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=SW B2
dest=Ch6
switch=SW B2
scalar=-100
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed

what is it supposed to do?

Then... channel 10 is used to switch from angle to acro and viceversa..
You don't have channel 10 in your model.ini.
How do you activate acro mode?

• Kentuckian
More
31 Aug 2019 17:13 #75066 by Kentuckian
He didn't use it b/c acro doesn't function well on the mini. That seems to be the popular opinion anyway.

Live in FailSafe mode

More
01 Sep 2019 00:16 #75067 by davdrone1
My code for channel6 (listed above) turns off the LEDs if Switch B is switched to the central position - 1. In positions 0 and 2 the LEDs stay on.
This can done with less code, but I decided to specify all 3 positions as on or off.
For acro, you could copy this code for channel10, and change from SW B to SW C. You can tell when it boots in acro from the warning sound.

Time flies like a banana

More
01 Sep 2019 08:49 #75068 by xalex75
Thanks for the reply. I already have acro and light switch working, I was just curious. I only copied your channels 1-4, then I used my settings for the remaining part. I'm also using range and battery alarm showing telemetry on the display.
I still have to fly with your setting, I just tried it few minutes in the garden but mosquitos made me run inside quickly. :-(

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds