Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

More
31 Aug 2017 00:25 #64044 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic New TX from Banggood
I got reply from T8SG maker , this is their questions,

Translate to English as below,
1, About voice module,where can they get relative information about hardware.
2, They are preparing sample for FCC/CE verification but they got some trouble about frequency setting(I'm not really understand about this question)
3, Is it to register an account for they customer service person then they can reply something? (I will help them to register an Deviation account)
4, They are willing to cooperate with Deviation and produce a serial multiprotocol TX such as color touch screen etc. , how can they get Deviation authorization? what's the detail condition about authorization?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2017 00:30 #64047 by dc59

mwm wrote: I think they need to do two things in order to cooperate with us:

1. Get preproduction units to some of the developers here.
  2. Have someone on these forums to get general feedback on them

Needs to happen preproduction so that the changes make it into production. And you can't really tell about things until they're in your hands. The developers should have the best feel for what's possible/coming, as well as a good feel for what the community wants.

Hi Mike,

1, How many developers need sample/prototype TX do you think? would you please give me a list? I can help to discuss with them.
2, I will help them to register a Deviation forum account for replying question and get feedback.

Thank you very much.

More
31 Aug 2017 00:30 #64048 by Nitro_123
Replied by Nitro_123 on topic New TX from Banggood
Holy moly this is amazing ! PhracturedBlue, mwm, goebish, midelic and everyone else who's ever worked on these a big thank you :D
It's all yours to customise :D

More
31 Aug 2017 01:41 - 31 Aug 2017 01:42 #64050 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic New TX from Banggood

dc59 wrote:

Please post the google translate version of this (or just post/attach the utf text). Might help to figure out item 2.

Lots of information on the voice mod here . Here's a dfplayer datasheet .

It would be nice to have all unused mcu pins brought out to a pad or via for future experimenting. A stereo connector for the trainer port with both tx and rx i/o pins connected. I second the suggestion to make the gimbal mounting compatible with the taranis.
Last edit: 31 Aug 2017 01:42 by hexfet.

More
31 Aug 2017 01:48 #64051 by dc59

hexfet wrote: Please post the google translate version of this (or just post/attach the utf text). Might help to figure out item 2.

Lots of information on the voice mod here . Here's a dfplayer datasheet .

It would be nice to have all unused mcu pins brought out to a pad or via for future experimenting. A stereo connector for the trainer port with both tx and rx i/o pins connected. I second the suggestion to make the gimbal mounting compatible with the taranis.

Hi Hexfet,

Google translate version:
1. What kind of hardware support does the sound module add (with or without this tutorial)
2.FCC and CE certification issues, is preparing samples sent to the certification company (the current certification company needs remote control frequency, the default is the frequency hopping certification company that can not measure the transmission frequency power, the need for fixed high, medium and low Frequency)
3. Customer service in the Deviation Forum reply is a direct account can be registered?
4. We would like to be able to work with Deviation official, launched a series of multi-protocol remote control (such as follow-up color touch) cooperation or authorization required what conditions

More
31 Aug 2017 03:20 - 31 Aug 2017 03:29 #64052 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic New TX from Banggood
Based on past testing with FCC for telecom I've a guess at item 2. For the lab testing they need the radio to have a test mode(s) to transmit at certain frequencies ("high, medium, and low"), possibly with a given power level (max possible, max allowed, etc), for a set duty cycle or other test parameters. For example my company had to provide a test program to stream "U" out all serial ports for FCC emission testing.

Can we get the requirements for the test modes that are needed? The certification company should have guidance on the things the equipment under test needs to do.
Last edit: 31 Aug 2017 03:29 by hexfet.

More
31 Aug 2017 03:49 #64053 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic New TX from Banggood
If they are talking colour touch screen, then the same body but using colour touch ala the Devo 6S would be awesome. That said, I reckon the body needs a little work, a bit grippier /more ergonomic etc.
Maybe a rotary encoder could be a good addition that they could work with the developers to implement, for more user-friendly non-touch nav?

More
31 Aug 2017 05:29 #64055 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic New TX from Banggood

dc59 wrote: 1, How many developers need sample/prototype TX do you think? would you please give me a list?.

From Github commits, the Most active developers are:

PhracturedBlue
Goebish
Vladislavy
F-D-R
Hexfet
mwm
Victzh (though I havent heard from him in a while)
And me (Moeder)

I hope I didnt forget anyone.

More
31 Aug 2017 06:38 #64056 by mtx63
Replied by mtx63 on topic New TX from Banggood
A cheap replica. No CE.
Deviation is a grey area.

More
31 Aug 2017 06:53 #64057 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic New TX from Banggood
I hope my radio will be shipped really soon ..... I think they want to work for future improvements .... I am pretty sure.
But this first radio.... is already really promising.... Now the FCC certification is another story for sure.

More
31 Aug 2017 06:55 #64058 by dc59

Moeder wrote: From Github commits, the Most active developers are:

PhracturedBlue
Goebish
Vladislavy
F-D-R
Hexfet
mwm
Victzh (though I havent heard from him in a while)
And me (Moeder)

I hope I didnt forget anyone.

Thanks Moeder! I have sent them the list , I will let you know their answer once I get reply form them. :)

More
31 Aug 2017 07:00 #64059 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic New TX from Banggood

mtx63 wrote: A cheap replica. No CE.
Deviation is a grey area.

Yep.
If you mind, don't use it!

More
31 Aug 2017 07:16 #64060 by kaligola
Replied by kaligola on topic New TX from Banggood
im happy spending little more and enjoy my 10 with 4in1 without doubt. the only thing i like with this is the throttle spring that i yet modified on my devo 7 and gonna make on my 10

More
31 Aug 2017 07:36 #64061 by dc59
@Moeder

I just got reply from them , they will send sample TX to 8 developers on your list,
but they need your name , address , phone no. , mode 1 or 2 data, would you please
PM me those data? or if you want to contact them directly , I can PM you their e-mail.

And they just told me , T8SG used different LCD, they changed some code in lcd.c as below,

void LCD_Contrast(unsigned contrast)
{
//int data = 0x20 + contrast * 0xC / 10;
LCD_Cmd(0x81);
int c = contrast; //contrast should range from ~72 to ~200
LCD_Cmd(c);
}

void LCD_Init()
{
//Initialization is mostly done in SPI Flash
//Setup CS as B.0 Data/Control = C.5
rcc_peripheral_enable_clock(&RCC_APB2ENR, RCC_APB2ENR_IOPBEN);
rcc_peripheral_enable_clock(&RCC_APB2ENR, RCC_APB2ENR_IOPCEN);
gpio_set_mode(GPIOB, GPIO_MODE_OUTPUT_50_MHZ,
GPIO_CNF_OUTPUT_PUSHPULL, GPIO0);
gpio_set_mode(GPIOC, GPIO_MODE_OUTPUT_50_MHZ,
GPIO_CNF_OUTPUT_PUSHPULL, GPIO5);
LCD_Cmd(0xE2); //Reset
volatile int i = 0x8000;
while(i) i--;
LCD_Cmd(0xAE); //Display off
LCD_Cmd(0xA6); //Normal display
LCD_Cmd(0xA4); //All Points Normal
LCD_Cmd(0xEA); //??
LCD_Cmd(0xA0); //ADC Normal
LCD_Cmd(0xC8); //Common Output Mode Scan Rate
LCD_Cmd(0x2C); //Power Controller:Booster ON

More
31 Aug 2017 07:41 #64062 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic New TX from Banggood
It would be nice to know the exact type of the LCD driver, and how we can detect it.That way we could include the detection, and add these differences dinamically.
Otherwise it would need a different target...

More
31 Aug 2017 08:07 #64063 by dc59

FDR wrote: It would be nice to know the exact type of the LCD driver, and how we can detect it.That way we could include the detection, and add these differences dinamically.
Otherwise it would need a different target...

Hi FDR,
They mail me this file about LCD.

File Attachment:

File Name: RXK12864-16-9.pdf
File Size:979 KB
Attachments:

More
31 Aug 2017 12:21 #64067 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic New TX from Banggood
Moedder beat me to it. While the gitthub active list isn't perfect (some devs have gone inactive, and some just do pull requests), is about as close as your going to find.

You might pass on that the best way to submit change to deviation is through a pull request oh GitHub.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
31 Aug 2017 12:58 #64068 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic New TX from Banggood
I am actually quite encouraged by the response from these guys. I was not expecting them to be so interested in working with our community.
it appears this transmitter will need a new target, even if it is a variant of the devo7e-256.
One thing I'm a little concerned about is the development loop. Often companies will rev their hardware with no notification. If they have one-time flashed firmware, they can just fire and forget. But we would need to support every iteration that is released.
We should ask that if they decide to make hardware modifications, they provide a mechanism to identify the hardware rev. The easiest way is to code it into the bootloader (assuming they have one).

dc59,
Can you ask them whether they have a USB bootloader installed in the firmware? Otherwise, it makes it much harder for an end-user to update their device.

More
31 Aug 2017 13:55 #64071 by Nitro_123
Replied by Nitro_123 on topic New TX from Banggood
If the tx is going to need a new target anyways, would it be possible to use a bigger screen ? Looks nicer :D
And a more powerful processor if possible but I assume that will require a bit of hardware reshuffling.
The added processing power might be useful later on for things like lua scripts if they are implemented and so that Devs don't worry all the time about running out of flash :D

More
31 Aug 2017 16:17 - 31 Aug 2017 16:18 #64073 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic New TX from Banggood
I agree with PB that a new target would actually be preferred to distinguish this from other builds for the mentioned reasons, and also to not further confuse end users.
Information on the boot loader used would be interesting, I suspect they used the devo7e boot loader code provided in the U7E instructions. I'm not sure this could impose legal complications for the manufacturer, as it is a Walkera development.
A possibilty to make firmware updates is a must have, first of all since the build they are using in the pictures (based on the commit hash) still has the buggy Mux delay code....:blush:

@dc59: I sent you a PM
Last edit: 31 Aug 2017 16:18 by Moeder.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds