Deviation for Devo F4?

More
22 May 2016 22:15 - 23 May 2016 20:32 #49052 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Epitaph, after playing around with the devo.fs file you provided, I determined that the best way to put one on the tx is directly from the buildfs tool - no hassle with file size or out of space on the tx. Thanks!

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?
Last edit: 23 May 2016 20:32 by Arnold.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2016 22:25 - 22 May 2016 22:26 #49053 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Congratulations, you can now get down to business then!!

Yeah, you've added things, but you haven't added LEDs to make it look more like the F7 like I did hehehehe

(I did it before Deviation for F4, so stock FW in the photo, and no added switches)

Last edit: 22 May 2016 22:26 by Epitaph.

More
23 May 2016 06:22 #49061 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
@ Arnold: I bored this hole for a later addition of a 2nd tx module. Just put the plug from one of the shoulder holes into it to,close,it.

@Epitaph I already thought about enlightment,but it was on the bottom of my to-do-list till now :p

More
23 May 2016 21:11 #49085 by Epitaph
Isn't it funny how a push in a certain direction can change the list of priorities hehehehe

I've finally received my cloverleaf antennas today, but still no arduino!! AGHH!!! And I only need it for 1 pot as I have the transmitter right now, and to be honest, I can't see myself needing any more switches!! One thing I will be adding and I have the parts ordered for about a month now (post is so slow all the time!!) is to put an RCA connector on the back for the video out, as I'm not too impressed with the positioning of the video out as it is, very much in the way I find... and I prefer the RCA connectors for it to the jack used... I might add a power out too so it can feed an external monitor or something off the battery pack I have inside, seeing as it's a 2S2P 2000mAh so it's more than double the aftermarket LiPo they sell for this transmitter, the connector is ordered, just not decided if to add it.

More
23 May 2016 21:18 #49086 by Arnold

SirDomsen wrote: ... enlightenment ...

Yes, something we all could use. :-)

More
23 May 2016 21:21 #49087 by Arnold

Epitaph wrote: ... I've finally received my cloverleaf antennas today, but still no arduino!! AGHH!!! And I only need it for 1 pot as I have the transmitter right now, and to be honest, I can't see myself needing any more switches!! One thing I will be adding and I have the parts ordered for about a month now (post is so slow all the time!!) is to put an RCA connector on the back for the video out, as I'm not too impressed with the positioning of the video out as it is, very much in the way I find... and I prefer the RCA connectors for it to the jack used... I might add a power out too so it can feed an external monitor or something off the battery pack I have inside, seeing as it's a 2S2P 2000mAh so it's more than double the aftermarket LiPo they sell for this transmitter, the connector is ordered, just not decided if to add it.

Are you and Sir competing for the maximum nuclear options here? I like it!

What's on the other end of your setup? Camera, vTx, antenna - what will you use? I'm learning the FPV lingo :-)

More
23 May 2016 22:36 #49094 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Deviation for Devo F4?

Arnold wrote:

i know a man who lives on top of a mountain in asia, he could help you ;)

More
24 May 2016 02:24 #49100 by Epitaph
No, we're not competing... as far as I know hehehe

I just like original ideas, like my battery... how is it Walkera can only make an 800mAh LiPo to fit inside the F4 battery compartment, yet I made a 2000mAh one that fits in perfect? So if there is any competition here, first, I got 1 up on Walkera there, and second, we've all gotten 1 up on Walkera just for the fact we can now control rates without having to go through the menu in flight!! And if we start with channels protocols and stuff, well, Walkera might as well pack and go home hehehehe

On the other end... hmmm... well, at the moment I have a flying wing with a servo mounted 700TVL camera on a 200mW Tx which runs great, the servo is controlled by the rudder stick to pan left and right in flight. I also have a 600tvl boardcam I'm fitting to an HMB235 but I haven't received the VTx yet so I can't really comment on that, and I'm waiting on finding some small stuff for a little Tarot 200 I built a while back and has been on the back burner since... personally I'm more into planes than quads. I will make an FPV car too, but that would be better for me with a small groundstation as I use a pistol grip transmitter on cars, and I'm experimenting making a small groundstation with a 4.3" screen for the moment, but it's a slow project I'm doing "a bit here a bit there" heheheh

More
24 May 2016 07:48 #49111 by SirDomsen

HappyHarry wrote:

Arnold wrote:

i know a man who lives on top of a mountain in asia, he could help you ;)

Freudian slip :lol:

At the moment, I fly FPV with this one

More
24 May 2016 16:06 #49131 by Epitaph
Thanks Sir for that clarification of the pins for the A and B switches, I now have them installed and working great!!

I took photos in case you wanted to change yours, as you said you was having trouble with that... I used the same colour wiring as you to make it easier to understand, but I have two 3-way switches installed instead, just your typical A and B. I also included the FMODE shots just in case.

More
24 May 2016 16:07 #49132 by Epitaph

As for the small 5V problem, I've installed a small UBEC in the transmitter connected directly to the switch and grounded on a solder point I made on the board, so that's ready for when the arduino finally arrives!!

More
24 May 2016 19:54 - 24 May 2016 20:03 #49136 by SirDomsen
öGreat photos, thank you! Much better than mine. For the arduino I use the stock 3V3line - a mini pro 5V16MHz is able to handle that. My first mod took the 5V from an IC on the bottom of the MCU. IIrc, it has to so with the OSD. The top right pin offers 5V, the bottom left GND. Should be possible to take,it from,there. But my mistake was not to read the datasheet before soldering there, because 5V can be measured on the bottom right, too. But that pin is not able to pull current, its a data pin or something so I probably damaged something that causes my screen issues - not shure indeed. However I tried to take the 5V from the bottom right pin... :unsure:

Edit: May I ask why u are using just 4 wires and everything works? I assume I missed something :blink:
Last edit: 24 May 2016 20:03 by SirDomsen.

More
24 May 2016 20:39 - 24 May 2016 20:40 #49140 by Arnold

SirDomsen wrote: ... At the moment, I fly FPV with this one

SirDomsen,
Well, that certainly answers my question -"Can you fly?" quite nicely. After seeing your videos, I began to wonder if I have a broken transmitter, since the AIL and RUD on mine don't respond to sticks in mode 2.
Actually, I do get a tiny bit of response, but nowhere near full motion. Since I bought my F4 on eBay at a very low price, perhaps it's been broken since I got it, I thought.
So, I reloaded the Walkera Devention firmware and checked the monitor tool there, but it was perfectly fine, with full throws for all channels, I've reinstalled deviation using the 5.0 release firmware you provided me awhile ago, but still no good. I then tried a few nightlies, but no better. So I'm stuck. I don't know what the problem is.
I'll appreciate any advice anyone can offer.
:unsure: Help!

Epitaph, nice photo guidance on the switch wiring. That helps a lots! Thanks. :)

Last edit: 24 May 2016 20:40 by Arnold.

More
24 May 2016 21:07 #49143 by HappyHarry
have you calibrated the sticks?

More
24 May 2016 21:52 #49146 by Arnold

HappyHarry wrote: have you calibrated the sticks?

Oh, yes. :)

More
24 May 2016 22:11 - 24 May 2016 22:14 #49149 by Epitaph

SirDomsen wrote: Edit: May I ask why u are using just 4 wires and everything works? I assume I missed something :blink:

There are 5 wires... the first switch ( SW A ) has the white and black wires, and the last switch ( SW B ) has the blue and yellow wires, and they are all fed common through the red wire... that's 5

EDIT:

I think I see what you're missing, on the big image of the board you probably can't see the black wire... if you look on the 3rd image I posted, you can see the black wire on there.

Last edit: 24 May 2016 22:14 by Epitaph.

More
24 May 2016 22:21 #49150 by Epitaph
As for the 5V issue, on my 7E I found that the power wasn't constant no matter where I got it from and it would fluctuate depending on the battery voltage at that time, and it was causing my arduino to do nasty things with the pots (change the centre and EPAs depending on voltage), and I found it worked perfect if it had between 4.85 and 5.00V feeding the arduino, and the pots fed off the Vcc and GND from the other pots on the system... the best solution for this was a small €2 UBEC from Banggood which gives 4.95V constant no matter how much the voltage of the power pack fluctuated.

In light of this, rather than start trying to find a 5V constant switched point on the F4, I just got a second UBEC in anticipation, and found it to be the easiest solution really.

More
25 May 2016 00:56 - 25 May 2016 00:57 #49155 by Epitaph

Arnold wrote:

SirDomsen wrote: ... At the moment, I fly FPV with this one

SirDomsen,
Well, that certainly answers my question -"Can you fly?" quite nicely. After seeing your videos, I began to wonder if I have a broken transmitter, since the AIL and RUD on mine don't respond to sticks in mode 2.
Actually, I do get a tiny bit of response, but nowhere near full motion. Since I bought my F4 on eBay at a very low price, perhaps it's been broken since I got it, I thought.
So, I reloaded the Walkera Devention firmware and checked the monitor tool there, but it was perfectly fine, with full throws for all channels, I've reinstalled deviation using the 5.0 release firmware you provided me awhile ago, but still no good. I then tried a few nightlies, but no better. So I'm stuck. I don't know what the problem is.
I'll appreciate any advice anyone can offer.
:unsure: Help!

Epitaph, nice photo guidance on the switch wiring. That helps a lots! Thanks. :)

Have you tried with an older version of Deviation than the 5.0? I'm using 4.0.1 still and don't have that problem... I mean, it's strange that it goes fine with Devention but not Deviation...
Last edit: 25 May 2016 00:57 by Epitaph.

More
25 May 2016 01:48 #49157 by HappyHarry

Arnold wrote:

HappyHarry wrote: have you calibrated the sticks?

Oh, yes. :)

have you checked the channel monitor in deviation to see if you are getting full stick travel?

More
25 May 2016 03:10 #49162 by Arnold

HappyHarry wrote: ... have you checked the channel monitor in deviation to see if you are getting full stick travel?

Yes, I checked. Full travel with THR and ELE, but only tiny movement in AIL and RUD. In Devention's channel monitor I saw full movement in all channels. So, it appears the hardware is good.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds