including custom-switch support in Deviation

More
02 Feb 2014 08:14 #19680 by robca

HappyHarry wrote: i just built the emu from 3802611 and enabled 3x2 in hardware.ini and i can cycle through the three switch positions for swa with the 'c' key and swb with the 'v' key

This gets interesting... I double checked that the hardware.ini file is right, and everything is correct. Could you please try the file here and see if it works for you? www.deviationtx.com/repository/Deviation...-v4.0.1-3802611.zip/ (I didn't build, just downloaded that file)

I tried again now, redownloading emu and filesystem, and still no go... all switches at -100, C and V do nothing...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2014 12:44 #19683 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic including custom-switch support in Deviation
the new nightly is up already so I can't test that specific build.

More
02 Feb 2014 13:29 #19684 by robca
I promise I checked for new a nightly build before replying before :) it was not there yet

Downloaded the new Devo 7e nightly in a clean directory (just in case), modified hardware.ini, same problem (see picture and the hardware.ini I used)

The interesting things is that when I launch the emulator, for the briefest moment before the Deviation bootloader image shows on the simulated screen, I see the right values in SW A and B, to be replaced with -100 halfway thru the boot process, and well before the model icon appears

Would you mind checking the new nightly build and see if it works for you? www.deviationtx.com/repository/Deviation...-v4.0.1-75f640d.zip/ I really have no idea what else to try, it's all pretty standard and can't see any mistake (which is different than saying that there is none ;))
Attachments:

More
02 Feb 2014 14:22 #19685 by HappyHarry
well your reply was a good few hours ago and i think pb has refreshed them since as looking at bitbucket he has been busy :)

but the strange thing is the current build also works for me on windows from the downloaded files, and on linux if i build it myself (i can't get building for windows to work on linux)

Attachments:

More
02 Feb 2014 15:58 - 02 Feb 2014 15:59 #19688 by robca
Yes, that's what I meant: the files became available just after I looked for them... story of my life :)

I tried again, on another computer, just in case. No go

Then I noticed that your bitmap shows the USB screen, not the Devo screen. I remembered that the only time I saw it, is when I forgot to copy the filesystem directories in the emulator directory. So I tried nuking my filesystem and, sure enough, I see the -100 +100 values exactly like yours, and sure enough C and V change the values.

Only problem is, not much you can do in that screen :P

Pretty sure that if you copy the filesystem, you will discover the same problem I have. Past that point in the boot cycle, SW A and B do not work anymore (or try hitting enter when on the USB screen, you will see that SW A and B values immediately go to -100, all of them)

Please tell me you see the same, otherwise I really start doubting my sanity :silly:
Last edit: 02 Feb 2014 15:59 by robca.

More
02 Feb 2014 16:20 - 02 Feb 2014 16:35 #19691 by HappyHarry
yeah ok in windows once i added the filesystem i see the problem, so i booted back into linux and with my own build of 3802611 even with the filesystem in place it works fine

with the latest code 2878d25 in linux there is no problem with the switches, but when i press enter to open the menu it chrashes the emu. if you have a linux install i have attached my emu build of 3802611 for you to use
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Feb 2014 16:35 by HappyHarry.

More
02 Feb 2014 16:28 #19692 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic including custom-switch support in Deviation
got me. it works for me just fine.

More
02 Feb 2014 16:40 #19693 by HappyHarry
the switches work both in windows and linux?

and you can enter the menu's ok in linux?

More
02 Feb 2014 17:00 #19695 by robca
I'm using Windows (tried 7 and 8.1, no difference) and doesn't work for me. No crash, but no switches either.

(and thanks HappyHarry for confirming the problem... for a while I started doubting my sanity... more than usual, that is)

More
02 Feb 2014 17:36 #19698 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic including custom-switch support in Deviation
It is a compiler bug. I'm using a very old windows cross-compiler that doesn't properly support 'weak' attributes apparently.
I have no issues in Linux, but the windows build doesn't work. when I get rid of the weak attribute it does.
I've reworked the code not to need it. the nightlies are updated. try downloading it and see that it works

More
02 Feb 2014 20:23 #19735 by HappyHarry
the latest emu built from ae01279 works without error on linux, i'll test in windows later

More
02 Feb 2014 20:30 #19736 by robca
Works on Windows, too :woohoo:

Didn't do a lot of test, but the problem I used to have is gone, SW A and SW B show up with the correct values, and C and V cycle thru the settings as expected

More
10 Feb 2014 19:22 - 10 Feb 2014 20:46 #20090 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic return of the bug...
Latest commit ac641d3

So to not cross-post : www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...artup?start=20#20089

I think this is the place for it.

Edit: something wrong with my build, the one Harry provides works as expected.

Sorry.
Last edit: 10 Feb 2014 20:46 by blackmoon.

More
23 Feb 2014 23:10 #20814 by lmbull
I would like to say thank you very much to PB, HappyHarry, robca and all other contributors! Deviation is outstanding! You gentlemen are brilliant! I have ordered two modules and 2 3 way switches to mod my 7e with. I haven't had this much fun tinkering since the original xbox. I know stranger to soldering small components but I'm not completely clear on the connections for the switches. If any one has a clear pic of the 2-3 way switches install it would be greatly appreciated.

More
23 Feb 2014 23:24 - 23 Feb 2014 23:25 #20815 by HappyHarry
have a look here bud >> www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...t-in-deviation#18134

and thanks but I'm just a user like you, pb and the guys do all the heavy lifting around here :)
Last edit: 23 Feb 2014 23:25 by HappyHarry.

More
24 Feb 2014 00:31 #20822 by lmbull
Thanks for the reply Harry. I noticed the pic shows 2 diodes per switch. From what I've read earlier in this thread only one per switch is neccesary. Is this correct? I plan on doing the switches tomorrow. I'll post some quality pics.

More
24 Feb 2014 01:23 #20823 by HappyHarry
no you need 2 diodes per switch for 3way switches, a 2way switch only needs one diode maybe that's what you read?

More
24 Feb 2014 01:27 #20824 by lmbull
Thanks for clearing that up. Yep it was the 2 way switches. I've read so much lately I'm having a hard time keeping it all straight. lol

More
24 Mar 2014 07:25 - 24 Mar 2014 07:29 #21787 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic including custom-switch support in Deviation
For those of you that have the 3x2 switches installed. How are your switches named in channel monitor ?

Right Switch = SWA or SWB

I ask because before I had 3x1 switch installed next to the FMOD switch and it was detected has SWA, now I installed second switch per this post, and now that switch is labelled SWB : www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...t-in-deviation#18134

Thx
Last edit: 24 Mar 2014 07:29 by blackmoon.

More
08 Apr 2014 06:06 #22231 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic including custom-switch support in Deviation

How the flat style 3 position long switch looks like:

How the round style, 3 position long switch looks like:
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds