Devo7e work

More
12 Feb 2013 10:49 - 12 Feb 2013 10:49 #6302 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic Devo7e work
BTW, the wiring is really very simple and I think most of us in the community can do it...

Will post photos so that everybody can do it later if we can make it..
Last edit: 12 Feb 2013 10:49 by cmpang.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2013 13:32 #6303 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo7e work
2) I hope you meant b5/c7 and b5/c9. You definitely do not want to use b7

5) is expected. we only operate on the 1st button we detect. However we always scan the entire matrix, and the 2 extra buttons you added are handled in a different way.

which way did you wire the diodes? I just realized that we use inverse logic. We drive the column to read low, and then look for a '0' on the row. I'm not sure the diode will work in this configuration due to the 0.7V drop across it.
Here is a new dfu.
It drives a '1' on the column to read, and looks for a '1' on the Row port. You should wire the diode so that current can flow from Port B to Port C.
It also completely masks the 2 new switches from the rest of the button code in case they were causing issues.
Attachments:

More
12 Feb 2013 13:37 #6304 by cmpang

PhracturedBlue wrote: 2) I hope you meant b5/c7 and b5/c9. You definitely do not want to use b7

5) is expected. we only operate on the 1st button we detect. However we always scan the entire matrix, and the 2 extra buttons you added are handled in a different way.

which way did you wire the diodes? I just realized that we use inverse logic. We drive the column to read low, and then look for a '0' on the row. I'm not sure the diode will work in this configuration due to the 0.7V drop across it.
Here is a new dfu.
It drives a '1' on the column to read, and looks for a '1' on the Row port. You should wire the diode so that current can flow from Port B to Port C.
It also completely masks the 2 new switches from the rest of the button code in case they were causing issues.

thanks for your prompt reply. will test this new version immediately

More
12 Feb 2013 14:16 #6307 by cmpang
Hi PB,

the good news is we have make one big step forward..

1. Double check again and confirm that the connection I make is at the juncton of Elevator TUand Aileron TR.. that means B7 instead of B5.

2. Diode current is from C7 to B7 now (reversed as from the previous version). So I think there may be a hardware inversion somewhere that turns the sofe negative logic back into hardware logic

3. Nevertheless, it works now. I can engauge CH3 and CH4 via the additional switch now.

4. Closure of the switches does not affect operations of other buttons. All buttons including the panel button and the stick trims.

5. However, there remains a catch. Operating either the Thottle Up trim or the Aileron Left trim will turn off both CH3 and CH4. Releasing the trim will engauge the channels back immediately.

6. Operating some items of the Transmitter menu will reboot the 7e. I think it is some other things not related to our implementation tough.

So until point 5 is cleared, everything works as expected.

cmPang

More
12 Feb 2013 14:34 #6310 by PhracturedBlue
That doesn't make much sense. I need to look at the matrix again, maybe there is some weird wiring going on in the hardware.

The good news is that we should be able to work around it by saving the state in this case. So you can't flip the switch while holding a trim, but the trim won't affect the state.

Here's a build that should do that
Attachments:

More
12 Feb 2013 14:38 #6312 by cmpang
pictures showing what I have done so far...

Attachments:

More
12 Feb 2013 14:49 - 12 Feb 2013 14:50 #6313 by cmpang
good news... point 5 is cleared. Everything works as expected. No interference to the buttons and trims and vice versa..

great thanks to PB.. now we can have a full feature 6 channels 7e with hold and FMOD feature... or a 8 plain channel radio

Just noticed that I am not able to map the switches to CH5 onwards in the Mixer page. Probably beacuse you are still updating the FW.. no big deal as yet..

now is the time I take out my drilling machine to make holes for the two new switches... :cheer:

cmPang
Last edit: 12 Feb 2013 14:50 by cmpang.

More
12 Feb 2013 15:11 #6314 by PhracturedBlue
FYI, if you get reboots, send me the errors.txt from from your Tx. That can potentially help me to debug them. Also tell me exactly what you were doing when they occurred. I do not expect to see reboots in the current build.

What happens if you map the switches to ch5 or above? I am not aware of any code that would prevent that. Do they just not work if you map them there?

More
12 Feb 2013 15:27 #6315 by cmpang

PhracturedBlue wrote: FYI, if you get reboots, send me the errors.txt from from your Tx. That can potentially help me to debug them. Also tell me exactly what you were doing when they occurred. I do not expect to see reboots in the current build.

What happens if you map the switches to ch5 or above? I am not aware of any code that would prevent that. Do they just not work if you map them there?

Reboot..

1.Switch on 7e as usual
2.Enter Transmitter Menu
3.Enter Transmitter Config
4.display clear with "Buzz settings" at the bottom line only
5.Press DN- and the display full of garbage characters
6.Keep pressing UP+, DN- and EXT for a while and the 7e reboots

Sorry I made a mistake,able to map to channels 5 and 6 and even 7 and 8 now.

More
12 Feb 2013 15:30 #6316 by cmpang
I don't see any error.txt in my transmitter.. where is it located?

More
12 Feb 2013 15:32 #6317 by cmpang
my impression is that it cannot display the proper character fonts upon point 5 above..

More
12 Feb 2013 15:37 #6318 by cmpang

cmpang wrote: now is the time I take out my drilling machine to make holes for the two new switches... :cheer:

cmPang

Attachments:

More
12 Feb 2013 16:44 #6321 by PhracturedBlue
you need to create errors.txt as an empty file in the same place as tx.ini.
it will then be filled with info on crash.

In this specific crash, I can reproduce easily, and I've fixed it (for now)
Here's an updated build. If you see more crashes, create the errors.txt file and then send me its contents after a crash.
Attachments:

More
12 Feb 2013 17:11 #6323 by cmpang

PhracturedBlue wrote: you need to create errors.txt as an empty file in the same place as tx.ini.
it will then be filled with info on crash.

In this specific crash, I can reproduce easily, and I've fixed it (for now)
Here's an updated build. If you see more crashes, create the errors.txt file and then send me its contents after a crash.

thx a lot ....

More
12 Feb 2013 17:17 #6324 by cmpang
get it. Everything works fine...

More
13 Feb 2013 03:35 #6339 by OnceAFly
Replied by OnceAFly on topic Devo7e work
Great! now not only the range extend but more switches :) Looking very good now and would like to mod both too! Can please show some detail on the switch mod and diodes cmpang? many thanks! And once again great work in this forum and really smart poeple here thats help to make every bit better! :cheer:

More
13 Feb 2013 04:05 #6340 by cmpang

OnceAFly wrote: ....show some detail on the switch mod and diodes cmpang? many thanks! :cheer:

the mod is easy to do.. just follow the photos I have posted and you will get it... of course you have to upgrade to the fw version PB has attached in order for it to work. As for the diodes, I use the most basic type 1N4001 rectifier as all the electronics stores are closed during Chinese New Years holiday .. nevertheless, it works..

let me know if you want more info..

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
13 Feb 2013 09:14 #6345 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Devo7e work
You can take nearly every diode. The limiting parameter would be the current (1N4001 up to 1A), but this will be small. E.g. 1N4148 would be sufficient (and smaller) or every other from the 1N400X-type.

More
13 Feb 2013 09:22 #6346 by OnceAFly
Replied by OnceAFly on topic Devo7e work
Do i add the diodes to both switches only or all 2 existing and mod switches including trims and buttons?

More
13 Feb 2013 10:58 #6348 by Xermalk
Replied by Xermalk on topic Devo7e work
I'm guessing there's no way of adding a pot instead of a switch?

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds