Deviation for Devo F4?

More
16 Apr 2016 07:09 #46600 by YARIMbe
Replied by YARIMbe on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
pb, here are some bugs I found, there is no devo F7 nor F4 option on the bug tracker so I'll write it here and when it's added I'll post it over there

in the backlight option the numbers doesn't match the level of brightness:
'OFF' - not off
'1'- brightest
'10'-backlight Off

-Remote battery voltage read is significantly lower than actual voltage (in original firmware the read was 7.1 and on deviation 6.6)

-hold switch doesn't work, I tried coming back to original firmware and it was all good..

-couldn't find a way to assign switches and knobs (not necessarily a bug but I tried every menu and sub menu there is)

-couldn't find any reference to the AUX2 knob on the channel monitor

suggestion:
because DSMX is more common this days I think it will be better to include it instead of DSM2

once again thanks for all the hard work you put in this awesome project

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2016 09:58 - 16 Apr 2016 11:24 #46612 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
You can select which protocols you,want. extract devo.fs, exchange dsm2 with dsmx, repack it to devo.fs and put it on the devo again. Read through the last 2 pages, there we talked about how to. Note: Fs has to be smaller than 60kb
Last edit: 16 Apr 2016 11:24 by SirDomsen.

More
16 Apr 2016 11:24 #46623 by YARIMbe
@SirDomsen tnx!

More
16 Apr 2016 15:35 #46636 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
I added the F4 and F7 to the bug tracker. Please move the report there

More
16 Apr 2016 16:53 #46637 by YARIMbe
done!

More
19 Apr 2016 23:13 - 19 Apr 2016 23:27 #46822 by SirDomsen
Hi,

I just added a few switches using an Arduino - works as expected. But Because of the boot-up time of it, it
s not very secure to use it as THOLD. So I decided to do the switch mod similar to the 7e one. I'm not really sure if I connected to the right spots on the Button-Board - but I can't even test it because if I comment in "extra switches =3x2" - nothing appears in the channel monitor. I thought even without switches there should be some info for Switch A and B? Perhaps the switchmod feature is not enabled in the F4 build? Could that been done?
Thanks in Advance

edit: Btw: Would it be possible to add one 3-way and 2 2-way switches instead of 2 3-ways? I know that it could be done by wiring only, but then there will be an unknown switch state if both 2-ways are "cloesed"... So perhaps some sort of "extra switches = 3x1, 2x2". this should lead Deviation to display A0, A1, A2, B0, B1, C0, C1. If possible, that would be really cool!! :cheer:
Last edit: 19 Apr 2016 23:27 by SirDomsen.

More
19 Apr 2016 23:56 #46824 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
If you can't figure out the THOLD switch and you just need it to be used always for making sure the throttle is at minimum, you can wire it up manually inside with a SPDT switch, with the centre pot wire going from the board to the centre pin on the switch, then one extreme of the switch to the centre of the pot, and the other extreme to the minimum pin on the pot (not sure offhand if it's the Vcc or GND wire, but the one the pot has as minimum... I assume GND). Then, with the switch in off mode, the middle signal wire is going direct to the pot as it always has done, and in the on position it will be going direct to the throttle minimum wire, independently of where the throttle stick actually is.

More
20 Apr 2016 01:01 #46829 by PhracturedBlue
The extra switch code is currently disabled in the F7/F4 build. Enabling it should be pretty straight forward. I'll work on it.

More
20 Apr 2016 04:26 #46834 by PhracturedBlue
I've checked in the extra switch support, but it is completely untested. Let us know how it goes.
Support should be in the upcoming nightlies, or take a crack at using the docker image to build your own image

More
21 Apr 2016 22:31 #46963 by SirDomsen
Extra switches show up now in the latest nightly - thanks for that. But I obviously dod something wrong with the wiring. Perhaps because I did not completely understand what the 7e switchmod does. I assumed that ext/ent button on the F4 are connected the same way to the mcu as on the 7e. Seems not like that... To which mcu pins should the extra-switch-wires lead?

More
21 Apr 2016 23:26 #46964 by Epitaph
Did you have any luck with the THOLD and FMODE switches at all in the end?

More
21 Apr 2016 23:53 #46965 by PhracturedBlue
the switch connections are different in the F4. Did you wire it as the diode mod, or without the diodes. I think The way I have it setup it will only work with the diode mod.

There are 4 available scan positions so up to 4 states can be detected so any combination of 4 2-way, 1 3-way and 2 way, or 2 3-way switches can be supported, though the code would need to be changed to enable it, and it would be quite a bit of work. I probably need to change the code so that you attach to C9 instead of c6 for the tap pin (so you can use the non-diode mod). the other 4 wires don't matter. I haven't disassembled my f7 to figure out where the tap point is.

More
22 Apr 2016 05:03 - 22 Apr 2016 07:55 #46970 by SirDomsen
I did the mod with the diodes. I used 1N4148. At the moment I wired the A switch as a 3-way, the B switch as two 2-ways. But as you mentioned, that won't work out, did I understand correct? In that case, I'd prefer to use one 3-way and one two way. The rest of the switches will be wired using the arduino. I'll attach some pictures, soon! Thanks for your help so far!

EDIT:
Now i tested around a bit - With wiring as shown on the pics, I have somewhat of a reaction. Depending on the switch position, the devo does the trim sound. Unfortunately, the buttons don't work, I only hear a trim click sound while trying to hit ent/ext or one of the +/- buttons... :unsure: :lol:
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Apr 2016 07:55 by SirDomsen.

More
22 Apr 2016 13:27 #46984 by PhracturedBlue
I can't tell from the picture, but the white wire also has a diode on it?
I just updated the code (and the nightlies) with a fix because I didn't correctly initialize the port. I also changed the connection from C6 to C9. Unfortunately for you, I'm not sure which pin is C9. You could either find it on the data sheet and trace it to the buttons, or try a few options.

I THINK that it should be a pin connected between the Left-horizontal-trim (right) button and the Right Vertical pin (up) button. If you can find a trace that goes between those 2 pins, that should be the wire you want. move your red wire to that pin. I can't tell if the other 4 wires are wired to the row or column ports, you'll just have to try it and see.

More
22 Apr 2016 13:33 - 22 Apr 2016 13:42 #46986 by Epitaph
Maybe this will help...

Deal57 wrote: Here is the matrix for the Devo F7:
Removed by PB because it is wrong

I don't think they would have changed it that much from the F4 to the F7, they like to standardise things usually to make production easier
Last edit: 22 Apr 2016 13:42 by PhracturedBlue.

More
22 Apr 2016 13:39 - 22 Apr 2016 13:43 #46987 by Epitaph
And here's the schematic for the F4 that was taken a few pages ago, and in the top left corner is the matrix for the F4

File Attachment:

File Name: SchemaDevoF4.pdf
File Size:245 KB

And now I look at that matrix on the PDF, it kind of makes sense why you was hearing trim sounds on C6 hehehe
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Apr 2016 13:43 by Epitaph.

More
22 Apr 2016 13:46 #46988 by PhracturedBlue
I edited your post because I think it contains incorect information.
Both the matrix on the PDF and the quote you posted appear to have come from my table, which was wrong. I have just now corrected the table to be accurate with respect to the code.
www.deviationtx.com/wiki/hardware/devof4

If the trim buttons work properly in the F4, than the above link is correct. If they don't work properly, then nothing will work until the connections are corrected in the code.

More
22 Apr 2016 20:09 - 22 Apr 2016 21:15 #47002 by SirDomsen
I did some tracing at the Devo F4 - but it confuses me a bit.

Traced PC9 --> Thro-V black wire
But as in the table, PB5 should lead to something - but as you see on the pictures it is not connected at the Chip
I assumed Pin1 is on the lower left corner, if the letters on the STM are rightside up - please correct me if I'm wrong :unsure:

EDIT: No, i'm right. I verified it tracing PA13/PA14 to TMS/TCK

Watch the second picture for what I already traced. PC6-PC9 are clear now
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Apr 2016 21:15 by SirDomsen.

More
22 Apr 2016 20:33 #47004 by PhracturedBlue
the letters are not right side up. the top left of the STM32 is where the circle is

More
22 Apr 2016 20:37 #47006 by SirDomsen
Thanks, it was a bit confusing at first but now I see it. I added some info to my last post.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds