Devo7e work

More
20 Feb 2013 12:30 #6630 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Devo7e work
Set the tx power to the maximum (150mW), because only then the 7E provides it's ~7mW tx power...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2013 13:05 #6632 by Krejzi
Replied by Krejzi on topic Devo7e work
ok thats helps :) awesome work, working like a charm

More
20 Feb 2013 13:14 #6633 by FDR
If you want to make it a full range tx, you can do a mod described in this thread earlier:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...-work?start=240#6083

More
21 Feb 2013 01:13 - 21 Feb 2013 01:48 #6654 by Usjak
Replied by Usjak on topic Devo7e work
Do we have a definite answer to range question, with shorted diode and max power? And range with Devo8s module?

I guess Devo10 is full range Tx, so it should have 1000+m, but Devo7e measured by Xermalk was 150+m. As cmpang measured the output to be similar between 10 and 7e, the only difference left is antenna. If the range of 7e is 150m, we should concentrate on antenna matching.

Sorry cmpang, I was editing my post while you were writing yours.
Last edit: 21 Feb 2013 01:48 by Usjak.

More
21 Feb 2013 01:21 #6655 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic Devo7e work

Usjak wrote: Do we have a definite answer to range question, with shorted diode and max power? And range with Devo8s module?

yes definite answer.. confirmed using instrument and on site range check. 7e output power after the diode mod is on par, if not slightly better than the Devo 10 compared side by side.

More
21 Feb 2013 01:36 - 21 Feb 2013 01:42 #6659 by Usjak
I don't have Devo10. What is the range of Devo10 (and 7e) in meters and under what conditions?

I just found out that Devo10 has firmware for 10mW and 100mW output power. What is yours on Devo10, that you compare to Devo7e?

cmpang wrote:

Usjak wrote: Do we have a definite answer to range question, with shorted diode and max power? And range with Devo8s module?

yes definite answer.. confirmed using instrument and on site range check. 7e output power after the diode mod is on par, if not slightly better than the Devo 10 compared side by side.

Last edit: 21 Feb 2013 01:42 by Usjak.

More
21 Feb 2013 07:32 #6663 by Mullson
Replied by Mullson on topic Devo7e work

FDR wrote: Set the tx power to the maximum (150mW), because only then the 7E provides it's ~7mW tx power...

Are you certain there is no in betweens?

More
21 Feb 2013 08:38 - 21 Feb 2013 08:43 #6665 by Mullson

I guess Devo10 is full range Tx, so it should have 1000+m, but Devo7e measured by Xermalk was 150+m. As cmpang measured the output to be similar between 10 and 7e, the only difference left is antenna. If the range of 7e is 150m, we should concentrate on antenna matching.

But don't use it full power when not needed it eats your batteries.
I will do a scaling mW range test when the whether gets better here. Maybe somebody else can do it to so we can compare.
Looking over the antenna could be a good idea. I have little experience with it thou.

Bin thinking of putting this on the CYRF6936 module. Not mostly for more range but for ability to lower the mW power.
Before I do it does anybody know if I can leave the existing antenna on while testing?
And when soldering it in place, can I just split up the cable and solder to the tree points on the module?

I putt the shield back on :oops:
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Feb 2013 08:43 by Mullson.

More
21 Feb 2013 09:22 #6667 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic Devo7e work

Usjak wrote: I don't have Devo10. What is the range of Devo10 (and 7e) in meters and under what conditions?

I just found out that Devo10 has firmware for 10mW and 100mW output power. What is yours on Devo10, that you compare to Devo7e?

cmpang wrote:

100mW is a typical output for most radio transmitters in the market today. I would say you cannot get any better than this from the market.

More
21 Feb 2013 09:36 #6668 by FDR

Mullson wrote:

FDR wrote: Set the tx power to the maximum (150mW), because only then the 7E provides it's ~7mW tx power...

Are you certain there is no in betweens?

Do you mean between 0..7mW or 7..150mW?
Of course you can devide the 7mW to a lower value, but as you see the scale is not right for the 7E.

More
21 Feb 2013 11:05 #6672 by Mullson

FDR wrote: Do you mean between 0..7mW or 7..150mW?
Of course you can devide the 7mW to a lower value, but as you see the scale is not right for the 7E.

I mean 0..7mW translated to 1,3,10,30,100,150mW. So is 10mW viable for a bigger room and 30 for a small sports hall or is 150mW the only way to go?
I was going to do a range test on the different mW settings on A7105 and moded CYRF6936 but if its not viable I will not.
The v911 module is tested to 182m with no mods so shouldn't it work with lower power?

Do you know anything about antennas?

More
21 Feb 2013 11:09 #6673 by FDR
If you do the diode mod, then the scale will be valid again, so you will have 0.1, 0.3, 1, 3, 10, 30, 100, 150mW options...

More
21 Feb 2013 11:17 #6675 by MacGyverek
Replied by MacGyverek on topic Devo7e work
Sorry for off topic but one guy from epheli.pl found a stock firmware for DEVO7E..

www.walkera.com/upload/radio/DEVO7E.zip

More
21 Feb 2013 11:27 #6676 by FDR
Yep, it's only on the chinese site...

More
21 Feb 2013 11:51 #6678 by Mullson

FDR wrote: If you do the diode mod, then the scale will be valid again, so you will have 0.1, 0.3, 1, 3, 10, 30, 100, 150mW options...

You mean like this:

But this will not impact on the A7105 will it? I haven't noticed any change in flysky A7105.
Attachments:

More
21 Feb 2013 12:03 #6679 by FDR

Mullson wrote: You mean like this:

But this will not impact on the A7105 will it? I haven't noticed any change in flysky A7105.

Yep.

No, it doesn't effect the A7105 module...

More
21 Feb 2013 12:04 #6680 by Usjak
OK, so now we cleared that up, the range of Devo10 should be over 1000m with Tx and Rx under optical visibility.

But, Xermalk measured Devo7e to have range of about 150m. Where is the difference coming from. Antenna only? We should concentrate on antenna then. It should be nice to have such a small Tx with long range, as Devo6s which is at least 600m, if I remember right.

cmpang wrote:

Usjak wrote: I don't have Devo10. What is the range of Devo10 (and 7e) in meters and under what conditions?

cmpang wrote:

100mW is a typical output for most radio transmitters in the market today. I would say you cannot get any better than this from the market.

More
21 Feb 2013 12:19 #6681 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo7e work

Usjak wrote: Xermalk measured Devo7e to have range of about 150m.

Didn't he say he got that far and then ran out of room?

While the topic is back up; when the diode mod is done, does a 10mW setting actually equate to the old setting with stock firmware? Also, if the diode mod is done and then the stock firmware is reinstalled, does it have any effect whatsoever on performance?

With the switch mod, is it correct that the hardware switches are referenced as "aileron D/R" and "elevator D/R"? But that those names are just for hardware reference, ie. you can assign them to anything you want? Is there a way of assigning both Ail and Ele dual rates to one switch? Not seeing a need on a heli to have separate switches for these, but would like to separate D/R from idle-up.

More
21 Feb 2013 12:33 - 21 Feb 2013 12:51 #6682 by Mullson
Its in the ballpark.

You cant use old firmware with diod mod and A7105 mod. The implementations just isent there. It gives max power to everything at the same time and then the batteries die. And the tx just crackles and sparkle :evil:

Yes and Yes.

Edit.
No It just crackles and run out of batteries (no damage).
Last edit: 21 Feb 2013 12:51 by Mullson.

More
21 Feb 2013 12:42 #6685 by Usjak
Yes, he did. I was under the impression that it wouldn't go much further. Let's see what the future tests show.

Xermalk wrote:

OnceAFly wrote: How's the range test on shorted diode mod?

150m+ along the ground (tx and rx 1.5m above ground). As thats where i ran out of space when testing with my master cp (it has a tiny single antenna).
Should be farther up in the air. Im waiting for temps above 0 before i try another range test.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds