Voice alerts test build

More
13 Feb 2017 22:51 #59113 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Voice alerts test build
The Game Port is where the DSC plug is connected, but the plug itself does the thing with grounding the RX pin. So if you use the pins directly, you lose that functionality. And maybe it's not such a good idea to connect to the processor RX pin internally since it will go to ground when anything goes into the DSC port? It seems to me the best place to connect the DFPlayer TX and RX lines is to the DSC port hardware Tip and Ring pins. This will keep the DSC functionality and avoid any conflict between the DFPlayer TX to Devo RX (PA9) logic level.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2017 01:45 #59115 by Deal57
One question, one request, and I'll be ready to go:
* Can you post a DFU for the Devo12e? My kid is using the 6s and my 7e is in need of repair -- er, i mean on holiday..
* Do i understand it right that the emulator doesn't actually play the mp3 files? I can see that it is "Playing music #0 (Welcome to Deviation)" and when I go to the Telemetry config screen I can set an alert to cause noises. Is there a spot to put the mp3 files?

More
14 Feb 2017 06:47 #59119 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Voice alerts test build
It will probably be a couple of days until I can post your requested build, as I'm quite busy right now.

You're right the emulator won't play mp3s, just as it won't fly any of your models ;)

More
14 Feb 2017 15:48 - 17 Feb 2017 16:16 #59128 by Moeder
Ok here you are. Please note this build also has the new number readout feature, delayed startup message and isn't guaranteed to work perfectly :). It requires the new set of mp3s and the map file I also attached. The new handling of music.map requires its entries to be in sequential order, but now you can select all alarms available in music.map in the music config menu, although when switching from "None" to a number it will automatically jump to the first custom entry. Enjoy.

BTW, how do you upload builds to the downloads section of the homepage? I don't want to spam up the forum too much...
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Feb 2017 16:16 by Moeder. Reason: updated builds below

More
14 Feb 2017 17:43 - 14 Feb 2017 18:34 #59132 by Morlacus
Replied by Morlacus on topic Voice alerts test build
Hello
Thanks for this new version. From the first test on my devo 8s
I have noticed in the music config page that the number begins to 138 but can also go down.
Last edit: 14 Feb 2017 18:34 by Morlacus.

More
14 Feb 2017 17:52 #59133 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Voice alerts test build

Moeder wrote: BTW, how do you upload builds to the downloads section of the homepage? I don't want to spam up the forum too much...

Since you are a member of the developer group, you can upload test builds with this script:
www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/64-developer-tools#

More
14 Feb 2017 18:21 - 14 Feb 2017 18:22 #59134 by Moeder
@FDR: Thanks! I'll upload further builds there.
@morlacus: don't forget to upload the new mp3 folder to the SD card. Concerning selection in music configuration, I thought it makes most sense to start with the custom sounds (138+), but you still wanted all preset sounds available as well. But we can also remove them if you prefer, they don't make too much sense in my opinion.

Implementation of trim buttons is delayed, be cause I noticed they are not available in the emulator :(
Last edit: 14 Feb 2017 18:22 by Moeder.

More
14 Feb 2017 18:36 #59135 by Morlacus
Do not take into account my last message except for the down numbering in the music config boxes.
I have sound and continue to test.
Congratulations for the work done.

More
14 Feb 2017 21:25 #59140 by Morlacus
After some more testing on my devo 8s
What works perfectly : the switches sounds are perfect.
The timer count down works well (60 seconds could be 1 minute but we have not minute in the sounds)
Sometimes some sounds are missing in the count down, either the number or seconds.

What is missing
The welcome message (I hear sometimes the 138 message as I had the 2000 in the previous build (always the first of the custom ones)
The good bye
The inactivity message (the one I regret the more)
My hope : to have an elapsed flight time in minutes based on the timer (up or down)
and to be nitpicking : to have the timer count down message shifted of 3 or 4 seconds to have the end of the message more locked on the timer .:)

More
14 Feb 2017 23:16 - 14 Feb 2017 23:17 #59147 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Voice alerts test build

Moeder wrote: I like the idea of checking for a plug in ppm to automatically disable music alarms and revert back to buzzer sounds if unplugged. But what if someone has it wired internally? That would require you to define in hardware.ini if external audio is mounted internally or externally... Will have to think about that.

Would it work to have something like
hasSound = none / check / internal
?
So you can specify that
- you don't have anything so don't bother checking (default)
- you plug it in so check on startup
- you've hardwired it so always enable?
Last edit: 14 Feb 2017 23:17 by RoGuE_StreaK.

More
15 Feb 2017 15:06 #59154 by Deal57
Thank you, it seems to work well on my 12e! I'm using my external box and the volume is LOUD! In fact the mp3 gains are too loud for the speaker and I have to turn it down :lol:

As reported by @Morlacus the Welcome and Goodbye messages aren't working. I'll hook it up to my scope and see what's happening. I haven't worked with any alarms yet, but the switch assignments work great.

I'll post a vid when I have a chance. This is pretty exciting!

More
16 Feb 2017 01:37 #59176 by Deal57
It's nice to hear my Devo! :P

Looking at the data stream with Logic, when I turn on the transmitter there is no message sent, therefore no Welcome message; likewise when shutting down. The switch messages however are visible and I can see the entire packet perfectly.

There doesn't appear to be any control message in the stream at startup and shutdown. I remember some work on that timing when @mwm was doing this, so maybe it's a "wake-up" thing or something.

In this video, I use the external sound box with volume/scroll buttons and you can hear a couple of voice alerts. When I turn on the transmitter you don't hear anything. When I toggle some switches you can hear the messages with good volume. The gain seems to be very high on these MP3s, higher than the ones we were using last year, so they overdrive the speaker a bit. One "nice-to-have" will be a way to control volume from the Devo screen, because it seems that the hardware is always reset to the loudest volume. I can of course reduce the volume but when Devo powers back up the volume is back up, too.

The box I am using is not big enough for the circuits and connections, and I'm exploring alternative boards/project box combinations. I really like having buttons and an LED on the front, and room for the battery. My next design uses the -Busy line to drive the LED, so you can also see when the DFPlayer is playing something. I am using a 200mah battery now and i get about 1/2 hour use more or less while I am testing. So I'm targeting the next box to hold maybe 350-500mah Lipo along with the rest.

More
16 Feb 2017 03:05 #59178 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Voice alerts test build
NB: the "low rates" file pronounces as "L.O.W"

More
16 Feb 2017 06:19 #59179 by Moeder
I think I found the bug concerning startup / shutdown and some other message, I'll try to fix it soon. Setting volume has long been on my to do list. Would you expect it in the music configuration menu (model specific) or rather have it in transmitter configuration just as buzzer volume? I tend to the latter...

More
16 Feb 2017 06:24 #59180 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Voice alerts test build

Moeder wrote: I think I found the bug concerning startup / shutdown and some other message, I'll try to fix it soon. Setting volume has long been on my to do list. Would you expect it in the music configuration menu (model specific) or rather have it in transmitter configuration just as buzzer volume? I tend to the latter...

I agree on the latter i personally don't see any need for setting a different volume for each model...However it would be cool to be able to set different volumes for different things such as important warnings that could cause a crash ect...

More
16 Feb 2017 11:48 #59186 by Deal57
Simplest is best ... I agree that it's like the buzzer volume now, so transmitter menu should be fine.

More
16 Feb 2017 15:45 #59196 by Morlacus
I agree with Deal57 about the volume setting. an individual setting for each sound would be very complex for very little gain.
As concerns timers, will I have to attach my old talking clock to the new sound box I am preparing ? Is there a possibility to have , not a longer prealert count down but a count of minutes of flight which would be treated just as a sound alert to be enabled or not and would be counted in minutes ? That would help in many occasions and also in competition such f3k (hand launched gliders)

More
17 Feb 2017 16:15 - 21 Feb 2017 00:10 #59232 by Moeder
Added volume setting support for DFPlayer, it can be found in Transmitter config as suggested, setting will be saved in tx.ini, default is maximum volume (30). I also tried a preliminary bugfix for alarms 0-20 (e.g. startup/goodbye) - I hope it works!

Link to download page for voice alert test builds
Last edit: 21 Feb 2017 00:10 by Moeder. Reason: Add download links

More
17 Feb 2017 17:50 #59235 by Morlacus
Great improvement !!!
From my first tests
The volume works,
Good bye works very well. Inactivity too - Is there a way to set have a longer repetetion interval which would be better for messages. What could be the longest message possible especialley for inactivity?
finished binding works.
As concerns Welcome message it is more erratic. It does not arrives just (and only) on the TX opening. it colapses sometimes with binding and sometimes is missing.

Just when I was testing a count down chrono I had left the Throttle stick up and I had a good beginning. 60 seconds 50 seconds, 40 seconds, and after the inactivity began to mix whih the count down (normal 1 minute for inactivity ) and the welcome message began to be mixed an i had mixed repetition of welcome and count down 10 seconds and lots of welcome.and all was very confused.
If the inactivity message did not interfere there was not problem the count down was correct and when the inactivity began(after the last count down message) it was in alternance with alarm timer one. (seems normal but inactivity could take over the other alarms, may be.)
I noticed also 1 time the message 138 on switching on the TX (instead welcome)

Anyway many progresses !!!

More
17 Feb 2017 19:31 #59247 by Moeder
Nice to hear volume works, didn't have a chance to try it out. It is not implemented for Audiofx boards BTW, as these only allow up/down rather than specifying a value. But I think most are using dfplayer anyways, as it is cheaper and smaller.

I was worried the current handling of number readout vs regular readout would mess things up. I guess I have to move everything to the music queue used for number readouts, but this would break the possibility of having buzzer and mp3 at the same time as they are sharing the same timer (any of the experts have a different solution?)

One other thing: to not make things more complicated concerning internal and external wiring of the player: I'd set it up that when audio volume is set to off, the traditional buzzer alarms will be used even if external audio is activated.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds