Devo7e work

More
16 Feb 2013 19:08 #6448 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo7e work

FDR wrote: You put the battery voltage measurement into the stick readout routine, didn't you?
I just wanted to suggest something like that to prevent the need for 2 kind of ADC reading... :)

we have never done 2 types of ADC reading. The STM32 has a handy scanning ADC, where you tell it which channels to scan and it will automatically read each in sequence. We've always done it that way.

Originally, I would execute the scan once per 5msec. This is how it has been until I started working on the devo12.

The devo12 has a design flaw that results in noise on some ADC channels. To address that I decided to read each channel multiple times and average the result. However, I still want to get one reading each 5msec, so I increased the sample rate such that we were constantly scanning the ADC (the STM32 allows this with no software interaction). I then just run an averaging routine every 5msec. This works well on the devo12, but on the devo 7e/8/10 it has the effect of making the TX voltage reading dependent on the value of the previous ADC (on the Devo8 it was aileron, on the devo7e it was throttle). I believe this happens because there is virtually no current through the voltage-sense pin, and so parasitic current from the ADC can affect the voltage.

I then put in a hack (which didn't work) to try to stabilize the TX voltage, but it resulted in glitches.

The current solution is to (a) slow down the scan rate for the 6/7e/8/10. Since we don't need as much averaging, I can get by with slower sampling and fewer samples on these tx. This drastically reduces the coupling between the stick position and the TX-voltage reading.(b) introduce a 'buffered' read between the last channel data and the tx-voltage. This acts as a shield and removes the rest of the input-stick coupling to the tx voltage.

I've tested on all of the TX I have, and see that I get accurate and stable results without any glitches on each.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2013 19:17 #6449 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Devo7e work
Sorry, I misinterpreted the additional ADC read in the sequence, but it was the temp sensor read, which was added just before the voltage read...

More
16 Feb 2013 21:12 #6464 by MacGyverek
Replied by MacGyverek on topic Devo7e work
I have few question about Devo 7e.

1. I found a Switch mod on one thread. Please tell me something about configuration. Can I add custom function for all switches?? For example: 1 switch-Flight mode, Next switch-Dual Rate, Next - Throtle hold, Next one - Gyro sensitivity??

2. Where can I found a user manual for Deviation software for Devo 7E or Devo 10?? Any screenshot???

3. There is any option for rollback to oryginal software (I can't found a Devo7E software on Walkera webage)

Thank you for answare and sorry for my english.

More
16 Feb 2013 21:22 - 16 Feb 2013 21:22 #6467 by PhracturedBlue

MacGyverek wrote: I have few question about Devo 7e.

1. I found a Switch mod on one thread. Please tell me something about configuration. Can I add custom function for all switches?? For example: 1 switch-Flight mode, Next switch-Dual Rate, Next - Throtle hold, Next one - Gyro sensitivity??

Switches can be assigned to any task in Deviation. This is true in both the 'standard' and 'advanced' interface

2. Where can I found a user manual for Deviation software for Devo 7E or Devo 10?? Any screenshot???

The devo10 manual is the same as for devo7e here:
www.deviationtx.com/repository/Documentation/
The 'Standard' interface is not documented, but looks similar to the original Walkera interface.

3. There is any option for rollback to oryginal software (I can't found a Devo7E software on Walkera webage)

Some users have managed to get Walkera to give them the firmware and have used it to roll back. For copyright reasons, it cannot be posted on these forums though.
Last edit: 16 Feb 2013 21:22 by PhracturedBlue.

More
16 Feb 2013 21:38 #6469 by MacGyverek
Thanks for reply!!!

Last qustion... Where can I choice a interface (standard or advanced)??

More
16 Feb 2013 21:52 #6470 by PhracturedBlue
when you setup a model, you choose which interface to use for it. If you are using models developed by others, than you will get the interface they used.

More
16 Feb 2013 21:53 #6471 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic Devo7e work
Menu Model => Model Setup => Mixer Gui

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

More
17 Feb 2013 00:23 #6474 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo7e work
PB, are you using straight averaging of the ADC results, or are you using an "olympic" method? Olympic may help the results a bit depending on how many samples you are averaging, by dumping the top and bottom value samples you may remove some extraneous noise?

Superb work going on in here, in just 6 weeks the 7E is not only fast approaching stable, but it's gained power output and switch input mods that put it almost on par with the 10, which costs 2x as much!

More
17 Feb 2013 00:47 - 17 Feb 2013 00:48 #6475 by PhracturedBlue
I played with various methods for the devo12, but never found one that produced better results than a simple average. On the Devo12 we have a lot of noise (more than +/-4bits of noise). On the others it is more like +/-2bits of noise.

I use a 100sample average on the Devo12 and a 10sample average on all other Tx.
On the devo12, the olympic average isn't aggressive enough to have an impact (you really would need to discard the outer 10% of values to make a significant difference. It is likely that a median filter would work well on the devo12, but implementing one is pretty computationally expensive for algorithms I am aware of. For the other Tx, it really isn't necessary.
In any case, the current implementation gives us a noise of less than +/-3 bits which is sufficient for accurate control.
Last edit: 17 Feb 2013 00:48 by PhracturedBlue.

More
17 Feb 2013 06:02 #6477 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo7e work

More
17 Feb 2013 19:34 - 17 Feb 2013 21:53 #6485 by dehalo
Replied by dehalo on topic Devo7e work
Range mod: I followed PB's suggestion and used conductive paint to shorten the diode. Removing the shield: there are two gaps at the edge of the module. I used these to lift the shield a little and wedge a screwdriver underneath. So I could push up the shield while melting the solder.
Range is clearly improved but now I get some faint buzzing noise which increases with power.
BTW: the WK2601 protocol is still broken right? (deviation-devo7e-77b8067b806f.dfu). This version also crashes in Transmitter config (so does the emu).
Last edit: 17 Feb 2013 21:53 by dehalo.

More
17 Feb 2013 21:53 #6488 by PhracturedBlue
If you are going to use the devo7e, I recommend using the nightlies (or stay current with recent builds).

In any case, wk2601 protocol should work fine in that build as well as the nightlies. Just to be sure, I just verified that it works as expected.

More
17 Feb 2013 21:56 #6489 by dehalo
Replied by dehalo on topic Devo7e work
I get tail rotor activity using the cyclic when I use WK2601/Heli and the servo movements on my 4G3 does not correspond to the channel monitor in the other modes.

More
17 Feb 2013 23:04 #6491 by PhracturedBlue
The wk2601 protocol is very odd, and needs a customized config to work with most helis.

Specifically, make sure you are using 'Chan mode = Heli' Then read the documentation for how to configure the gyro channels. While I have a couple Rx, I don't actually have a 2601 heli I can configure so I can't guve further instruction.

More
18 Feb 2013 07:35 #6505 by magiceddi
Replied by magiceddi on topic Devo7e work
What about the extra switches? Are they included in the actual code now or do i have to use the special version from above?

More
18 Feb 2013 09:04 #6507 by MacGyverek

domcars0 wrote: Menu Model => Model Setup => Mixer Gui

I try change a GUI on Emulator and program crashed. There is any options for change a GUI on Emulator??

More
18 Feb 2013 09:18 - 18 Feb 2013 09:25 #6508 by vlad_vy
Just now I tried change GUI on Emulator emu_devo7e (forth and back) with latest build (a80935a2970e), all works fine.
Last edit: 18 Feb 2013 09:25 by vlad_vy.

More
18 Feb 2013 09:28 - 18 Feb 2013 09:31 #6509 by MacGyverek
Where is this build for download?? I can't found this in Nightly builds. Maybe problem is with my OS.

There is any options to write something in *.ini files??
Last edit: 18 Feb 2013 09:31 by MacGyverek.

More
18 Feb 2013 09:35 #6510 by vlad_vy
I think it will be at Night builds tomorrow.

For editing *.ini files you can use any UNIX style text editor.
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...con-in-ini-file#6344

More
18 Feb 2013 09:39 - 18 Feb 2013 09:40 #6511 by MacGyverek
I asked about change/write something on *.ini file for change a gui to standard gui. There is any options fot do this??
Last edit: 18 Feb 2013 09:40 by MacGyverek.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds