Devo7e work

More
13 Feb 2013 11:45 #6350 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo7e work

OnceAFly wrote: Do i add the diodes to both switches only or all 2 existing and mod switches including trims and buttons?

Pretty sure cmpang only added the diodes to the new switches.
rbe2012, if "just about any" diode can work, how about an LED? Don't think I've got any spare "normal" diodes handy, but I've got a shipload of LEDs...

Xermalk wrote: I'm guessing there's no way of adding a pot instead of a switch?

Not as part of the matrix, it's digital logic only. I queried a few pages back as to whether for example one of the current switch lines/pins could be remapped as an analogue rather than digital input; I think the main issue is that that kind of mod would be very user specific, most would want to keep the current switches as they are and maybe add a few more.

Maybe there's an unconnected pin spare that could be mapped as analogue, but you'd have to do some extremely precise soldering to connect to it, as usually unconnected pins terminate at the pad without any connecting traces to tap into.

PB, where's the best place to raise generic feature requests? In the devo7E thread on rcgroups the user Mike Meyer mentioned the 9X has "sticky" throttle hold and was asking of the 7E could do this, here's the gist of my reply:

If I'm reading right, that means that the throttle hold stays on after you engage the switch until you pull throttle to zero? ie., even if you flip the switch back, it still remains in throttle hold mode until you revert the stick?
If so, I don't think that's in deviation at the moment (could be wrong), but I reckon it would be a relatively straight-forward inclusion; have a search in the deviation forum, and if nothing comes up post a request outlining exactly how it's supposed to react.
My brief thought is that the TH switch could just set a flag, that isn't cleared until both the TH switch is back at 0 and the throttle stick is reading 0. Until that time, TH is active and overrides any throttle inputs.

I really need to get a dev environment set up here and start digging into the code to see if I can nut out what part does what.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2013 11:53 #6351 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Devo7e work

RoGuE_StreaK wrote: rbe2012, if "just about any" diode can work, how about an LED? Don't think I've got any spare "normal" diodes handy, but I've got a shipload of LEDs...

LED's probably won't do, because they have much larger voltage drop. Usually more then 1.5V instead of 0.6-0.7V, so the logic level might fall below the detection treshold.
However I haven't checked the data sheet, so it's only a guess...

More
13 Feb 2013 11:57 #6352 by FDR

RoGuE_StreaK wrote: In the devo7E thread on rcgroups the user Mike Meyer mentioned the 9X has "sticky" throttle hold and was asking of the 7E could do this, here's the gist of my reply:

If I'm reading right, that means that the throttle hold stays on after you engage the switch until you pull throttle to zero? ie., even if you flip the switch back, it still remains in throttle hold mode until you revert the stick?
If so, I don't think that's in deviation at the moment (could be wrong), but I reckon it would be a relatively straight-forward inclusion; have a search in the deviation forum, and if nothing comes up post a request outlining exactly how it's supposed to react.
My brief thought is that the TH switch could just set a flag, that isn't cleared until both the TH switch is back at 0 and the throttle stick is reading 0. Until that time, TH is active and overrides any throttle inputs.

The main problem with it, that (apart from the 'Standard' UI) we don't have a dedicated throttle hold function/switch...

More
13 Feb 2013 13:14 #6353 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic Devo7e work
Hi PB,

find it today that while in the Mixer setting, the curve display disappeared.. does it only happened in this specical version?

More
13 Feb 2013 13:32 #6354 by cmpang

Xermalk wrote: .... but you'd have to do some extremely precise soldering to connect to it, ....

yes and it is the reason that I would really like to add the two digital switches as it is very easy to do.. there is no point for a mod that only a very few members here are capable of..

More
13 Feb 2013 15:43 - 13 Feb 2013 15:48 #6359 by Xermalk
Replied by Xermalk on topic Devo7e work
Im having a very confusing issue with my Devo 7E.

And im not sure if its hardware or software.

When i lower the left stick (Throttle), the tx battery reading is lowered.
From 4.7V -> 3.75V. When i move the stick back up again the voltage reading is increased. (voltmeter says 4.9V across the battery pack)

This only happens when the throttle/pitch stick is moved and is completely unaffected by the other switches /buttons / sticks.

I see no reason for this behavior, and when i inspect the cables to the pot they look just fine.

deviation-devo7e-7b864654abff
Last edit: 13 Feb 2013 15:48 by Xermalk.

More
13 Feb 2013 15:55 #6360 by cmpang

Xermalk wrote: Im having a very confusing issue with my Devo 7E.

From 4.7V -> 3.75V. When i move the stick back up again the voltage reading is increased. (voltmeter says 4.9V across the battery pack)

This only happens when the throttle/pitch stick is moved and is completely unaffected by the other switches /buttons / sticks.

I see no reason for this behavior, and when i inspect the cables to the pot they look just fine.

I'd tried it with the same result.. from 4.93 to 5.92

More
13 Feb 2013 15:57 - 13 Feb 2013 16:00 #6361 by Xermalk
Replied by Xermalk on topic Devo7e work

cmpang wrote:

I'd tried it with the same result.. from 4.93 to 5.92

/pheww though it was hardware issue, i noticed it just as i was about to bind the third battery for the day on my master cp, and it wouldn't bind. Not doing 3d, and using a fixed speed in my esc with soft start so wouldn't have noticed it ussualy.

Its also present when the charger is connected. from 7.01V -> 6.09V

Anyone without flysky/bridged diode mod that could check to?
Last edit: 13 Feb 2013 16:00 by Xermalk.

More
13 Feb 2013 17:06 #6365 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Sticky throttle hold

FDR wrote:

RoGuE_StreaK wrote: In the devo7E thread on rcgroups the user Mike Meyer mentioned the 9X has "sticky" throttle hold and was asking of the 7E could do this, here's the gist of my reply:

The main problem with it, that (apart from the 'Standard' UI) we don't have a dedicated throttle hold function/switch...

The 9 doesn't have a dedicated throttle hold switch, either. Then again, running Open9x, it doesn't have any dedicated switches.

The sticky throttle hold is implemented using a pair of software switches (similar to the stick position switches in devention) and a software channel.

One software switch follows the throttle, going on when the throttle hits bottom. The software channel retains it's old value, unless that software switch is on, in which case goes to bottom, unless a hardware switch (typically throttle cutoff switch, but it could be anything) is on, in which case it goes to top. Finally, that channel controls the second software switch, setting it to on/off depending on whether it's above/below midpoint. That software switch is then used for the "throttle hold" switch.

It's a little bit convoluted, but it's all done in the Tx config, no software mods required, and on a transmitter with much less capable hardware than the 7E.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
13 Feb 2013 18:51 #6367 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Sticky throttle hold
What you are asking, I think is that when no switch is active, the mix retains its last value. I believe that would allow you to get the behavior you want. Would need to try it and see. This is not the thread to discuss the implementation though.

More
13 Feb 2013 22:30 #6371 by Mullson
Replied by Mullson on topic Devo7e work
Hi cmpang
Could you please post pictures of the completed switch mod. I have a hunch of it butt I get so much more serten when I can see it done.
I am certain I can help the community I just need to get up to date.

More
13 Feb 2013 22:55 - 13 Feb 2013 23:06 #6372 by Mullson
Replied by Mullson on topic Devo7e work
By the way the shield for getting to the diode to be shortened is really a cracker to get rid of.
To get it of in a hurry dremel it in 4 or 8 places, don't leave any debri, use vacuum or compressed air. remove it and clean up.
Remove the diode with a not to hot iron, and replaced it with a piece of coated copper wire (wires) in the right length and thickness. Preferably with a pair of teflon tweezers or timing. From one nob to another.
Last edit: 13 Feb 2013 23:06 by Mullson.

More
14 Feb 2013 06:49 #6377 by cmpang

Mullson wrote: Hi cmpang
Could you please post pictures of the completed switch mod. I have a hunch of it butt I get so much more serten when I can see it done.

will do it later tonight..

More
14 Feb 2013 06:58 #6378 by FDR

cmpang wrote:

Perhaps you could post it in the 'How To' section...
Thanks!

More
14 Feb 2013 16:34 #6380 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo7e work

I see this behavior, but can't explain it. I did some testing and the ADC really seems to behave this way. If I can't find a software issue, I can probably compensate for it, but it sure is weird.

More
14 Feb 2013 16:38 #6381 by cmpang

FDR wrote:

cmpang wrote:

Perhaps you could post it in the 'How To' section...
Thanks!

Done...

More
14 Feb 2013 19:57 #6382 by skruth
Replied by skruth on topic Devo7e work
I have the same since I`ve upgraded to build dcbb8c671. Jumping from 4.91 to 5.9 volts and various values in between. Changing protocol from flysky to dsm2 doesn't change it (I have installed the RF module from HK GT2 car radio -> hoping for higher range, devo module is stock 7e).
It was hopping only in the 10ish millivolt range before with the firmware from the devo12s thread (ending 1f1, I think it was).

HTH, Stefan

More
14 Feb 2013 20:52 #6383 by skruth
Replied by skruth on topic Devo7e work
Another quick question about the replacement of devo7e's RF module with the one from 6s/8s.
Can anybody point me to a complete pinout of the 8s module (WK-21201RF). What I've digged from the devo8 connections and the flysky doc looks like:

1 NSS??
2 SCK
3 GND
4 SDIO
7 MOSI
8 GND
9 MISO
10RESET

(referring to the numbering as shown in the flysky doc).

I would like to match it to (taken from PB's post, earlier in this thread):

1) Chip Select
2) CLK
3) MISO
4) MOSI
5) Reset
6) Vdd
7) GND

Cheers, Stefan

More
14 Feb 2013 20:52 #6384 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Devo7e work
Devo 10 has some issues too, voltage reading is ~1 volt lower than real. No jumping though.

Could the low pass filter be disabled for voltage reading?

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
15 Feb 2013 02:04 #6389 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo7e work
the low pass filter will not cause the voltage to drop in that way unless there is a bug which there may well be.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds