Voice alerts test build

More
10 Feb 2017 08:16 - 10 Feb 2017 08:41 #59024 by Morlacus
Replied by Morlacus on topic Voice alerts test build
I was considering the open tx way in which there is a file for each number from 0 to 100 which makes things easy. and 10 for hundreds. and one for thousand.But I agree, more hardcoding.
Last edit: 10 Feb 2017 08:41 by Morlacus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2017 09:38 - 10 Feb 2017 09:39 #59025 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Voice alerts test build
Actually not that much hardcoding, if it works well in any language, why not do it this way?
Last edit: 10 Feb 2017 09:39 by Moeder.

More
10 Feb 2017 10:03 #59026 by Morlacus
If it is not too much programming work, It would give a great ease of understanding for numbers. and translation.

More
10 Feb 2017 12:00 #59027 by Moeder
Just read through the dfplayer wiki, it seems it supports only 255 files per folder, can someone confirm this? If we do not want to add the additional hassle (and probably timing messy) folder switching, we would be limited to roughly 100 custom alerts if we do the number mp3s as suggested by morlacus

More
10 Feb 2017 13:00 #59028 by Morlacus

Moeder wrote: Just read through the dfplayer wiki, it seems it supports only 255 files per folder, can someone confirm this? If we do not want to add the additional hassle (and probably timing messy) folder switching, we would be limited to roughly 100 custom alerts if we do the number mp3s as suggested by morlacus

All I read about the dfplayer gives the same information. 255 files by folder. It is possible to place the files in the root but I do not know if it is possible to have more files. To have 100 number files more would reduce by the same number the custom files and leave 100 files for them. If we want to have more (and no more than 200 if we use one directory) It would be necessary to have 2 directories. One could be for hardcoded messages which use concateneted messages and the other for custom alerts.
Or have only 100 custom messages for switches and télemetry and trims (which is more than the icon linked to the switches limited to 64 ) but effectively could be not enough, may be.
Or do not change the number voices.
Or have 2 sd cards

More
10 Feb 2017 15:14 - 10 Feb 2017 17:24 #59032 by Morlacus
I have made some test about the number of files in a folder in the sd card in the df player.
I have put 290 different files named from 2000 to 2289 in the mp3 folder and read them one by one by "button pressing"
I have linked my devo 8s and there is no problem to speak the commands as long as in the music map the numbers follow each other. I cannot affect a number if the number of music id jump from 2015 to 2156 in the music map. So I have not been able to try great numbers of music id
I hope this is clear.

I found a different information on dfplayer: www.picaxe.com/docs/spe033.pdf which states 1000 files by folder.

In testing I had problems with the music map. When putting a long music map to try to test to have many sounds my TX crashed and I had to remonve the file. Hereunder the errors.txt

File Attachment:

File Name: errors.txt
File Size:4 KB

For testing purposes I would know how has to be filled the music.map in the custom sounds part. Have all the music id from 2000 in a sequential order without gap (from 2000 to say 2100 without jumping any number ? what is the maximum lines possible for the moment.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Feb 2017 17:24 by Morlacus. Reason: add precision

More
10 Feb 2017 18:16 #59035 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Voice alerts test build
From my test at the time it did not matter, if files were in folder mp3 or in the root, also name could be anything as long as starting with for digit nr.

More
11 Feb 2017 00:13 #59047 by Moeder
Thank you for your testing effort. The numbers currently have to be sequential, as anything else would be quite messy to be represented in a text selector. We could scan music map and give each entry an internal sequential number, but that would actually be more confusing.

Currently there is a randomly chosen hard limit of 80 lines in music.map

More
11 Feb 2017 07:07 #59054 by Morlacus

Moeder wrote: Thank you for your testing effort. The numbers currently have to be sequential, as anything else would be quite messy to be represented in a text selector. We could scan music map and give each entry an internal sequential number, but that would actually be more confusing.

Currently there is a randomly chosen hard limit of 80 lines in music.map

Thanks a lot for the info.

I have noticed that you use in your builds the backgrnd.bmp for the devo 8s and (probably in the lib of the devo 12s). Would it be possible to you to use the devo8.bmp and devo12.bmp (the two in the media folder for 8s and 12s) like in the final version 5. That would be more practical and it would not be compulsory to change the media directory or lib when testing.

More
11 Feb 2017 07:44 #59055 by briareos7777
Replied by briareos7777 on topic Voice alerts test build
Would it be possible to use a samsung galaxy s5 speaker or an iphone 7 speaker or any other cell phone speakers for this mod? Hopefully they would be loud enough and they can be put inside the transmitter and maybe drill small small holes in the plastic.

I'm not sure how to tell which end is the positive or negative on those speakers. I don't have those phones to be able to use a multi-meter to the ground to see which connection is the ground.

More
11 Feb 2017 09:14 #59061 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Voice alerts test build
The volume is plenty loud from my testing i guess it would be fine if it was louder..The speaker i found that works pretty good is a speaker from one of those talking gift cards they are very thin and pretty loud..

More
11 Feb 2017 09:33 #59062 by Moeder
My repository gets synchronized with current nightlies regularly, as this will make sure you get all bug fixes and new protocols as well, so I have no influence on the bmp. I'd prefer staying with current nightlies as a base for the extension, as this will make merging a lot easier, if we ever get this extension out of alpha testing ;)

More
11 Feb 2017 10:10 #59065 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Voice alerts test build

Moeder wrote: My repository gets synchronized with current nightlies regularly, as this will make sure you get all bug fixes and new protocols as well, so I have no influence on the bmp. I'd prefer staying with current nightlies as a base for the extension, as this will make merging a lot easier, if we ever get this extension out of alpha testing ;)

I agree, this is the right way.
It is easy to add the new background.bmp to the old filesystem for the try...

More
11 Feb 2017 13:02 #59068 by Morlacus

FDR wrote:

Moeder wrote: My repository gets synchronized with current nightlies regularly, as this will make sure you get all bug fixes and new protocols as well, so I have no influence on the bmp. I'd prefer staying with current nightlies as a base for the extension, as this will make merging a lot easier, if we ever get this extension out of alpha testing ;)

I agree, this is the right way.
It is easy to add the new background.bmp to the old filesystem for the try...

Sorry I thought I was up to date :oops: I am not used to (and have not really understood) what are nightly builds vs tests. Anyway I will do as you suggest. And hope a new version of Moeder's tests :)

More
13 Feb 2017 07:24 #59103 by magic_marty
If we load the test build without having the DFplayer hooked up will the tx still have the default beeps like before?

More
13 Feb 2017 13:29 #59107 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Voice alerts test build
I am pretty sure that if you are using an external PPM through the DSC port, Devo can check if the RX pin (PA10) is low, which indicates the plug is not inserted. I don't know of a way to do that internally but it should be possible to use a similar approach.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
13 Feb 2017 13:43 #59108 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Voice alerts test build
I understand that question magic, it should be possible to have alerts set to be beep, voice, buzz, both etc.
From the builds that I tested when using voice, there was no more beeps alerts. Maybe Moeder can confirm status?

Once that is up an running, indeed could be part of the nightly builds?
Anyone can than easily start to test, with or without DF player.....

More
13 Feb 2017 13:52 - 13 Feb 2017 13:56 #59109 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Voice alerts test build
I have put together a prototype for an external speaker box for the DFPlayer. While I believe it to be fully functional, I still need to load the test Deviation software (however, it is modeled on my breadboard from some time ago, so I'm pretty confident it will work). The big gap now is figuring out power requirements and the right size for the box.

This external box includes these basic features:
  • Very audible volume
  • Next/Previous buttons (also do volume control)
  • Power Switch
  • Power Indicator - busy indicator
  • USB Access to SD card
  • 3.5mm Audio Jack for PPM input... I could still add a headphone jack
  • Battery power (LIPO) - don't yet know much power will be required

This box is based on a Thingiverse Push-toy box (thing:219437) because it has the right sized speaker holder (28mm - Radio Shack part 273-092) which also serves to amplify the volume noticeably. This box is not actually big enough for all my current wiring and battery, but with maybe an extra 6-8mm in height everything might fit - it is now roughly 50mm x 70mm x 24mm. Size will dependent on power requirements (thus battery size) for long-term use. I found that a Pololu step up/down regulator at 4.2v seems to be the sweet spot for the player and my add-on items.

I have yet to install the software on my Devo, and I'll post results when it's done.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Feb 2017 13:56 by Deal57. Reason: Attachment was too large.

More
13 Feb 2017 16:43 #59110 by Moeder
The solution from mwm/phantom 8 allows defining whether a sound should be played on dfplayer or buzzer within sound.ini. I agree this is not very comfortable if you do not have the player hooked up internally. I like the idea of checking for a plug in ppm to automatically disable music alarms and revert back to buzzer sounds if unplugged. But what if someone has it wired internally? That would require you to define in hardware.ini if external audio is mounted internally or externally... Will have to think about that.

The new number readout code is finished, but won't fit on devo7e yet... I guess we have to live with that. New builds aren't ready as I'm switching over to continuously numbered mp3s in music.map (000-0130 reserved, 0131+ for custom) , as this will improve performance and save quite some memory.

More
13 Feb 2017 17:41 #59111 by magic_marty
Good point , on my 12 i don't use the dsc port there is two pins on the board labeled tx/rx and that is what i have the DFplayer hooked to...

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds