More
04 Feb 2013 16:40 #6004 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo7e work
You can use this for the latest code:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/1380-de...89f1f-devo12-support
or you can take
b76ac7445568
the filesystem ytou choose doesn't really matter
The main difference between the 2 is that the former contains the new switch mechanism which has not been very thoroughly tested

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2013 20:50 #6021 by skruth
Replied by skruth on topic Devo7e work
Cheers,
I've tried the bffc70489f1f build for 7e with the devo10 file system. My first attempt was the build from post #1 in the 7e thread and 2.1.1 devo10file system.
Both seem to work on the 7e but both also start up with a "Bad/missing protocol modules!" dialogue?

This is my first attempt with the 7e, I'm running official builds with huge success on my 8s and 6s.
What have I done wrong and how can I install a dfu/fs combo that has the module for dsm2/x?

Cheers again and thanks in advance, Stefan

More
04 Feb 2013 20:53 #6022 by PhracturedBlue
The 1st post doesn't have the installation instructions which are different for the dveo7e.

install the dfu and the filesystem (onlyneed to do the latter once).
Then boot to USB mode, and create a 'protocol' dir and copy the .mod files into it

More
04 Feb 2013 22:00 #6024 by skruth
Replied by skruth on topic Devo7e work
Yep, that did the trick.

Many thanks!

More
05 Feb 2013 07:14 #6037 by SadSack
Replied by SadSack on topic Devo7e work
Timeline 11:45>Tx arrived 3.00'ish> get to friends place. Batterys in, does it work? Check 3.10>forum, software 3.30 at friends place least i could do was talk to him :blink: So took lot longer to get that and read how to install 4.00>Installed but unsure if it was right 4.00'ish> asked and got help :blush:(thanks PB) and since then trying to get Pitch servo to move fully !!!!! :angry: Frigin thing moves fully in servo monitor.

Well that a side i can honestly say I've got a proper smile on my face :)First thought was this is very tiny TX and what i saw of text on screen nothing too great. Once installed I'm thinking I'll quite like this TX. Could be me but text looks a lot better. Few other things i really like trim sound, really do miss trim levers. Other stuff but you all know this all ready :lol: Did notice minor bug in one of the menu options but for now can't remember it's name.

If this wrong place to post this just move it, sorry.

Genius CP WK2601 RX
Servo's all work, checked.
Read manual and wk280pro didn't work for me so used WK2601. Its on 7 channel but had same problem with 6 (checked again). Have swapped servo leads around but pitch only moves a tiny amount but normal on other channel ports. Guess rx could be damaged but only flew it for 3/4 flights year ago :) and there is some movement.

File Attachment:

File Name: model2.ini
File Size:4 KB

Thanks, Phil
Attachments:

More
05 Feb 2013 07:24 #6039 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo7e work
Try 6+1 protocol option (2601).

More
05 Feb 2013 07:29 #6040 by SadSack
I'm using WK2601 and have used 6 channel and 7 channel but don't see 6+1 unless you mean 7?

More
05 Feb 2013 07:36 #6041 by SadSack
you mean this ..
[protocol_opts]
Chan mode=6+1
COL Inv=Normal
COL Limit=0

just edited it and added 6+1 but don't see on TX where to do it ?

More
05 Feb 2013 07:36 #6042 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo7e work
Press protocol (2601) button and you see protocol options.

More
05 Feb 2013 07:42 #6043 by SadSack
Excellent it moves. Didn't see that menu :oops:
Thanks

More
05 Feb 2013 13:31 #6050 by PhracturedBlue
As documented, the '6+1' mode is highly experimental. It uses some math to make channels that are not designed to be linearly proportional to be so. As such there may be glitches as you sweep the sticks. I generally don't recommend that mode unless you have no other option. A typical WK2601 heli likely would use 'Heli' mode, but you lose the flexibility to change the throttle curve too much.
Anyhow, the 2601 was an amazingly annoying protocol to work with. Other uses have reported bugs with it, though so far it works ok with the hardware I have.

More
06 Feb 2013 00:39 - 06 Feb 2013 00:55 #6067 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic Devo7e work

SadSack wrote: Timeline 11:45>Tx arrived 3.00'ish> get to friends place. Batterys in, does it work? Check 3.10>forum, software 3.30 at friends place least i could do was talk to him :blink: So took lot longer to get that and read how to install 4.00>Installed but unsure if it was right 4.00'ish> asked and got help :blush:(thanks PB) and since then trying to get Pitch servo to move fully !!!!! :angry: Frigin thing moves fully in servo monitor.

Well that a side i can honestly say I've got a proper smile on my face :)First thought was this is very tiny TX and what i saw of text on screen nothing too great. Once installed I'm thinking I'll quite like this TX. Could be me but text looks a lot better. Few other things i really like trim sound, really do miss trim levers. Other stuff but you all know this all ready :lol: Did notice minor bug in one of the menu options but for now can't remember it's name.

If this wrong place to post this just move it, sorry.

Genius CP WK2601 RX
Servo's all work, checked.
Read manual and wk280pro didn't work for me so used WK2601. Its on 7 channel but had same problem with 6 (checked again). Have swapped servo leads around but pitch only moves a tiny amount but normal on other channel ports. Guess rx could be damaged but only flew it for 3/4 flights year ago :) and there is some movement.

File Attachment:

File Name: model2.ini

Thanks, Phil

You set wrong swash type that's why you can only use 2601 mode,
you should set "SwashType=None" then it can work in 2801 mode
or use attached ini file.

File Attachment:

File Name: GCP-WK.ini

good luck.
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Feb 2013 00:55 by dc59.

More
06 Feb 2013 06:16 #6073 by SadSack
Well there's nothing simple with walkera.
Looking forward to flying GCP again.
Thanks for the help.

More
06 Feb 2013 06:38 #6075 by PhracturedBlue
I've started in on my ticket backlog. A bunch of fixes went in today:
General:
* 2601 protocol will no longer move rudder with throttle
* Source will be 'none' when the fixed curve is used
* automap=1 in template files will now work for complex mixers with multple sources
* buttons are debounced which should help with a single press activating multiple pages at once

7e specific:
* 7e contrast works
* 7e haptic feedback works
* 7e protocol options will be properly loaded during power on

I'll continue banging away at them. If your favorite bug has not been reported in bitbucket, I recommend adding it there. I am not considering new features in general at this time (unless the code is already written).

More
06 Feb 2013 10:39 #6079 by SadSack

PhracturedBlue wrote: I'll continue banging away at them. If your favorite bug has not been reported in bitbucket, I recommend adding it there. I am not considering new features in general at this time (unless the code is already written).

www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...stick-ppm-in-program
I had ago but no joy, no surprise there then :)

More
06 Feb 2013 10:51 - 06 Feb 2013 10:52 #6080 by SadSack
dc59

Kinda odd this. I tried using your ini and worked kinda but pitch was upside down. Which was a little odd.
I'm wondering if you have WK servo's installed as they work wrong way round. I had to swap pots wires around when i used HK servos to make them behave like WK servos. Hoping it's not needed anymore to be honest :)
Last edit: 06 Feb 2013 10:52 by SadSack.

More
06 Feb 2013 12:51 #6081 by Xermalk
Replied by Xermalk on topic Devo7e work
So, i managed to get the shield of. Wasn't the easiest job though.
As you can see on my image there was a insane amount of solder on the antenna corner so my iron could not melt it there.

I had to cut of that tab and leave it in place.

Is it the component at A that needs to be bridged if one wants to increase the transmit power?

RandMental wrote: I don’t suggest it will damage the TX, but if the power stage, its power supply and antenna matching are not designed for levels above 10dBm/10mW, we could generate serious noise (harmonics) all over the band and have signal integrity problems. A combination of over modulation, high power supply impedance and low battery voltage at these >10dBm levels will result in reduced range and an unreliable signal. (and then Deviation firmware gets blamed - sorry guys, some hard earned Amateur Radio RF experience coming through here)

Im guessing lowering the transmit power setting in deviation would avoid this if its the case? Im asking as its very unlikely ill be able to bridge these tiny components in a way that it can easily be undone.
Worst case id have to remove the diode and bridge the gap with solder.

As for bugs
Occasionally when i bind to my v939 and v911 i get a very short range, even though the tx is set at 150 mW.

Attachments:

More
06 Feb 2013 13:49 #6082 by PhracturedBlue

SadSack wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: I'll continue banging away at them. If your favorite bug has not been reported in bitbucket, I recommend adding it there. I am not considering new features in general at this time (unless the code is already written).

www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...stick-ppm-in-program
I had ago but no joy, no surprise there then :)

While that is a good feature, it is nowhere near ready to go into Deviation.

More
06 Feb 2013 13:57 - 06 Feb 2013 13:57 #6083 by PhracturedBlue
This is the diode that needs to be shorted:

I haven't tried it yet though, so no guarantees. Worst case is you need to replace it with an 8s module.
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Feb 2013 13:57 by PhracturedBlue.

More
06 Feb 2013 14:26 #6084 by Xermalk
Replied by Xermalk on topic Devo7e work
Right, well that screws up my plan.

Going to have to figure out what to do now. As theres just no room around those tiny components there.

And the big xtal dosnt help as it makes them harder to reach.

Seems the only way might be to remove the diode with a Surgical knife and then somehow bridge it. Either with solder, or some form of electrically conductive glue or paint.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds