publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?

More
01 Dec 2013 01:29 #16100 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?
Unless Rbe wants to pick up and investigate bugs, and wants to use the forum to do so, filing bugs in this thread will not help draw my attention to them. Especially if I can't reproduce on the emulator. The discussion will move on, and I'll forget about them before getting a chance to test them. Please file bugs on bitbucket so I can track them and prioritize.
The topic has been locked.
More
01 Dec 2013 08:44 #16105 by Pattaya01
Replied by Pattaya01 on topic publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?

PhracturedBlue wrote: Unless Rbe wants to pick up and investigate bugs, and wants to use the forum to do so, filing bugs in this thread will not help draw my attention to them. Especially if I can't reproduce on the emulator. The discussion will move on, and I'll forget about them before getting a chance to test them. Please file bugs on bitbucket so I can track them and prioritize.

Dear PB,

Many of us "users" have no idea where the "bitbucket" is, how to file a bug, where to find the bucket and so on. It may be a good idea to have a "How to file a bug" on the index page (or maybe even on the homepage) for those people who found a bug and want to report it. With your reply, most common users are more or less scared away. I know your time is precious, there are many things to do, but those people just want to help.
More
01 Dec 2013 08:47 #16106 by vlad_vy
More
01 Dec 2013 08:53 #16107 by Pattaya01

vlad_vy wrote: www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...s/865-reporting-bugs

which is a topic in the forum. Hard to find. What I mean is a clear and understandable, for us "nitwits", small tutorial on the "Index" of this forum.
More
01 Dec 2013 09:00 - 01 Dec 2013 09:11 #16108 by Pattaya01
What I really mean is this.

With an answer like "Write your message here or I'll not even look at it :angry:", many users are not encouraged to go to the next step and make it an actual bug report. These people are common users with hardly any software knowledge, all they want to do is help to make this a better software.

With a "How to file a bug" on the forum index page, many of us would already follow this and if users are still reporting bugs in the forum, it would be very easy and friendly to give a reply like "Thank you for helping to test the software, please follow this small tutorial to report your bug :)"
Last edit: 01 Dec 2013 09:11 by Pattaya01.
More
01 Dec 2013 09:10 #16110 by FDR

Pattaya01 wrote:

which is a topic in the forum. Hard to find. What I mean is a clear and understandable, for us "nitwits", small tutorial on the "Index" of this forum.

Which is the only sticky thread in the feedback forum... :angry:
  • rbe2012
  • rbe2012's Avatar Topic Author
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
01 Dec 2013 09:12 #16111 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?

PhracturedBlue wrote: Rbe,
Another bug for you to look at:
I'm not sure what this is for. I guess the -32 is for the Devo8 header (which isn't the same size on the Devo10), but I'm not exactly sure of the intent here. If the image is too bug, it seems to drop it into the lower right corner of the screen. I'd think you would leave x and y alone, and just adjust w and h if the image doesn't fit on the screen. If you are trying to center the image than this won't work if the image is smaller, so I guess that isn't the intent.
My fix would be:

if (type == ELEM_MODELICO) {
        if (*y + *h > LCD_HEIGHT) *h -= LCD_HEIGHT - (*y + *h);
        if (*x + *w> LCD_WIDTH)   *w -= LCD_WIDTH - (*x + *w);
    }
But I'm not sure that is what you intended.

The idea was to completely show the model icon if a new one is chosen which is larger than the old. With your solution it will be clipped, with mine it is moved up and left to show as much as possible. Both should work, but yours leads to an error message (in Devo12-emu; moved heli.bmp to lower right corner and selected a 150x159-bmp): DEBUG: LCD_DrawWindowedImageFromFile (modelico/bigbat.bmp): Dimensions asked for are out of bounds
size: (150 x 159) bounds(204 x 222)
(don't actually know why such a big bicture should be drawn - the height is 2*new-old, width too). The icon is not shown. If you go into main page layout (click the invisible icon) the icon looks clipped (no frame at lower and right side) but when you click on it it jumps up and left to fit.
So it is not sufficient to just change *w and *h.
"32" was the title height - I confess I have taken it from the color screen and did not look at the b/w. I have not tested it with b/w icons of different sizes...

If I remove the condition if (type == ELEM_MODELICO && Model.icon[0]) (in GetElementSize(...)) the icon size is constant 96x96 - and I can not change it correctly because the position is not known and I can not ask GetWidgetLoc() without creating a recursion...

I have to investigate further...
  • rbe2012
More
01 Dec 2013 09:21 #16112 by rbe2012

PhracturedBlue wrote: Unless Rbe wants to pick up and investigate bugs, and wants to use the forum to do so, filing bugs in this thread will not help draw my attention to them. Especially if I can't reproduce on the emulator. The discussion will move on, and I'll forget about them before getting a chance to test them. Please file bugs on bitbucket so I can track them and prioritize.

I also prefer tickets in bitbucket, actually better in PBs than in my repo, but I also read most threads and see what could be an bug. But if I am unsure and do not convert it into a bitbucket issue immediately it has a great chance to be forgotten...
So please don't feel offended by PBs statement. As a developer (and I feel so too) you have to work in a structured way and the bitbucket issue system is one of the tools which can help a lot.
And if you want to contribute to the project: it is no big deal to file an issue - you just have to find the repo (AFAIK no registration necessary for opening issues). And It will be a big help if we don't have to copy what someone has written into an issue by ourselves. There will always be some new users which are not used to such systems, but the "old hands" should get this done.
  • rbe2012
More
01 Dec 2013 11:50 #16115 by rbe2012

rbe2012 wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote:

if (*y + *h > LCD_HEIGHT) *h -= LCD_HEIGHT - (*y + *h);
        if (*x + *w> LCD_WIDTH)   *w -= LCD_WIDTH - (*x + *w);
    }

The calculation is wrong. Correct is:
        if (*y + *h > LCD_HEIGHT) *h = LCD_HEIGHT - *y;
        if (*x + *w> LCD_WIDTH)   *w = LCD_WIDTH - *x;
    }
But the model icon is still inflated when selecting it for move am model layout page. I don't find the place where the position is changed...
(still working on it)
  • rbe2012
More
01 Dec 2013 12:13 #16116 by rbe2012

rbe2012 wrote: I don't find the place where the position is changed...
(still working on it)

It's in xpos_cb() and ypos_cb() - the GUI_TextSelectHelper cuts too high values. This is because notify_cb() asks for the image size (GetElemSize()) and gets the full size of the image in the file.
So we have to make the adjustment of width and height also there.
Tested: if the icon is moved its size increases until it fits completely on the screen. This is a lot better than my first solution.
Here is the patch for fixing:
diff -r 5bf25ae07f01 src/pages/common/_main_layout.c
--- a/src/pages/common/_main_layout.c   Sat Nov 30 22:27:46 2013 -0800
+++ b/src/pages/common/_main_layout.c   Sun Dec 01 13:13:05 2013 +0100
@@ -16,6 +16,7 @@
 #include "main_layout.h"

extern int GetWidgetLoc(void *ptr, u16 *x, u16 *y, u16 *w, u16 *h);
+extern void AdjustIconSize(u16 *x, u16 *y, u16 *h, u16 *w);

static const char *label_cb(guiObject_t *obj, const void *data);
 static void touch_cb(guiObject_t *obj, s8 press, const void *data);
@@ -124,6 +125,8 @@
     lp.selected_x = ELEM_X(pc.elem[idx]);
     lp.selected_y = ELEM_Y(pc.elem[idx]);
     GetElementSize(ELEM_TYPE(pc.elem[idx]), &lp.selected_w, &lp.selected_h);
+    if (ELEM_TYPE(pc.elem[idx]) == ELEM_MODELICO)
+        AdjustIconSize(&lp.selected_x, &lp.selected_y, &lp.selected_h, &lp.selected_w);
     GUI_Redraw((guiObject_t *)&gui->x);
     GUI_Redraw((guiObject_t *)&gui->y);
 }
diff -r 5bf25ae07f01 src/pages/common/_main_page.c
--- a/src/pages/common/_main_page.c     Sat Nov 30 22:27:46 2013 -0800
+++ b/src/pages/common/_main_page.c     Sun Dec 01 13:13:05 2013 +0100
@@ -265,6 +265,12 @@
     }
 }

+void AdjustIconSize(u16 *x, u16 *y, u16 *h, u16 *w)
+{
+    if (*y + *h > LCD_HEIGHT) *h = LCD_HEIGHT - *y;
+    if (*x + *w> LCD_WIDTH)   *w = LCD_WIDTH - *x;
+}
+
 int GetWidgetLoc(struct elem *elem, u16 *x, u16 *y, u16 *w, u16 *h)
 {
     *y = ELEM_Y(*elem);
@@ -275,12 +281,8 @@
         return 0;
     *x = ELEM_X(*elem);
     GetElementSize(type, w, h);
-    if (type == ELEM_MODELICO) {
-       if (*h > LCD_HEIGHT - 32) *h = LCD_HEIGHT - 32;
-       if (*w > LCD_WIDTH)       *w = LCD_WIDTH;
-       if (*x + *w > LCD_WIDTH)  *x = LCD_WIDTH - *w;
-       if (*y + *h > LCD_HEIGHT) *y = LCD_HEIGHT - *h;
-    }
+    if (type == ELEM_MODELICO)
+        AdjustIconSize(x, y, h, w);
     return 1;
 }
More
01 Dec 2013 13:00 - 01 Dec 2013 13:01 #16117 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?
I've seen bugs reported and dealt with in this thread so forgive my ignorance. I understand you have no interest in working on the 7e anymore but the bug is real, and repeatable, whether it happens in the emu or not. I previously reported in this thread to rbe saying that something was corrupting the model ini's and also stopping the stick position indicator on the dual rates/expo curve screen reacting to stick input, but it does that because the right stick output isn't working, it also doesn't output the right stick in the ppm pulse as trying to calibrate the TX for Phoenix clearly shows no input. I will endeavour to post it to bitbucket, but perhaps I would be wasting my time as it's not happening in your emu. One last thing this doesn't happen in the 3.0 build from the forum, only recent builds.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2013 13:01 by HappyHarry.
  • rbe2012
More
01 Dec 2013 13:38 #16118 by rbe2012
I don't have a 7e here so I can't test it in real environment. You can be sure that we consider every report as serious and do our best to resolve each issue - but it is as harder as it is not reproducable for us.
And you apply the HiSky patch - please reproduce the behavior without this patch and we can care about.

Btw, has anyone else seen the behavior described by HappyHarry? Or something similar which could be caused by memory issues (like crashes, reboots, confused screens)?
More
01 Dec 2013 14:37 - 01 Dec 2013 14:40 #16120 by PhracturedBlue
Harry,
It isn't about not wanting to work on the 7e. It is about all my Tx currently being boxed away, and I haven't gotten around to pulling them out as yet. So bugs like this will both take time to fix, as well as being something I'm not going to do right this moment, which is why having them somewhere that I can find them is so important. So until I break out my Tx, I'm focusing on bugs I can see in the emulator, since they are generally much easier to fix.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2013 14:40 by PhracturedBlue.
More
01 Dec 2013 14:55 #16124 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?
PB, can you fix issue #428? I added a comment that solves the problem.
More
01 Dec 2013 15:34 #16127 by PhracturedBlue
Thanks for finding the issue.
More
01 Dec 2013 15:38 #16129 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote:

Pattaya01 wrote:

Which is the only sticky thread in the feedback forum... :angry:

One problem is that I assume many people browse the forum via the 'Recent' tab. There aren't that many posts here daily, that this gets unmanageable. And if you do, you'll never notice the sticky.

I could add a link in the message that is at the top of every page (where the Copyright notice is) and move the instructions into an 'Article'
More
01 Dec 2013 16:47 #16134 by kreidler
Replied by kreidler on topic publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?

PhracturedBlue wrote: I could add a link in the message that is at the top of every page (where the Copyright notice is) and move the instructions into an 'Article'

+1 from a user
More
01 Dec 2013 16:56 #16136 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote: I could add a link in the message that is at the top of every page (where the Copyright notice is) and move the instructions into an 'Article'

I think puuting it to the FAQ would do...
More
01 Dec 2013 17:42 #16140 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote:

I think puuting it to the FAQ would do...

More can't hurt. It is now in the FAQ, in the announcement and an article
More
01 Dec 2013 18:16 #16141 by kreidler
Replied by kreidler on topic publishing an intermediate release 3.1.0?

rbe2012 wrote: Btw, has anyone else seen the behavior described by HappyHarry? Or something similar which could be caused by memory issues (like crashes, reboots, confused screens)?

Without the patch and the latest nighly (5bf25ae) Channel monitor as well as the DR and Expo dialog the sticks always moved on the line / curve with my Tx. Mode set to 4. Neither AIL nor RUD gave up. Sorry was not able to reproduce.
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds