Devo7e work

More
23 Jan 2013 13:47 #5434 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo7e work
The mW values used in Deviation really have no meaning whatsoever except for with a Devo6/8/10 using the stock module. It would be just as well to use 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 instead. Sometime I'll add options such that the values are accurate for the module being used, but it isn't that important at the moment. Did your V911 module look identical to the one in the pdf? It is also possible that they changed the design and removed the power-amp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2013 21:41 #5440 by Xermalk
Replied by Xermalk on topic Devo7e work

PhracturedBlue wrote: The mW values used in Deviation really have no meaning whatsoever except for with a Devo6/8/10 using the stock module. It would be just as well to use 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 instead. Sometime I'll add options such that the values are accurate for the module being used, but it isn't that important at the moment. Did your V911 module look identical to the one in the pdf? It is also possible that they changed the design and removed the power-amp.

I think there might be a bug with the power setting and changing models.

I was binding my v939 and v911 when i noticed the sometimes when i bind i lose the signal at 2-3m, at maximum power setting. When i powered of the tx and then on again, and rebound. It worked as it should.

More
24 Jan 2013 00:12 #5443 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic Devo7e work
Is the connection table correct?

Which one is better to locate A7105 module?
#1 :

#2 :

Attachments:

More
24 Jan 2013 00:15 #5444 by PhracturedBlue
Table looks good. I don't know which is better for placement. I'd probably put the antenna in with the devo7e antenna in the 'stub', but I'm no RF expert.

More
24 Jan 2013 01:57 #5445 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo7e work
With multiple modules, is the module currently used by the protocol the only one active? ie. is chip select doing anything with powering the module?

Couple of extraneous notes from those photos (first I've really seen of the 7e guts)
- antenna cable is soldered, not IPX socket. Not an issue, just noting.
- looks to me like the stubby antenna plastic can be lifted out, isn't a part of the body mould.
- might be some holes behind the "V" for adding LEDs of your choice, like the devo6. No idea where a suitable power supply is yet.
- note the spaces for extra switches from the devo6. Probably no obvious provision on the board for extra channels though?

Rand, while I agree that there shouldn't be any required hardware mods, I was bringing up the antenna point in response to the discussion of modding the module's internals; seemed to me that an antenna mod would be more achievable for most than an internal hack of SMD components. But again, that's only for those with the desire to fly longer ranges, pretty sure this puppy will suffice for me in it's stock configuration.

Hoping my 7e arrives soon, tracking shows it's been in the country for a few days but who knows where it is now and how long it'll take to actually get around to reaching me.

More
24 Jan 2013 02:49 #5446 by PhracturedBlue
Only one chip select is on at a time. Idle power f these modules is pretty reasonable.
The stub can be removed. I have no idea where I even placed mine.
Adding extra switches is possible. The issue is that the most obvious place to connect them is to the SWD port which has 2 open pads (TMS/TCK). But those are also the pads I use for the extra A7105 modules. Otherwise, we'd need to find unused pins on the MCU, but soldering them would be challenging for most folks

More
24 Jan 2013 03:59 #5447 by dc59

PhracturedBlue wrote: Table looks good. I don't know which is better for placement. I'd probably put the antenna in with the devo7e antenna in the 'stub', but I'm no RF expert.

Thanks PB.
I'd like to place antenna in stub, but I'm worry about interference issue ....
I will try it anyway.

More
24 Jan 2013 04:33 - 24 Jan 2013 04:34 #5448 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo7e work

PhracturedBlue wrote: Adding extra switches is possible. The issue is that the most obvious place to connect them is to the SWD port which has 2 open pads (TMS/TCK). But those are also the pads I use for the extra A7105 modules. Otherwise, we'd need to find unused pins on the MCU, but soldering them would be challenging for most folks

Just had a hair-brained thought (yes, another one); are the current MCU pins for the switches purely digital, or can they be ADC? Then could replace either or both switches with multi-position ones and just have some resistors on them, still connected to the MCU with the existing single line? Or even the two extra switches hooked up inline in such a way as it is possible to determine which switch is in which position (different resistor values on each switch)?

I guess I should start looking over the STM32 datasheet, so I might at least have some clue...
... OK, after a quick perusal I'm interpreting it as saying, as GPIO pins, they can be remapped as an alternate periperal, eg. ADC? Unless those specific physical pins are some of the ones that can't...

Not sure how that would impact compatibility with the other TXs, whether something could be worked out that can work across the board?

PS. Just posing these as thoughts for possible future directions, not "you must include this now!" ;)
Last edit: 24 Jan 2013 04:34 by RoGuE_StreaK.

More
24 Jan 2013 14:57 #5466 by RW9UAO
Replied by RW9UAO on topic Devo7e work
hi
i think about exclude some unused protocols. we need some #ifdef in the src/protocol/makefile.inc
ifdef DEVO_PROTOCOL
  PROTO_MODULES += $(ODIR)/protocol/devo.mod
endif
ifdef HUBSAN_PROTOCOL
  PROTO_MODULES += $(ODIR)/protocol/hubsan4.mod
endif

and in a src/target/devoxxxx/target_defs.h adding
#define DEVO_PROTOCOL

coz, a do not use hubsan, wk and a7105 modules, and do not need it in a final binary.

More
24 Jan 2013 15:02 #5467 by RW9UAO
Replied by RW9UAO on topic Devo7e work
may be i mistake and this already realised?

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
24 Jan 2013 16:26 #5468 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Devo7e work
No, only the hardware is defined (devo / a7105 hf module installed or not ==> some protocols are possible or not):
//Protocols
#define PROTO_HAS_CYRF6936
#define PROTO_HAS_A7105

More
24 Jan 2013 16:36 - 24 Jan 2013 16:37 #5471 by PhracturedBlue
This is completely unnecessary.
The binary for the devo7e does not include the protocols. that is what the modules are for. there is no shortage of FLASH at the moment, so excluding modules in a custom build is not needed.

When we start to feel additional memory pressure, I will react to it. Removing support for flysky, hubsan, dsmx, whatever will not provide more space for new features at this time.

Removing support for a module is supported, and likely necessary if you want to add adidtional hardware like more switches.
Last edit: 24 Jan 2013 16:37 by PhracturedBlue.

More
24 Jan 2013 18:57 #5476 by Lyndros
Replied by Lyndros on topic Devo7e work
Hi PB,

I have upgraded to the latest build,

- FMOD Switch right now is working properly.
- But it seems that still there must be a bug in the DSM2 protocol. I can not bind a MSR. Tried different configs in 7 and 6 channels without success.
Somebody here was able to bind DSM2 with the latest version?

Cheers,

More
24 Jan 2013 22:20 #5482 by PhracturedBlue
I can bind my AR6100 and Orange RX with DSM2 and my AR6100 with DSMX.
It often require several attempts which I don't understand as it works right away on my Devo8/10. So something does seem to be wrong, but I am unsure exactly what it is yet.

More
25 Jan 2013 00:07 - 25 Jan 2013 00:13 #5484 by dc59
I have done all sordering,and now it works perfectly with V911!! :cheer:

PB,
I copy tx.ini & models(dir) form devo10,it cause 7E some problem,
7E can't save any model data, everytime I reboot 7E TX,all changes gone,
and it stay at model1.

Is that mean devo10 model file can't be use at 7E?
or the problem cause by TX.ini ?
Thanks.
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jan 2013 00:13 by dc59.

More
25 Jan 2013 01:42 #5487 by PhracturedBlue
using devo10 models should work fine. I have no issue loading or saving models in my 7e with the version in the 1st post here. Please provide a specific set of instructions fo exactly how to reproduce and I'll take a look.

More
25 Jan 2013 01:43 #5488 by PhracturedBlue
note that the tx.ini for the devo10 has the battery threshold set incorrectly for the dveo7e. make sure you visit the transmitter page and properly set the voltage limits. This may be a reason why it wouldn't save the model file.

More
25 Jan 2013 02:50 #5490 by dc59

PhracturedBlue wrote: note that the tx.ini for the devo10 has the battery threshold set incorrectly for the dveo7e. make sure you visit the transmitter page and properly set the voltage limits. This may be a reason why it wouldn't save the model file.

I think TX.ini file is root cause of this problem,but I will try to reproduce it again.

More
25 Jan 2013 13:52 #5503 by dc59

PhracturedBlue wrote: note that the tx.ini for the devo10 has the battery threshold set incorrectly for the dveo7e. make sure you visit the transmitter page and properly set the voltage limits. This may be a reason why it wouldn't save the model file.

PB you are right.
I try to put DEVO10 TX.ini file into 7E, All models are 'locked',
then I put correct TX.ini file , it works very well.
DEVO10 models file are compatible with 7E.

More
26 Jan 2013 06:39 - 26 Jan 2013 09:55 #5538 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo7e work
I can report some bugs (for latest build) from russian forum:

1) Vibro = not works
2) Display contrast = not works
3) Protocol 2601 = every Tx reboot protocol options are reset to 5+1, you need manually select 6+1 or reload model.

Related to all Deviation
4) Every user complains about Tx low battery signal = short beep has place only once.
Last edit: 26 Jan 2013 09:55 by vlad_vy.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds