Devo12 wide screen configurable GUI (intermediate

• rbe2012
  • rbe2012's Avatar Topic Author
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
03 Jun 2013 07:04 #10515 by rbe2012
A short test: setting the toggles invisible resolved this issue. I have mentioned it only after starting the tx, never after changing the model or its config. Anyway, I'll publish a new version this late afternoon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2013 13:13 - 03 Jun 2013 13:32 #10521 by Wene001
Maybe its intuitive to implement it the following way:

If you select an element, there are buttons (up+down) to create an invisible spaceholder above the selected element to move it up and down

Nach dem auswählen eines Elements auf der der Mainpage Config Seite, erscheinen zwei Tasten (up+down) die einen unsichtbaren größenveränderbaren "Spacer" oberhald des ausgewählten Elements einfügt.
Der Spacer darf sich nur solang vergrössern lassen, bis das Element am unteren Bildschirmrand angekommen ist, und wird am besten auf 0 zurückgesetzt wenn man durch draufklicken auf das nächste Element weiterschaltet, welches ja evtl grösser ist

Dadurch kann man sich die Buttons zum Top and Bottom Alignment sparen

Greetz Wene
Last edit: 03 Jun 2013 13:32 by Wene001.

More
03 Jun 2013 14:24 #10522 by cropduster
Replied by cropduster on topic Devo12 wide screen configurable GUI (intermediate

Wene001 wrote: This is also ready for the 12s "live" :-)
I`m using it without issues

Sorry for the stupid quetsion, but I install the 3.0.0 version first and then only the fs release from rbe?

Thanks,

Michael

• rbe2012
More
03 Jun 2013 14:30 #10523 by rbe2012
So if you want to bottom-align the only small box in a row you will have to click 240 times on "one pixel down"...

I have no concrete idea yet how to realize it best.

More
03 Jun 2013 14:56 - 03 Jun 2013 15:15 #10524 by Wene001
i think this would be ok because its just used to fine tune the position of some elements. is there a way to jump bigger steps if the down button is long pressed.
maybe its better not to remove the top and bottom alignment.

@cropduster
use the link in post #10478 in this thread to download firmware and filesystem
Last edit: 03 Jun 2013 15:15 by Wene001.

More
03 Jun 2013 19:03 - 03 Jun 2013 19:26 #10529 by cropduster
Replied by cropduster on topic Devo12 wide screen configurable GUI (intermediate

Wene001 wrote: ....

@cropduster
use the link in post #10478 in this thread to download firmware and filesystem

I did that, upgraded FW devo12.dfu from the link and copied the filesystem, but what about the devo12-lib.dfu?? I did nothing so far, just like in the how-to video, I only did the two steps, firmware and filesystem, and I only get black screen and a heli icon on my devo 12s.

Did I do any wrong?

EDIT: I suppsoe I need to upgarde the library also, but the How-To Vidoe doe snot mention this. I foud the 3 steps in another post there to upgarde the library as 2nd step, just as for the original Walkera library.
Last edit: 03 Jun 2013 19:26 by cropduster.

• rbe2012
More
03 Jun 2013 21:03 - 03 Jun 2013 21:05 #10535 by rbe2012
Yes, that is the way. devo12.dfu first, then change to library tab in dfuse-tool and install devo12-lib.dfu. The filesystem will be the last step.

EDIT: I think the sequence does not matter. The steps should be independent, it's only important to do all three steps.

EDIT2: I believe the video shows the procedure for devo8. For this tx there is no library to be installed separately.
Last edit: 03 Jun 2013 21:05 by rbe2012.

• rbe2012
More
03 Jun 2013 21:13 #10536 by rbe2012
I have uploaded a new version (82d1ef). This one has spacers as proposed by Wene01, but they are not saved yet (so they are lost when you switch models or power off the tx), but this should be sufficient for testing if they are useful.

The toggle issue is fixed, some pages (esp. tx config page) are redesigned for Devo12.

More
04 Jun 2013 00:29 - 04 Jun 2013 01:34 #10539 by Pattaya01
Thanks for the upload, tried a bit and I found that if I try to insert a spacer in-between timer 2 and the bar box, it doesn't work. I think there is enough space, but it refused to insert anything. I then removed timer2, pressed the +, a new box appeared. But after clicking 2x on the new box, it vanished and after that, impossible to insert a new box.

Edit: Seems to be a general issue. If I delete an object, insert a new one, click on it 4 times, it disappears and you cannot insert another one anymore.

Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Jun 2013 01:34 by Pattaya01.

• rbe2012
More
04 Jun 2013 05:24 #10542 by rbe2012
Yep, confirmed.
If you delete an element (or more) above, the "disappeared" element gets visible again and it gets obvious that it was too big to fit. There is something wrong with calculating the visibility of objects - non-fitting objects are not skipped.
I have worked on this yesterday because the spacers needed some rework. Maybe it was too late to see this bug... I confess I did most of the tests with the 2nd column where not trims are (in my default config).
Sometimes it is sufficient to change the trim type to make the elements visible (e.g. 2*big box, box, new element changed 2 or 3 times (crosses) --> invisible; appear when trims are removed).

More
04 Jun 2013 05:55 - 04 Jun 2013 06:19 #10543 by cropduster
@RBE: Thanks, that clears it up. The video actuallyshows DEVO-10 and I had a DEVO-8 before and the normal Walkera DEVO-8 software also has firmware and library. Anyway, now it is clear to me.

rbe2012 wrote: Yes, that is the way. devo12.dfu first, then change to library tab in dfuse-tool and install devo12-lib.dfu. The filesystem will be the last step.

EDIT: I think the sequence does not matter. The steps should be independent, it's only important to do all three steps.

EDIT2: I believe the video shows the procedure for devo8. For this tx there is no library to be installed separately.

Last edit: 04 Jun 2013 06:19 by cropduster.

• rbe2012
More
04 Jun 2013 13:42 #10557 by rbe2012
I have published a new version (Version_b034b1). The handling of elements is improved now; the issue Pattaya01 mentioned does not occur anymore.

More
04 Jun 2013 16:50 - 04 Jun 2013 17:10 #10559 by Wene001

Wene001 wrote: Maybe its intuitive to implement it the following way:

If you select an element, there are buttons (up+down) to create an invisible spaceholder above the selected element to move it up and down

Nach dem auswählen eines Elements auf der der Mainpage Config Seite, erscheinen zwei Tasten (up+down) die einen unsichtbaren größenveränderbaren "Spacer" oberhald des ausgewählten Elements einfügt.
Der Spacer darf sich nur solang vergrössern lassen, bis das Element am unteren Bildschirmrand angekommen ist, und wird am besten auf 0 zurückgesetzt wenn man durch draufklicken auf das nächste Element weiterschaltet, welches ja evtl grösser ist

Greetz Wene

Damit meinte ich dass jedes Element bei den veränderbaren Eigenschaften einen up und einen Down Button dazukriegt, welcher den Abstand oberhald des ausgewählten Elements verändert.

Ich find so wies jetzt ist ist nur unnötig kompliziert und nicht praxistauglich

Ich Möchte zB auf die Elementbox Toggles klicken und mit 2 Buttons denn Abstand oberhald des Toggle Elements verändern können, dann könnt ichs zB auch nur um 1 Pixel runterschieben.

Kein eigenes Spacer Element...
Last edit: 04 Jun 2013 17:10 by Wene001.

• rbe2012
More
04 Jun 2013 20:22 #10562 by rbe2012
Hey Wene,
I also don't like these spacers. The idea of shifting every element individually up and down might be the best, but in consequence I will have to store the coordinates of every element. Actually I can calculate them.
It is the old question - memory size or calculating speed.
I fell the time to redraw the screen on the main config page is too long so speeding it up isn't the worst idea.
I think I will give this a try too.

More
04 Jun 2013 20:57 #10564 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo12 wide screen configurable GUI (intermediate
Sorry, I've been away for a while, but I'll poke in here again. RBE? Where do we stand now? It looks like it has come along nicely. I know you were working on a 3-column mode. Is it available now for the Devo8, or is this still Devo12 only?

• rbe2012
More
05 Jun 2013 05:24 #10587 by rbe2012
Hello PhracturedBlue,
the gui is quite far actually. I have it implemented in a way that it is possible to run on Devo12 in 4-column-mode (3 columns with a #define-switch) and on Devo8 in 3-column-mode. Nearly all changes I have done for enabling this are in the 320-240x16-directories (pages, gui) - none esp. in the 480x272-dirs (these files only include the 320x... files except the gui/480x272x16/_gui.h).
The gui itself seems to be stable as far as I can say and have heard. There is one wish of being able to move elements up and down what I want to implement next and I am struggling with controlling the config page with keys (what might be less important for a graphical interface).
I have reworked some pages to make use of the bigger screen (e.g. the tx config page or the timer page which don't need scroll bars on the 480-screen while they reproduce the 320-screen for Devo8...).

I believe I will need two more days for coding and testing (thanks to Steve I have now my Devo12 so I can make the first tests by myself). And I have to clean the code a little bit but this will be done fast.

I would greatly appreciate your opinion about the gui; if you think it is usable or if you have some other ideas which should be implemented.

More
05 Jun 2013 06:31 #10590 by Wene001
can´t it be stored as it is now as an invisible spacer if one element is shifted down ?

• rbe2012
More
05 Jun 2013 07:17 #10592 by rbe2012
This would make memory usage worse because I would have to store a complete element if I treat those invisible spacers as such (with whatever an element can contain, e.g. 4 sources, toggle icons... a sum of 14 bytes (less than I expected, I confess)). I will better store the coordinates (at least y) - this costs only 2 bytes per element.
But this new value has to saved and loaded with the model... this is where I start.

More
05 Jun 2013 08:54 #10595 by Pattaya01
I have tried your latest release, and for me, those spacers work fine. I got the info that I want, can align nicely, what more would I want? :-)

Attachments:

More
05 Jun 2013 12:31 - 05 Jun 2013 12:39 #10597 by Wene001
Of Course it would be the best solution to have the option to move each element up and down and store the y coordinates.
No funny spacer elements and intuitive to use.
I would remove the top an bottom alignment to keep it simple.
Bigger steps on long press is all we need i think.
If possible dont redraw the whole screen

Can you change the limit of max 4 toggle elements to 6.
I like it like one complete element ist used each toggle.
switch on position 0 left icon
same switch on position 1 middle icon
same switch on position 2 right icon
This way the position of the icon gives the state of the switch for quicker reading.

BTW I don´t like that the color changes on a selected element.
I think the best way is to draw a red border around the selected element.

Thx again for the great work.
I´m only a stupid user
Last edit: 05 Jun 2013 12:39 by Wene001.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds