Deviation for Devo F4?

More
22 Apr 2016 21:31 #47008 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
you need to trace PB5,6,7,8 as well.
Your goal is to have connections like this in the end (sorry for my crude asci art). so the signal goes from
PC.9  --switch----|<|-- PB5
PC.9  --switch----|<|-- PB6
PC.9  --switch----|<|-- PB7
PC.9  --switch----|<|-- PB8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2016 22:56 - 14 Apr 2017 18:19 #47013 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Got it! B)
Hehehe.

Wiring as in the pictures. Tried the latest nightly - the switches work now as expected. The two 2-ways are showing up as A0 and A2. A1 is the undefined state - is that changeable? the 3-way is B0-B2.

Thanks again for your help, PB!!!

Edit:
1) Black wire goes to middle pin, red wire to the bottom
2)hardware.ini has to be changed as on 7E. Switches need to be commented in
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Apr 2017 18:19 by SirDomsen. Reason: Added necessary info

More
22 Apr 2016 23:54 #47016 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Correct me if I'm wrong... the 2 way switches you have on are the outer switch above the elevator stick, and the shoulder switch on the throttle side, and the 3 way switch is the inner switch above the elevator stick. You have them all feeding off the Red wire for central common, Yellow and Blue are B1 and B2, and Black and White are A0 and A2?

More
23 Apr 2016 20:15 - 23 Apr 2016 20:16 #47074 by SirDomsen
Jepp, you're right. Seen on these crappy pictures, congrats :lol: Perhaps I need to do some better ones sometimes :whistle:
Last edit: 23 Apr 2016 20:16 by SirDomsen.

More
02 May 2016 16:07 - 02 May 2016 19:34 #47590 by SirDomsen
I recently found a very dangerous issue on the F4. I can not reproduce it everytime, but if model file size grows due to its complexity, some random values are going to be overwritten or erased. E.g. a switch changes from fmode1 to none. Then the fmode switch has a dead position! I can put up a model.ini if needed. Or another strange thing is,if video mode switch assingment gets lost. So the tx stucks in video mode without the possibility to,go back... Should I Bug-track this, too?
Last edit: 02 May 2016 19:34 by SirDomsen.

More
02 May 2016 16:16 - 02 May 2016 16:19 #47591 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
How many models and protocols do you have added, and how big is the FS file??

In the end I think in my personal case (obviously not good for everyone) is to just put it down to 5 models, with various FS files with different models on each, and just load up the FS file I want to use for that day... or even just use an OTG cable to change it over with my phone on site. It might be the safest route if it's a memory problem...

Or one sec, now I think of it, wasn't there a "deviation for smartphone" thing to expand with or something like that?? I need to track back and read up, because something like that does spring to mind... just add the phone holder and use a cheap Android phone used just for that.
Last edit: 02 May 2016 16:19 by Epitaph.

More
02 May 2016 16:40 - 06 May 2016 21:36 #47594 by SirDomsen
You're right, that's a necessary Info. I use only one model file at the moment, the others are unconfigured. And there are three protocols: Devo, Dsmx and Bayang. File size while loaded up to devo.fs is shown as about 50kb - so there should be plenty of space left, shouldn't it?

EDIT about 30kb, I was wrong...
Last edit: 06 May 2016 21:36 by SirDomsen.

More
02 May 2016 17:07 #47595 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
the devofs filesystem is very new (in the sense of the amount of testing it has gotten). There are very likely still bugs in it. If you do get an issue you should file a ticket and include the devo.fs file from your transmitter in its current state.

More
02 May 2016 19:46 - 02 May 2016 19:49 #47599 by SirDomsen
Did a bug-report. Do you think it's Devo.fs-related or may this be another causing? I have the feeling that everything works fine if the model file is not too complex...
Last edit: 02 May 2016 19:49 by SirDomsen.

More
06 May 2016 18:14 #47890 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Used Devo F4, new Deviation installation, yesterday. No vTx yet.
Does this look right?

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?

More
06 May 2016 19:57 #47900 by SirDomsen
Looks strange to me. The problem concerning the NiMH batteries is known as the F4 build comes from the F7 and the F7 uses 2S Lipos only AFAIK. Which Version of Deviation are you using? I'm on 5.0.0 because in the nightlies later than 5.0 some curious things appeared...

More
06 May 2016 20:36 #47903 by Arnold
I think it looks strange too. I expected to see a menu structure, but as you see, I have only a single line of truncated text, preceded by a digit. I've tried several versions of Deviation installs, including yesterday's nightly, using the special F4 Uploader, but nothing's different. In USB mode, I see the devofs file. I deleted it & tried to copy in a replacement, but that failed due to lack of space. Maybe because I'm using a Mac & it sometimes includes hidden meta files. I don't have Windows. Not finding a solution to this problem yet.

More
06 May 2016 21:11 #47906 by SirDomsen
Tried 5.0.0, too?

More
06 May 2016 21:26 #47907 by Arnold
Well, I tried yesterday's nightly variation on 5.0. I don't see an actual release version of 5.0 for the F4 yet.

More
06 May 2016 21:34 - 06 May 2016 21:35 #47908 by SirDomsen
This Version works for me, still very buggy but useable. If it works for you, could you please verify if you have that "losing values" bug I mentioned some posts ago, too?
Last edit: 06 May 2016 21:35 by SirDomsen.

More
06 May 2016 21:51 #47909 by Arnold
I'll try it. Just so I'm clear...
I'll use Deviation-Upload-0.8-f4-v2.jar to install the file deviation-devof4-v5.0.0.zip that you just pointed me to.
And that's all. I don't have to do anything else, am I right?

More
06 May 2016 22:16 #47913 by Arnold
I did the step I just outlined, but the result is the same - no difference. :-(
I was hoping for a miracle.

More
06 May 2016 22:34 - 06 May 2016 22:35 #47915 by Arnold
I took a look at the storage media with the Mac's disk utility. It shows the volume is named "DEVOFS" and has 66kb of storage capacity all of which is being used and zero kb is available. Ownership is disabled. Format is MS-DOS (FAT). I guess it's all normal, though it seems amazing that so much info is held in that tiny amount of space.

Last edit: 06 May 2016 22:35 by Arnold. Reason: typo

More
06 May 2016 23:02 - 06 May 2016 23:02 #47918 by SirDomsen
Did you flash the entire.zip like on some other devos? Here you have to flash the .dfu file contained in the .zip only (111kb). Then connect to usb mode, erase devo.fs on the tx and copy the one contained in the. zip to your F4. That way it worked for me! I use DeviationUpload-0.8-F4F7.jar but yours should work, too. If I understood PB right, it might be possible to use the walkera uploader or the standard 0.8 uploader, too. But did not try that.
Last edit: 06 May 2016 23:02 by SirDomsen.

More
06 May 2016 23:10 #47919 by Arnold
Without Windows I can't use the Walkera DfuSe tool (Windows only). I tried the standard 0.8.0 Uploader, but it doesn't recognize the F4 - it just shows "Unknown", Using the F4 version of the Uploader, I installed using the ZIP file, which is the standard operating procedure for all other Devo transmitters. Previously I had tried installing just the dfu file first and then copying the devofs file via USB, but that's when I got the "out of space" error and I couldn't go on because I had already deleted the devofs file on the transmitter. So I had to reinstall from scratch.
PS - without Windows, I also cannot make custom devofs files if I'd like to change something, but that's a matter for later.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds