Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

More
19 Jan 2018 10:22 #66995 by Moeder
Well, fora first quick throw the t8sg was well, but we had some things to solve to make future builds usable. And with the advent of another competitively priced deviation radio (irange) I'm happy to see that Jumper is trying to make a reliable and even better product.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2018 02:58 #67003 by glenby

ramunas wrote: @glenby - With the stock transmitter you do not have a choice of going to lower voltages - that requires replacement of the stock voltage regulators, and purely experimental at this point. What is important is that your battery be well above 7.4v. There is not much drain (about 150ma) and any reasonable 2S LiPo will do fine. I may have confused you with discussion of my low voltage experiments. The bottom line was that I ran into symptoms very similar to what you are seeing when I used very low voltages which prevented the triggering of the power-down save. In your case you have plenty of battery voltage so that is not the issue. But any problem in the continuity of the connections from the bottom pin of the power switch to the mcu pin that initiates the power-down save will have the same symptoms. So that is the reason for checking that the + battery voltage is there on the on the bottom pin of the power switch, and that it makes it to bottom pin of the main board Off/On socket, etc. But if you are not comfortable opening the transmitter to chase down the fault in the signal path, don't do it.

Howdy All,

pulled back off.
main switch voltages make it to the header pins of on/off socket .
voltage at pins is about .3v less than battery voltage and same as main switch. currently 7.94v
when switch on voltage goes to top pin (yellow)
when switch off voltage goes to bottom pin (black)

cheers

a few disparate kites

More
20 Jan 2018 04:26 #67005 by glenby
ok,
some further testing.

copied usb contents to pc then formatted drive (not quick format).
after formatting, copied contents back onto drive.

seems to save now.
have tested saving in model. changing power from 100mw to 150mw 3 models. reboot after each change.
have tested saving in mixer. adding extra aux channel - 3 models. reboot after each change.

I dont know if it is significant but when turning the radio off now, the screen backlight goes off and a couple of seconds later it powers down.
Prior to that I think it waited a few seconds then everything shutdown at once. no backlight off etc.

a few disparate kites

More
20 Jan 2018 04:54 #67006 by vlad_vy
I don't quite understand, does it save all settings now? Shutdown sequence is normal now.

More
20 Jan 2018 04:57 - 20 Jan 2018 05:00 #67007 by ramunas
That is great. I was just preparing a response on your first tests to say that the measurements were representative of the system working perfectly to the point where you tested. Looks like there was some bug in the first load that prevented the power-down save, and the hardware signal path in fact was just fine. The backlight sequence you now see is the normal sequence: the backlight goes out immediately, but the screen contents can still be seen on a dark screen for a couple of seconds, after which everything (screen and power leds) go blank. That couple of seconds is in fact the power-down save period. Great - enjoy your system
Last edit: 20 Jan 2018 05:00 by ramunas.

More
20 Jan 2018 08:41 #67008 by vlad_vy
No, configurations saved before backlight off.

More
20 Jan 2018 08:54 #67010 by glenby

vlad_vy wrote: I don't quite understand, does it save all settings now? Shutdown sequence is normal now.

vlad,
in the spot testing I did, things seem to save.
Now I have it working and tested a both frsky and ahfds (my main 2 protocols) I will be adding a few more models and increasing the complexity of the setups.
a glider with some telemetry, more complex mixes etc.
If it fails to save, I will provide an update.

perhaps having the back off and pressing connectors down and double checking things made a proper connection that was not there before.

cheers and thanks to all for comments and suggestions.

a few disparate kites

More
22 Jan 2018 15:02 - 22 Jan 2018 15:05 #67046 by Piedro
Jumper T8SG Plus available in March 2018 for $129?

Source: www.firstquadcopter.com/news/jumper-t8sg-plus-transmitter/
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Jan 2018 15:05 by Piedro.

More
23 Jan 2018 14:52 - 23 Jan 2018 15:26 #67075 by ykev
Hi All, need your big help. i got this tx and first night was so excited and binded all of my tiny whoops with bayang protocol. But next morning(last friday), i got stuck in usb screen upon turning it on. So i waited a bit and charged up my lipo and tried again, that time the usb screen gone(i didnt do anything , only plugged in the newly charged battery), but got another error " missing modules cyrf6936" Anyway i flashed the fireware as i had already done reseach for stuck in usb screen while charging the lipo, many people fixwd that by flashing latest firmware. But the missing module screen still present. i can click ok to go to the menu as usual, but no longer binding my drones anymore. my drone use NRF module but i got missing modules for cyrf6936. So i thought must be a way to bypass it. so i used force mode equal 1 in hardware.ini but didnt help. Since cyrf6936 by default is enabled so i uncommanded it and explicitly set ut equal to zero to disable it. Now i got missing modules error for the next module listed after cyrf6936 in the hardware.ini file. i followed the same procedure and proved that all modules are missing at the end. So looked like the whole 4in1 module is not working.
i have tried few of the nightly build firmwares and all got the same result.
While i am waiting for the seller to reply for help i wonder if all experts here got any advice. i really like this tx and just got into fpv recently cant wait to fly again.
i also tried slow format instead of quick format of the deviationtx file system then copied back the backup files i got. Yes, i saved all the folders and stock firmware before i flashed it. so now i downgrade it back to stock firmware, oct 11 one, and copied all folders back.
And i used Safely remove hardware" after copy filesystem?
i got second batch since the usb is accessible via the battery comp.
Last edit: 23 Jan 2018 15:26 by ykev.

More
23 Jan 2018 19:08 #67087 by mike_j
I really, really want some Hall effect gimbals for my T8SG.

The gimbals that come with it are just horrible. They don't return to the same value when released and they jitter as well.

Sure, I can solve that with deadband on the flight controller, but I'd much rather have sticks that return to zero when centred instead of a +/- 4 point variation.

More
14 Feb 2018 08:46 #67514 by yets
I guess that we won't be seeing the gimbals for the Devo series then as Jumper concentrate on the new TX?

More
15 Feb 2018 19:31 #67520 by Iroquois
Does anyone think this is an improvement?

More
22 Feb 2018 20:02 #67698 by robca
I have seen a few posts about the T8SG plus, but not a link to Banggood: www.banggood.com/Jumper-T8SG-Plus-V2_0-M...tml?cur_warehouse=CN

you can subscribe to the "alert me on arrival" button

More
22 Feb 2018 20:10 #67699 by Twilight_Sun
Replied by Twilight_Sun on topic Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

robca wrote: you can subscribe to the "alert me on arrival" button

this feature never worked for me. Don't know why...

More
23 Feb 2018 01:30 #67701 by zarni
Looks like you can "Add to Cart" a T8SG plus at gearbest with a shipping date of March 16- 20th
www.gearbest.com/radios-receiver/pp_1631010.html

robca wrote: I have seen a few posts about the T8SG plus, but not a link to Banggood: www.banggood.com/Jumper-T8SG-Plus-V2_0-M...tml?cur_warehouse=CN

you can subscribe to the "alert me on arrival" button

More
27 Feb 2018 14:34 #67807 by zarni
Another preorder has popped up for the plus version -> www.geekbuying.com/item/Jumper-T8SG-Plus...nsmitter-392121.html
If I did the math right,they are saying it is going to ship on March 14.

I was hoping to be seeing some pre-view reviews by now...

More
28 Feb 2018 11:31 #67826 by joohaky
Does anybody know when we can buy replacement hall sensor gimbals for T8SG?
Gimbals on my T8SG had been already broken. Now I am waiting for replacement hall sensor gimbals. :(

More
21 Mar 2018 06:52 #68234 by theandrewmillett
Replied by theandrewmillett on topic Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

dc59 wrote: " If " everything is OK , T8SG plus and DEVO hall gimble sample will be shipped to Deviation developers before end of Jan. ,
but I don't know when you can buy in on market ? it's depend on Jumper's policy , T8SG sent samples to developers and start
to sell at same time , but as you know there were many bugs need to fix ......... :(

Have there been any updates? Curious to know how things are coming along. I'm ready to throw my money at Banggood for a T8SG Plus once they're available.

More
21 Mar 2018 07:35 #68235 by dc59

theandrewmillett wrote: Have there been any updates? Curious to know how things are coming along. I'm ready to throw my money at Banggood for a T8SG Plus once they're available.

Delay for a long time ....
T8SG plus is ready , but hall gimbals got some trouble , don't know release date .

More
21 Mar 2018 07:59 #68237 by theandrewmillett
Replied by theandrewmillett on topic Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

dc59 wrote: Delay for a long time ....
T8SG plus is ready , but hall gimbals got some trouble , don't know release date .

To make sure that I'm understanding correctly, does that mean that the hall gimbals that are supposed to go into the T8SG Plus are having issues, which is delaying the release of the T8SG Plus? Or, does that mean that the hall gimbals in the T8SG are fine, but the replacement hall gimbals for the original T8SG (or devo, etc.) are having issues?

We've had a lot of different discussions about hall gimbals, so I want to make sure that I understand your answer.

Thank you!!

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds