Deviation for Devo F4?

More
07 Apr 2016 20:08 - 07 Apr 2016 20:09 #46063 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Yeah... the company that ships internationally, but you have to write the address in a way that is not understandable by spanish postal servers because otherwise the system won't let you make the order... so why pay for something that's going to get lost in the post?

Anyway, this way I can retire the NiMH batteries.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2016 20:09 by Epitaph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2016 20:10 #46064 by Epitaph
Of course, I could get it from another place like Ebay, but considering the Li-Ion battery cost $7 and the UBEC another $3, and the Pololu on Ebay is around $20, and I would only need the Pololu if I remained with NiMH...

More
07 Apr 2016 23:07 #46076 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
OK, Now here is a short video of poor quality. I had to use my mobile to film because Mobius was in use actually. Blue screen only appears if you have no video signal. Video stream leaves if you enter the menu.

Watch here:
gofile.me/6pEMu/bB0XoLOeF

More
08 Apr 2016 01:20 #46084 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Here is a new build:
www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...dblue-video-shortcut

now you can setup the video screen as a shortcut.

Go:
Model Setup->Main Page Config->Menu 2->Video setup

Now a long-press of the DN button will take you to the video menu. I do not plan to move video setup out of the model menu, so hopefully this will be close enough to meet your needs

More
08 Apr 2016 01:20 #46085 by PhracturedBlue

SirDomsen wrote: OK, Now here is a short video of poor quality. I had to use my mobile to film because Mobius was in use actually. Blue screen only appears if you have no video signal. Video stream leaves if you enter the menu.

Watch here:
gofile.me/6pEMu/bB0XoLOeF

I see 'Unable to download file'

More
08 Apr 2016 05:38 - 08 Apr 2016 07:30 #46096 by SirDomsen
Try again, my server is shutting down at night - didn't think about it as normally no one wants to use it then - but you're in a different time zone for sure.
Last edit: 08 Apr 2016 07:30 by SirDomsen.

More
08 Apr 2016 12:44 - 08 Apr 2016 12:46 #46108 by PhracturedBlue
thanks. And to confirm, once you enable video in Deviation (with the receiver off), the screen goes blank? Does that happen regardless of which video channel you choose? What about if you turn the video on (so it show in the Tx) and then unplug the Rx? does the menu come back then on Deviation?
Last edit: 08 Apr 2016 12:46 by PhracturedBlue.

More
08 Apr 2016 17:01 #46119 by Epitaph
Sorry I'm not up for trying things out right now, I'm stuck with a terrible migraine and son't really want to mess things up because of lack of concentration

More
08 Apr 2016 20:46 #46129 by SirDomsen
@Epitaph get well soon!

@PB

I did a few more tests (with previous Deviation version, not the one from today):
Once Video is setupped, every time you start the F4, you see the video screen if the vTX is enabled. Channel doesn't matter. If the vTX is not powered up, the F4 shows only a blue screen until you toggle video off. Same thing if you turn on video without having a signal from the vTX. Signal loss due to distance is the same. That all is very similar to the stock Devention Software. The difference is (and that's very positive) with deviation if you enter a menu, you only do that in the overlay, Video is still seeable in the background. Until you toggle it off or loss signal.

But it would be nice having the menu, too if that blue screen happens - but that's what you brooded about, right?

Today version will be tested now...

More
08 Apr 2016 21:48 #46132 by SirDomsen
Am I doing something wrong? I uploaded deviation as last time, but if I use your new version, I only get a black screen for a few seconds, no beep, no vibration. The the well known blue screen appears - and that's all. No response on nothing. Even Off-Switch isn't working. I have to un- and replug the battery...

Tried the included devo.fs and my old one - no difference

More
09 Apr 2016 01:47 #46149 by PhracturedBlue
Can you check the Nightly build here:
www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...s-nightly-2016-04-08

I'm not sure what might have changed vs the previous builds.

More
09 Apr 2016 08:56 - 09 Apr 2016 09:06 #46161 by SirDomsen
Sadly I have to report that the nightly has the same behavior as deviation-devof4-v4.0.1-50ebbb7.

Last working version was deviation-devof4-v4.0.1-e3be0d5

Edit: Maybe it stucks in video mode? With perhaps the wrong channel selected? I see nothing than the blue screen at all, but did not dry out all channels. Off switch isn't working anyway...
Last edit: 09 Apr 2016 09:06 by SirDomsen.

More
09 Apr 2016 15:59 #46182 by PhracturedBlue
It should be fixed in the nightlies here:
www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...s-nightly-2016-04-09

note that you need the 'g32bb7c' build. For some reason the older 'ge9' build wasn't removed when I uploaded the fix. So download this file:
www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...evof4-v4-0-1-g32bb7c

More
09 Apr 2016 19:37 #46213 by SirDomsen
Yeah, this build works well! I Can confirm entering the video menu is possible like you described it. But I think there is a small bug: If you want to leave the menu, you can't by using the EXT button. In Menu1 (telemetry) that works fine. You have to hit ENT first, this enters the main Menu. Then you can exit the menu by pressing EXT.

remaining bugs that I recognized:
When you entered and leave the model menu for example, the last line isn't cleared correctly, the letters still remain until something new is drawn here. This happens with every menu that uses the last line.

Channel monitor: CH2, Ch4 no correct values

Another thing: I already asked this question but i'm still missing the answer. If I connect the additional switches like they are connected on the F7, will they work with the current version of the F4 build? I know this will require direct MCU soldering but i' like to risk it :P

More
09 Apr 2016 19:41 #46215 by PhracturedBlue
A the moment, yes. The current F4 build is identical to the F7 build. That will likely change in the furture when work actually begins on cleaning up the GUI. At that time, you'll need to learn to compile the code yourself since I won't support that mod with the default code, but the process is not difficult.

More
09 Apr 2016 20:04 #46218 by SirDomsen
As there is plenty of space left in the F4, i'd rather use the arduino version instead. Not that i won't be able to learn how to compile the code, but I don't want to do my own thing here. Arduino version is more portable at all, could easily be ported to another tx if needed.

If I did't do till now: THANK YOU for your great work in this whole project! Deviation is currently the best TX software imho.

More
13 Apr 2016 05:54 #46402 by YARIMbe
Replied by YARIMbe on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
PB does this means we can now install the nightly version on the devo F7 with the deviation uploader?

More
13 Apr 2016 13:14 #46419 by PhracturedBlue
you don't need the deviationUploader anymore (though you can use it). The nightlies are now built for the f4 and f7, and should work fine on each. Of course the coding is not complete. There are still artifacts that make the display look ugly.

More
13 Apr 2016 13:25 #46420 by YARIMbe
Replied by YARIMbe on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Tnx for the quick reply..
I want to try it today, what is the other method except deviationUploader?

More
13 Apr 2016 15:46 #46428 by PhracturedBlue
upload the dfu using Walkera's tool or deviationUpload
reboot tx into usb mode (hold ENT if necessary)
copy devo.fs to the tx
you are ready to go

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds